• Published 28th Oct 2014
  • 2,087 Views, 95 Comments

Welcome Back! - Lynchristina



Cheese Sandwich's cheesy sense lures him into Ponyville once more. While he's there, he and Pinkie plan a royal party. Could there be more waiting for him in Ponyville than just a party?

  • ...
2
 95
 2,087

Chapter 1: Welcome Back!

It was a start of a new day in Ponyville, the light of the bright sun shined through a window of Sugarcube Corner. A pink pony felt the warm sunshine on her face, she smiled and dragged herself off the bed.

The sleepy pony yawned,"Good morning Celestia, the sun is looking extra bright! It must be a special day today, I can feel it, don't you?"

The mare beamed, she walked towards her bathroom and heard a book fall down to the wooden floor. She looked at where the sound was, she saw a book. It was her scrapbook. She plopped down on the wooden floor and flipped through the pages. She saw many pictures of her friends on adventures. Once she flipped through the next page, she stopped. She stared at the pictures within the page, it was full of her with...... Cheese Sandwich.

Pinkie sighed, and placed her hoof on the pictures,"That was a super awesome day, it's been like forever."

There was a knock at the door,"Pinkie, I need you to take care of a shift for me. Carrot Cake and I need to bring an order to this wedding. We thought it was tomorrow, but apparently they moved it up to today. Why don't you come down and eat breakfast?"

Pinkie closed the book,"I'll be there in a sec, don't worry Mrs. Cake!"
......................................................................................................................

The happy squeals of delights from the fillies echoed around the small living room. Wrappers, crumbs, and confetti littered the floor, but for once nopony cared. It was the best birthday party any of them could remember. Matrix trotted over to the poncho clad stallion in the corner. "Thanks so much for this, Mr. Sandwich. It's the best party my sister's ever had."

The stallion grabbed his poncho hat and placed it on his head,"Your welcome little filly, it's my job to make everypony smile."

The mare giggled,"You remind me of this mare that my cousin wrote in her letters, she does the same thing you do, you should go visit her. I think my cousin said she lived in Ponyville or something."

Cheese Sandwich chuckled,"Maybe.... someday."

The mare waved her hoof goodbye and watched the party pony leave to the sunrise. Cheese Sandwich walked through the rough path to who knows where.

He turned to the rubber chicken resting comfortably on the saddle. "Well, Boneless 2, where do you think we're going next?" The rubber chicken's head sunk lower. Cheese nodded thoughtfully, as though an unspoken conversation had just occurred. "You want to go to Ponyville?" His emerald eyes sparkled in excitement. "Hehe, I guess we can go for a while. But, when the Cheesy sense comes, we'll have to leave. I'm a traveling pony after all."

Cheese began to trot his way to Ponyville.

................................................................................

Pinkie Pie took the dirty dishes to the sink,"So,when will you two be back?"

Mrs. Cake pushed the cake through the door,"Tonight!"

Mr.Cake waved to Pinkie,"Take care of the foals!"

Pinkie waved back,"Don't worry!"

Pinkie walked to the counter and rested her hoof on it,"I wonder when you'll be back, you never told me. I guess I should have asked you before you left."

The store's bell ranged, a purple alicorn came through that door and went towards to Pinkie,"Hello Pinkie."

Pinkie jumped,"Hiya Twilight, what are you doing at this hour?"

Twilight smiled,"Well, I was hoping if your not too busy, you would want to plan a party for somepony I know."

Pinkie squealed,"A party, for who exactly?"

Twilight flew up in excitement,"It's for Cadence and Shining Armor,....... They're having a foal!"

Pinkie gasped,"A party for Cadence's foal! That's great!"

Twilight flew down and pranced around like a little filly,"I know, I'm going to be an aunt! So will you do it?"

Pinkie jumped,"Of course! This is going to be the biggest party ever!"

..............................................................................................

Cheese hummed a happy tune while he walked through the dessert. Then he stopped, he started to feel a doozy coming up. Everything shook, his cutie mark started to make music.

Cheese hopped,"Wow! Now that was a doozy. That's weird, it's saying to go to....."

Cheese gasped," Ponyville!"

Cheese leaped happily to the air,"Yes! Now I have a reason to go! And there's going to be a party there too, a big one."

.................................................................................

Twilight trotted with excitement towards the door,"Well, I'll leave you to it Pinkie, thanks."

Pinkie hopped happily towards the kitchen. Alright, lets get baking. I just need to find those cooking utensils, and some ingredients, I should probably go to the market.

.................................................................................

Cheese looked up to see a sugary sweet like building. So this is where Pinkie lives in, I wonder if this place is made up of real sweets.

The stallion went up to the pink wooden steps and opened the door to smell the sweet aurora of the shop's sweets. He looked into different directions to see that nopony was there. Cheese noticed a small bell, he tapped on it to see if somepony was there.

Pinkie heard the bell, "Just a minute!"

Cheese's ears perked up high.That sounds like Pinkie's voice.

Pinkie grabbed her utensils,"Here they are."

Pinkie Pie grabbed her cooking utensils and walked to the counter to meet the customer,"Okay, so what do you....."

Cheese took off his poncho hat and smiled at the Pinkie,"Hi Pinkie Pie."

Pinkie jumped in excitement," Cheese, I can't believe your here, I never thought you'd come back because your a traveling pony and all. But who cares, your here in Ponyville!"

Cheese's smile grew wide as he watched the pink mare jump up and down talking to him. Look at her, so full of energy, sometimes I forget how she even does that.

Pinkie stopped at mid-air,"Wait, why are you here?"

Cheese dragged his hoof around Pinkie and pointed his other hoof to the distance,"Well my pink friend, I was going to visit you, but then I felt my cheesy sense pointing that their was a party being planned here."

Pinkie was overjoyed to hear that he was going to plan the party with her,"So that means your going to plan the foal shower with me?"

Cheese was thrilled at the thought of working with Pinkie this time. And this time, they're not going to battle with each other.

Cheese slightly nodded at Pinkie,"Yepadoodles!"

Pinkie bounced and smiled at the stallion,"That's great, I was going to pick some ingredients at the supermarket after the Cakes come back, do you wanna come?"

Cheese nodded,"Sure."

Author's Note:

This is my first romance story, no it's not. My first one, I deleted it. I hope this one is better than the first one.

This is the tune that Cheese was humming.

:pinkiehappy: