• Published 26th Oct 2014
  • 3,912 Views, 152 Comments

My Little Pony - The Age of Dinosaurs - StrangeBehavior



Equestria, a magical land ruled and controlled by the ponies, has had a period of peace for a thousand years…Now, ancient predators of another world start to appear…Is it the start of something greater and a warning of disasters to come

  • ...
6
 152
 3,912

Chapter 12: Tyrannosaurus rex

Twilight and Red-Claw were in absolute fear, the monster known as Tyrannosaurus rex was here in Manehatten's streets. The predator was huge, even among his species, whereas an average Tyrannosaurus was forty feet in length, this one was close to fifty-eight feet in length. His navy blue body was covered in the telltale signs of scars acquired from years of battle, his head were bright reds, oranges, yellows, cyans, and greens, also marked with a faded scar that had the shape of a bite mark from another tyrannosaur. His commanding aura made the ponies and some other animals feel like they're in the presence of death itself.

The Allosaurus initially roared to try and scare away the super-predator, but he simply assumed it was a challenge and let out a thunderous growling roar that made the dinosaurs and ponies sensitive ears ring painfully. The weakened dragon knew immediately that the T. rex wants him for food and struggled more desperately to try to free himself from the rubble, to run because the Allosaurus broke his wings.

One Allosaur foolishly charged at the carnivore, but the apex predator sidestepped and caught the Jurassic carnivore in his jaws as it squirmed around to try to free itself. Everyone cringed in pain as they heard the Allosaurus scream in pain and heard its bones cracking as the Tyrannosaurus slowly closed his jaws shut. Then the scourge of the American West quickly crunched the Allosaurus as it limped lifelessly in the beast's bone-crushing jaws. With one swing of his head, the tyrannosaur tossed the mangled corpse of the carnosaur to the feet of its pack. The tyrannosaur then let out a low, growling hiss as the blood of his victim dripped from his thick fangs like a venomous snake, then what the Mane Six saw next, made their hooves as heavy as lead…

They saw the Allosaurus whimper and flee in a panic, the Allosaurus, the fearless carnivores that gave them so much trouble the past week, flee like cockroaches from a light. The Tyrannosaurus bull then turned his piercing gaze on the biggest prey in the worst possible position it can find itself in, the dragon now struggling more frantically than ever to free itself. It is not only trapped, the dragon was much bigger than the tyrannosaur, is weakened by the Allosaurus, is bleeding from its injuries, and is trying to free itself in desperation, an opportunity that an apex predator can and will exploit.

The dragon looked on in horror as the massive North American carnivore was slowly walking to him, the predator's jaws held open, the tyrannosaur was like a cat, ready to pounce on an unsuspecting mouse. The dragon, now more desperate than ever, finally managed to free himself from the rubble and limped away, but he knew it was too late to try and run away.

The Tyrannosaurus hissed as the smell and taste of fresh blood kicked in his primal instincts, but he is careful, he knew that even if the dragon is injured, it will, like any herbivore he faced before, fight back viciously if it needs to.

The dragon fired a powerful stream of fire from his mouth at the tyrannosaur, but the super-predator dodged the attack and charged at the dragon. The dragon then swiped his good arm to try to claw his attacker, but that was what the tyrannosaur knew the dragon was going to do. The ponies gasped in panic as the massive dragon was screaming in pain as the Tyrannosaurus crushed the dragon's arm under nearly eight tons of pressure. The dragon, now desperate to escape, slammed his injured free arm on top of the tyrannosaur's head.

Though it didn't hurt the predator, the Tyrannosaurus let go of the dragon's arm in his jaws in surprise of the dragon's assault. The North American predator shook his head and growled bitterly at his prey, who was groaning in pain as his arm was rendered useless by the bone-crushing bite of his attacker. The dragon opened his eyes and saw the Tyrannosaurus charging forward, jaws wide open, showing around sixty serrated teeth that can damage even the toughest armor. It was too late for the dragon to react, because the tyrannosaur had caught the dragon's neck in his jaws.

Twilight and the others, along with the raptor pack and several other ponies coming to investigate the ruckus, watched in horror as the Tyrannosaurus crushed the dragon under fifteen thousand pounds of pressure. The massive dragon slowly struggled less as his life faded, then in a quick instant, the predatory dinosaur clamped his mighty jaws shut, killing the fire-breathing reptile.

Fluttershy uttered, with tears streaming from her eyes, "H-how horrible…He didn't deserve that…"
*THUD*
The lifeless body of the dragon crashed down that shook the ground, the dinosaur sniffed the corpse with drool dripping from his fangs. Then, what everyone saw next, would generate nightmares of the highest caliber for weeks to come…

The Tyrannosaurus bit down on the base of the dragon's neck and with a powerful jerk upwards, ripped it clean off. The ponies were terrified and threw up at the gruesome scene, and did so again when the Tyrannosaurus did the same thing to the base of the tail.

Twilight asked to herself, "What is that dinosaur doing? Why rip the head and tail off…"

She stopped herself when the answer came, the Tyrannosaurus used every muscle in his gigantic body to pick up the dragon's body, and dragged it the same way he came from.
Twilight realized what the predatory dinosaur was doing and answered her own question, "I-it's taking the body back to its own territory, like a lion does…"

Then, the dust plume that the tyrannosaur walked to cleared, revealing five more Tyrannosaurus rex, the large male's pack/family. The pack consists of two males, and three females, the largest of the five was the giant male's mate and the mother of the other four tyrannosaurs. The female and her eldest son walked over to the carcass and helped the male drag it away, to their 'dinner table'. As the Tyrannosaurus pack leaves with their stolen prize, the Allosaurus pack cautiously walked over to the severed head and tail of their stolen prey, and the mangled corpse of their deceased pack member. Some of the predators sniffed their fallen comrade, while a few others bitterly fight over what was left of their prey.

Fluttershy said to her friends, "Maybe they are going to morn for their fallen family member…they seemed to be loyal to their families…"
As hopeful as the pegasus was, everyone's (minus the raptors) blood pressure dropped when they witnessed what happened next…

The alpha allosaur bit and clawed aggressively at his fellow pack members, asserting his dominance and proceeded to eat the body of their dead member. They had, unfortunately, spent too much energy fighting the dragon and switched from predators, to scavengers that fight over the pieces of meat that remained. While further down the street, the ponies looked on in horror as the giant Tyrannosaurus ripped a huge, meaty chunk from the dragon's body, making sickening noises as the bones cracked with the Cretaceous super-predators' powerful jaws. The raptors looked on hungrily, the smell of carrion was too alluring to the swift predators, but they knew they don't stand a chance against the Allosaurus, and knew (especially Red-Claw) that it would be suicide to try and steal from the Tyrannosaurus pack. They reluctantly agreed to leave with the ponies, not wanting to get spotted by the predatory dinosaurs.

One of the guards silently galloped to the Mane Six and the raptors and said to Twilight, "Uh, your highness? We've rounded up any stragglers in the city, I believe you all should leave with everybody else, the city is overrun with these dinosaurs, and the danger present makes this city a quarantine zone, u-until further notice, of course."
The ponies agreed as they, the raptors, and any remaining Manehattenites, boarded the last train out of the city.

The firepony blew the train's whistle, which the engineer smacked him on the head as he said,
"Are you freakin' crazy?! We need to get this train out of the city, QUIETLY…Are you trying to alert those monsters of where we are stupid-head?!"
The firepony rubbed his head and answered, "Ah-yuck, no sir. I wasn't. I forgot sir."

He chuckled in a cartoon-ish way as the engineer slapped his hoof over his face and quietly said to himself, "I 'ought to throw you off the train and feed you to those flesh-eating monsters for that goof up. So close to me finding pleasure doing so, I hate this rookie…"

The train started and quietly chuffed out of Manehatten, but not before the bull Tyrannosaurus turned his fearsome gaze in the direction of that painfully loud sound (the whistle), and spotted the train go over the bridge out of Manehatten. The super-predator crushed the dismembered arm of his prize, two pieces dropping to the ground with mighty thuds, as very tiny dinosaurs, Compsognathus, viciously tear pieces off, before the two twin, teenaged, female tyrannosaurs chase the tiny pests away.
Their father growled like a purring cat, his large eyes never leaving the escaping train, and primal instincts were telling his, by dinosaur standards, advanced brain a message he decided to obey; tail the shiny thing quicker than the Ornithomimus that scurry throughout his old home, millions of years ago…

The train chuffed away to its destination, Canterlot, as the Mane Six try to grasp what they had witnessed about forty-five minutes ago. Though Fluttershy was always interested in the workings of nature, she was terrified at the sheer brutality the Tyrannosaurus gave to that dragon, and was horrified when the Allosaurus actually ate their deceased pack member when she thought they were going to morn for it.

Frost looked down at the shuddering Dromeosaurus and asked, "Well Red-Tooth, you seemed to be familiar with that dinosaur, what is it exactly? It looked like that female we saw in that forest with the strange creatures?"

Red-Tooth calmed herself as she answered,
"It is a predator from the land where I was born, they were powerful for every definition of the word. When I was with my own pack, I witnessed a pair of those creatures steal a kill that a rival pack had already killed, they did the same thing that male with those 'buildings' we're at moments ago. Though they are not as smart as us raptors, they were smart enough to strategize and work together to kill any unlucky dinosaur in their path."

Pounce knew of the ferocity of the tyrannosaurs all too well, for the tyrannosaur she feared were the Gorgosaurus.

The Deinonychus said, "Though that might be true, from the look on your face from when you saw that giant, you seemed more fearful than before, what's the deal?"
Red-Tooth took a deep breath as she explained to her pack members and Frank the Bird why she was especially terrified of that Tyrannosaurus bull…

"Wait a minute! What did you say that thing was Twilight?" Rainbow Dash asked her friend.

The alicorn princess closed the book that contained the tyrannosaurs and answered,
"I said it was called Tyrannosaurus rex, Rainbow. Apparently, those dinosaurs were the most advanced predators of their entire race, especially since these books say Tyrannosaurus was one of the very last dinosaurs to have existed. That means we have attracted the attention of a beast that even dragons now fear above all else, this is even graver considering that there is a pack of them with the sharpest senses among all dinosaurs!"

Rarity chimed in, "Though I agree that those, Tyrannosaurus, are certainly a brutish and violent monstrosities of dinosaurs…I admit, that extra large one had such brilliant and vibrant patterns, I never knew those colors can mix so well and I always thought they would clash."

Pinkie was shuddering in a corner, from excitement that she got to see the 'King of the Dinosaurs', and also in fear, for the fact that bull was not terrified of that gigantic dragon, and made it scream in pain.

Fluttershy asked Twilight, "Um, Twilight? Is the name Tyrannosaurus have to do something with royalty or something?"
Twilight sighed and replied, "I think this is best heard by Princess Celestia, she'll want to hear about that behemoth we saw…"

The train blew its whistle loud and proud, causing a herd of massive herbivores called Lambeosaurus, to look in the direction of the train, their eyes followed the metal locomotive until it disappeared into a tunnel, and the hadrosaurs continued grazing afterwards.

The Buck Tyrannosaurus, his mate, and their offspring continued following the railroad the train was on earlier, the male using his finely tuned senses to pick up what direction the train went when the predators found a fork where the railroad goes into two different directions. One leads to Ponyville, while the other traverses up a mountain range, where Canterlot resides. The eldest hatchling, a sub-adult male, roared in pain as he lifted his right foot off the rails, the metal was searing hot from the train applying its brakes earlier. The buck looked behind, he held his snout low to the metal rails, not touching them, but feeling the heat and smelling a scent that made the mighty tyrannosaur jerk his head high in the air. His sharp eyes saw the very thing they were looking for up high in the mountains, the train heading for Canterlot. The tyrannosaur purred like a tiger, ready to pounce on a pig, as he motioned his family to follow the rails that lead to the mountains…

After the train stopped at Canterlot Station about two hours ago, Twilight, her friends, and the raptors headed for Princess Celestia's Castle, where the Princess of the Sun had just called out a World Summit for the leaders of the nations, to be held in Ponyville six days from now. After half an hour, Twilight and the others were told to wait in a meeting room that held the Summits previous times before, then only two minutes later, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Peck the Triceratops entered the room.

The Mane Six said, "Princess Celestia! Princess Luna!"
Twilight hugged her former mentor, as Celestia said, "I've just received the report of what happened in Manehatten…I'm just glad you are all safe after all that chaos…"

The white alicorn looked down in sorrow as she continued, "I just wish I could have done something about it, to prevent that dragon, and those carnivorous dinosaurs…Until further notice, I have ordered a quarantine around the borders of the city, no pony is allowed anywhere near the city, not even you."

She stopped and noticed something was wrong with the ponies that represent the Elements of Harmony, she noticed the slight signs that they were shaken up by something.

Celestia was about to ask, but Luna beat her to the punch, "Twilight Sparkle, what is the matter? You and your friends seemed like you have seen a ghost…"

Twilight answered, "I guess we might as well have, the dinosaurs that entered the city were a different species of Allosaurus, but what was terrifying, was that the dragon that attacked the city, it was deliberately attacked by the Allosaurus."

Celestia and Luna had sweat on their brows after hearing that.
Twilight continued, "But, the fight between the dragon and, what I counted as, ten Allosaurus, the battle attracted the attention of a much larger theropod dinosaur, one I really hoped was not here in Equestria…"

The purple alicorn took a deep breath, and finished, "…It is a species of tyrannosaur, like that Tarbosaurus that was in the Everfree, but it was a more dangerous species called, Tyrannosaurus rex."

The Princess of Friendship pulled out one of the notebooks that contained the family of tyrannosaurs, and opened it to the Tyrannosaurus, whose picture was an almost perfect match to the Buck Tyrannosaurus, who Pinkie decided to call Omega. The two royal sisters quivered a little when they saw the pictures of the alpha predator, most were of the adults of the species, eating a carcass or killing other dinosaurs.

Luna said to Twilight, "W-well? Explain this monstrosity…"

Twilight cleared her throat as she read the mystery author's notes,
"Tyrannosaurus, name means in Latin; Tyrant Lizard. Undeniably the most famous and popular of all dinosaurs, it is pretty easy to see why it captured the attention of so many dinosaur enthusiasts and children worldwide, myself included. Tyrannosaurus, the very name sends shivers down the spines of all who know it, and its shortened nickname, T. rex, just rolls off the tongue like a soup. These creatures were first discovered and described in 1906 by Henry Fairfield Osborn, who proclaimed it to have been the largest and most terrifying animal the world has ever seen. In 1990, a team found a fossil of an individual Tyrannosaurus that they named Sue, it was the largest and most complete fossil of Tyrannosaurus discovered, and it provided scientists with a better understanding of the species in general. Because of around fifty fossils scientists have found, and I have proven for them, an average adult Tyrannosaurus can grow to be thirteen feet tall at the hips and be forty two feet long. However, my firsthand experiences can confirm that these predators can grow to be even larger if they live long enough, to possibly surpass Spinosaurus in size. The small two-fingered arms, despite appearing weak, are actually extremely sturdy and strong, strong enough to carry a lion, a horse, or even a cow. I have found that the arms were not used for hunting, mostly, they were used in mating rituals among the species, sexually tickling each other to calm the other down. Their massive heads housed the most powerful tools any predator might have or want, the sharpest nose, eyes, and ears of any other animal. Their mighty jaws have anchored deep in the skull, around sixty, thick, steak-knife sized teeth, to virtually crush the bones of any poor creature unfortunate enough to get caught. The jaws are backed by huge muscles, giving Tyrannosaurus one of the most powerful bites in the animal kingdom, only surpassed by a select few. The force they exert equates to nearly twenty thousand pounds per square inch, or in simpler terms, ten tons of pressure…"

Rainbow remarked, "Yeesh! Why in the heck would anything need a bite THAT powerful! Seems way over the top if you ask me…"

Twilight shrugged and continued reading,
"The eyesight of these amazing dinosaurs is, for a better term, unrivaled in the animal kingdom, they can see amazingly well in color, to a degree where, I couldn't confirm unfortunately, they can see colors that virtually are nonexistent to other creatures eyes. Pop-culture often stated that if you stand perfectly still, a T. rex cannot see you, I can guarantee and confirm with scientists, that doing so will make it easy for a Tyrannosaurus to capture you in its jaws. Their eyes enable them to see up to ten-to-sixteen miles away, the tyrannosaur's eyes can also be used to see in dimly lit or pitch black areas, making it easy for them to see their surroundings in a crystal clear clarity. The teeth are anywhere from four to nine inches long with the roots, lined along the teeth are tiny serrations called denticles. Between these serrations, are immensely tiny pockets that lodge tiny pieces of meat and blood, which rots over time. This creates a kind of biological weapon scientists call a 'sceptic bite', meaning that if a bite inflicted by a T. rex gets infected, it will slowly kill the victim, like a poison. The Tyrannosaurus has pads on its feet which are sensitive to low frequency tremors, this allows it to track large animals as their footsteps create tremors that a T. rex can pinpoint where the tremors are coming from. The ears are especially sensitive, any high frequency sound will be incredibly painful to these animals, this allows Tyrannosaurus to listen for any creature in distress, it would then track the distressed animal and kill it. Despite their aggressive and violent behavior, the Tyrannosaurus are some of the most caring and protective parents among animals, a mother will fiercely guard its hatchlings, even at times, from the father of her brood. Like crocodiles and alligators, a pair of T. rex will often carry their young in their mouths to protect them from many of the small predators that would kill a baby Tyrannosaurus the moment they spot it."

Everyone warmed up and smiled at that, and the sketches of newborn Tyrannosaurus, which were incredibly adorable and were covered in fluff, like a newborn duckling.

Twilight continued, "Every creature has its weakness, even the mighty Tyrannosaurus rex, and the Achilles heel for it is what makes it stand out, its anatomy. Tyrannosaurus is balanced on two legs, like a seesaw, so if it trips, its massive weight will crush its rib cage and kill it. Tyrannosaurus lived in North America during the Late Cretaceous, from seventy to sixty-five million years B.C.E. These creatures lived in open prairies near forests and volcanic vents, sharing the environment with numerous others, like Edmontosaurus, Alamosaurus, Dromeosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Triceratops, one of the few dinosaurs that can fight a T. rex to the death."

The ponies got confidence that this creature wasn't invincible, but Pinkie exclaimed, "Wait a second! Dromeosaurus? Triceratops? One of those raptors is a Dromeosaurus right? And isn't Peck a Triceratops?"

Everyone gasped and then turned their gaze to the Dromeosaurus, who was grooming herself, then turned to Peck as he snorted in aggression at Frost, who was hissing at the immature Triceratops.

Celestia said, "I am sure that Peck will grow up and be a perfect defense against these 'Tyrannosaurus rex' creatures…"

"Your highness!" a guard shouted.
Another one exclaimed, "There's a problem! Six carnivorous dinosaurs have been spotted along the mountain railroads leading to the city! They're heading for Canterlot!"

Celestia ordered, "Have the guards put up a barrier around Canterlot, order the citizens to evacuate, I fear those dinosaurs are a really dangerous species."

Outside the walls of Camterlot, flocks of Gallimimus flee in panic as the Tyrannosaurus pack follows the railroad to the great city. The predators gazed at the city, the bright colors were too much for their brains to process, since colors send signals to the brains of these creatures, a flurry of messages that gave them headaches. The large male walked to the large gate into Canterlot, and was greeted by what felt like a wall and zapped his snout. He reeled his massive skull back and saw a magic barrier surrounding the city, not liking such a surprise, the Tyrannosaurus charges at the barrier, and shattered it with ease with his tremendous strength. The barrier broke like glass and collapsed, then the six tyrannosaurs walked into the city, drawn by the smell of prey.

The Mane Six, and the Princesses watched as the magic barrier was broken with ease as they headed for the station, and disappeared into particles.

Celestia was gobsmacked as she uttered, "N-no…so soon…and it shattered so easily, that barrier would hold of a dragon, and it broke with ease? What kind of power do these creatures have?"
"The kind that will mean certain doom if we don't get out of here, post haste…" Rarity said, as the others nodded in agreement.

Then, a familiar stench wafted in the air, the ponies gagged and coughed at the horrific stink, they first noticed that Peck and the raptors felt panicked as well as all kinds of small animals, but that was when it clicked in the minds of the Mane Six, they smelt this before. They all felt the ground tremble and a puddle vibrating along with the tremors, then, the tremors stopped. The ponies and dinosaurs gulped, then slowly turn around, and their panic levels skyrocketed in their minds at what they saw…

They saw the adult female Tyrannosaurus, looking right at them, with a guard pony in her massive jaws. The guard was already dead, as the corpse limped lifelessly and blood dripped from the Tyrannosaurus' 7 inch long fangs and the rear legs of the guard pony. The female sniffed at the ponies and dinosaurs, frozen in fear of her presence. She recognized the scent of a Dromeosaurus (Red-Tooth), and an immature Triceratops, the scent of her species' natural enemy made her growl with malicious intent.

But, it was Spike's scent that she became more 'blood-thirsty', the scent of a young dragon kicked in her advanced brain and a thought formed in the super-predator's mind. She saw an image of a fully-grown Spike fighting and stealing her family's meals, then another where Spike killed her offspring and her mate, who now looked at her with a killer's intent in his reptilian eyes. Though Spike would certainly not do any of that, the mother tyrannosaur didn't know that fact that Spike was more kind-hearted than other dragons. She knew in her instinct driven mind, that if she let the baby dragon grow up, he could become a threat to her offspring, and be competition for territory.

Her mind screamed, KILL! KILL! KILL THE FIRE-BREATHING LIZARD! NOW!!!
The tyrannosaur crushed the dead pony in her jaws, the force making sickening sounds as the bones broke, and then she dropped the dead guard, and bellowed ferociously at her intended target, Spike. Rainbow shouted, "RUN!!!" Everyone ran away as fast as their legs could carry them, as the forty-foot long carnivore gave chase. Her primal bellow alerted her family of a young dragon she is in pursuit of, they immediately zeroed in…

The ponies had never been given such a fright before, as four tyrannosaurs were chasing them down, crashing through buildings like they were nothing. The infant Tyrannosaurus followed the path of destruction his mother and siblings left, squeaking with delight that he was a part of his family's hunt for a baby dragon they want to kill. The ponies, Spike, and the dinosaurs with them spotted the gate to the walls of Canterlot, but found themselves cut off by the massive male (who is now known as Omega), who snarled and bared his powerful teeth at them, and the other tyrannosaurs had cornered them all. The raptors hissed at their bigger and more powerful pursuers, and Peck tries in a futile effort to make himself threatening.

Spike was terrified, more than anyone else, as he said to his friends, "I-I'm terrified, guys…I got a horrible feeling that these T. rexes were really after me…"
Twilight hugged he number one assistant and said, "I'm just as terrified as you, Spike…"

The others agreed, and hugged each other tightly, as the predators closed in…

However, they opened their eyes when they heard thousands of animals and dinosaurs roar and screech in a panic, and completely ran past the Tyrannosaurus pack, along with some of the ponies of Canterlot who thought they should follow them. Celestia and Luna assumed they were fleeing because of the Tyrannosaurus, but realized, they were panicking about something else, something more terrifying than the mightiest carnivores of the dinosaur race. Peck and the raptors suddenly went from snarling bluffers, to trembling cowards in a second. The buck Tyrannosaurus looked up in the air, like he was sensing something, this alone made the other tyrannosaurs look at their leader, along with the ponies.

Omega felt something beneath his tremendous feet, his highly sensitive ears heard low rumbling noises that sounded both far away and very near at the same time. The feeling was eerily familiar to the massive dinosaur, to confirm his concerns, he sniffed the air, he quickly identified a scent that even he feared. His eyes popped wide open when he knew what was going on, and roared at his family to flee the mountains. The other tyrannosaurs sniffed the air and realized why their mate/father was so terrified, and proceeded to do what he told them. The mother lowered her head and opened her jaws, the infant climbed inside as the mother raised her head and fled with her family.

This made the ponies extremely nervous, what kind of creature could terrify animals that bravely and successfully kill dragons…?

Applejack said as she shuddered, "Guys…? I've got a really bad feelin' about this…"
Rainbow said, "Y-yeah, I really don't want to run into whatever can make those guys run away…"

They stopped as they felt vibrations in the soil beneath their hooves, the raptor pack and Peck started to screech and bellow with fright, they know what is coming, and they feel a tremendous urge to run away. Twilight was puzzled, until she heard a rumbling sound, then she connected the dots when she realized these vibrations were a warning, that something far worse is coming.

She told everyone, "Girls, I know why the Tyrannosaurus fled, and we need to get out of Canterlot. Get off these mountains…far, far away!"

Everyone now understand when they saw the dinosaurs with them make a B-line for the gate and then a consistent tremor shook beneath them. They followed the dinosaurs out of the city, as fast as their hooves will carry them…

For Canterlot, is going to be destroyed…

By a massive, ground-shredding earthquake…

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Oh…****! An earthquake?! That's even worse than a pack of snarling Tyrannosaurus…

I hope this gets your hype meters on overdrive…And as for why Tyrannosaurus was in a pack, scientists agreed that large predators, like Tyrannosaurus or Giganotosaurus, often hunted in packs. Plus, what sounds much more frightening?; (feel free to tell me your answer)
Being cornered by a lone Tyrannosaurus…?
Or…
Being cornered by a pack of Tyrannosaurus…?

Not a lot of dinosaurs in this chapter, but I can tell you that I have plans for the one dinosaur a Tyrannosaurus avoids at all costs: the Ankylosaurus, only mentioned so far…
Compsognathus
Lambeosaurus
Gallimimus
And a number of small dinosaurs I forgot (or didn't bother) to describe

Any theories on what is going to happen next? Let me know in the comments below, for next time…
It will be, Chapter 13: The Dinosaur Initiative…

You know the drill by now…

Until next time…
Hold on to your hooves…
Cause this is going to get crazy…