• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,298 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,298

PreviousChapters Next
The Other Crusaders

////
The Other Crusaders
////

Alex thought to himself. Should he have gone to that Cutie Mark sleepover at the castle? It seems like it would have been a bunch of fun.

Of course, he was a fully grown dude, and that would have made things… weird.

Why would it have been weird?

“Alex?” Dash asked into his neck, being cuddled deeply into it, as they both lay in her bed, “What’cha thinkin’ about?”

Well… He was already having sleepovers with somepony else…

“Just the girls, and how they went to Canterlot Castle for their sleepover,” Alex explained, “I’ll bet they’re raising hell.”

“For sure!” Dash laughed, looking up at him, “I’ll bet the place is on fire as we speak.”

“It sounds like it would have been fun,” Alex laughed.

“More fun than being here with me?” Dash asked, giving a pouty face.

“Well… I think it would have been a bit of—Eep!” Alex silenced.

She gave him a wicked smile.

“You’re much more fun!” Alex laughed nervously, “You’re much more fun.”

“Then let’s have some!” She smiled.

////

“I feel like I should have gone with them,” Spike said, as he helped Rarity with the massive shipment of gold silk she had received suddenly, “It sounded like it would have been fun!”

“Now Spike, you know that I have no quarrels with spending time with my sister, and her friends,” Rarity explained, “But as a gentlecolt, you need to pick which mares you need to spend your time with.”

“Huh?” Spike asked, levitating the final roll into its place, “What do you mean?”

“Spike, I’m your marefriend,” Rarity said decisively, “Don’t you think that you need to be… Spending more time with me?”

Spike cocked his head.

“I mean… you always seem so eager to get away from me…” She said, rather insecurely.

Spike’s head went into overdrive. This wasn’t a good thing to hear!

“Come on Rarity!” Spike said, knowing full well that he had been somewhat preoccupied to spend time with her, “You’re worrying about nothing!”

Rarity knew this was the truth. She knew that Spike cared for her, and wouldn’t have done a thing to hurt her. But… as confidant as she often was… She was new to the whole relationship game, and was scared of it at times.

“Look, why don’t we go out and do something?” Spike asked.

“Spike, it’s almost midnight,” Rarity said, “I believe you… You don’t need to prove anything.”

“Nonsense!” Spike said, “We’re going out, or are you turning me down?”

Rarity smiled, she liked that he would try so hard, “Well… where are you going to take me?”

“That’s a surprise,” Spike winked.

“Alright…” Rarity smiled, “Let’s go, Spikey.”

////

Alex panted, as he fell back on the bed below him.

“Nice use of your wings…” Dash panted from beside him, “I’m impressed.”

“Well… Since I can use them now…” Alex laughed through his deep breaths.

“I have so much energy!” Dash said suddenly sitting up, “Let’s go do something!”

“Like what?” Alex asked, almost passing out himself, “It’s almost midnight.”

“I don’t know!” Dash argued, “You’re the man! Think of something.”

“That’s sexist!” Alex argued, “You just want to be lazy!”

“After all the work I just did, I deserve to be lazy,” Dash laughed at him.

Alex rolled his eyes, “Uh… I know a place we could fly over to.”

“How far is it, and will anypony see me?” Dash asked, “I’m a total mess right now.”

“Don’t worry,” Alex reassured, “It’s midnight, and the place is pretty secluded.”

“Alright,” Dash agreed, “If anypony sees me like this though, you’re dead.”

Alex rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah.”

////

“How much further, Spike?” Rarity asked, “I was hoping to be home before sunrise.”

“You’ll be fine… We’re just about there,” Spike reassured, as the two followed the narrow path up the side of a mountain just outside of town, “And if you get tired, I’ll carry you back.”

Rarity liked the sound of that.

“Here it is!” Spike announced, as they finally reached the end of the path.

“Oh, Spike…” Rarity said, awestruck at the view they had before them.

They could clearly see Ponyville in front of them, and all the dim lights that still illuminated it. Beyond the town, was the sprawling Everfree Forest, completely illuminated by the full moon. Then, as a cherry on the top of the sundae, there was the sky. It was completely stunning. From this angle, it looked like Ponyville had an entire galaxy hanging above it. Needless to say, Spike had just scored some points with her.

“You like it?” Spike asked, knowing full well that she loved it.

“H-how did you ever find this place?” Rarity asked.

“Alex and I just… found it!” Spike laughed nervously.

Rarity knew that there was more to the story, but didn’t particularly care. All she cared about was this moment, as she softly laid her head on his shoulder.

Spike smiled happily, the truth was that Alex had actually MADE this place. He had been out testing his new wings yesterday, when he came across this view. But, since the mountain had no path to this point, only pegasi could see it. So, he did the only sensible thing. He carved out a path with some kind of magic laser.

Then, when he finished, he grabbed Spike, and said: “Spike! If you bring Rarity here, you’ll get mad tail!”

Of course, Spike had no idea what ‘mad tail’ meant, but it much have been a positive thing. After all, Rarity was obviously pretty happy right now.

“Spike,” Rarity whispered, as she took her head off his shoulder.

Spike looked to her.

She kissed him.

////

“I promise,” Alex said, “This is gonna be so nice, you’ll love me for it.”

As the two walked rounded the last corner to the viewpoint, they were surprised to see Spike and Rarity engaged in a very sweet kiss.

“Aww!” Dash smiled, loving the cuteness of the two.

There was no tongue… There was no pony-petting… Just a sweet, simple kiss.

The two watched silently, before looking to each other, and realizing something. Both Dash and Alex were a complete sight. Their manes were a mess. Their coats were matted down in a few places. They were really…

“Trashy…” Dash said.

“We are SO trashy,” Alex agreed, “Look at them!”

“They’re clean… totally not feeling each other up…” Dash listed.

“They’re so innocent!” Alex sighed.

“Geez…” Dash said, “We could really learn some things from them… Maybe tart acting a bit more like them.”

“But… that would mean… no more…” Alex said, looking directly at her.

“I’m pretty happy with trashy, actually,” Dash said.

“I’m totally fine with it,” Alex agreed.

“Let go back to my place,” Dash said, “Show me this tomorrow.”

“Hell yeah,” Alex nodded, “Where’s the fun in innocent?”

////

Rarity pulled back from the kiss and beamed, “Thank you, Spike.”

“Huh…?” Spike asked, coming back to Equestria, after his trip to heaven, “For what?”

“For taking care of me like this…” She smiled earnestly, “I know I can be… difficult sometimes.”

“That’s what’s great about you,” Spike smiled sweetly, “This difficulty will only make me strive to be a better coltfriend.”

“Wouldn’t it be easier with somepony else?” She asked, wanting just a bit more reassurance.

“Maybe,” Spike said, seeing her frown sadly at the answer, “But that pony wouldn’t be you… The pony I truly love.”

Did he just say what she thought he said?

“Spike…” Rarity said, her demeanor now one that confused and worried him.

“I-I’m sorry!” Spike said quickly, “It’s too early to be saying—“

“Shh…” She said, pressing her hoof to his lips, “I love you too Spike.”

They shared another kiss. And this one was just a tiny bit… Trashy-ier than their previous one had been.

////

PreviousChapters Next