• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,303 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,303

PreviousChapters Next
Stopover

////
Stopover
////

The bullet train finally pulled in to the Canterlot station, marking the end of the remarkably arduous journey that had all been faced with. Princess Celestia and Luna were quick to dismiss themselves toward the castle, citing work that needed to be caught up on from the previous couple of days.

Everypony else took their time unloading, and spent a lot more time conversing between each other.

“Twily!” Shining called, rushing over to his sister, embracing her just a little too hard.

“C-can’t… breathe!” She choked through his massive hug.

“Heh, sorry,” Shining laughed, letting go of her, smiling as she took a deep breath in, “I’m just glad you weren’t hurt.”

“We would have been all hurt quite a bit if she hadn’t been there,” Alpha said, stepping next to her as Shining Armor gave him a light glare.

“Well, she is very powerful,” Shining said back with a little more force than he had intended, “Anypony who crosses her will be in a world of pain.”

“Okay okay, Shining,” Twilight said, seeing her over-protective brother coming out of the captain even more, “Thank you for being concerned for me. It means a lot.”

Shining Armor only grumbled as Cadence made her way over to the stallion and laid her head on his shoulder.

“Why don’t we give them a few minutes to get their baggage?” Cadence asked, “We can catch up with her after they’re all settled.”

“Settled?” Applejack asked, walking forward with her saddle bags on her back, “Ah’ thought we’d be headin’ back to Ponyville.”

“Arrangements have been made for all of you to stay here for the night,” Shining said, cocking an eyebrow as he looked at the confused group, “Didn’t Celestia tell you?”

“Nnnnnno?” Alex said over the ponies in the front.

“The two of them were pretty stressed out,” Spike said, joining them at the entrance to the terminal, “Probably forgot to say.”

“Well, that’s just fine with me,” Rarity said from the train, levitating her fifteen bags out from the side compartment, and on to Spike’s back, causing his legs to almost buckle underneath him, “I’d love to have myself yet another royal bath. The one at the changeling castle is nice, but they don’t have the massage jets.”

“Ah’ wouldn’t mind that mah’self.” Applejack added.

“You can count me in too!” Pinkie called, jumping over Alpha to the font of the group.

“Why don’t we all go to the royal spa together?” Trixie suggested, liking the sound of the idea herself, “I heard Celestia has some hot springs hidden away somewhere near the castle.”

“Oh, she does,” Shining Armor nodded, “They’re kept a pretty tight secret around here though, I’ll need to ask Celestia before I let you guys in there.”

“She can’t trust the Elements of Harmony?” Alex asked, scoffing softly as he stepped closer to Dash.

“Well, she would, but after somepony leaked Celestia’s slight cake obsession, she’s decided to have everything even semi-secret be run by her before it’s divulged.” Shining said, eyeing Pinkie as everypony looked to her with confusion.

“I said I was sorry!” She giggled, “And it’s not my fault Roseluck overhead me talking about it!”

“Don’t worry about it, Pinkie.” Cadence said with a smile, calming the tension in the group instantly with her warm voice and soft gestures, “Let’s get you all settled, so you can catch up on your sleep. I’m sure all of you are quite tired after the last couple days.”

“You can say that again,” Dash laughed, jabbing Alex to follow her as she walked forward, “Mind if I head to my old quarters?”

“They’re just as you left them,” Shining said, smiling again to her and Alex, “Mess of reports and all.”

“It wouldn’t feel like home without ‘em,” Dash laughed, walking past the newlyweds with Alex in tow, “Don’t bother us. We’re going to be… busy!”

“We didn’t need to know that!” Applejack called, as everypony laughed along.

Walking away from the group, Alex gave his marefriend an odd look.

“…Kinda weird to show off the fact that we’re… well, you know… don’t you think?” Alex asked, grimacing slightly.

“Are you kidding me?” She laughed, clearly three steps ahead of him, “If everypony thinks we’re banging, then they won’t bother us while we catch up on our sleep.”

“Everypony is going to sleep though,” Alex said, looking over his shoulder to the group that was starting to follow behind them.

“Nope.” She said, pointing with her wing to Rarity, “That mare is going to be pestering to go to the hot springs the second we all finish unpacking.”

“Well, you’re smarter than me,” Alex laughed, not even thinking about arguing with her, “I’m more than happy to sleep for the next two days.”

////

“Celestia gave the okay for all of you to go to the hot springs.” Shining said, poking his head in to the common room where most of the ponies had gathered after settling down in their rooms, “This spell will teleport you there.”

Shining levitated a scroll over to his sister and landed it on the table she was sitting behind.

“Is it far away?” Twilight asked, unraveling the scroll and looking it over.

“Well, in a sense, we’re right on top of it,” Shining said, pointing at the floor, “It’s about a couple hundred feet under the crystal mines. “

“Really?” Alpha asked, “I should have marched all the prisoners down there when I pretended to take over Canterlot!”

The room was so silent after his joke, that the crickets didn’t dare make a noise.

“Right.” Shining said, “Anyway, enjoy yourselves. I’ve got a honeymoon to get on with!”

“Oh, I totally forgot about that!” Twilight said, jumping up and running over to her brother, “I’m so sorry you were held up by us!”

“It’s fine,” He replied, mussing with her mane, “Besides, it’s not like you could’ve helped being trapped in a giant black bubble.”

“I know, it’s just that—“

“Twilight, it was out of our hooves!” Rarity said, standing up and levitating a basket of various soaps and creams up on to the table, “Now, why don’t we head down to the hot springs?”

“How’d ah’ know you were gonna bring that up?” Applejack rolled her eyes, kicking back on a couch not far from the main table, “We should rest a little first.”

“We’re only here for a night!” Rarity argued, “I’d much rather relax in the bath, and then rest for the night.”

“I wouldn’t mind it either…” Fluttershy said almost inaudibly.

“See?” Rarity asked, to AJ, “Even Fluttershy wants to go.”

“I’d like to relax for a few hours in some hot water myself,” Alpha added, joining Twilight near her brother.

Shining was glaring at the changeling once again.

“Okay!” Twilight said happily, “Does everypony have what they need?”

“Oh! I should really get my pool noodle from my bag! Does anypony else want one?” Pinkie asked to nopony in particular.

“Ah’m fine,” Applejack said to both Pinkie and Twilight.

“Umm… I’d like to grab a few things…” Fluttershy said, standing up and darting toward her room, “I’ll be right back!”

“Uh, do horses need anything special?” Chet asked.

“Na,” Spike shook his head, “You’ll be fine with nothing.”

“You know, last time I followed you advice, I got stuck in that crazy world,” Chet said, pointing at Spike as best he could, considering he lacked fingers.

“But you ended up saving Chrysalis’s boyfriend,” Spike argued, “You should really be thanking me!”

Chet only grumbled in response.

“I’ve got everything I need right here,” Alpha said cheesily, wrapping an arm around Twilight’s shoulders, and pulling her close to him.

Shining Armor’s glare quickly turned to a scowl.

Alpha then leaned in and whispered in Twilight’s ear, eliciting a giggle from the mare.

“I’m coming too!” Shining blurted out, as the two looked at him oddly, in regards to his awkward outburst, “I- I could use a good bath! I’ve never been down there myself anyway!”

“Okay…” Twilight said slowly, “I’ll grab a few things myself from my room, then I’ll take us all down there.”

“Alright.” Both Alpha and Shining said at the same time to her, both wearing big smiles.

However, as soon as she turned the corner, both faced one another, staring daggers at each other.

“I’ve got my eye on you,” Shining said to the changeling.

“Your sister can do whatever she likes.” Alpha said back.

“Sure she can,” the white stallion retorted, “But you can bet she won’t be all warm and cozy with you if I’m only a few feet away.”

No more words were exchanged between the two, but it was clear that the next few hours were going to be interesting for everypony involved.

PreviousChapters Next