• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,181 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,181

PreviousChapters Next
Prelude to Chaos

////
Prelude to Chaos
////

“Princess!” Shining Armor shouted, bursting through the doors to the throne room, startling Celestia as she stood up from her throne, “I just got news from our scout outside the Hive, and something’s gone terribly wrong!”

“What did he say?” Celestia asked, having expected something like this to happen, “Have the troops mobilized within the city?”

“No,” he shook his head, “Some kind of bubble of magic has completely encompassed the hive.”

“Is that some kind of new technology they’ve been working on?” Celestia asked, as she began walking toward the door, intent on waking Luna up, “Could we have missed that?”

“I don’t think so, that kind of stuff is way beyond anything they have access to.” Shining Armor said, matching her pace as they exited the room, “Whatever caused it came from the same area of the castle as the Council chambers.”

“Does our scout have any more information? Perhaps on its formation?” She asked, looking over her shoulder as she asked, before looking back in front of her.

“Yes!” He nodded quickly, “He described it as a pair of black beams shooting out from the castle, and twisting together high in the sky. Afterward, they arced back down, and exploded in to a massive bubble.”

“Hmm…” Celestia said, having no recollection of such an event in the past, “I think we should go ask Dis—“

“Discord?” A voice finished for her, as the serpent-like creature fell through the solid roof above them, “I suppose you two are talking about the disturbance I just felt!”

“Yes we are,” Shining nodded, as the chaotic creature smiled, “Do you know anything about it?”

“I do, but you won’t like what I have to say,” Discord said, as the two ponies in front of him exchanged worried looks.

“What is it?” Celestia asked.

“Well, as I’m sure you’re aware, when your friend Rarity went through her chaotic transformation, she spent a great deal of time within her own head.” Discord said, as they both nodded along with him, “This world of chaos within her mind, that literally contained millions of… let’s say biomes.”

“Biomes?” Shining asked, tilting his head as the draconequus continued.

“Places constructed within ones’ mind, that represent a certain side of themselves.” He said, only confusing his students more as he spoke, “Happiness may be represented by a house, with a warm fireplace, while anger would be shown as a burning forest. You pick an emotion, or a memory, and that place can exist.”

“I’m afraid I don’t understand,” Celestia shook her head, “what does Rarity’s transformation have anything to do with this?”

“Well, you see…” Discord said, folding his claw and paw together, “Instead of just one Element of Harmony’s dark side being unleashed, it appears that two have happened at the same time.”

Both Shining and Celestia went wide eyed at the terrible timing for such an event to take place.

“And with two of them combining their power, they’ve managed to turn that mindscape Rarity was trapped in, in to a real, physical place.” He said, shaking his head and exhaling, “I’d wager that every pony within the castle is currently wandering within the minds of the two Elements of Harmony.”

“Do you know who they are?” Celestia asked, worried that Twilight may have finally fallen victim to her dark side.

“I’m afraid I don’t know,” Discord shook his head, “However, if we go to the Hive, I might be able to figure something else out to help them.”

“I’m surprised to see you so eager to help,” Shining laughed, as Discord shrugged and smiled.

“It’s rare for me to experience new things these days,” He said, chuckling as he floated down the hall, “Just call me when you’re ready to depart, your majesty!”

And with that, Discord was gone.

Celestia sighed heavily as she looked to Shining Armor.

“Don’t worry, Princess.” He said comfortingly, “They’ve beaten three of those chaotic sides before, they’ll be just fine handling two.”

“You’re right,” Celestia nodded, “We should still make our way to the hive immediately. Any support we can provide will increase our chances of success.”

“I’ll pack my things immediately,” Shining said, laughing to himself as he walked away from the princess, “It looks like the honeymoon will have to wait a little longer.”

////

Author's Note:

Coming up next:

OTR: Darkness Zone!

I'm very excited about this one.

If anyone would like a little hint at the content, go ahead and look at my newest blog if you haven't already.

Anyway! I'll try to have this done soon! But it's going to be another long chapter, so it'll take a little bit!

PreviousChapters Next