• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 6,078 Views, 123 Comments

Bad Sonata! - Majin Syeekoh



Unearthed memories push Sonata over the edge.

  • ...
33
 123
 6,078

For Realzies

Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk were standing outside of Donut Joe’s after their resounding defeat at the Battle of the Bands. They had dashed off to the park for a couple of hours until things cooled down, when Sonata suggested they get some donuts. Having nothing better to do, they agreed.

Sonata was positively vibrating with excitement. “Can I get a pumpkin spice donut, Adagio? Can I can I can I can I?”

Adagio, hand on her hip, nodded. “Yes, Sonata, you can get a pumpkin spice donut.”

“Yes!” Sonata said. She then looked at Adagio with a goofy grin on her face. “Can I get two?”

“Yes, Sonata, you can get two—”

“—can I get three?”

Adagio smacked her forehead. “Okay, now you’re pushing it.”

“Alright,” Sonata said as she somewhat calmed down.

Aria looked in through the window. “Uh, we might not want to go in there right now…”

“Why not?” Adagio asked as she turned her head to face Aria.

“Look inside.”

Adagio peered in the window and her heart caught in her throat. Inside, Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle were enjoying some light-hearted conversation. Adagio held a hand to her chest, inhaled deeply, and put on her biggest shit-eating grin.

“Don’t worry, girls. Don’t bother them and they won’t bother us,” she said as she walked towards the door, the other girls following nervously.

Adagio opened the door and was instantly blasted by the smell of baked goods and the sound of shitty pop music. Adagio, flanked by her friends, walked over to the counter unassumingly and—

“—hey! What are you doing here!”

Adagio turned to head to the source of the voice, which appeared to be a rather miffed Twilight Sparkle. Sunset Shimmer was frowning as well as she bit into and chewed some monstrosity that had both bacon and chicken in it.

Adagio giggled nervously, her friends cowering behind her. “We, heh heh, we just wanted to get some donuts. Is there a law against that?”

Twilight glared at the three of them as she sipped on her iced coffee. “No, but there’s a law against brainwashing the entire student body.”

“Hmm, really,” Adagio said as she clasped her hands together, “then why isn’t Sunset Shimmer in prison?”

Sunset Shimmer shrank into her chair as she took another bite. Twilight Sparkle tapped on her chin. “I suppose it really isn’t. But you should at least apologize for what you did!”

Adagio raised an eyebrow.

Really? An apology? That’s it?

Adagio smiled coldly as she took a small bow. “We apologize for mind-controlling the entire student body.”

Aria bowed slightly as well, while Sonata just stood there. “Really? We’re sorry?” Sonata asked. “But isn’t that what we meant t—oof!

Adagio glared at Sonata after elbowing her in the ribs. “Yes, Sonata, we may have meant to at one point, but we’re very sorry for our actions. Isn’t that right?

Sonata stared at Adagio, then back at Sunset and Twilight. Everyone present could almost see the gears turning in her head as it finally hit her and her eyes widened. “Oh, right! Yeah, we’re totes sorry!”

Adagio pursed her lips together as Sunset and Twilight looked them over, Twilight finally smiled. “Alright, I accept your apology.”

Sunset glared at Twilight as she took another bite of her sandwich. “You sure? That didn’t seem sincere…”

Twilight put a hand on Sunset’s shoulder. “Foal steps, Sunset. Foal steps.” Twilight looked back to the three Dazzlings. “Why don’t you come sit with us?”

The three Dazzlings exchanged nervous looks, then looked back at Twilight and Sunset.

“Sure, why not?” Adagio said as she sashayed over to the booth and took a seat, Sonata flouncing behind her and sitting down as well. Aria was about to take a seat when Adagio handed her her wallet. “Aria, would you be a dear and buy me a jelly donut?”

“And two pumpkin spice for me!” Sonata said.

Aria groaned. “Whatever,” she said as she walked to the counter.

Adagio clasped her hands together and smiled widely. “So, what were you girls talking about before we walked in?”

“We were talking about what happened to the original Sunset Shimmer,” Twilight said.

Sonata’s eyes popped open.

“Oh, really?” Adagio asked.

“I don’t see what the big deal is,” Sunset said as she bit into her sandwich again.

Twilight turned to face Sunset. “No, it is a big deal. You had a family and an entire life set up for you when you came through the portal. Don’t you find that a little strange?”

“I don’t know, I guess I just lucked out.”

Sonata hyperventilated in her seat.

Adagio leaned in. “What do you mean… lucked out? You don’t just luck out like that. There had to be an original Sunset Shimmer for there to be a family.”

“That’s what I said, Adagio,” Twilight said.

“Whatever,” Sunset said, “my parents’ daughter went missing a week before I went through the portal. If anything, it was a blessing that I showed up when I did.”

Twilight frowned. “How callous can you be? Somewhere out there is a scared teenager, homeless, or even worse—”

At this point Sonata shrieked and bolted into the bathroom, the three girls at the table staring.

Sunset took another bite of her sandwich and chewed slowly, savoring the taste of the delicious meat. “What just happened?”

Adagio giggled as she stood up. “I don’t know, I guess Sonata’s having another stupid attack. I’ll go check on her,” she said as she sauntered to the bathroom and entered.

“I don’t trust them,” Sunset Shimmer said, “it’s something about how she walks.”

Twilight pressed her eyes shut. “Please, I could say the same thing about you and your strange obsession with meat. How could you as an Equestrian eat another living being?”

“Because it’s tasty,” Sunset said as she took the last bite of her sandwich, “and it isn’t sapient.”

Twilight sighed. “I guess. I really do have a lot to learn about the human world.”

Aria walked up holding a bag and a cup of coffee, staring at the table devoid of her friends. “Where are Adagio and Sonata?”

“Stupid attack,” Twilight and Sunset said simultaneously.

Aria grunted as she took a seat and sipped on her coffee. “Well, that explains it,” she said as she pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. “Sonata is just the worst. By the way, you girls mind if I smoke?”

Sunset waved a hand. “Sure, go ahead.”

“Thanks,” Aria said as she lit her cigarette, inhaled, and exhaled a large puff of smoke. Twilight’s jaw dropped.

“But… but that’s bad for you!” Twilight said.

Aria rolled her eyes. “Please. I’ve been smoking longer than either of you have been alive.”


Sonata shook and cried as Adagio held her close, tears streaming down her face as she tried to bury it in Adagio's shoulder. She kept whispering, "I didn't mean to," over and over.

“Shh, shh, it’s okay,” Adagio said, rubbing Sonata’s back. “Just tell me what happened.”

Sonata snorted some snot back into her nose. “W-well, you remember that time when I locked myself in my room for two weeks?”

“Yes, what happened?”

“W-well, you know how I like to have sex with random people, right?”

Adagio hugged Sonata tightly. “Get to the point, Sonata.”

“Well, one time… I invited her in.”

“What?” Adagio said as her eyes popped open.

“Y-yeah. We went into my room, and she told me she was so excited to be having her first sexual experience at fifteen. I said no way hosay, and then she threatened that she would cry rape if I didn’t fuck her, and, and—”

“—and what?”

Sonata’s lower lip quivered. “I… I… I tortured, killed and ate her!

All sound was sucked from the room as Adagio could only hear those words being repeated in her mind. She let go of Sonata and backed away, while her mouth hung open. Her words were trapped in her throat, but she finally forced them out. "You what?"

“Or maybe I tortured, ate and killed her,” Sonata said, sniffling. “I don’t really remember the exact order of events—only that a lot of torturing, killing and eating happened.” Sonata wrapped her arms around her sides as she cried. “I really am the worst.”

Adagio closed her eyes as she slowly pinched the bridge of her nose. “Sonata, what am I going to do with you?”

What did you expect me to do? She was going to cry rape and have me sent to prison for life!” Sonata screamed. “For! Life!

Adagio held out a hand to shush Sonata. “Look, Sonata, you can’t undo what you did.”

“Life’s a really long time for us,” Sonata quavered.

“Yes, I know, and that’s why I turn away anybody that doesn’t have identification.” Adagio looked at Sonata. “What brought this up now?

“Well,” Sonata said as she licked at the tears rolling down her face, “I guess I just pushed it out of my memory. And then when they started talking about the original Sunset Shimmer, it all just came up.”

Adagio sighed and walked towards Sonata, who shied away. Sonata’s face screwed up when Adagio hugged her.

“W-what? Y-you don’t hate me?” Sonata said as she sniffed.

Adagio smiled. “Sonata, I could never hate you. You and Aria are all I’ve had for the past Celestia-knows-how-long we’ve been here. I led the two of you on a fool’s errand that led to us losing our powers.”

“But you didn’t torture, kill, and eat anybody.”

“No, I didn’t, and I’m very disappointed in you for doing that.” Adagio then pulled away and grasped Sonata’s shoulders in her hands. “But we’re going to be together for a very long time.” Adagio giggled. “Who knows, one of us might even commit an even worse atrocity in the future, and I’d want you to forgive me or Aria for that.”

Sonata grunted. “But you called what I did an atrocity.”

“Sonata, I’m not going to lie to you. That was an atrocity of the highest caliber.”

“Oh. But you forgive me?”

Adagio nodded, at which Sonata threw herself into Adagio’s arms and gripped her tightly. “Thanks, Adagio.”

“No problem, Sonata.”


“...so yeah, Adagio’s a tattoo artist, Sonata does telemarketing, and I fix computers,” Aria said as she took a long puff of her dwindling cigarette and blew out a thick cloud of smoke, Twilight wrinkling her nose at the acrid stench.

“That’s rather interesting,” Sunset said. “Could you look at my laptop sometime? I think I did something to it.”

Aria shrugged. “Whatever.”

At that point Adagio and Sonata walked out of the bathroom and took a seat with Twilight, Sunset, and Aria.

“So, how was today’s stupid attack?” Aria asked.

“It wasn’t so much a stupid attack as a… crisis of conscience,” Adagio said.

Twilight gave a knowing smile to Sunset while Aria raised an eyebrow at Adagio. “Really?” Aria asked.

“I’ll tell you later,” Adagio said.

“Whatever,” Aria said as she took another drag of her cigarette and sipped on her coffee.

“See?” Twilight said, “I knew they’d come around!

“I’m still not sold,” Sunset said.

Adagio unwrapped the bag, pulled out a pumpkin spice donut, and handed it to Sonata, who nibbled on it.

“Thanks, Adagio,” Sonata said, “you're the best.”

Adagio smiled warmly. “No problem, Sonata.”

Comments ( 122 )

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one that hasn't seen Equestria Girls 2?

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179338 I watched it this past Saturday on Discovery Family. I kind of get where you're coming from.

5179346 yeah plus YouTube is my only place I can watch it so yeah

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179348 Bluh. That sucks.

5179351 yeah, I've seen the first 40 minutes and that's it

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179354 Just the first 40 mins? How did that come to pass?

Cute and wtf hell. Dont ask Sonata for a blow job any time soonn.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179446 That is a legitimate response to this.

I'm glad that the cute came through.

I can't upvote this, sorry. I won't downvote it, but I can't upvote it. I just don't agree with the notion of Sonata doing something like that.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179467 That is your prerogative and I respect that.:pinkiesmile:

“W-well, you know how I like to have sex with random people, right?”

That escalated qui

Sonata’s lower lip quivered. “I… I… I tortured, killed and ate her!

ckly.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179592 :rainbowlaugh:

Indeed it did, pear. Indeed it did.

Ummm.... What?

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179656 Trust me, I'm as lost as you.

The fic idea started as "I Don't Think You're Ready For This Jelly" and was about Adagio splattering herself with a jelly donut.

I have no idea how I got to this point from there.

That was... Hmm. Little weird to say the least

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179670 Weird doesn't even begin to describe it.

The concept sure is weird. The idea of murder comes without warning. Overall, I don't really think Twilight and Sunset would ever talk to those three sirens but I suppose you tried to make it work. Decent work. 6/10.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179730 Thanks. I appreciate your review.

i think theres a saying for this..but does it work..Doesnt Matter Had Sex.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179887 She technically never had sex with her... so, not really, no.

5179896 huh..so how does it go from: Agreeing to sex under duress>Torturing>Killing>Eating..and not exactly in that order...

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179910 She never agreed to the sex.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179910 She just went straight to the last three.

5179915 well then. that clears any misconceptions i had. and makes me even more wary of her.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179927 You should be wary of her.

She's evil.

. . . . . . . . .

Well, it's better than Angel Bunny, Foal Toucher.

(This has become my standard for judging these sort of fics, and to some degree, my way of reassuring myself about not having any sort of content rules in Short Stories. "At least it's not Angel Bunny, Foal Toucher.")

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5179977 Thanks, I guess?

I wasn't aware that I had created a rubric for judging fics.

5179982 Actually, if I can expand on that . . . I feel like this ought to have a Mature rating, even though it's not explicit. Every fic that comes to mind as a comparison is rated Mature, even the totally silly ones. I read this because I saw the Teen tag and thought it couldn't be that bad, even if it was Dark.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5180000 No, I completely understand.

I'm shocked that this passed with a Teen rating. I'm guessing it was because I didn't go into explicit detail.

Hmm. I feel bad about downvoting without explaining why, so here goes. There are a lot of, shall we say, surprising elements in this. Any one of them would be fine--even all of them would be fine in a longer story. But there are so many of them in such a short space of words with so little acknowledgement that they're surprising, that they end up reading as surprise for the sake of surprise. Shock porn or something.

I thought it was overall good, but the revelation was a bit too sudden. There was no lead up or hint to it and it just came out of nowhere. Sure, there was the dilemma that original Sunset was missing, but the details of something that shocking should come in little bits and pieces before hitting us with the result. Liked, but no favorite for those reasons.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5180074
5180131

That's fine. I was trying something new with this fic. I always try to do something new with each of my recent fics, and this seem to have fallen somewhat flat with both of you for the reasons stated.

Thank you for letting me know.:pinkiesmile:

Huh. So Sonata's a telemarketer, Adagio is a tattoo artist, and Aria fixings computers? Fits pretty well.

The revelation of where these three work felt a bit rushed. Had no real lead up. And just tossed out there without much thought. It's almost like Aria was just casual about the whole thing. Hmm.

Have a like in any case. By the way, isn't Sunset eating bacon, like, cannibalism? Or does it not count because her hair just grows back more bacon? :rainbowhuh:

Well, I think that's touched on everything relevant to the story. Everything seemed pretty spot on normal, far as EQG 2 Dazzlings go. :ajsmug:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5180219 Yeah, I thought those three jobs would fit pretty well.

And Aria's way calmer after she's had her coffee and cigarette. You'd be surprised how much those could loosen someone up.

And as for Sunset's unhealthy obsession with meat... well, I have this headcanon that once Sunset tried meat for the first time in the human world, she instantly fell in love with it, because hey, meat's fucking awesome. Amirite?


Thanks, by the way. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to catch the je ne sais quois of the Dazzlings.

I'll give you a like because this is well written. But holy mother of something, that came right out of left field there.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5180662 Thanks, dude.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5180707 YES!

BEST COMMENT!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

5180709
And I haven't even read the story yet! :V

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5180712 Oh, you're in for a wild ride, then!

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

5180717
After you hyped it to me last night, I can't pass it up. :B

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5180718 I suppose that's true.:twilightblush:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5180787 Indeed they have, Maud.

Indeed... they... have.

Wow...when you said dark, you meant dark, didn't you?

Um...I'm getting an unpleasant vibe from Sunset in this story. She's totally unconcerned about the fate of the girl she replaced and enjoying the meat just a little too much. Is she a more sinister character here than in canon? I agree with Twilight, that was callous.

Hey...torture, murder, and cannibalism are one thing, but SMOKING??? How DARE you??? (And indoors, at that!)

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5181178 Yeah, it's a darkfic.

I suppose my interpretation of Sunset is slightly off-canon. I like to think she tries really hard not to think about it and pushes it out of her mind with said callousness.

And yeah, smoking indoors is a thing in some states. I still remember the Chinese buffet where smoking was allowed indoors. I jumped all over that shit like white on rice.

Now...when Sonata says eat...does she mean literally eats her as in ...cannibalism :twilightoops:

Login or register to comment