• Published 27th Oct 2014
  • 867 Views, 4 Comments

The Electric Medley - Fandom Trash Snivy



Sassaflash works together with her five friends Medley, Dizzy Twister, Cloud Kicker, Cloudchaser, and Flitter in an effort to clear their names after the Cloudsdale Weather Factory electricity division's machines are stolen by somepony else.

  • ...
2
 4
 867

Another Normal Day

It was just another normal day for Sassaflash. Some ponies called her "Sassy Sassaflash". She had been known to sass ponies, but that was all in the past now. Now, in the present, Sassaflash has a job at the Cloudsdale Weather Factory. She worked in the electric division of the factory, producing electricity for Equestria from the energy of lightning bolts. She had gotten pretty high in the world of work, and is now the Electricity Production Supervisor. She earns 45 bits a day, too.

Sassaflash had just gotten out of bed.

"Oh no! I'm going to be late for work!" she shouted.

Sassaflash had no time to waste. She got up out of bed, and put on her uniform; it consisted of a navy blue shirt and a cool yellow skirt. On the shirt was the engraving of a lightning bolt, and under the symbol were the letters "EPS" to represent her job. Today was a big day; Equestria needs more power than ever now. The Grand Galloping Gala was two months away, and the latter event was known to use a lot of lights. Lights require electricity, and electricity is produced in the Cloudsdale Weather Factory.

"Hopefully I'll be able to create enough power to supply Equestria for the rest of the year," Sassaflash told herself.

Suddenly, she remembered the other reason today was such a big day: there were new employees today. About twenty new faces were going to show up at the Cloudsdale Weather Factory, and five of those newbies were going to start working at the electric division. It was Sassaflash's job to hold a tour today for the new employees of the division and explain the same history of the division she's told over twenty times. New employees always started their first day on the job on a Friday. She had to make a good first impression on the newbies today.


As Sassaflash arrived at the Cloudsdale Weather Factory, she already saw some ponies she didn't recognize at all. First things first, I need to figure out who will be in the electric division. Sassaflash thought. She walked over to a sky blue pegasus mare with auburn eyes and a sleek, red mane.

"Um, excuse me," Sassaflash asked the pegasus. "I'm the Electricity Production Supervisor for the electric division of the Cloudsdale Weather Factory. What division are you working in?"

"The cloud division," the pegasus replied with a flat voice. She walked away to the cloud division building soon afterwards.

Sassaflash knew she had to get her group together in order to start producing electricity for the day. Finally, she found a small group of six pegasi clustered near the electric division building.

"Oh my gosh! It's Sassaflash!" a mint green pegasus mare with cyan eyes and a turquoise mane shouted.

"I'm guessing that all of you are my tour group," Sassaflash spoke to the pegasi.

"It wasn't too hard to find everypony who was new to working in the electric division," a brown pegasus stallion with orange eyes and a blonde mane told the latter Electricity Production Supervisor.

"Alright, everypony! This must be our tour group. Let's take some time to introduce ourselves. I'm Sassaflash, the Electricity Production Supervisor of the electric division of the Cloudsdale Weather Factory," Sassaflash spoke with a professional-sounding voice.

The mint green pegasus mare replied: "I'm Tea Leaf. My friends just call me TL."

The brown pegasus stallion replied: "Grand Gruff."

A yellow pegasus mare with pink eyes and a forsythia mane replied: "Carnation."

The three remaining pegasus mares, the first one orange, the second one lime green, and the third one espresso, each with the same auburn eyes and ponytailed, cream manes shouted: "Citrus, Limelight Lime, and Decaffie!" in unison.

"All right, everypony!" Sassaflash shouted in glee. "Let's go inside the building!"

The small group of seven pegasi (including Sassaflash herself) went inside the building. To the Electricity Production Supervisor herself, she was used to these surroundings. To the new employees, however, these surroundings were entirely new and astonishing. A tube in the ceiling looped down into a machine with vacant space inside.

"Welcome to the electric division of the Cloudsdale Weather Factory, the place you will work for this day forward! I'm Sassaflash, as I introduced earlier."

Tea Leaf raised her hoof to say something, but was quickly interrupted by the tour guide Sassaflash.

"You are probably wondering what this machine is. This machine is where all of the energy from the lightning bolts go. But, I'm afraid that we'll have to get to that later. There is more to collecting electricity than just simply dumping it in a machine."

"Aww, feathers!" Citrus, Limelight Lime, and Decaffie shouted in unison.

"I think it is kind of creepy that you three always speak at the same time. Can't you speak from your own mind for once?" Grand Gruff asked the three latter ponies.

"They could just be very close friends," Carnation replied. "You can't criticize them for that."

The seven pegasi walked to the area where there were the uniforms the employees of the electric division had to wear. They resembled Sassaflash's uniform, however, each uniform had a different, unique abbreviation under the lightning bolt insignia.

"Have any of you noticed how the abbreviations on each top of each uniform change as you look down each row?"

The six pegasi both nodded up and down.

"These abbreviations all represent your initial role in your workplace. 'JWP' for Junior Worker Pony, 'LP' for Leader Pony, and finally, 'EPS' for Electricity Production Supervisor. Any questions yet?"

Tea Leaf's hoof immediately shot up in the air. Her wings were flapping wildly in the air.

"Ooh! Ooh! Does this mean you are our boss?"

Sassaflash cleared her throat and opened her mouth to answer Tea Leaf's question.

"Yes, TL. I am your boss, but each supervisor of each and every division in the Cloudsdale Weather Factory has one, superior boss: Cumulo Nimbus."

Tea Leaf's hoof shot up in the air again.

"Ooh! What are all of the different divisions?"

Sassaflash quietly growled at the latter mint green pegasus.

"There's the cloud division, whom their respective 'CS' (Cloud Supervisor)s are Cloudchaser and Flitter. They are two of my friends. There's the tornado division. Their 'TPS' (Tornado Production Supervisor) is Dizzy Twister. She's also one of my great friends. There's the sun division, also. Their 'SS' (Sunlight Supervisor) is Cloud Kicker. She's on good terms with me. Lastly, there is the rain division. Their 'RPS' (Rain Production Supervisor) is Medley. She is also one of my many friends."

"Why do you have so many friends that work at each of the divisions at the Cloudsdale Weather Factory, Sassaflash?" Carnation asked.

"All of us live in Ponyville, and all of us wanted to work somewhere here. Now, let's get on with the tour."

Sassaflash's tour group continued until they stopped at a row of small machines that looked like they were meant to be worn like saddles. A medium-size tube was protruding out of a hole on the side of the machine.

"Now, these are the machines that we use to collect the electric power of the lightning bolts. These machines were meant to be worn like saddles, as you can see. This machine, called the Zappertron 4000, acts like a vacuum. The cloud division will buck storm clouds over to you. If you see one or more lightning bolts come out of a cloud, you fly over to it. You turn on your Zappertron 4000, and it will suck them right up! When you think you've collected enough lightning bolts, fly up near the electric division building. Turn your Zappertron 4000 to reverse vacuum, take it off, and turn it upside down. Make sure you plug in the tube from the machine to the deposit tube! I can not stress this enough! Many of my workers have made this mistake before and it really messes up their manes! Literally!"

A silence that seemed to empower the building took place.

"Uh, alright..." quietly spoke Grand Gruff.

"Any questions? No? Okay, let's continue to back where we came from!"

The tour group finally made it back around to the large container with the tube protruding out of the top of it. Everypony's mouths opened wide again, looking very astonished. Sassaflash seemed very proud of this moment. They all seem just fine, she thought to herself.

"Okay! Now it is about time when I tell all of you the origin story of the electric division of the Cloudsdale Weather Factory!"

"Ooh! Yay!" Tea Leaf happily spoke while bouncing in place.

Sassaflash cleared her throat and began to speak to her tour group...


A long time ago, light could only be created from the magic of unicorns. Every town and city had unicorn vendors who would use their magic to create light inside a jar. To keep the light from escaping, they would put a lid on top of the jar, creating a dim, yet bright, soft glow.

One unicorn vendor one day named Spark decided he finally had enough. He resided in Canterlot who would sell lights to ponies for a living. He set out one stormy day to discover something called "electricity". Only Star Swirl the Bearded attempted to discover electricity, and he failed every time he tried.

Luckily, Spark succeeded in his mission to find electricity. He drained the power of a single, spiraling lightning bolt inside a jar to create electricity. After this discovery, news caught on to Cloudsdale. When the boss of a very small Cloudsdale Weather Factory (whom at the time was Cloudy Sky) caught wind of this news, an electric division was added to the factory alongside the cloud, tornado, sun, and rain divisions.


"Wow! I never knew that a unicorn discovered electricity!" a surprised Tea Leaf spoke.

Sassaflash looked at her astonished and excited new employees. Just the thought of them made her heart leap in joy.

"Now everypony, are you ready to get to work?"

All of the new employees responded with a hearty "Yeah!"