• Published 22nd Oct 2014
  • 5,626 Views, 268 Comments

Prophecy of the Six - Earlier Than Expected - Wolfram Alpha



"Six will rise, but one will fall. Evil returns to rule them all. If his actions do not desist, then this land shall cease to exist." - Unknown

  • ...
21
 268
 5,626

First Impressions

Author's Note:

Sup guys, I'm back with another chapter! Also I wanna say thanks to bioskyrim and Symyon for helping me with my little predicament. As usual, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Oh, and I don't own anything. PLEASE DON'T SUE ME.

Also in this:
"normaltext" = talking
"italictext" = thinking

“Striking fear into all he encountered
While wielding the wrath of a crumbling planet.
Equally vicious and strong,
His blade sharpened by battle.
He fearlessly cut through enemy forces,
Instilling hope in an entire race.
Marked by the skull scratched into his helmet,
He was the last his enemies ever saw of this world.
In recognition of this, his warrior's spirit,
We honor him as the merciless wrath of Noble.”

-The Monument to Noble Team


"Ughh... are we there yet?" Rarity complained for the umpteenth time. "My precious hooves can't take much more of this icky muck."

The rainbow maned pegasus groaned in exasperation. She was starting to grow irritated of the fashionista's incessant whining. Actually, scratch that. She was growing tired of the fashionista's incessant "complaining". A few Diamond Dogs already made that mistake, and with her growing headache, more "complaining" from her was the last thing she needed right now.

"Rarity, for the last time, the flash I saw was really far in the Everfree Forest. I already told you it might take us while to get there"

"But-" Rarity started.

"Rarity. We are good friends. And good friends listen to each other, right?" Rainbow asked.

"I... suppose?" Rarity answered in a questioning tone.

Before she can ask Rainbow to elaborate, the cyan pegasus proceeded to inch closer to her.

"Then listen very, very carefully to what I have to say." she demanded.

She inched closer and closer, until she was face to face to Rarity. Rarity shrunk under the hard glare given to her, courtesy of Rainbow Dash. Before she could ask what was her problem, the cyan pegasus muttered out two words, two words nopony has ever said to her before...

"Shut. Up."

Rarity huffed in annoyance, obviously peeved to hear that. Twilight could feel the tension in the air. It was so thick she could cut through it with a knife. She needed to end this if she didn't want animosity between the the two. Twilight walked next to Rarity, who was pouting at the uber-athlete's statement.

"Don't worry Rarity, after all of this blows over, I'll make sure you get the best treatment possible at the spa." Twilight assured.

That seemed to do the trick, as Rarity immediately perked up.

"You'll do that? For me? Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Rarity squealed gleefully before wrapping the lavender alicorn in an almighty bear hug.

"Rarity... can't.... breathe...

Rarity, sensing that her friend is suffocating, pulled back from the hug and rubbed the back of her head sheepishly.

"Erm.. sorry about that dear." Rarity apologized.

Before Twilight could smile and accept her apology, she was rudely interrupted by Rainbow Dash, who tugged at her wings to get her attention.

"Hey Twilight, were here."

The alicorn mare was practically beaming after hearing that.

"That's wonderful! What did you see?" Twilight asked.

The cyan pegasus scratched the back of her head, obviously picking her words carefully before answering.

"Actually Twi... I'm not sure what I saw exactly..." she stated before trailing off.

"What do you mean? What did you see?" Twilight asked again.

Rainbow Dash shook her head. "I said I don't know what it is.. and I'm pretty sure I can't explain it. I think you have to see it for yourselves."

She motioned for Twilight and the others to follow her. Using her hoof, she moved the thick foliage in front of her and showed everypony what was so hard to explain to them. As they looked on, they immediately noticed that the area in front of them was a clearing. But that wasn't all. What piqued their curiosity was that on the other side of clearing, there was a metal object just sitting there. It was large and bulky, and it had wings too. Next to it was a smaller metal object, with wheels and something sitting on its back. Twilight deduced that the latter was some sort of land vehicle, but she was curious of the thing next to it. It was probably a vehicle as well, but it had wings instead of wheels. How was something as big as that supposed to lift off the ground?

"Hey girls! Look at the middle! They're so... shiny." Pinkie exclaimed.

In the center of the clearing, there were three figures. Two of them were colored purple, with sleek heads. The other was colored grey with a hint of red, with a round-ish sort of head. By the looks of it, none of them were moving.

"Whaddaya make of them, Twi?" Applejack questioned.

"I don't know Applejack. They look like a new species to me..." Twilight answered.

"Oh, a new species! That's awesome! Maybe I can throw a party for them when they wake up! "Welcome to Ponyville Recently Discovered New Species!" Yeah, that sounds about right. But wait, what if they're aliens? Ooh, then I can throw them a "Welcome To Ponyville Recently Discovered Aliens!" party! Wait, what if they're aliens AND a new species? That's even better! Then I can-"

"We get it Pinkie." Rarity interrupted the pink party pony. "Besides, I don't think you'll be able to throw a party for them. I think they're..." Rarity paused before looking at the the three. "Dead."

"What made yah say that Rares?" the farmer pony replied sarcastically. "Was it the fact that one's filled with holes, the other's got a knife sticking out its neck, and the third one ain't movin', or was it something ah missed?"

Twilight rolled her eyes at the farmer's sarcasm. But by the looks of it, she was right. Twilight confirmed Applejack's observations to the others. The first one literally had holes, mostly around the chest area. The second had an intimidatingly large knife sticking out of its neck. The third didn't even look like it was breathing, much less moving. The group grimaced at the sight before them.

"Twilight, I think it's best if we go back. Maybe send a letter to Princess Celestia perhaps?" Rarity suggested.

Twilight nodded in confirmation. "You're right. C'mon girls, let's head back."

The group began their leave. Fluttershy was the last one to move, still looking at the clearing. She was about to turn to leave, until something caught her eye. She gasped at the sight, her eyes widening in fear. The group noticed the absence of one member, and looked back at where they came. They saw Fluttershy, still staring at the clearing.

"C'mon Flutters! What are you waiting for?!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

No answer.

"Um, Fluttershy?" Twilight called out.

Still no answer.

Twilight picked up on her friend's lack of response and trotted up next to her. She waved a hoof in front of her to capture her attention, but to no avail.

"Fluttershy? What's wrong?" Twilight asked, concerned for the wellbeing of the animal caretaker.

The timid yellow mare, looking like she saw a ghost, held up a shaking hoof and pointed at the clearing.

"I th-think the gray one just moved."


Darkness.

That was all Emile saw. He was floating aimlessly in darkness. Nothing was in sight for miles.

Was this death? Was he to spend an eternity here, with nothing but himself and his thoughts to keep himself company? Was there anyone else here? And most importantly...

Does this spell the end of Emile's Covenant ass-kicking spree?

These questions, however, will have to wait for later. As Emile pondered at his own questions, he spotted something. A minuscule point of light was shining in the distance, earning Emile's curiosity. It was like looking at a lone star in the middle of the night. Emile cocked his head sideways, wondering how that light came to be. But then, the light began to grow brighter.

And brighter.

And brighter.

The light grew so much that Emile had to turn away, as even his visor couldn't block the resulting glare. It was like staring into the sun, face-to-face. As the light began to envelop his body, he felt a surge of energy wash over him. His senses went hyperactive, his heartbeat fast and erratic. So much energy was in him, traveling through his veins, surging in and out of his heart. He felt like he had the power of a god. Emile would've liked this feeling. To feel like the sun, ever-so radiant and powerful. Yes, Emile would've, no, should've liked this feeling.

If it wasn't so excruciatingly painful.

As powerful as he felt, it was like drowning in a vat of acid. Every fiber of his body felt like it was melting away. There was too much power. He couldn't handle it. It was too painful.

"Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop..." Emile droned on in his head. Never before had he felt so much pain.

"Someone make it stop, please..." he kept pleading, hoping that someone, anyone, could hear him and get him out of this hellhole.

The pain multiplied tenfold, adding to Emile's dismay. His eyes began to water, his head felt like it was about to explode. He was practically paralyzed in pain. All hope of stopping it vanished. With nothing left to do, Emile took a deep breath...

And nothing happened.

Emile slowly opened his eyes, and saw that he was floating in darkness once again. Not a single ray of light in sight. He exhaled, relieved that the pain had stopped.

"That ...was fucking intense..." Emile thought. He replayed the events in his head, before chuckling to himself.

"Oh my God, I was going to scream. Good Lord, I was going to actually scr-"

A bright, white flash appeared before he could finish that thought.


Darkness.

That was all Emile saw. Complete darkness. But this was a different darkness. This wasn't the "floating in darkness" type of darkness. It was the "my eyes are closed and I can't see" type of darkness.

Emile slowly opened his eyes, not really knowing what to expect if he opened them. The first thing he saw was the sky. The blue sky, complete with a noon sun and rolling clouds. A gentle breeze was blowing, he could feel it blowing through him. Emile took in a deep breath, immediately noticing that his nostrils were invaded by a surprisingly pleasant smell. It didn't smell like burnt glass. It didn't smell like burnt flesh. Hell, nothing smelt burnt. This was a first for the SPARTAN, considering his line of work had him work closely with weapons that spit out fire and metal. With blue skies, warm temperature, cool breeze and pleasant smell, it was a relaxing day out. He exhaled, before thinking to himself.

"Fuck... my head hurts."

Emile twitched his fingers, not knowing if he can still move, before groggily sitting up. He felt strangely fatigued. With tired eyes, he surveyed the area around him. He was in a clearing, that much he could guess, but where was he? Wasn't he back in Reach, where his final act of defiance was yelling at a couple of corpses? The even bigger question however, wasn't he supposed to be dead? Emile examined himself, looking for any sign that he was hurt. But he found none. Not a single blemish in his armor. Not even a dent. Emile further surveyed his surroundings, before is eyes fell at the two figures in front of him. It was the two Elite Zealots who tried to, no, succeeded in killing him. Emile instinctively reached for his knife, before realizing it wasn't there. He looked around before he found it...

...lodged in the neck of the Elite to his right.

Emile was confused at first, until he replayed the recent events in his head. He smiled. Yes, the Elites had managed to kill him, but with the cost of themselves. If the SPARTAN was going to go down, then he'll be damned if he didn't bring his enemies down with him.

Wait a second...

He just said the Elites succeeded in killing him. Yet the SPARTAN was still here, alive and kicking, and they're dead. That means...

The Elites didn't win. He did.

He won.

Emile busted an ear-to-ear grin, before slowly getting on one knee.

"You... you think you're so fucking great. All high and mighty in your little throne, trying to kill us, one by one..." Emile chuckled before standing up. He looked at both corpses, and in an instant, his giggly demeanor was replaced with with an angry scowl. He approached the nearest corpse and gave it an almighty kick to the side, sending the body flying a few meters away from him.

"Well guess what motherfuckers..." he snarled, before picking the other corpse up by the neck. He angrily glared at it, pushing his visor to its lifeless face.

"YOU. DIDN'T. KILL. ME!" he roared, tossing its limp body next to the other corpse.

"I'M STILL ALIVE YOU SONS OF BITCHES. I'M STILL ALIVE! AHAHAHAHAHA!" he yelled out, a maniacal laughter escaping his lips. He kept laughing until his knees gave out under him. Replaying the past events in his head, Emile's booming cackle slowly turned into a small chuckle, and then breaking down into a quiet sob. This was so unlike the Emile everyone knew. He was supposed to be the battle-hardened merciless wrath of Noble Team. Whenever Emile had to deal with emotions, he would either mask them with humor or he would channel it into anger, utilizing it as a weapon. But after the events of Reach, he felt like he had nothing. His team, his friends, gone. Just like that. And at that moment, he wasn't humorous of his predicament or even angry at the Covenant.

All he felt was an ache in his heart and warm water running down his face.

As the SPARTAN wallowed in self-pity, Emile noticed something. Call it gut-feeling, but Emile could tell something was wrong. He looked at his motion sensor, paying attention to anything it can pick up.

The motion sensor was a standard for every SPARTAN, and with it it can pick up either friendly allies, which will show on the radar as yellow dots, or it can pick up enemies, such as the Covenant, and they would show up as red dots. However, when the suit's systems pick up movement that belong to neither friend nor foe and cannot decide which is which, they will ultimately show up on the sensor as grey dots. From there it is up to the SPARTAN to decide whether they are friend or foe. Emile eyed his motion sensor, paying very close attention to it. He might've just been imagining things, as he himself was questioning his mental stability after his breakdown. He was about to ignore it, until the motion sensor picked up something. He looked at it and saw...

...three grey dots, moving slowly towards him from behind.

Emile slowly turned around, being careful not to startle whatever was sneaking up behind him. He expected whatever it was, it was probably some civilians, or it could be the natural fauna looking for a bite to eat. It was probably the latter. As Emile turned a full one-hundred and eighty degrees, to say he was baffled was an understatement.

In front of him were what looked like three wolves, but what confused him the most was that they were composed entirely out of wood. A foul smell entered his nose, and Emile realized he was smelling their breathe.

"I swear to God if I'm just fuckin' hallucinating right now..." Emile thought to himself.

As the wolves continued to approach him, Emile assessed his situation.

"Alright, I'm in an unknown location and currently facing wooden wolves. I've got no help, no means of communication and worst of all..." he paused.

No. Weapons.

"This is so fuckin' great..." Emile inwardly groaned, before coming to a realization.

"Wait, my kukri!" he smiled at the thought, before groaning again. The knife was still in the Elite's neck, just painstakingly a few meters away. He also noticed a Pelican and a Warthog at the edge of the clearing. How he missed that the whole time, he didn't know.

"Way to go Emile..." he scolded himself for his stupidity. This was exactly the reason why Kat was the intelligence specialist.

The wolves began to circle the SPARTAN, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Emile readied a battle stance, ready to defend himself from any harm. The first wolf, in an attempt to surprise his prey and to help its pack members bring their very-soon-to-be food down, went in to bite its arm from behind. It clearly underestimated what the SPARTAN was capable of. Emile sidestepped inhumanely quickly and punched the wolf in the back of its neck, the wolf dropping faster than a sack of potatoes. It attempted to get back up, but Emile held it down and proceeded to brutally punch its face to the ground, each punch harder than the last. After Emile stopped, the wolf's face was hardly recognizable. The wolf's green eyes began to flicker before dimming out, the wolf's body collapsing into a pile of wood.

"Interesting..." Emile thought, before turning to the other two.

"So, who's next?" Emile asked with a cocky demeanor.

The other two wolves looked at each other doubtfully, before turning to the SPARTAN. They can't take this thing down alone. If they were going to bring it down, they needed to work together. At the same time, they both pounced at him, their fangs bared, ready to bite down at their prey.

Big mistake.

Emile both caught them by the neck mid-pounce. The wolves squirmed under his grip in an attempt to escape, but he was too strong. Emile simply smiled at them.

"You think you could kill little ol' me?" he asked rhetorically. "Well then, Mr and Mrs Wolf, I guess that you two deserve exactly what's going to happen next."

The two looked confused, until they felt the pressure around their necks growing tighter. They squirmed harder now, thrashing about in a desperate attempt to get away from this monster. Emile watched them, his eyes gleaming in anticipation.

"That's right, loosen the grip, make them think they have a chance, and then..."

SNAP!

That sound echoed throughout the surrounding woods. The eyes of the wolves began to dim, and then their bodies collapsed, leaving a pile of wood at Emile's feet. Emile smiled again.

"Little fuckers think they can kill me?" he thought to himself. "Well, two can play that game."

Emile looked around, half expecting more wolves, but none came. He assessed the situation at hand again.

"Alright, no more hostiles, but still in unknown location with no communications and no weapons, save for one knife." he thought to himself before ripping his kukri out of the Elite's neck and sheathing it at its rightful place.

Hold on...

Emile turned to the Pelican at the edge of the clearing. Every Pelican has an emergency distress beacon, a survival kit and most important of all...

...a weapons rack.

Emile sprinted to it, and hastily opened its back compartment. As it slowly opened, Emile made a plan. If he was going to survive out here, he needs to send out a distress beacon, make a camp, ration all of his items...

Emile didn't get to finish, as he began to gawk at what the Pelican had inside. What he saw made sure that if he was going to die right here, right now...

...he would die a very happy man.

Inside the Pelican was a weapons rack, but it was modified to hold even more weapons than usual, at the cost of space in the back. Emile didn't care however. He was still gawking at the sight before him. Other than being the assault specialist of the group, he was also a bit of a weapons fanatic.

Emile silently thanked whoever blessed him with this gold mine before scolding himself.

"Dammit, Emile. Focus! Gotta send out a distress beacon first."

Emile forced himself to walk past the ever-so enticing M45 Tactical Shotgun E-model, and went to the front seat. He pushed a button on the control panel, held it and recorded a message.

"Mayday, mayday, mayday. This is SPARTAN-A239 of Noble Team requesting immediate evac. Prioritization code sigma zero two dash seven dash echo alpha two three nine."

He let go of the button and the message repeated itself over and over again, showing his beacon was transmitting.

"Alright, now that's in order, gotta clean up my mess if I want to make camp. Don't want to attract more animals with rotting lizard" he added, looking at the Sangheili corpses. The question though, was how was he going to get rid of them? No way he was going to bury them, they don't deserve that. He then looked at the piles of wood, courtesy of the wooden wolves. He could make a campfire with those, he just needed some matc-

The idea hit him. Yes, it would do. He went over to the survival kit and rummaged inside until he found what he was looking for.

"This would do very nicely."



Ten minutes later



Emile has gathered the rest of the wood and placed them all into one pile. Then, he grabbed the dead Elites and threw them on his shoulder. He proceeded to dump them in the pile as well.

"What a fitting way to say goodbye" Emile thought, proud of his brilliance.

He pulled out the matchbox and took out a match. He struck it on the matchbox's side and it caught fire. Before he threw it in though, he looked at the bane of humanity at its lifeless eyes, one last time.

"See you in hell." Emile snarled.

He threw the match in. The leaves at the bottom of the wood pile immediately caught fire. In no time, the small flame turned to a raging inferno, burning the Elites into cinders and ashes. Emile smiled. It was a sight to behold.

As he relished in the fire's warmth, his motion sensor picked up six grey dots behind him. However, they were moving away from Emile, and at a fast rate too.

"Must've been the rest of the pack" Emile thought. "Good, I scared them off."

Emile walked back to the Pelican with a little skip to his step, eager to assess the weapons inside.


Twilight and her friends rushed back to Ponyville as fast as their hooves could carry them. They were all completely terrified of the monster they had seen, Fluttershy even more so than the others. They have been running nonstop, away from the Everfree Forest, away from that...thing. It was already in the afternoon when they all made it back to Twilight's tree house. Exhausted, they all hunched over, panting and heaving.

"Monster... it's a monster..." Rarity murmured between breathes.

"Yeah it's a monster!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "Didn't you see what it did? It obviously killed those purple guys, then it killed those Timberwolves by pulverizing the first and then snapping the other two's necks. And then he used the dead Timberwolves to burn the dead purple guys! And you know what's worse?! It looked like it enjoyed it for Celestia's sake! It could even talk!"

"Rainbow, calm down. We're safe now." Applejack assured. "But still, we need to deal with this properly. What if it find its way to Ponyville? How do we stop it then?"

Twilight tried to suppress her growing headache. There are too any questions going around and not enough answers. She looked over to her friends, who all looked as worried as she was. Well, almost all of them. Fluttershy didn't look like she was worried. She looked downright frightened . Ever since they got into the tree house, the yellow pegasus curled up into a ball, rocked back and forth and refused to come out. Every so often they would hear a small whimper, but that's about it. Twilight walked over to Fluttershy and tapped her very lightly on the head, as to not startle her.

"Fluttershy... are you okay?" Twilight asked.

Fluttershy recoiled at the touch, rocking back and forth even faster now. Upon closer inspection, Twilight could see she was crying. She hated seeing her friend like this. Something needed to be done. Quickly.

"Twilight...*pant*...aren't you going to...*pant*...write a letter...*pant*...to Princess Celestia?" Rarity asked, still panting.

Twilight did not give Rarity's suggestion a second thought. She immediately conjured a piece of paper and a quill, and started to hastily write a letter.

As everypony reflected about the events that transpired, Spike walked in, carrying a bag of gems with him.

"Hey guys! I didn't know you'd all be- woah..." Spike greeted before abruptly stopping. Before him was the Main Six (as he would call Twilight and her friends) in an exhausted and worried state. Rarity looked like she ran a marathon and her mane was a mess. Rainbow Dash was currently throwing a fit, with Applejack trying to calm her down. Fluttershy looked like she was in a state of shock, Twilight was writing a letter, not even bothering with neatness and Pinkie's mane was flat and straight, a frown adorning her face as well. If the party pony's mane was flat and straight, it was a never a good sign.

"Twilight, what's the matter?"

She did not answer.

Spike assessed what was happening before realizing the gravity of the situation. Something must've happened to cause all this. Something bad. As he tried to figure out what's going on, Twilight gave him the letter she just wrote.

"I need you to send this to Princess Celestia immediately."

Spike looked at her, all signs of cheerfulness gone, replaced with a serious face and a grim tone.

Spike looked at the letter, then at her again before nodding his head.

"Consider it done." he said, as he blew his flames at the letter, sending it away.