• Published 21st Oct 2014
  • 971 Views, 12 Comments

Dresses and Love - EllyCoo



Rarity is a famous designer. And she knows she's talented. But her skills aren't infinite, and she needs someone to reassure her.

  • ...
11
 12
 971

Important request

Rarity was flabbergasted. This letter was... no, it must have been a prank. Just some stupid prank from Rainbow Dash. Rarity chuckled to reassure herself but... a voice kept on worrying her: what if it was true? Rarity blinked and took out a scroll:

"Dear 'Princess Celestia',
Rainbow Dash, you big... Don't ever scare me that way. Ever again! Your lousy little prank just got me worried. It wouldn't have worked anyway. I'm pretty sure Twilight didn't send a letter to her anyway. You thought you'll succeed tiring me to death by making me design and sew some official important council and coronation dresses? You're such a fool. - Rarity"

For the first time of her life, she used the spell to send scrolls. There was only Rainbow Dash who could do such a stupid prank! Even if Pinkie was a prankster, she doubted the pink earth pony would shock her that way. Several minutes later, a letter poofed in front of her face. It was from Princess Celestia. Again. Rainbow Dash was insisting. Rarity sighed and rolled her eyes, but opened the letter and levitated it in front of her face.

"Dearest Rarity, my loyal subject and student,
No, it wasn't your friend Rainbow Dash the Loyal who pranked you. I am, in all seriousness, requesting from you two dresses, for my sister and me for future councils, coronations and important events. Of course, if it makes you so nervous, you do not have to do it. It is just a request, we can always ask somepony else. - Your teacher and Princess, Raiser of the Sun and Ruler of Equestria, Celestia."

Now this was to much for Rarity to handle. She fell on the ground and passed out: the official stamp with the symbol of Equestria was there... in the bottom of the scroll. It was like getting an autograph from all the important ponies of her nation! And it was confirmed: she had to design and make dresses for the most important ponies in all ponykind: Celestia and Luna, Sun and Moon raisers, Rulers of Equestria.


A while later, Rarity was in her bed. A purple face with wide green eyes was looking at her, with a worried expression.

"Rarity? Are you okay?", asked the dragon.

"Spikey wikey!", she smiled and gave him a warm hug. "I made a terrifying nightmare: I had to design dresses for the most important princesses of Equestria!"

"Ah'm afraid it wasn't a dream, sugarcube", mumbled an orange pony with a western accent.

"Since you're Applejack... you must be honest... Unless... I..."

The poor unicorn breathed in and out quickly. This was the most stressful request she ever received. An official dress for Celestia and Luna. She couldn't just believe it! Even if she was excited, she was also nervous. Nervicited, like Pinkie would say. Rarity saw a purple Alicorn enter her room.

"Hey, Rarity. Since you'll be needing lots of help for this one, I can lend you my number 1 assistant."

"Spikey Wikey? Oh, I'm sure he'll make me feel a lot better, but I will never make it!"

"You will, Rarity!", exclaimed the dragon, holding her shaking hoof. "You're the best fashionista in Equestria!"

"Ohoho", she chuckled nervously. "You're too sweet."

They stood there for a moment looking at each other, but then Rarity's eyes widened: she had to get to work right away! She put on her red glasses and directly teleported to her room. Spike ran as fast as he could to join her. Twilight and Applejack appeared at the door:

"Welp, good luck, Rarity!", smiled the cowmare.

"Yeah. Don't be to hard on yourself."

Rarity smiled at her caring friends. She was really lucky to have them. Then, at that moment, Sweetie Belle came in and saw Rarity and Spike in the workroom.

"Hey, Rarity! Spike! What are you guys doing?"

"I'm helping Rarity do design some very important dresses! For Princess Celestia and Luna!"

Sweetie Belle approached near Spike, her eyes sparkling.

"That's awesome!"

Rarity rolled her eyes, tapping her hoof nervously on the ground. She pushed Sweetie away from Spike and chased her out the workroom.

"Yes, yes, it is. Now please, we've got some work to do."

She slammed the door and turned back to Spike.

"So, Spikey Wikey. I'm going to firstly design a dress for Celestia.", she muttered, doodling on a piece of paper.

Spike watched her do. Even with a little messy mane, Rarity always looked fabulous. He'd do anything to help her! Even the time she used him as a pincushion... it hurt so much, but he would do anything for her. At first, he just had a crush on her because she was beautiful. But she was also generous, kind, caring, sweet... She was most definitely the most beautiful and nice pony. He always thought she would deserve to be a Princess! Like, the new Princess Platinum. She deserved to be treated as one in the least. Finally, the unicorn scratched her chin, a smile appeared upon her face.

"Hmmm... yes, this is good. Yep! Yep!", she smirked, concentrating more. "A ribbon here... There!"

She showed Spike her design. He nodded, grinning.

"It's wonderful Rarity! You really are an amazing designer!"

She raised her chin, blushing faintly. That dragon really was generous in compliments and nice things! She went next to him and smacked his cheeks. The dragon's face became all read and she could feel the warmth of his blush.

"Oh. Yes, I know, I know... Now let's get to work."

"Yes, Rarity!", Spike cheered, running after her.

Author's Note:

There, I had time to make a second chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. I'll write daily, but I'll have some work.