• Published 20th Oct 2014
  • 828 Views, 4 Comments

The Revenge of Tirek - Matthew Stone



After a fearsome messenger's prediction becomes reality, it'll take the help of some old allies and a NEW one!

  • ...
19
 4
 828

Tails' Decision

Tails was hanging out with TJ, repairing a plane that Sonic has mechanically made for a war general. The foxes are now aged 21, after all the time that has passed. Every now and then when doing his job, Tails looks up at the sky and remembers the world of Equestria he visited.

TJ sometimes looks at his cousins and thinks the same as he does.

They bring their attention back to their project, while Sonic comes up to help them paint the exterior of the plane.

“You think you’re ever going to learn how to fly a plane?” Tails asked Sonic.

“I doubt it.” the hedgehog responds, “Walking and running is the most active thing I can do.”

Tails looks at Sonic’s new appearance. Four years past by, and Sonic is now aged 27. He still remembers the day he took him and his cousin in to live with him, like they’re brothers. All the years in their world too, battle after battle with robots. Tails felt crazed for adventure almost everyday. The action was just to addictive for him.

Tails then gives a big stretch, and hops down from the ladder that leans on the aircraft.

“I’m going to my den, a.k.a., the lab.” Tails tells Sonic.

“Take as long of a break as you want.” Sonic assures.

Tails then walks down the field to go into an underground shack. The room he enters has chemical tubes, liquids, and data set and arranged on several desks touching the four sections of the room walls. Computers and monitors also are connected to the walls, with the wires plugged into the ceilings.

There was also a parallel universe monitor he made. The way it’s made, is that each monitor teleports a cameras to travel through different worlds and see interesting or unusual activities.

Behind Tails, the room door opens as TJ walks in.

“Which universe are you looking at now?” TJ asks.

“Just observing what’s going on in… a city called Downton.” Tails admits.

In that screen, Tails watches a floating and talking blanket, that’s a pet of a family called the Birkenstocks. The blanket is fighting with the two twin brothers wearing red shirts. One twin has black hair, one is bald. They are fighting over the television remote, and crash and tear apart the apartment furniture in the process. The father who wears a formal suit and has red hair, then intervenes and eventually becomes part of the fight.

“Where do the lunatics come from?” TJ laughs.

Tails sighs, and then presses the button to view what’s happening in Equestria. Then, he zooms into the streets of Ponyville, exploring what the ponies’ daily activities are like. He then notices the very glum looks on their faces. In fact, they look depressed and guilty.

“What’s with them?” TJ asked, just as he notices too.

Tails shrugs, and notice that some ponies are talking to one another. He presses a button that enables the sound to come in, just so he can understand the conversation.

“I… I never though he do that…” a green female pony whimpered.

“Discord certainly had tried hard to be royal.” a brown male pony added, “There was certainly no reason…”

“Discord?” Tails wondered.

He kept observing the screen. He then saw Twilight, William, Spike, Leo, and Ian rushing through the dirt street.

“We have to tell Celestia!” Tails heard Twilight panic.

“What’s going on?” a curious filly asks the rushing worm.

“Discord hanged himself and now we have to break his possession! HAPPY?” he shouts at the filly impatiently.

The worm than squirms back to follow his friends, having the young filly shudder.

“WAIT!” Tails said in shock, “Discord… he hanged himself?”

“No…” TJ gasps, “He might have died…”

Tails hung down his head, and then thinks real carefully about this.

“There’s only one thing to do to help resolve the cause.” Tails said when getting up from his chair, “We have to back to Equestria.”



It was back in the room, that Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity try to comfort Discord, and do anything they can to present humor he enjoys, even though it displeases them. Though nothing is working. Discord’s hallucinations are also blocking the nice looks on hi friends, still being projected with nasty abusers.

“YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO DIE!” the hallucinations scream.

“DIE!”

Discord just tears out more than ever. The ponies eventually cry too, but they try to feed Discord some medicine to help lower his pain from his injuries. Rainbow Dash then comes over to Celestia to hug her.

“I hope we find something that can help.” Rainbow Dash weeps.

“Me too.” Celestia shakes.

Pinkie Pie then turns around to see Mr. and Mrs. cake enter the room. They have a packaged box of donuts made for everypony.

“We… heard about…” Mr. Cake tried to say.

“Thank you.” Pinkie sobs, when gently taking the box.

“The poor thing.” Mrs. Cake tears out when looking at Discord’s saddening face. The blood is coming faster out of his ears before it stops in a minute.

Mrs. Cake places her head on her husbands shoulder. She couldn’t bear seeing him suffer. No pony could bear it.

“It would have been better…” Discord whimpers quietly, “If I’m been kept solid frozen in stone…”

“No. Discord, we love that you’re free…” Applejack comforts.

Discord said nothing.

Finally, Twilight and the other members enter into the room.

“We found the cause!” Twilight announced to Celestia.

She hold’s up the Satan’s Mold rock in front of the princess. Immediately, Celestia remembers the style of the rock. It was in one of her research projects she made a while back during her youth age in royalty.

“That means we must talk to that horrible monster Tirek, in his prison Tatarus.” Celestia shook in frustration, “If I know him, he would have planned this to happen. He might break out again.”

Rainbow Dash nods, understanding Celestia.

“Do you want me to go visit Fireblaze?” she asks the princess, “Maybe I can get him to double the guarding at the prison.”

“I better go with you too sugarcube.” Applejack said to Rainbow Dash.

“And, O-Of course, you can’t forget to bring me, Applejack.” William purrs at her.

Applejack places her hoof on her head when William says that.

Fluttershy looks deep into Discord’s eyes, then looks at Pinkie Pie.

“Celestia, can Pinkie and I stay here to watch Discord?” Fluttershy asks.

“Yes, good idea.” Celestia approves.

“You guys might want to look for Skull, since he was Discord’s apprentice.” Fluttershy tells Twilight.

“Then I’ll go with Twilight.” Rarity volunteers.

“Same here.” Twilight said.

“We’ll research more about the stone with the books we brought.” said Leo, as he takes the books out of his bag, “We’ll stay to watch Discord too.”

“Right.” Twilight nods, “Let’s go.”

Twilight, Rarity, Spike, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and William than leave the room to go look for Fireblaze and Skull.

Celestia stays in the room, watching Fluttershy, Pinkie, Ian, and Leo watch over Discord. She smiles and cries. Discord was very lucky to have forgiving, compassionate, loving, cuddly, and treasuring friends.



Fireblaze’s mountain home was a bit close to Vanhover. The home itself is carved and made completely of rock, and his rooms are painted with shiny red. The furniture is also made of brown rubble, and the lava Jacuzzi he’s resting in his bathroom is heated warm for his house temperature.

“Ahhh, life.” he sighs when relaxing.

Just then, the door barges open, and Fireblaze sees Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and William going in.

“FIREBLAZE! WE GOT A BIG EMERGENCY!” Rainbow Dash cried.

Fireblaze then got out of his lava whirlpool, and fell down the stone floor on his stomach. His mane hair drips with warm lava as he looks at the three of them.

“How do you… survive in….” William starts to ask.

“My father is a dragon, I have dragon blood in me to survive lava.” Fireblaze simply said, “Now what’s the problem?”

“Discord… he… he tried to kill himself.” Applejack sniffed.

Fireblaze’s jaw drops.

“W…Why would he do that?” he asks in terror.

“Well, CERTAIN ponies drove him away, even that stupid griffon prince.” William explained.

“Then Discord came across a deadly stone called Satan’s Mold.” Rainbow Dash finishes, “He’s under a abusing spell because of it.”

Fireblaze is now concerned too.

“Oh, I’m coming.” Fireblaze decides.

He shakes the lava of his body, as Rainbow and Applejack stand back. A little speck touches William, making him jump in dismay. Fireblaze then looks at them again, being determined.

“We’re taking a trip to the prison land of Tatarus so we can confront that bastard Tirek!” Applejack tells him, “Twilight is planning everything out. We’ll be meeting her.”

Applejack then turns to leave, with William riding on her back. Then Fireblaze begins to run out of his down, and jumps over the mountain cliff, flying into the air with Rainbow Dash by his side.



Somewhere in the Everfree forest, Skull is mediating right by Zecora’s tree home. He has his left hoof leg stand on a stump, as he does his tree pose. Zecora is out shopping at the Ponyville market, and was quite approved for Skull to do training near her place. He is doing really well with practicing mindfulness for the last two hours.

Then, he slowly notices Twilight, Rarity, and Spike rushing toward him.

“Hey, you’re mediating.” Spike notices, “Good strategy.”

Skull snorts.

“Hello to you too.” he sighs, “Anything wrong?”

“Discord…” Twilight shook, “He tried… to kill himself. He hanged himself today.”

Skull’s eyes widened.

“What?”

“Pony folks, like us, we weren’t considerate of how stressed he became to dive him off.” Rarity sums up, “Then… he… he came to a wretched stone! First he tried hair rope, then at the hospital… he… tired to strangle himself… with horrible barbed wire! He needs our dire help more than ever!”

“How… could the other ponies be so impatient?” Skull moans, “I love him, so do you guys. He cared for me too.”

“You mean… he looked after you?” Twilight asks.

“Well, since I was a filly, my dad was taken away to prison and my mother… well, she was not feeling really well at all.” Skull tells Twilight, “She… passed away and my father got banished to the Frozen Lands. Discord somewhat found me, and somewhat decided to use his chaos for good. He didn’t like the idea of me being abandoned, so he took me in he became my… well, father. All the last years he was evil, I know, yet there was good inside him all along too. Fluttershy reformed him to make things more heartwarming, and that does make me love her too. If I want to make you guys happy, I’ll… I’ll do anything to get Discord to be happy again.”

Twilight then smiles, and hugs Skull.

“I… didn’t even know that until now.” Twilight sighs.

“Us neither.” Rarity said, “Thanks for telling us.”

Skull then follows Twilight, Rarity, and Spike back to the hospital.



At the hospital, the rest of the gang finally arrives inside the room, having Fireblaze and Skull come in.

“I’m glad you’re both here.” Twilight said, “As you know, we need as much companions possible to guide us to Tatarus.”

“But what if he’s not here… again?” Spike considers.

“If he escapes, then he will drain magic yet again.” Celestia seethes, “However, I will have Shining Armor’s best soldiers keep their eye out for any suspicious activities.”

“But if Tirek isn’t involved?” William asks.

“That’s just what we have to find out.” Rarity says.

“Grrrr. If he HAD planned this out to hurt Discord, I’m going to give him the biggest butt-kicking ever!” Applejack huffs, stomping her hoof to the floor.

“What we need to do too…” Fireblaze advises, “Is to make some sort of potion that can break the spell from Satan’s Mold.”