• Published 18th Oct 2014
  • 13,600 Views, 599 Comments

A Thousand Voices - SpartanD014



After Legion returns to the Geth, a mission gone wrong sends it into the most unlikely place... Equestria.

  • ...
46
 599
 13,600

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

“There is no individual. We are geth.”


THREE YEARS LATER

“Joker. Lose this channel,” Commander John Shepard of the Normandy-SR2 said to his loyal pilot over the intercom. Before him, the holographic view of the Illusive Man in his large observation room flickered away as he stepped out of the Quantum Entanglement Communicator and the cylindrical holographic field receded into the floor. Without a second glance, he turned and exited the meeting room of the Normandy, taking a route through the occupied science lab and into the CIC, where he was greeted by several crewmembers who were previously hostages of the ruthless Collectors. They all smiled at him gratefully as he moved through the large room and approached his yeoman, Kelly Chambers.

While the woman had initially been a steadfast supporter of Cerberus and its mission, her recent encounter with the insect-like Collectors was more than enough to change her mind. Where the Illusive Man had turned his back on the kidnapped crew of the Normandy, Shepard had wasted no time in coming to rescue them, even when the gravity of their mission weighed in the balance. As the Commander approached Chambers, she turned around, offering a smile.

“You came for us,” she said happily. “I knew you would! Thank you, a thousand times, thank you!”

“How are you doing, Kelly?” Shepard asked, genuinely concerned. During his time aboard the ship, he had gotten to know all of his crew, and, Cerberus or not, he was always going to take an interest in their well-being.

“I’m holding up…” she answered. “I just… can’t get the images out of my head… But I… I can’t dwell on it. I’m okay now. I’m alive.” Shepard nodded, satisfied that his reliable assistant was okay.

“Is there anything I should know?” he asked.

“Most of your squadmates would like to speak with you, Commander,” Chambers answered, nodding. “Though Legion was making it sound important… Or, well, as important as a robot can make something sound.” Shepard laughed quietly, trying to imagine the emotionless geth freaking out over something. He nodded farewell to the yeoman, then turned and approached the elevator, the door to which opened at his presence. He pressed the button for the crew deck, and the small elevator began to make its short descent. When it opened, he took a left into the mess hall area and entered into the infirmary, beyond which was the AI core, where the geth had chosen to remain.

The doors slid open, revealing the dark room lined with the large computers that contained the ship’s AI, EDI. At the end stood the tall artificial intelligence, Legion. The Commander always considered himself a tall man, coming in at just under six-foot-two, but the machine easily had another half a foot on him. Shepard looked up into the bright photoreceptor ‘eye’, while Legion looked down and did the same.

“An interesting choice, Shepard-Commander,” Legion said in its usual emotionless voice. “Your species was offered everything geth aspire to. True unity. Understanding. Transcendence. You rejected it. You even refused the possibility of using the Old Machines’ gifts to achieve it on your species’ own terms. You are more like us than we thought.”

“That base was an abomination,” Shepard said. “And I definitely wasn’t going to let Cerberus get at it.”

“That was a wise choice, Shepard-Commander,” the geth commented.

“Anyways,” Shepard continued. “Yeoman Chambers said you wanted to speak to me.” The geth did not respond immediately. Rather, it seemed to be picking its words, a curious action for the machine.

“We predict the likelihood of you turning over Normandy to the Systems Alliance is 99.5 percent,” it finally said.

“And the other point-five percent?” Shepard asked, curious.

“You will follow the advice of subject Jack and become a pirate.” This got a laugh out of Shepard, before he realized that Legion was being serious, and not showing an ability at understanding humor.

“You’re right,” Shepard finally said, regaining his composure. “I intend to turn the ship over.”

“And were a geth to be discovered onboard, we would likely be terminated,” Legion explained.

“So you want to be dropped off,” Shepard said. “I assume that that’s what most of the crew will want. But where?”

“There are any number of worlds where we could arrange for pickup,” Legion said. “Whichever is most convenient for you will be acceptable.” Shepard nodded.

“I’ll let Joker know to make a quick stop at the nearest uninhabited planet,” said the commander.

“Thank you, Shepard-Commander.” Legion turned his attention to his omni-tool, while Shepard turned and exited the AI core. He made a mental note to inform Joker of their stop, but first, he had a certain Quarian to go see…


Legion stepped out of the Normandy shuttle and onto the rocky, desolate landscape of the planet at which the frigate had stopped. According to scans performed by EDI, the planet had no plant or animal life, and a semi-toxic atmosphere. For this reason, Shepard-Commander was wearing his armor with a breathing unit attached to the helmet. Legion, being a synthetic, did not require an atmosphere to survive, so it stepped out onto the rocky soil with no reservations. It then turned to address the armored human commander.

“We will send a message from here to the geth consensus,” it said. “Then we will return to Rannoch.”

“Understood,” Shepard-Commander said, his emotions being hidden behind the mask. He then held out a hand to the geth. The programs within Legion read this as an attempt at a handshake, and then extended the unit’s arm out to meet the commander’s hand. They shook, then stepped back from one another.

“It’s been good working with you, Legion,” Shepard said.

“You have been a reliable ally, Shepard-Commander,” Legion replied. “We anticipate future cooperation.” Shepard nodded, then stepped back inside of the shuttle. The door closed shut, and the small craft blasted off back into space where Normandy was waiting. Once the shuttle was out of sight, Legion established a secure connection to the main geth server on Rannoch, using communication buoys placed by organics along the way to send the message quicker. It reached the server in only a few seconds, and Legion immediately reintegrated. It gave the information of where it was located, that its mission had been successful, and that it required transportation. A few seconds later, the server responded that a small ship was on the way. Satisfied, Legion disconnected from the consensus, and went into a sleep mode to conserve power until the transport arrived.


Several hours later, though it was only a few seconds for Legion, the small transport arrived and the gestalt unit reactivated, taking a moment for all of the programs to come completely back online. To an organic, the small delay would not have even been visible. But for an artificial intelligence, the millisecond gap between reactivating and beginning to walk to the landed transport felt like hours. In the time it took to even take the first step towards the small craft, the collective programs that called themselves ‘Legion’ were able to achieve consensus that they should begin walking toward the transport, and were able to send the signal to the motors in the legs to start moving.

A small hatch, barely large enough to fit the tall geth, opened, and Legion stepped inside, taking in the space. Legion had been aboard transports like this before; they were not large, only about fifteen meters long, and consisted of three small rooms: an entrance area (where the unit was now), a drop bay for orbital insertions, and the cockpit. Legion moved through the entry chamber and moved into the cockpit, taking a seat at the control station. It had been flown here on autopilot, with a direct link to the primary server on Rannoch so that Legion could have extended contact with the millions of programs within.

The unit established the connection, and instantly was torn away from the mobile platform and integrated into the massive server that was the geth consensus. Instantly it began a transfer of data, detailing every single thing that had happened since it left to search for Shepard-Commander, to the time it bid the human Spectre farewell. It only took a few seconds for the transfer to complete, and the consensus immediately began analyzing all of the data. A few seconds later, they responded to Legion.

“We have achieved consensus,” they said. “The Reapers are a dangerous threat, however… The Creators are much more imminent. If the data gathered by Shepard-Commander aboard the Rayya is correct, they will attempt an attack. We must prepare.”

“We are prepared to engage in clandestine scouting operations,” Legion replied.

“We believe this is the best course of action,” the consensus said. “However, do not get too close to the Migrant Fleet. If you are destroyed, the data you collect will be lost as well.”

“Understood,” Legion said. The connection to the server on Rannoch broke, and the programs were once again inside the lone unit. Legion accessed the flight controls, activated the engines, and then took off, heading for the mass relay.


Princess Twilight Sparkle stepped out of her library/home and into the cool morning air of Ponyville. Winter was just around the corner for the small town, a fact which was becoming all the more evident with the chilly winds that were rolling in. Early morning dew settled on her lavender coat, reminding the new alicorn that she really needed to get a jacket with holes for her wings. She stretched the new appendages out, still not fully used to their presence despite having had them for around a month now. The joints in her wings popped as she stretched every single one of the very light bones, sending a satisfying shiver down her spine.

Now adjusted to the morning air, Twilight happily trotted away from her home and into the town center of Ponyville, where shopkeepers were just beginning to set up their market stalls with the goods they hoped to sell. Among them was a pony quite familiar to Twilight, an orange earth pony by the name of Applejack. She carefully balanced heavy crates of apples on her back, before placing them on her market stall in front of her. Just as she was offloading the final crate, Twilight approached the stall, gaining Applejack’s attention with a polite cough.

“Hey Applejack!” the alicorn said amicably.

“Well howdy there, sugarcube!” Applejack replied, her naturally loud voice filling the area. “What’re you doing up so early?”

“Rainbow Dash insisted I start waking up at the break of dawn so she could train me to fly…” Twilight explained, showing her mild annoyance with the slightest of frowns.

“Really?” Applejack asked, genuinely surprised. “Her, of all ponies, wants to wake up early?”

“That’s what I thought, too,” Twilight said, laughing. “But I will admit, when Dash sets her mind to something, she usually sticks with it…”

“That she does,” Applejack laughed. “That she does… Well, I won’t keep ya. You’ve got flying lessons to attend!” Twilight smiled and waved goodbye to her friend, then continued on through Ponyville, making her way to the outskirts of town. It did not take long to reach her destination, as Ponyville was not that large of a town. Plus, Rainbow Dash’s cloud house wasn’t too far outside of Ponyville; rather, it sat floating just a few dozen meters from the edge, resting about twenty meters above the ground.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight loudly called up in an effort to get the attention of the lazy pegasus. After a minute passed without a response, Twilight called again. “Dash, are you up there!?” A moment later, a prismatic head peeked over the edge of the cloud, looking down at the ground. When she saw who it was, Dash stood up and revealed her full self.

“Hey, Twilight,” she greeted, stifling a yawn. “What’s up?” Twilight sighed in annoyance.

“Dash…” the alicorn started. “We have a lesson today…” Dash’s eyes went wide as she realized her mistake, and she darted back into her home. A moment later she flew back out, wearing a hat, a whistle around her neck, and her iconic black polarized sunglasses. She floated down to the waiting princess, all fatigue gone.

“All right, then!” Dash shouted loudly, a fair amount of spit flying from her mouth. “So you wanna fly, do ya!?”

“Yes, Dash, I would like that,” Twilight said, unamused. “Now may we begin?”

“We’ll begin when you’re in peak physical condition, maggot!” Dash replied. Maggot? Twilight thought. She sighed as the cyan pegasus circled her, taking note of every aspect of her physicality. When she finished her rounds, Dash eyed Twilight with an annoyed glare. She shook her head and rubbed her chin thoughtfully.

“Maggot, you are in horrible shape!” she shouted. “What do you do? Stay inside and read all day!?”

“Dash, you know that that is exactly what I do all day,” Twilight answered, sighing. “And you can stop with the ‘maggot’.” Dash grinned and raised her sunglasses.

“Nah, I’m just kiddin’, Twi!” she said, amused. “But seriously though, you are in awful shape. I mean, that is embarrassing.” Twilight glared, somewhat offended, but she realized that the pegasus was right. She barely left her home, and it showed. While she wasn’t overweight by any means, she was certainly lacking in musculature.

“Those wings aren’t going to do anything if all they are is feather and bone,” Dash continued. “We’ve gotta start working them! Now drop and give me twenty!” Twilight paused for a moment, sighing, before she lowered herself and began attempting to do push-ups. Dash stopped her, then stared, annoyed.

“Twilight… what are you doing?” she asked.

“I’m doing push-ups!” Twilight exclaimed, exasperated.

“And how is that going to help you fly!?” Dash yelled. Twilight started to answer, but closed her mouth as she realized that she had no idea. Dash rolled her eyes, then lowered herself to the ground.

“Like this,” she said. The cyan pegasus’ wings angled down and the tip of each appendage touched the ground. She slowly brought her forehooves up, supporting herself entirely on her wings and hind legs. Then, she slowly began pushing herself up and down, becoming quicker with each cycle. After Dash had completed twenty wing-ups, she stood back up and grinned smugly at Twilight. She hadn’t even broken a sweat.

“You want me to do that with these?” Twilight asked, motioning to her incredibly frail wings. Not using them at all had certainly taken a toll, and they hung flimsily at her side.

“You gotta start somewhere, Twi,” Dash said. “Now give it a shot.” Sighing, Twilight once again lowered herself to the ground. Carefully, she did as Dash had instructed and lowered the tips of her wings to the ground, then began rising her forehooves up. Almost as soon as they left the ground, Twilight fell forward and smacked her face into the dirt as her wings failed.

“Try again,” Dash said. So Twilight picked herself back up, once again put her weight on the wings, and once again she collapsed into the dirt. The alicorn grunted angrily as she returned to a standing position.

“Twilight, if you can’t get this, you’re never going to get off the ground,” Rainbow said. “Now come on, it’s easier than it looks, try again…”


Legion’s small transport exited the mass relay with a jolt as the blue cone of element zero fell from the ship. Though nothing was visible to the geth right now, the data attached to the Mass Relay it had come through indicated that this particular Relay was linked to the Hades Nexus, which was home to four star systems. The system that the ship had come out in was owned by Hekate, a class-G star. The first planet in the system was Asteria, an arid planet that was currently colonized by humans and asari.

Based on intelligence collected by the tracking of communication buoys throughout the galaxy, a ship from the massive quarian Migrant Fleet would be arriving in just under three hours to collect supplies. Not wishing to be discovered, Legion turned its small transport to Triodia, a sizeable gas giant that was the second planet in the system. It would provide cover for the geth, and allow it to remain undetected while it was scanning for the quarians. Until the creator vessel arrived, there was nothing to do but wait…


“Oof!” Twilight shouted as she once again fell into the dirt in front of Rainbow Dash’s cloud house. Only this time, instead of immediately collapsing after bringing up her forehooves, she had managed to do four wing-ups, a new record for her.

“Nice work, Twi!” Dash said happily. “And it only took three hours!” Twilight frowned as she stood back up.

“Yeah, thanks…” she said sarcastically. “So can I take a break now?” Dash mulled over the question, then finally presented Twilight with a nod.

“All right, you have been at it for a while…” the pegasus said. “Sugarcube Corner should be open by now, want to stop there?”

“Yeah, that sounds good,” Twilight said, right as her belly rumbled in hunger. She hadn’t eaten anything but a light breakfast, and three hours of attempted wing-ups had taken a lot out of her. She shakily followed Dash through Ponyville, panting the whole way.


The monitor in front of Legion began to flash as it detected a mass relay activation. The ship’s long-range sensors had identified it as a small UT-47 Kodiak Drop Shuttle, registered with the Migrant Fleet. It was only a few meters smaller than the transport that Legion currently occupied, but the main difference was that the Kodiak was armed, and the geth transport was not. In order to maintain stealth, almost all heat-emitting components (minus the engines and reactor) had been stripped. Therefore, the geth had to be careful, lest it be discovered and eliminated. Legion tracked the shuttle as it began flying for Asteria, no doubt to resupply. As it neared the planet, Legion ran a program to latch on to communications.

“This is Tel’Karran vas Shellen, requesting permission to land,” a male voice said through the loudspeaker.

“Tel’Karran vas Shellen, this is Asteria Ground Control, please state purpose for visit,” a female voice replied.

“I need to purchase supplies for the Migrant Fleet. Munitions, mainly,” the quarian replied. There was a brief pause.

“Tel’Karran vas Shellen, you are granted permission to land, over,” ground control said. Legion tracked the shuttle as it moved closer to the planet, then began to process the data. Munitions were an odd purchase choice for a fleet that was constantly on the move. Pirates very rarely attempted to attack it considering the size of the Flotilla, and they mostly stopped to collect supplies on safe, civilized worlds. The need for weapons was unnecessary, and likely pointed to the threat of attack.

Legion filed the audio recordings for later as the scanners detected that the shuttle had lander. The craft powered down, and its signature was lost. The geth stared at the screen, never taking its single, bright blue eye off of it. And after half an hour, the shuttle reappeared on the screen as it took off, heading for the atmosphere. The change in speed of the craft definitely indicated that it was carrying heavy cargo, though from these readings, Legion could not determine specifically what had been purchased.

Just as the small shuttle was nearing the Mass Relay, it slowed to a stop. Legion stared at the screen, preparing for any possible situation. Without warning, the shuttle spun and began heading straight for the geth’s position. How it had determined where it was hiding, Legion did not know. But scanners did show that weapons were heating, and the shuttle was closing. Acting quickly, Legion accessed flight controls and fired up the engines, plotting a course for the Mass Relay. No matter what route it took, the shuttle had plenty of space to intercept. Legion carefully calculated every move it would need to make to reach the Relay safely.

Only a few hundred kilometers from the massive structure, Legion encountered the shuttle. It fired a few bursts from the two mass accelerator cannons on the front, three of which hit the transport and impacted on the kinetic barriers. The barriers deflected the rounds, though power was dropped significantly. Another shot could cause damage. Before the shuttle got a chance, however, Legion spun past it and made a bee-line for the Relay, occasionally doing random maneuvers to throw off its pursuer. The sensors detected more bursts from the mass accelerators, each of which the geth dodged.

Finally Legion was in range to input coordinates to the Mass Relay, which it began to do. Because of the protection from direct digital transfer that the Relays were equipped with, Legion was forced to input coordinates manually through the monitor. It typed each coordinate carefully, and just before it got to the last set of numbers, the transport jolted as a mass accelerator round hit it and bypassed the barriers, hitting the hull and causing a small explosion to rock the craft. Shaking from the impact, Legion’s hand slipped, and the incorrect coordinates were input. Before the error could be undone, a bolt of element zero from the core of the Relay attached onto the ship, then slung the transport forward at hundreds of times the speed of light.

A moment later and it was over. The blue cone of element zero peeled off of the transport, and it settled next to a new Mass Relay. Legion quickly checked to see where it had ended up, but was surprised to find that it was not detecting anything. Accessing external cameras, Legion gained a view of the Relay, and was surprised to see that it was heavily damaged. The gyroscopic rings in the center stopped rotating, and the orb of blue element zero faded away from the center. The lights across the construct shut off, casting the object in darkness.

Activating low-light vision, Legion began to visually scan the Relay. Burn marks streaked across several sections of the incredibly resilient hull, and a very small portion of the front-top ‘arm’ had been torn off, leaving it floating a few hundred kilometers away. Even worse was that Legion’s ship was not able to access the Relay at all. It was completely out of power, something previously thought to be impossible. The Relays had remained active for millions of years, yet this one seemed not to be functional at all.

Current predicament aside, it was also quite curious to the geth. Organics had believed that they had mapped most of the relays in the Milky Way galaxy. To find an undiscovered one was unexpected, to say the least. Still, it could not stay here forever. Legion needed to deliver its intelligence to the consensus so that they could prepare for the inevitable Creator attack. If it was unsuccessful, all geth were at risk. Legion navigated over to the radar console and checked it for gravitational anomalies. Less than a light-year from its position was a very large anomaly, identical to that of a star. There was one more detected, very likely a planet.

Legion began flying the transport to the lone anomaly, which was, at maximum speed, only a few minutes away. When it came into view, if synthetics could be surprised, Legion was fairly sure that it would have been. Only a few hundred kilometers from the small transport was a small planet. Organics would have called it a ‘garden world’. It seemed to be primarily ocean, with a single supercontinent in the center of the nighttime side, giving a suggestion to the apparent youth of this world. Orbiting around it, on the exact opposite side of the star, was a small, cratered moon.

The scanners began blinking with a notification, drawing Legion away from the cameras. It looked over the readings, and immediately set them to rescan. And when the readings came back identical to the first time, Legion found itself even more surprised.. If the sensors on the ship were correct, then the sun and moon were both orbiting around the planet, making this a geocentric system. As far as Legion was aware, this was the only one known.

Either way, the programs within Legion achieved a quick consensus that exploration of the planet could be beneficial. Additionally, if it was to reactivate the Mass Relay, it would need element zero. Should this planet have any, Legion was going to need it. The geth maneuvered its small ship closer to the planet, then moved in for a landing.


Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash walked (or hovered, in the case of the pegasus) side-by-side down the moonlit streets of Ponyville. The pale light diffused on the cobblestone streets, casting the town in shadow. Twilight lit her horn just enough to emit a soft lavender glow, which illuminated the area around them and made it easier to see. The smell of frost was on the air, and a light wind blew in the faces of the two ponies as they cantered along. They finally came to a stop in front of Twilight’s library house, and turned to face one another.

“Good work today, Twi,” Dash said, stifling a yawn. It was late, the moon was already high in the sky. They had worked tirelessly since morning with her training, and by the time night fell, Twilight was already able to hover for short periods of time. Sustained flight was a different story, however, but Rainbow Dash was confident that she would get it in time.

“Thanks,” Twilight said, yawning. “Thanks for teaching me. Same time tomorrow?”

“You got it!” Dash yelled enthusiastically. “I’ll try not to forget this time.” At this, the two mares shared a laugh. “Well, good night.”

“Good night, Dash,” Twilight said, waving goodbye as her friend took off into the skies above Ponyville. Once the cyan pegasus was out of sight, Twilight turned and quietly opened the door, trying not to wake the sleeping dragon within. She then quietly moved up the stairs and into her bedroom, where she lazily climbed into bed and pulled the covers over herself. And just a few minutes later, she was asleep.


Princess Celestia walked side-by-side with Princess Luna down one of the wide corridors of Canterlot castle. Beams of moonlight filled in through the windows, reflecting off of the floors and lighting the long passage. The two diarchs walked in silence, simply enjoying one another’s company. Princess Luna had returned from her banishment on the moon three years prior, and yet there was still a distinct void between the two. Luna was withdrawn, and did not easily socialize with other ponies. They all had their own reservations about the night princess as well, which made any sort of interaction between them and Luna difficult. But no matter what Celestia tried to say or do, Luna refused to acknowledge the problem. She seemed perfectly content to sit up in her room all night, and sleep through the day, only coming out if it was truly important. And, for the meantime, Princess Celestia was going to let her continue doing just that. She could not force her sister to come out and socialize, it was going to have to happen at its own pace.

The two alicorns reached their destination, a small balcony at the very back of the palace that offered an unobstructed view of the moon. They each stepped out onto the stone balcony, then walked to the parapet for a better view of the satellite. The pattern that had appeared when Celestia first banished Luna was long gone, replaced by the normal pattern of craters caused by myriad asteroid impacts over the millennia. The stars twinkled in the sky, each one an independent gem that adorned the night.

“The sky is beautiful tonight, sister,” Celestia commented.

“Thank you, ‘Tia,” Luna replied, emotionless. Celestia spared a glance at the dark blue alicorn, and saw that she was staring sadly at the moon. Where once it had been Luna’s pride and joy, it was now only a solemn reminder of that fateful night one thousand and three years ago.

“I’m sorry-,” Celestia began.

“Don’t, sister,” Luna interrupted, holding out a hoof. “I understand.” Celestia nodded, then turned her head and once again gazed upon the sky, taking in the beautiful constellations. The two sisters stayed like this for a moment longer, before Celestia turned.

“Come,” she said. “I must rest, and you have duties to attend to.” Luna nodded, frowning at the prospect of work, and turned to follow her sister off of the balcony. They each exited back into the corridor, the large door slamming shut behind them.

Immediately after the large door shut, one of the billions of stars began moving. It was slow at first, but it began to pick up speed as it entered the upper atmosphere of Equis. And, if one was looking at it with a powerful enough telescope, they would have noticed a small speck drop out of it and careen towards the surface at incredible speeds as the star pulled back up and reentered the vast expanse of space.


As the small transport cleared the upper atmosphere of the unidentified garden world, Legion set it to automatically reenter orbit to generate surface scans and locate deposits of element zero. In the meantime, the geth itself would go to the surface and explore the world, and possibly locate the powerful element by itself.

Legion stepped out of the cockpit and into the drop bay, then stepped onto a small circle in the floor. It picked out several weapons from a rack on the wall, then reached its arms up and grabbed on to two handlebars on the ceiling. A moment later, the circular hatch opened, and wind rushed beneath the geth. Just as the small craft began to pull back up, Legion let go of the handlebars and dropped out of the hatch, which immediately closed back behind it. As it fell, it deployed several flaps hidden amongst the polymer shell to slow down its descent. Just a few hundred meters above the plains where it had chosen to land, the geth folded up into an incredibly compact and shock-resistant form to minimize damage that would be taken by the impact.

Legion smacked into the ground at hundreds of meters per second, kicking up a large amount of dirt and shattering the landscape around it. The landing complete, it unfolded itself, reaching an arm back and grabbing the M-98 Widow sniper rifle off of its back. The sniper deployed itself when it registered the contact, and Legion hefted it in both of its three-fingered hands, surveying the landscape.

Element Zero was incredibly rare, most often forming from the exposure of solid matter to high amounts of energy, such as the kind released in a supernova. However, this star system had already shown itself to be incredibly abnormal. Perhaps this would yield interesting results. Settling on a random direction, Legion prepared the Widow, then began moving away from its landing zone, prepared to explore…

Author's Note:

Here is Chapter 1. I only released the prologue last night and already people seem to be enjoying the story.

If you notice any lore/spelling/grammar errors, or if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!