• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 7,766 Views, 195 Comments

Hive Mind - canonkiller



Why do my hands look like cheese all of a sudden?

  • ...
14
 195
 7,766

Come Together

OH MY GOSH GUYS DOWNLOAD THIS

http://www.mediafire.com/?4obmwu7l8xebud4

SERIOUSLY

On a side note, I have a cool story to share - I was gonna write last night... and then the power went out. So... I'll work faster today.

----------

"Your Majesty, what of the others?"

"I should have known the male was one of them all along. I thought she was dead."

"But, the other eight-"

"I don't care about the other eight!" Chrysalis snapped, turning to face her guard. "The only other one of them that might be a problem is the magic wielder. Other than him, these two are the most dangerous!"

"Even with the five?"

"The five are only strong together. Until we search them out, they'll be oblivious to their true forms."

"So, what are we supposed to do?"

Chrysalis ground her hoof into the floor of her chamber. "Annihilate them."

The guard hesitated. "Isn't that what we tried to do before?"

"I said ANNIHILATE THEM!" Chrysalis yelled, stomping a hoof.

"YesyourMajestyrightawayyourMajesty."

-----

"Come on."

"No."

"3217, you can do this."

"No, I can't."

"Do you want to fight Chrysalis or not?"

"I don't wanna."

"I don't want to come in there, but I will."

"Noooo."

"3217, get out of bed!"

I rolled over, glaring at the door. "Ten more minutes."

"I already gave you ten more minutes! Get out here!"

"I'm sleeeeeeping."

"No, you're not. Get out."

"Mmmmmph." I roll upright - again, hard to do with four legs - and manage to stay sitting.

"Are you coming?"

"Yeah, yeah, be right there."

Five steps to the door, and I'm in the hallway. I nudge the door shut. The other Changeling is leaning on the wall outside, a slight glare focused on me. "Took you long enough."

"I sleep in on weekends. Deal with it."

"I did." He muttered. "But we have no idea when Chrysalis is going to strike. We have to plan, we have to find the others, we have to make sure she doesn't find the others-"

"-And those are all problems for later. I'm awake. Now what?"

He shrugged. "You have to practice with your powers. I've practiced with mine."

"When?"

"Trying to get you out of bed."

I frowned, but hovered down the stairs behind him. Note: Tackle the whole 'stair' problem.

"How am I supposed to practice? We can't even go outside."

"I went exploring, and you have a basement. I don't think anyone can see you down there? At least, I don't think anyone lives down there. I'm still weirded out by these 'humans'."

"I do not have somebody in my basement." I frowned, shaking a stray hair out of my face. "And I don't want to go down there."

"Why not, 3217?"

"Because there are spiders down there."

"Come on! Are you joking? Please be joking."

"I don't. Like. Spiders."

"I'll bet you spiders are one of the closest creature to you on this planet genetically."

"Nope. There's the other Changelings."

"They don't count! Now suck it up, and go downstairs."

"No." I planted my hooves into the stairs, watching as he turned and frowned at me.

"3217!"

"No!" I felt my bones shifting, stature leaning forward. My hooves split into claws. My mane and tail turned bright red, flowing like fire.

"Oh, well. That's new."

"I'm not going down there with the spiders."

"Don't you think you're overreacting a bit?"

"Not at all."

"You changed into a night mare. A very flamey night mare."

"No. Spiders."

"Okay, okay. We'll find somewhere else." He hovered up the narrow tunnel, glaring at me as I reverted back to Changeling.

"What's your name, anyway?"

"1416. Stop trying to change the subject."

I trotted after him, helping him shut the blinds. "Spiders are creepy."

"Okay." He turned around, smirking. "Change into one."

"Wha... no! No no no no no no!"

"Do it."

"No."

"I will shove you out this door and lock you out until someone sees you."

"I don't care. Go ahead."

-----

"Let me in!" I pressed up against the door, leaning all of my weight on it. "Please."

"No." He replied, smiling through the window.

"Come on! Someone's going to see me!"

"If you turned into a spider, you could fit under the door~"

"No!"

"Well then, good luck."

At least it was warm outside. But no spiders. Ever. Now, there was always other bugs, but... style is everything.

In seconds, I was a cobra. With a startling ease, I jabbed my tail between the door and the frame and pushed the lock open. I nudged the door open with my snout before slithering outside.

He trotted around the corner, frowning.

I reared up, ready to sink my fangs into his knees. With a hiss, I launched forward, ready to pump devastating venom through his flesh.

And am promptly thrown against the wall.

I revert to my original form with the sudden pain - luckily, a flaw I lost while I was human - and lie in a crumpled heap on the floor.

"What in Equestria was that for?!" He shouted, pressing up against the wall.

I stand up, slightly confused as I watch him flinch. "What was what for? I was just going to..." ...Going to bite you?!... "...oh my god, I'm so sorry! I don't know what happened!"

"It's fine, just kind of shocking. Instinct is just something that most foals understand and can control after a few days. I didn't really think about how you would be affected too. I should have thought of that."

"I still feel bad. I was trying to kill you, after all..."

"Well, I agree that something a little less poisonous would have been a better choice, but..." He shrugged, hovering up into the air. He tapped his hooves together, tilting his head. "We can always work on your transformation skills later. They do seem to come quite naturally. Let's work on step two - finding the others. You've been human; where would a human with those kind of talents go?"

I shrug. "The internet?"