• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 755 Views, 6 Comments

Aspects of Chaos - LordLycaon



Six chaotic entities bearing resemblance to the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony appear from Discord, each representing the opposing force of the Elements.

  • ...
1
 6
 755

Eclipse

After Discord teleported them back to Canterlot Castle, the Mane 6 galloped into the palace as fast as they could, hoping beyond hope that they weren't too late. They quickly arrived at the throne room, where Celestia was conversing about something with a guard.

"-and I want her found before the worst happens," Celestia said. The guard nodded and headed off, likely to pass on his orders to the other guards.

"Princess!" Twilight called to her mentor, who looked surprised to see her student. "We think the attack on Cloudsdale was a ruse! The Aspects are after-!"

"Luna…" Celestia said, finishing Twilight's sentence. "I know. And they succeeded."

"L-Luna's g-gone?" Fluttershy stammered out, clearly frightened at the revelation.

"Looks like things are just gonna get mighty worse before they get better," Applejack stated.

"It's very likely that we're going to encounter Nightmare Moon at some point," Discord pointed out. The spirit of chaos lounged in the air as though he didn't have a care in the world. "And to make things worse, my powers don't seem to be working as well as before. I can handle teleporting just fine, but I can't seem to do anything that requires more power than that."

Celestia muttered something under her breath, most likely a curse. "This is most disconcerting. If you can't use your powers to aid any more than teleportation, then we may be in for something more troublesome than what we originally predicted."

"We have to take action!" Rainbow Dash proclaimed. "Every second we waste talking is another second that the Aspects are running loose around Equestria! We have to find them and stop them!"

"No one's going to disagree with you Rainbow," Rarity said, somehow managing to stay calm despite their situation. "But we can't just waltz right up to them and ask them nicely to stop."

"Rarity's right," Twilight said. "We need to find out where they're hiding, what they're planning, and make a plan of our own. Otherwise, we'll just be playing right into their hooves."

Celestia nodded her agreement. "Perhaps Discord could shed some light?" All eyes then fell on the spirit of chaos, who continued lounging in midair.

Discord sighed. "Look, just because they came from me doesn't mean that I know what they're thinking. I'm powerful, but I'm no mind reader. Besides, they're beings of chaos. I seriously doubt that they have any sort of collective plan. Unless of course Twilight's counterpart is somehow keeping them all in line. In that case, they probably do have a sort of plot to go by, but it's highly unlikely."

"I see…" Celestia trailed off, clearly lost in thought. "Twilight, you and your friends should investigate every possible location. Find the Aspects of Chaos and my sister before-" Before she could finish, the light in the room slowly dimmed, accompanied by a malevolent laugh, one that made everyone's eyes wide.

The laughter continued until the room was nearly pitch black, allowing barely enough light for anypony to see. The laughter soon faded into a dark chuckle. "Before what, Celestia?" asked a voice that was frighteningly familiar to all but Discord. "Before dear Luna once again becomes who she truly is? Before the Aspects of Chaos have a chance to overthrow your pitiful kingdom? It's already too late for that, dear sister."

"Nightmare Moon," Twilight whispered, unsure of what to do.

Celestia scowled angrily. "My sister is Luna! You are nothing more than a mass of hatred posing as her!"

"Oh, such a quaint, but worthless sentiment. Luna and I are one and the same. I was created through her despair. She allowed me to be born. She wanted you gone, and for all ponies to bow before her and her alone. I was born to fulfill that desire of hers. And thanks to the Aspects of Chaos, I will finally achieve that ultimate goal! Darkness and chaos shall reign over the world for all time!"

"No way!" Rainbow Dash shouted. "We beat you once, and we'll beat you again!"

"Is that so?" the voice of Nightmare Moon replied, chuckling ominously. "Tell me, have any of you bothered to check the sky since you returned?"

Everypony looked at each other in confusion, and immediately headed for the nearest balcony. They all looked up at the sky, near the sun. Their eyes went wide in shock at what they saw; the moon was slowly blotting out the sun, already halfway done. Nightmare Moon's laughter rang out more prominently now.

"Once the sun is completely blocked out," she said with sadistic glee in her tone, "the night shall truly last for eternity!" She laughed madly then, her voice slowly fading away. But before leaving them, she said, "Oh, and you may want to duck." With that, her voice faded.

"Duck?" Pinkie asked curiously. "What do birds have to do with this?"

"Get down!" Twilight shouted as a massive blast of red energy soared straight towards them. Everypony quickly dropped down onto the floor as the beam tore apart the throne room behind them. The Mane 6, Celestia, and Discord looked back up into the sky then, where they saw all six of the Aspects of Chaos standing upon a pitch black storm cloud, with Nightmare Moon standing in between them all, her ethereal mane waving with no noticeable force.

Once again, Nightmare laughed. "Let this be the last day that any living creature shall ever see! The reign of the sun and harmony has come to an end!"

With that said, the moon completed its eclipse of the sun.