• Published 17th Oct 2014
  • 33,230 Views, 1,227 Comments

Living Nightmare - Autum Breeze



Nightmare Moon was destroyed by the Elements. But a part of her remained, working til it could become whole again. But something went wrong.

  • ...
146
 1,227
 33,230

Chapter 23 (Rewrite)

Chapter 23

___________________________________________________________

Silver Spoon walked into the school and spotted all of the crusaders gathered around Apple Bloom’s desk. She took a breathe and walked over.

"Hey, Silver Spoon," Apple Bloom said, turning as the grey filly neared. It was three days since Silver had visited Stellar in the hospital and, while the crusaders had been hesitant at first, after some encouragement from Stellar, they'd tried to be friends with Silver.

Turned out, without Diamond guiding her into being cruel, Silver was a really nice, quiet pony. She told them about how Diamond used to be, before they'd all met during school; the kind Diamond they'd never gotten to see, but whom she hoped they would see one day.

"I've never seen you three at school so early," Silver commented, glancing around at the three.

Scootaloo grinned. “Yeah. Applejack and Rarity told Sweetie and AB that they could come for a sleepover at my house.”

Silver’s expression fell, a little. “Oh. Okay.”

“We’d have invited you too, Silver,” Sweetie Belle said, stepping towards her. “But, it was kinda short notice and we looked for you, but didn’t find you in time. Plus, Applejack mentioned something was happening at your house yesterday, so you were staying the night with your aunt who lives just outside of Ponyville.”

At that, Silver’s face flushed red and, after quickly glancing at Scootaloo, she looked at the ground.

The crusaders all shared confused looks at this, before Apple Bloom asked, “Uh, Silver?”

She gave a small squeak, sounding for a moment like Fluttershy.

“Um,” Apple Bloom scratched her neck with a hoof. This was clearly something awkward, but what kind of friend would they be if they didn’t ask. “What is it? Did somethin' happen?”

Silver gave a split-second glance at Scoots again, before looking to the ground. I saw my dad kissing Rainbow Dash.

“Uh, could ya’ll repeat that?” Apple Bloom asked, leaning her head closer towards Silver. “Didn’t quite catch it.”

"My dad... was kissing Rainbow Dash," Silver mumbled.

“Sorry,” Scootaloo shook her head. “Didn’t get that.”

"My dad kissed Rainbow Dash."

“You’re going to have to speak up if you expect us to—” Sweetie began, just as other fillies and colts started filing into the classroom.

I saw my dad kissing Rainbow Dash, okay?!” Silver shouted, then clamped her hooves over her mouth.

A silence rang throughout the classroom as everypony within earshot of Silver’s shout processed what they’d just heard her say.

Scootaloo’s mouth was hanging wide open, her eyes just staring at Silver Spoon as if she’d suddenly grown a second head. A second head telling her her idol had been kissing her former second worst enemy’s father.

“Yer dad... was kissin’... Rainbow Dash?” Apple Bloom asked, her expression saying she wasn’t sure if she’d misheard Silver or not.

Silver Spoon gave a weak nod, then mumbled, “And... she was kissing back.”

For several moments, silence returned.

Then Sweetie Belle sighed, “Aww.”

Scootaloo blinked, before she realized the sigh was one she’d heard her use whenever she saw couples together. It took only a second longer to realize just what Silver had implied.

“Wait, wait, wait,” Scootaloo said, shaking her head. “Your dad was kissing Rainbow Dash... and she was kissing back?”

Silver nodded weakly. “It’s not the first time, either. They’ve been secretly dating for... well, since Princess Twilight got her crown. I didn’t say anything before because I wasn’t sure what Diamond would think of me for having a dad that was dating the pony who’s like your big sister, Scootaloo. And, after the flag carrying competition, I didn’t say anything to you because I saw how far Diamond and I went with talking about your wings.”

Scootaloo just stared, then opened out her wings. “Well, I can fly now. Dash taught me.” Then her face fell and her wings returned to her sides. “Why didn’t she tell me?”

“Probably the same reason why Rarity and AJ didn’ tell us bout their relationship.”

Silver blinked. “Wait, what?’

Apple Bloom grinned. “It happened the day we all went to visit Stellar. After she learned Stellar really is her sister, Sweetie shot off faster than a Wonderbolt and Scoots and Ah went after her?”

___________________________________________________________

“Where’s Rarity?!” Sweetie Belle shouted, annoyed as she bound out of Carousel Boutique, only to crash into her two friends as they tried to catch up to her.

“Ow! Watch it, Sweetie Belle,” Scootaloo said as they disentangled themselves from each other. “Look where you’re going next time, will ya?”

“Sorry,” Sweetie replied, then frowned. “But where is Rarity? How can she not be home when I’ve got something as big as this to tell her?”

Apple Bloom shrugged. “Dunno. But mah sister said she might be meeting with somepony later today. Maybe she was meetin' with Rarity?”

“Well, either way, we’ve gotta tell Applejack that she’s got another little sister at some point,” Scootaloo shrugged, “so we might as well go to Sweet Apple Acres now and try and find Rarity and the others later.”

Sweetie pouted, clearly upset she had to wait to tell Rarity about their family relations, but nodded and they headed off to Sweet Apple Acres.


As they walked through the fields, Apple Bloom noticed Big Macintosh pulling his plow. This wasn't unusual, however, was unusual was that he kept glancing towards the barn, an uncertain, yet happy look on his face.

Confused, Apple Bloom nodded the crusaders towards the barn. As they got closer they could faintly hear Applejack’s voice, though the barn muffled it so they couldn’t actually tell what she was saying.

Carefully, the fillies tiphoofed inside and followed the sound of Applejack’s muffled voice. Though, now it had turned into soft moans, though not ones of pain. Scootaloo didn’t know what kind of moans these were, but they weren’t any she’d ever heard before.

As they reached the top of the ladder from the hayloft, Sweetie shouted, “Rarity!”

When the other two reached the top, Rarity and Applejack looked like they’d gotten themselves tangled in each other legs. Their faces were bright red and both were stammering.

“N-n-n-n-now, Sweetie Belle,” Rarity said once she and the farm mare had untangled themselves from each other. “I-I’m sure you know that nosing in on other ponies isn’t polite—”

“Why were you lying on top of Applejack?” Sweetie asked, looking confused. “And how come you’re faces are red?”

“Uh— well— Ya see—” Applejack stumbled on her own words.

“An’ why are ya’ll wearing AJ’s hat?” Apple Bloom asked Rarity, her eyes narrowed suspiciously.

“Uh...” Rarity said blankly, her eyes slowly moving up to the Stetson sitting atop her head.

“Wait a minute,” Sweetie said, a smile spreading across her face. “Were you two... kissing?”

The increase of blush in their faces and their sudden inability to look at any of them, or each other, was the answer.

Scootaloo gagged.

Stellar had mentioned to her before Hearth's Warming that Luna had told her two of the Elements had feelings for each other, but not who. Only that they were two you would never have guessed as being in love with each other, but she'd have never thought of putting Applejack and Rarity together. That was just...

“Hey, Rarity! Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!” Sweetie Belle said, bouncing up and down in a very good imitation of Pinkie Pie.

“Uh, what?” she replied, trying to straighten her mane a bit. It was really frazzled, as if she and Applejack had been wrestling or something.

“Stellar’s our sister!” Sweetie chirped, then squeed.

Rarity gave a slightly annoyed, slightly confused look to her little sister. “Yes, Sweetie, I know we feel like Stellar’s our sister. I don’t see why you—”

“No! You don’t understand!” Sweetie said, annoyance and excitement blended together so much in her voice that it was weird. “She’s got your blood in her. She’s literally our sister.”

“Ours too, AJ!” Apple Bloom grinned. “Stellar’s our sister, too!”

“Come again?” Applejack cocked an eyebrow.

“Uh, I beg your pardon?” Rarity looked just as confused.

The fillies quickly explained what Luna had to them, but as they did so, the mares' faces went slightly pale.

“Wouldn’t that technically make you and I...?” Rarity asked, slowly moving her eyes to Applejack.

“Related?” Applejack gave a big gulp. “Ah... Ah think it would.”

Scootaloo looked confused. “I’d have thought learning you had more family would’ve made you happy, Applejack. Why do you and Rarity both look like you’ve seen a ghost?”

“Uh, Apple Bloom?” Applejack said, looking to her little sister. “How would ya’ll like ta have a sleepover at Scootaloo’s place?”

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo’s eyes lit up. “Really?” the youngest Apple said, her grin as wide as her face., but then frowned in confusion “But, it’s a school night. Ya’ll never let us have sleepovers on a school night.”

“You too, Sweetie Belle?” Rarity asked, giving her sister a shaky smile. “Would you like to be a part of the sleepover, too?”

Sweetie Belle just grinned. “Sure!”

“G-good. It’s settled then,” Applejack gulped again.

“Um, if you’ll all excuse me, I need to go... talk about... something, with... somepony... uh... BYE!”

And with that all that was left of Rarity was a smoky imprint of her when she’d been standing that slowly faded away.

The three fillies looked at each other, unanimously thinking the same thing. What was that all about?

___________________________________________________________

“Didn’t Miss Cheerilee get annoyed that she was so suddenly hosting a sleepover at the last minute?” Silver asked, confused.

Scootaloo looked up, frowning as she thought. “A little. Though, she didn’t complain after we told her why. And, for whatever reason, the sleepover's been going on for a few days now.”

“And, what was the reason?” Dinky asked, having come closer during their tale.

“That Applejack and Rarity were kissing and got all weird when we told them they were both my sisters,” Sweetie shrugged. “Dunno why, but she blushed even redder than they did and didn’t say anything about it after.”

“Alright, that’s enough gossiping, please!” They all turned to see Miss Cheerilee sitting at her desk, her face just as red as it had gotten last night. “If you’re going to continue that conversation, please wait until recess.”

They all pouted as they said, “Fine.” Jeez, why were grownups getting like this just because they’d found out the Element Bearers were their sisters because of their blood being Stellar's blood.

As class started, Silver couldn’t help noticing that Diamond Tiara’s seat was still missing its host, as it had been for many days now. She was really getting worried.

She spoke with the others about her concerns during recess. Scootaloo said she probably was just too embarrassed to show herself now that she didn’t have Silver Spoon as her lapdog. The fact she hadn't shown up for the Student Pony President election didn't help lessening that idea.

This earned her a hoof to the head from Apple Bloom and a glare from Silver and Sweetie.

After a bit of talking, they all decided we’d go to Diamond Tiara’s house and find out why she hadn’t come to school. Silver Spoon didn’t seem too eager, but at the same time, was impatient for school to finish once they’d decided. After all, she still thought of Diamond as her friend.

___________________________________________________________

“Alright, Rarity, Applejack, we’re all here now,” Twilight said, looking around at the other five mares gathered with her in the throne room. “What was so urgent that I had to come back from Canterlot so early? You realize how hard it was to get permission to leave, right? It took days to even get it finalized.”

“And you realize I was still in bed when you got me, right?” Dash folded her forelegs, frowning. “Iron Forge took ages to calm down after you just popped out from under the bed covers. I still don't even know how you did that. You're not Pinkie Pie.”

"Of course she's not me," Pinkie said, looking confused. "She's Rarity. If she were me, I'd be Rarity. Wait." Her frown became one of puzzlement. "If she were me and I was her, who would be Gummy?"

They stared at Pinkie for several moments, before shaking their heads. Pinkie was just being Pinkie; random as always.

“While I’m sure whatever it is you have to tell us is very important, couldn’t it have waited until I’d finished giving Barry Bear his back rub?” Fluttershy asked, the hid behind her mane. “I mean, I don’t mean to seem rude, but he’s been waiting for it all week and has a lot of tension he needs me to work out of it.”

“Sorry, girls,” Applejack said, shaking her head. “Ah realize this is a bit sudden, but it is urgent.”

“Indeed,” Rarity said, then sighed. “It’s to do with Stellar.”

“Don’t tell me that Tiara kid’s still picking on her,” Dash said, her eyes narrowing. “I swear, if she hurts that filly one more time, I’m gonna—”

“Let her father handle it,” Twilight cut her off. “We can’t just go doing whatever we want to her, Dash. I care about Stellar too... even if she doesn't want anything to do with the rest of us right now."


The room fell silent for a while as each before felt the sadnnes of knowing the little filly they'd all come to care for as family still felt too hurt to even talk to any of them when they tried to visit her and she was awake.

After some time, Twilight cleared her throat as she wiped her eyes. " Anyway, I won’t defend that brat for how she’s treated Stellar either, but we can’t just go after some other filly for hurting her. We need to approach this carefully.”

“Well, while Diamond Tiara may have caused her suffering with how she kept making it hard for Stellar to feel normal by treating her as if she were Nightmare Moon, she is not the reason Stellar is involved in this particular instance,” Rarity said, bringing the conversation back to where it was meant to be headed.

“Oh, right,” Twilight blushed a little, realizing just how far they’d veered off the topic at hoof. “Sorry, girls. Go on.”

Rarity cleared her throat. “Well, you girls might not know this, but Applejack and I... Well, we’ve sort of become... uh...”

“You’re dating?” Dash smirked.

Applejack seemed to choke on thin air and Rarity’s mouth dropped open in a very unladylike manner.

Dash’s smirk just grew. “We’ve all known for a month. Frankly, we’ve been waiting for you to come out with it.”

“You... you knew?!” Rarity asked, flabbergasted. "How?"

Fluttershy gave a small blush. “Well, actually, it was some of my animals that found out. They told me and I... might’ve... accidentally let it slip to the others.”

“I... well...” Rarity glanced at the farm mare, who looked back at her with the same dumbfounded expression.

“So, what were you going to say after that, girls?” Twilight asked, trying to suppress a chuckle. "Or is that all?"

For a moment, Rarity looked like she was going to say something to the Alicorn, but Applejack put a hoof on her shoulder and shook her head.

Rarity sighed. “Right. The reason we’re here is more important. Well,” she looked around at the other mares, “a few days ago, Applejack and I were spending some time together at Sweet Apple Acres—”

“Rolling around in the hay, I bet,” Dash snickered.

“— and the crusaders,” she continued as if Dash hadn’t interrupted, “came by and told us something... well, they said that... um...”

They all leaned in when Rarity’s face went an even darker shade of red.

“What? They catch you two in the act or something?” Dash joked, but when neither mare met her eyes, her jaw dropped. “They didn’t?!”

“Well, yes an’ no,” Applejack said, putting a foreleg around the unicorn. “Sweetie saw us, but she only saw Rarity lyin’ atop o’ me an’ us kissin’..." then muttered, "luckily.”

“So, what did they tell you that’s got Rarity redder than your brother?” Twilight asked, nodding her head to the mare Applejack was holding.

Applejack gulped. “They told us somethin’ that sounds right, but...”

“Is this about us all being related to Stellar because she’s got our blood inside of her, thanks to that spell Moonie used to make the body?” Pinkie asked.

Dash choked on thin air, Fluttershy eeped and Applejack and Rarity blushed.

Twilight, however, just frowned. “How’d you find out, Pink—?” she began to ask, before shaking her head. “Look who I’m asking. You probably figured it out with your Pinkie Sense, right?”

“Nope,” the pink mare shook her head, giving a calm smile. “I overheard the crusaders talking about it with Silver Spoon at Sugar Cube Corner yesterday!”

“Wait a minute!” Dash turned to Twilight, pointing an accusing hoof at her. “You knew it, all this time, and didn’t say anything?”

Twilight cocked an eyebrow at her, then shrugged. “I thought it was obvious to all of us. I mean, Princess Luna explained how our blood was used in the spell to give Stellar her form. I assumed you all realized it too.”

Dash deadpanned. “Twi, not all of us are eggheads, like you. How were we meant to realize that and at that time?”

The Alicorn looked a little offended by the egghead part, but just shrugged again.

“Wait, what does that make us to her?” Dash asked, her deadpan being replaced with confusion. “Are we all her mothers too, along with Luna?” Her face paled. "I'm a mom?"

Twilight shook her head. “I’ve spoken with Luna about it. I think it’s more accurate to think of us as her big sisters, rather than her mothers.”

“Oh, my,” Fluttershy gave a warm smile. “I’ve always wanted a little sister. Now I have one.”

“Heh, now Scoots has three awesome sisters,” Dash grinned as her colour returned, puffing out her chest.

“Shining was very surprised to learn he’s got another little sister,” Twilight smiled. “And my parents were overjoyed, if a little confused. And Cadance loves the idea that she can once again cuddle with a little filly.”

“Ooh, Pinkamena’s going to be so happy when I tell her!” Pinkie bounced up into the air. “I mean, I thought it meant we were cousins and she’s already happy that she’s got me, Maud, Limestone and Marble for sisters, Applejack and all her family for cousins and now she gets her own little sister! This is going to be the best party ever!”

“Don’t any of you understand?!” Rarity shouted, causing them all to turn their attention back to her and AJ. “If we’re all her big sisters, that means, by default, we’re all sister to each other!”

The other four glanced at each, then Dash looked to the seamstress, an eye cocked. “Uh, yeah, Rare, we got that. But, why’re you making it sound like a bad thing?"

“Yeah?” Pinkie said, looking just as confused and a tiny bit angry. “You’re closer to Stellar than any of us. I’d have thought learning she was really your sister would’ve made you happy, not angry.”

“If we’re all sister, that means Applejack and I are sisters!” Rarity shouted, a bit of her mane coming undone.

The four mares glanced at each other, still confused as to what was upsetting the unicorn.

Applejack smacked herself with a hoof. “We’re sisters an’ we’re datin’!”

The others all stood there for several moments, processing what she’d said, before their eyes widened a little in understanding, before Twilight chuckled.

“And just what do you find about this situation that is so amusing, Twilight?” Rarity snapped, glaring at the purple mare. “I love Applejack more than anything in the world. But our love can’t be now, because,” she made an unpleasant expression “that’s just... eww.”

Twilight shook her head. “Even if being related to Stellar makes us all sister, we’re more like half-sister to each other. And, while courtship between direct siblings is frowned upon, courtship between siblings with a few distances between them is perfectly fine.”

“Wait, so... we’re okay?” AJ asked, her farming mind not quite understanding everything Twilight had said, what with all the other stuff whirling through her head at the time.

Twilight nodded. “You two aren’t doing anything wrong with loving each other, trust me.”

“Are... are ya sure, Twi?” Applejack asked, her grip on Rarity tightening slightly. “Ah... Ah wouldn’ wanna make Rare do anythin’ bad. An' Granny made it pretty clear to Big Mac an' me when we first starting noticin' others like that, that incest weren't right.”

Twilight shook her head. “No. I’ll ask the princess, but I’m certain it’s fine.”

Applejack and Rarity still looked unsure, but Pinkie leapt between them, wrapping a foreleg around each of them shouting happily, “Now let’s get that party ready!”

“Um, what party would that be, exactly, dear?” Rarity asked uncertainly.

“The Stellar, You’re Related to All Our Families party, duh,” Pinkie said matter-of-factly.

Dash shook her head. “And what a crazy family it is.”

___________________________________________________________

A knock on my door made me look up, thinking maybe Mama was back already. Instead, I saw somepony who that I didn't expect. The crusaders and Silver Spoon were standing there, but, in front of them, looking like she'd been crying, was Diamond Tiara.

We just stared, my eyes wide as I took in a Diamond Tiara I'd never seen before.

Suddenly, Diamond ran forward and, before I could do anything wrapped her forelegs around me, taking me by surprise.

“I’m so, so sorry,” she said, her hoarse voice barely a whisper. “It’s all my fault. I’m sorry I caused what happened to you. It's my fault. I'm so sorry!”

Tiara winced as her hooves brushed where my wings were still growing back and when she pulled back; the sadness in her eyes broke my heart. It looked like she’d been through Tartarus and back, seeing only the sadness throughout the world’s history.

She winced again as her eyes fell on where my horn was still regrowing.

I pulled her back into a hug, holding her firmly. It was all she needed to fall into fits of sobs again. I just held her, letting her cry it all out.

I somehow knew now that things would be better. Maybe Diamond and I could even be friends now. It might take a little time for her to get comfortable around me and the crusaders, but it was possible now.

I had a sneaking suspicion that Mama had something to do with this, though. I would ask her about it when she got back from Canterlot, but for now, I had a possible new friend to comfort and let know that she was forgiven.

Once Diamond had calmed down, I looked to the others. "Tell me what happened."

___________________________________________________________

Silver Spoon knocked on the door to Diamond Tiara’s family mansion.

Scootaloo couldn’t help wondering, just like the last time she and the other crusaders had been here, just how much money Diamond's father spent of just making the front of the house look nice, let alone the costs for everything else.

A few moments later, the door opened to show an elderly stallion wearing a butler’s uniform. “Yes?” he asked, looking to each of them, his eyes showing recognition as they fell on Silver.

“We came to see why Diamond didn’t come to school the last few days,” Silver said and the crusaders could hear the worry in her voice clearly. “Is she sick?”

The butler looked at Silver for several moments, before closing his eyes as he stepped aside. “Please come in, ladies. I will go get Mr. Rich to speak with you. Just wait one moment.”

“Ever notice how everypony says that, then take ages?” Scootaloo commented as Silver Spoon led them over to a large couch and they sat down.

“I hope everything’s okay,” Silver murmured, looking down at her hooves.


“Mr. Rich is here.” They all jumped at the sound of the butler’s voice and turned to see Filthy Rich walking towards them.

They all saw the worried look in his eyes.

“Mr. Rich!” Silver leaped from the couch and hurried up to him. “Where’s Diamond? How come she hasn't been at school in days? Is she sick? Did you send her away for how she what happened to Stellar? Please tell me you didn’t send her away!” Her eyes were pleading and full of tears.

“Easy! Easy, Silver Spoon,” Rich said, putting his forehooves on Silver’s shoulders. “Don’t worry. I haven’t sent Diamond away.” His face fell a little, matching his eyes.

“Sumethin’ bad happened, didn’ it?”

They all turned to Apple Bloom. She had a sad look on her face.

Rich sighed and nodded. “Silver, sit down. There’s... something you need to know.”

SEVERAL DAYS AGO

Filthy Rich sighed as he sat in his armchair and looked over the morning paper, a cup of coffee resting on the tabletop beside him.

The news was still the same as always , with very little interesting things catching his attentionaside from word on Princess Stellar's rate of recovery... until he noticed something small mentioning him.

She knows now was all it said, with his name directly underneath.

Rich frowned. She knows now? What the heck was that suppose to mean.

“Tiara!” he called. “It’ll be late soon and you’ve got school today.”

After a few moments he heard the sound of his daughter’s hooves clopping on the floor upstairs, then coming down the stairs.

She was moving slowly, not unusual on a school morning... but there was something else about her hoofsteps that sounded... different.

“Daddy?”

Rich lowered his paper, expecting to hear another of his daughter’s complaints about having to go to school, as it was every morning— but froze when he saw her.

Diamond was standing before him, a look of utter sadness mixed with empathy and many others. It was a look he’d never seen in her eyes before.

“I... I remember,” she said, almost a sob.

Rich blinked, not understanding. She remembers? She remembers what? What could she...?

Suddenly, the words from the paper returned to him. She knows now.


It clicked, his eyes widened and she gave a sad nod.

Rich put his paper down and held out her forelegs. Diamond ran towards him and jumped into his waiting embrace, sobbing into his coat.

“It’s okay, Diamond. It’s okay,” he said soothingly, trying to hush the distraught filly.

“I—I—I—I— I’m so, so sorry, Dadd-y!” she wailed, her body shaking like a leaf, her sobbing making it hard for her to breathe.

Rich held his daughter, continuing to hush her. He had always wondered if her memories would someday come back and it seemed today was the day.

Whoever had put those words in the paper had also known. His fears made him think for a moment that maybe it was her grandparents, before reason returned to his mind, telling him it was most likely Princess Luna, the only pony he knew who could visit the dreams of others.

It was the only way he could explain Diamond spontaneously remembering everything from her past, the past she hadn’t needed to worry about for so long.

NOW

The four fillies stared at Rich wide-eyed after he explained what had happened all those days ago and then explained to them Diamond’s past, a past none of them could’ve ever guessed she’d had, not in a million years.

“She’s currently resting,” Rich said, looking up at the ceiling. “She's been to see a psychiatrist every day since. It... wasn’t easy for her.”

"And... how's yer ex-wife takin' it?" Apple Bloom asked cautiously.

The stallion scowled, looking away. "That witch? She'll soon be rotting in the Canterlot dungeons."

The four fillies' eyes widened.

"For what she did to Diamond?" Sweetie Belle gaped.

He shook his head. "Princess Luna found out my former wife was involved with that group that foalnapped the princess." They all gasped, but he went on. "In fact, she was the one who gave them the information that Princess Stellar would be in Canterlot on Hearth's Warming. I'm just glad that witch can't infect my Diamond's mind anymore."

Since rang for several moments.

“Can... can I see her?” Silver asked after some time.

Rich gave a sad shake of the head. “Maybe tomorrow, girls. For now, Diamond needs her rest and—”

“Silvy?”

The croaky voice made them all turn. Standing at the top of the stairs, still wearing a pink nightgown, with bags under her eyes, was Diamond Tiara.

However, this was not a Diamond Tiara any of them had ever seen before. She held none of the air of superiority you could smell. Instead, she seemed like a weak, lost child.

In her eyes they saw none of the scorn or malice the crusaders and other fillies and colts had seen since their first meeting with the pink filly. Instead, they just saw uncertainty and longing, mixed with sadness.

Silver slowly got up off the couch. “Dia?”

They stood for several moments, just looking at each other. Then, faster than any of them would’ve expected, they rushed towards each other, meeting at the foot of the stairs.

They held each other, crying rivers.

“I’m so, so sorry, Silvy!” Diamond sobbed as she held onto her friend. “I’m sorry I was so horrible, that I made you go along with all those things I did. You’re the best friend I could’ve ever ask for and don’t derseve. I’m so sorry!”

“I was so worried about you, Dia,” Silver sobbed right back. “When you didn’t come to school I thought it was nothing. But, when you still weren't at school for all these days, I thought something bad might have happened. Oh, Dia, I’m so glad you’re okay!”

The crusaders all watched for several minutes as the two of them cried everything out. When they finally finished ten minutes later, Silver led Diamond over.

She saw them, then looked down, shame and grief practically forcing itself onto her face.

They all waited for several moments as silence fell. After the silence became too much, Diamond spoke. "I'm... sorry, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo... for everything."

___________________________________________________________

"After she'd apologized, we asked if she wan'ed to apologize t' you too," Apple Bloom said.

She and the others had taken turns telling me the story, all the while I held a sobbing Diamond Tiara with my forelegs.

"She said "yes"," Scootaloo said, none of her usual attitude in her voice. She gave weak smirk and nodded her head at Diamond. "Bet you didn't know, huh?" she joked weakly.

I nodded, closing my eyes, a smile on my face. Things were definitely going to be better from now on.

Author's Note:

Took a quick read through this chapter and i didn't see too much that i needed to change, so here's chapter 24 right on the heels of the 23.

Now i can focus on the Mane 6 redeeming themselves in Stellar's eyes and Stellar trying to find it in herself to look past all the hurt and forgive them.


Again, i want to hear ideas from all of you on how they can try and get back on good terms with Stellar so that she trusts them again. The story can't move on without that.