• Published 15th Oct 2014
  • 1,440 Views, 54 Comments

Flash's Demon - Nicktendonick



When rookie royal guard Flash Senty becomes the night guard to the prison of a fearsome demon he soon finds his life turned upside down. Can Flash find the keys to his own salvation, or will this demon be his undoing, as it has for so many others?

  • ...
11
 54
 1,440

Chapter 8 - When there’s smoke...

Chapter 8 - When there’s smoke...

Flash awoke. The stallion’s wings spread out wide as his body stirred awake with the force of a lighting bolt. He nearly shouted as his mind came to.

The stallion rolled on his haunches, now awake and of mind, and took a deep breath. He stretched his legs and gave out a yawn.

Flash felt good.

“I needed that,” he muttered to himself as he stretched. Forelegs, hindlegs, and then wings. Everything felt fine. In fact, Flash better than he had in weeks. He felt like he could fly higher than the——

“Wait, wings?”

He looked at his right wing, and saw the case to hold the previously broken wing was gone. Because the wing wasn’t broken anymore.

“...did she really heal my wings?”

He stretched his wings out and inspected them. There wasn’t a single scratch on them; not a bruise, not anything.

She did…I guess, she really wasn’t lying to me after all, he thought.

His mind then responded to that. Well, yea... for that, she was telling the truth, but you know, it’s just that. Come on, we know she probably lied about everything else. She’s a demon—screw that, she’s been holding us hostage and been messing with us since we came here. Flash, do you really expect to a girl like that is trustworthy? No, no you don’t.

Flash folded up his wings. “You don’t believe a girl like that, even if she’s a looker.”

Especially if she’s a looker. They’re the most deceptive ones...

Flash would have kept the conversation running in his head going, but a new voice in the room put an end to that.

“Oh, you think I’m a looker? Oh Flash, you’re making me blush.”

Oh crap it’s her, he thought to himself.

“I’m so happy to see you’re awake!”

“You’re early,” Flash responded.

She giggled. “Oh Flash, don’t you know what time it is? It’s about sunset. You Flash, have been sleeping all day.”

“What?”

Flash looked at the clock, and saw the truth for himself. The hour hand of the clock was pretty far.

“Well, our healing magic can do a number on a pony,” she said. "Stupid shiny won’t give us any magical tomes on how to properly heal wounds with magic. He claims we’ll pervert them or something. So, we had to make do with a home-school job, which really tires out all parties involved. We do hope you sleep well.”

“I might have, but why does a centuries-old demon who prides herself on her magic not know how to heal herself?”

She giggled again. “We knew you’d see right through that. Good job. We were halfway afraid that you’d just accept that. It’s always important to question the things you know as true,” said the deceptive demon. With that, she then explained the actual reason. “Anyway to tell you what really happened, we kept you asleep while we finished fixing your wing. We could have healed you perfectly at any time, but if we did, you would have suspected that we weren’t the mare you thought we were. Figuring you knew now, we decided to keep you asleep while we finished mending your broken bones. We do hope you enjoyed your lazy sunday afternoon.”

Flash sighed. He knew, he knew he had to say it. He spoke, “Laplace, thank you for healing my wing.” Granted, you were the reason why it broke, but I can’t really complain to my captor about that now can I?

Laplace seized the moment and hugged Flash. His cheeks flushed as she hugged him tight. “Oh Flash! Thank you!”

Sniff.

The hug suddenly went rigid.

Sniff sniff.

“You smell.”

Flash indeed did.

“That’s what happens when you keep somepony locked in a room for a few days.”

The mare backed off. Flash noticed Laplace’s instinctive sniff on her own coat, seeing if the ‘contagion’ spread to her own. A frown told him that she would be reaching for the soap first chance she got.

Embarrassed, she squeaked. “Heh-heh… oops.”

Flash, though, took it in stride. “I’ve been in worse.”

“Worse?”

The demon’s mind went pondering what it could be.

“You say it like that, now we feel like we want to know.”

Flash shook his head. “You don’t want to know.”

Laplace chuckled a little bit. “Come on, how bad could it be?”


“Hey, Flash, about time you clocked in kid. Listen, the manager needs you to clean the bathroom.”

“What’s the urgency? Didn’t we just open?”

“We did, and you’re the only pegasus on shift this morning.”

“Why do you need a pegasus, shouldn’t it be clean already? All I saw was one guy in there. He seemed to be in quite a rush to get out.”

“——And also to get in.”

“What?”

“Na, nothing.... just get something on your hooves, or um, just don’t land.”



The teenage grocery store clerk grabbed a what he needed and proceed into the restroom, unaware of what awaited…

“Alright, let’s see what’s the—— OH SWEET CELESTIA!”


“Really,” Flash deadpanned, “you don’t wanna know.”

The mare pouted, her way not got. She took a step ahead of Flash, her instincts driving her to learn this forbidden knowledge.

“Oh come—” Until she remembered what happened the last time she did. She silenced herself and stepped back. She knew pressing was a bad idea. The mare sighed. “If you say so…”

Laplace quickly moved to change the subject. “Anyway, let me change that uncleanness. You can use my shower!” she said like an excited filly. “Then you can get all nice and squeaky clean.”

“You have a shower?” Well, I suppose she has to. She actually hasn’t smelled at all this whole time… in fact… she smells like lavender. It’s really, really nice—Flash’s train of thought skidded to a hault.

“Yes ,we do,” said the lavender-smelling demon, nodding cheerfully. “It’s in the master bedroom.”

“You have a master bedroom?”

“Where the heck do you think we sleep? In our lab? We have our own bedroom here.”

“You have a lab?”

She sighed.

“Wait, no,” Flash corrected himself. “You mentioned that before. Last place I’d expect one though.”

“What, we don’t look like the learning type?” said the demonic equine.

Flash looked, and shook his head. “I can’t really see you in a lab jacket.”

“That’s because we don’t have one. Stupid Shiny won’t let us have one.”

With that, Laplace pushed open the double doors. “We’re dilly-dallying, the day’s almost over. Follow me, let me show you…”


“...my master bedroom!” Laplace pushed opened the double doors, revealing to Flash a extravagant room. Unlike the floor in the main library, this floor was all carpeted, and very plush at that. And unlike his ‘holding cell’ Laplace’s master bedroom was not another room full of books, but an actual room. She had a dresser, with makeup that seemed to have been recently used and a drawer open. There was one chair with a light, Flash couldn’t tell what it was, but the pentagram on the book and the scroll next to it, he’d guess it was something magic. The bed was large and extravagant, filled with large puffy pillows, a comforter, and a bedsheet, all the color of most other things in the bedroom, lavender.

Flash saw a single bookshelf, his eyes scanned the titles. They were a random collection of books, ranging from ‘A History of Equestrian Prehistory’, a Daring Doo novel, ‘The Nightmare War and The Great Sun’, a political thriller, an erotic hippogriff novel, ‘Advanced Linear Algebra: Eighth Edition by Brain Masters and Smarty Glasses’, and—

A college textbook? He wondered. She has a college book? Flash looked next to it, there was more educational textbooks, all subjects of a skill level that dwarfed his own. Economics, Advanced Magical theory 3, Advanced Physics 2... Wow, she’s got a lot of advanced textbooks...wait, is that… my book?

Despite the genius of those books, it was the next book that caught his eye the most, the book with its authors’ names scribbled out. It was a book he couldn’t have not recognized, the names burned into his brain by the sheer amount of times he had to read it.

‘No Need For Fear: The Life and Biology Of The Equestrian Changeling by Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Seymour Guise.’

She has that book? Seems like she wanted to know about changelings. Pity for her that Equestria’s greatest expert on changelings is the mare she hates the most. How could she hate Princess Cadance though? She’s… she’s wonderful, beautiful, how could you not love her?

Flash sounded a click as the answer easily came to him.

Answer: she’s a demon. Demons don’t love. They’re just psychos.

He turned to see said demon.

Really, really hot psychos. Why can’t you be ugly? It’d make this so much easier. Just be polite, be calm, and don’t piss her off, and whatever you do don’t bring up Cadance.

“Enjoying our reading list?” she said with a flirtatious smile. “Just to let you know, we have more. If you’re interested...”

“I’ll. uh… pass.”

“Pity, we would have loved for you to spread our books wide open.” The smile grew wide

The innuendo struck Flash like a arrow. It’s not her, it’s not her, it’s just you being a pervert, Flash tried to tell himself, mentally swatting his indecent thoughts away.

“Let us show you our bathroom, you can get all squeaky clean in there.” Flash watched as Laplace then happily walked away from him towards the single door in the room, her sexy tail swinging side by side and her lovely flanks—Flash turned away, he could feel the blood pumping into his wings. Finding refuge in a bathroom couldn’t come fast enough.

“Uh, just a shower, would be great right now, thanks,” he said.

“Yes,” she said, nodding too slowly, “you do. Go stop being smelly. We won’t disturb you.”

Flash looked at her, and instead of saying anything, decided to take his leave. Laplace wrapped her magic around the bathroom door and opened it.

“Now go get clean, and then you can use my bed. As they say, ‘mi casa es su casa’. Should be nicer than sleeping on the floor, right?”

“Really?” There’s probably some sort of trap, or something, but I get to sleep in this girl’s bed… and that looks like a really nice bed.

“Yea,” Laplace continued. “We figure you ought to be comfortable. It’s a really nice bed after all. Heck, we might join ya if we’re feeling tired, ourselves.” Laplace giggled. “We wonder how’d that go...”


Flash lay snug in the bed of the Demon of Canterlot.

“Hmm… She was right, this is a really nice bed.”

The stallion closed his eyes, sleep starting to take him.

“Hello, handsome.”

Flash felt soft hooves land on him, and he knew without looking that a mare’s hooves pinned his legs down. The pressure against his back rose as she rolled on top of him, her full body weight bearing down across his back. A nip at his ears sent his wings struggling. His eyes opened and he turned to Laplace, her smoldering eyes fixed on him.

“You’re not as soft as the mattress anymore,” she said. “I demand a refund.”

With a move from training, he pulled a foreleg free, hooked it around her soft neck, and in a whorl of limbs came out on top of her, positions reversed. She struggled against his mass with delightful, strained moans to no avail.

“But you like me more than the mattress, don’t you?” Flash said back. “You know, there’s a lot I can do from up here…” He leaned in and their lips met. He could smell her lavender scent, her fresh breath against his muzzle. They pulled away and she kissed his neck, he kissed hers back. Kisses became nibbles, nibbles turned back into kisses…

“Make a mare out of me Flash… make me yours...”


Flash mentally slapped himself back to reality and darted inside the bathroom, turning sideways to slide his expanding wingspan inside the restroom. The rest of Flash’s body followed, and the pony was out sight.

All Laplace could do was giggle at the amusing—and alluring—sight.

Oh, we got him good… that was funny.
He has some pretty wings...
...And don’t forget how big they are too...

From the other side of the bathroom door, “Um, uh, thank you Laplace. I’ll be taking my bath now.”

“You’re welcome…”

Laplace chuckled as she turned to leave the bedroom, a smile on her face all the way out.

“...master.”


As soon as the double doors to her room closed, Laplace skipped with joy.

“Yes!” she said to herself.

Everything had gone according to plan. The spell had worked perfectly. He didn’t know!

He didn’t even have a clue about what happened last night! He didn’t even realize we forged a contract, and with how we erased his memory. When they check him out, Stupid Shiny won’t even notice, either… until Flash frees us, that is.

With that, Laplace’s horn lit up and her eyes shined red. The demon sunk her forehooves into the ground below her, seeping into the floor. Phasing through the library, she made her way to her destination.

“I think we ought to reward ourselves.”

Laplace pulled herself out of the ground at her destination.

“Yes, yes we should,” Laplace said, pushing open the doors to her lab.

Tables with glass tubs, substances, and boxed materials all were scattered around. In the right corner was a long mobile blackboard, filled with complex scribblings of science and magical theories. On the left corner, were four stone statues of ponies. One of them had a apron sloppily thrown on it, another goggles dangling from an extended hoof, and a pair of stone statues lying on the ground with a smaller blackboard on it. All four statues bore the armor of the equestrian royal guards.

Levitating it with her magic, she pulled a apron off the stone statue, one of a unicorn mare in, with a look of fear or shock on her face.

“Hey, thanks again June,” she said to the statue. “And thanks for letting us borrow your ex-boyfriend. We know you don’t mind. Well, it’s not like you had a choice... you’re a statue,.”

She reached out and stretched her forehooves, “What do we say we get some science done, eh?”


“Damn it…” Laplace told herself, staring at the beaker, nothing bubbling as she expected. Her magic settled the beaker down, jotting down the results of her experiment.

“Another half-assed corrosive acid…” she muttered to herself, picking up the beaker with her magic again, and disposing of the acid inside.

Her experiment done, she took off her gear, and placed it all back on the petrified royal guards she had captured, and plopped backside on a small cot in the room in defeat.

“Still can’t make anything good enough to melt those damn bars…” She lamented. “Oh well, don’t worry about it. We’ll be getting out of here soon enough. Flash will do it for us. We won’t need any plan Bs when Flash does what we say.”

She scratched her head with a hoof. When it wasn’t effective enough, Laplace’s forehoof became red, and with a flash of magic, changed from a pony’s hoof to a dragon-like claw. Much better for scratching. Much, much better.

Oooh, my claw feels so good...

She closed her eyes enjoying the scratching. For a whole minute, her brain went numb as she scratched her coat all over her body with her transformed leg.

Yea, Flash would love this. We should surprise him and do this to him, after a shower, this would be heaven... Where is he by the way?

Taking a moment to stop scratching, she focused, slowly feeling the connection between master and servant, and within a moment, she could feel how far away she was to him.

So we can tell where our master is. That sounds, useful. Could he...? Nah, if he doesn’t even know of the contract, then he couldn’t.

Laplace bit her lip and thought.

He’s still in the bedroom. Suppose he must be really taking up that offer of our bed. At least he hasn’t realized we didn’t lock it. Whatever, it’s not like it matters. As long as that barrier’s up, neither one of us are getting out of here. Plus, we’ll catch him before the guards notice he’s outside the barrier screaming for help. That, or he’s still in our bathroom. But he’s a soldier, and soldiers take quick showers. That and I mean what the heck could be be doing in my bathroom that’d take so long?

She looked at the clock in the room, and saw how long she had left her captive alone. She sighed.

We need to go see him...
We’ve left him alone too long. We should check and make sure everything’s fine.

Scratching done, Laplace’s left forehoof turned back to normal with another flicker of light.

We can have some fun with him when we see him again. We could flirt with him some more? He gets so flustered so easily.
It’s so much fun to watch.
And he, himself… quite easy on the eyes. He’s no Shining Armor, though. That’s a stallion that can’t be beat.
No sir, not at all!

“Hmmm…” she said. “Alright, so we need to get up then.”

We could, or we could just teleport right there to him. Ohh… heh, that’d be a really cool surprise. He’d find it really cool, being surprised by my random appearance. Also it’d make him think we can appear anywhere. That would help, especially if he starts thinking bad about us again.

You know what... screw it. Teleport it is.

Laplace gathered the magic around her with her horn. “Teleport!” she shouted, before vanishing from her lab in a great white flash, whisking herself away to her bedroom.

Or at least, she thought she was.


All things being equal, the teleportation spell would have sent Laplace to her master bedroom, if, and only if, Flash had indeed been in her bedroom… settled onto the bed, sleeping, for instance. As fate would have it, Flash was not on the mattress, sleeping or otherwise, and quite fully somewhere else entirely.

If one were, however, resting within the bedroom and whose eyes were not fully closed and perchance within viewing angle of the door to the bathroom, they would have noticed a flash of light from within.

Immediately thereafter, they would have been roused fully to wakefulness by the shouts that followed.

“Hello Flash—OHMYGOSH!”

“HOLY-CRAP!”

The sound of something large falling into the filled bathtub joined the raised voices.

“Crapcrapcrap—”

“Wow, you’re—”

“GET OUT!”

There was the sound of grunts, scuffling, mayhem, and a sliding shower door, followed by the bathroom door bursting open and a soaked white mare flush with embarrassment dashing out and slamming the door shut behind her

Laplace leaned against the wall, panting.

Big, she thought. So big….

Her mind processed the situation slowly, punctuated with the occasional guilty splashes of water. It took a moment before words occurred to her again.

“What, uh… W-what the heck were you doing in my bathroom?!”

“I...I um, I don’t want to talk about it! I thought you were giving me some privacy?”

“I did! I thought you were done! How were you in there for that long? Were you doing that the whole time?”

“Na-No! Of course not! I was I - I was preening! It’s been awhile since I have.”

“Preening?”

“Cleaning my feathers. I haven’t preened my wings in a while.”

Didn’t look like you were cleaning your feathers to us...

“Why the heck did you teleport right on me? Couldn't you have walked here? Or knocked?"

“We uhh… um...

Um...maybe we shouldn’t sleep with him.
This… probably will happen again…
Yea...yea…

“Hey, um, Flash? Well, you can uh, have the room um, to yourself… you can go and well, sleep in my bed tonight. I have a cot in my lab, I’ll uh, sleep uh… there and we promise we won’t disturb you until morning. You uh, have-a-good-night-bye.”

She didn’t even wait for an answer.


As soon as the doors to her bedroom closed and locked, Laplace shook her head, turned back, and realized what she had just done.

“What were you thinking?!” She shouted to herself.

She had just done the opposite of what she wanted. Tonight was suppose the first night of master and servant, of her getting a chance to be herself and spend the night with a good-looking stallion. Shining Armor would definitely be ready with his list of demands any time now, if he wasn’t there already. She realized her time with Flash was nearing it’s end, and that she had just instinctively lost a good chunk of the time she did have left with him.

“We gotta go back!” She told herself.
“But we promised Flash we’d leave him alone.”

She groaned in frustration as she ran her hooves through her mane.

“Damn it…”
“Do we really need to keep our promises with him?”
“Well, if we want him to free us, he needs to think we’ll keep our word…”
“I can’t believe this…”
“We screwed up...”
“...Big time.”

Laplace stood on her forelegs, and sighed again, leaning back floating into the air, as if she was sitting in a recliner.

“Ok...think, girl, think. Shining should be here any moment with the demands, clearly he’s not here and something’s keeping him, but that’s not a problem. We want to spend more time with Flash, and we kinda made that a problem, too. Ok…think…”

“Oh, that is a good plan. Ok, put a sign next to the cell saying we’ll have to postpone. He usually gets things much faster than this, and if Shining’s clearly having trouble, this is win-win.”

Laplace smiled, and hopped off her imaginary recliner, landing back on all four hooves.

She yawned. “Ok, that sounds like a plan. Then we can get some sleep, and maybe another experiment before we go to bed… that… doesn’t sound too bad. Not as good as snuggling with Flash… but good enough.”

She turned to her master bedroom’s double doors.

“We know you’ll be sleeping well tonight Flash. Tomorrow's gonna be a great day for us, we’ll see you then.
“Sweet Dreams.”

And indeed, Flash did.


Flash slept peacefully in the bed of a demon, his mind aflutter with dreams… until...

Sniff.

Flash’s eyes bolted open.

Sniff sniff.

Flash could smell something, something his brain was trying to wake him to remember.

“Is that…”

Sniff sniff.

Smoke!

Flash got out of the bed immediately, and saw the smoke seeping through the cracks. His ears swiveled, and he could hear the crackles of fire.

The Demon’s library was in flames.

There was only one thought, and only one action to take. Flash flipped the locks and heaved the double doors open.

It was time to go.

Chapter 8 - When there’s smoke… - End

Author's Note:

Hey there! I Wanted to give a shoutout to Kwirky J, FrontStevens, and Calico for all the help for this chapter. Couldn't have gotten this stuff done without you guys there to help me out and make this even better.

See you guys next update!

PS- The bathroom thing, true story, and you don't wanna know. Luckily, my bosses kinda understood what they were sending me into, and gave me a free sub after I finished (took me over an hour to clean), so all's well that ends well. Sometimes, real life gives us the craziest stories to tell.