• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 7,936 Views, 331 Comments

Mr. Disc - CrackedInkWell



Mr. Disc, the rehired art teacher for Canterlot High had an argument with a student when he get's pushed into the portal and into Equestria. Dazed and completely confused, he tries to figure out why every living things is afraid of him.

  • ...
22
 331
 7,936

7: Of Pony Confrontation, Self Break-up, and Teaching

Author's Note:

I know it's been a few days and all, and I'm very sorry for that.:fluttershyouch:

So, here's a new chapter, hope it's anything good.:pinkiesad2:

Oh, the noise, noise, noise, noise, noise! The talking, the complaining, the whining, the accusing accusations from these ponies makes me want to welcome becoming deaf. By now, I and the other me along with the purple princess have been trying for the past two minutes, trying to get the town’s attention right in front of town hall. Two minutes to calm all these ponies that were losing their minds more often at every second then all the inmates had in a month at the hospital.

And the noise they were making is nearly enough to drive me mad.

What happened next shook me to the very core. I don’t know exactly what possessed me to do so; all I did with my lion paw was make the universal symbol of a gun and imaging it going off. Then all of us heard a really loud "KA-BANG!!!" that ring throughout the town, silencing everyone.

It was so unexpected that I think I’ve probably jumped a good thirty feet up in the air over it. At that moment, I was glad for the wings to lower me gently to the ground next to me.

“Um, sorry,” I said.

“What?” The other me asked loudly, putting the bird claw into his ears.

“I didn’t expect that,” I said a little louder.

"WHAT?!" The whole town cried.

(Sigh) This’ll take a while.

_*_

Give or take forty-five minutes later, the town got its hearing back.

“Okay, can everypony hear us now?” the purple princess asked and the town nodded. “I know that everyone here is confused at the recent events that have been unfolded. But I want to reassure all of you that none of you have anything to be afraid of.”

“There are two Discords here, isn’t that a reason enough?!” Someone shouted. There was more noise coming from them.

“Have any of you stopped to think why there are two Discords, to begin with?” She asked.

“This is Discord we’re talking about, does he have to have a reason?” Another pony shouted.

“Okay,” I spoke up. “What do I need to know to convince all of you that I’m not the boogieman here, hum?” And for once, there was sweet silence. “Look, I don’t know about him,” I pointed to the other me. “And I don’t know exactly why everybody here is scared stiff of me, but don’t you suppose that I’m not really that big of a monster? For sanity's sake, I’m a teacher for crying out loud.” This for some reason got everyone laughing, even princess purple.

“I fail to see what’s so funny,” I spoke over their laughter.

“Your joking right?” I pinpointed the voice that was coming from a pony that eerily looked like the student who pushed me into this place, to begin with. I kept my most serious face on me, not even blinking until he realizes that I wasn’t kidding around. “You can’t be serious, right?”

“Why yes. Yes, I am being serious. As I’ve said, I don’t know what the other me has done here, but as a teacher, it would be unthinkable to harm my students without cause. Now I’ll ask again, what do I need to do to convince all of you that I’m not a monster?”

“For starters,” someone said. “How do we tell the two of you apart?”

“I have an idea!” The purple thing said, suddenly her horn glowed a bright purple. Then I felt something grabbing tightly on the end of my tail. I looked down to find a golden band around it. “I’ve put a very powerful spell on that ring that only I can take it off.” She said proudly, “It’s so powerful that not even your most chaotic of spells can break it.”

The other me seemed skeptical and reached over for the band when his lion paw touched it, he got burned by it. “AHH!” He screamed in pain. A pack of ice popped into existence onto the burned paw. “That really hurt!”

“As I said, only I can take it off.” The purple thing said with a sadistic grin, “Now we can tell who’s who.” She turned to me, “If you’re really from that human world, I take it that you’re reformed as well?”

“If you mean sane enough to work then I suppose. After all, I still have these.” I reached into my pocket to pull out the pills.

“What is that?” The other me leaned over, snatching the bottle of pills from me.

“Those are mine,” I tried to get the bottle back but he opened it, took a sniff at it.

He gaged.

“Sweet deep-fried-piece-of-Luna’s-moon-dust-covered-flank what was that!?”

“My medicine, give it back.” I stitched but he kept the pills out of reach.

“This is medicine! It smells awful.”

“It keeps me sane.”

“Oh, that explains it.”

“Give it back!” Luckily, the purple creature’s light encased the out of reach bottle and it floated over back to me. When it was near enough, I snatched it and put it back into my pocket. I looked back up, the other me just looked at me, with frustration, he shook his head.

“There’s no word in existence to describe how disappointed I am in you.” And just like that, he vanished.

And hearing that coming from me, that was harsh.

I looked around at the ponies around me, all of them seemed taken aback, trying to make sense of what just happened.

_*_

By evening, I was given some good news and some bad news from Twilight. She told me that the good news was that she’s headed towards the Crystal Empire place to work as fast as she can to get me home. The bad news, however, it may take me a few days give or take until I’m able to.

At sunset, the town is still avoiding me, but they don’t really seem too scared of me. I suppose they’re trying to give me space or something.

Twilight let me crash at her place in the center of town. A castle, treehouse thing that I think had the same architect as that crystal palace. And just looking at it, I think he should have been fired on the spot. It just seemed ugly to me, and coming from a surrealist, that says a lot!

Apparently, the shiny castle somehow stole a bit from Dr. Who and made the place bigger on the inside. Seriously, I think I spent a good hour trying to find my room in that place! And the worst part is that it was actually right next to the front door this whole time!

But anyway, I was trying to relax when I heard a knock on the front door, I went to answer it to find another surprise. In pony form, was Ms. Cherilee, but she looked like her health have been left by the wayside for a month.

“Oh! Discor-”

“Disc,” I interrupted her. “Just Disc will do.”

“Oh, sorry,” she sniffed. “Is Princess Twilight around?”

“You just missed her, she’s gone to that crystal place.”

“Uh, shoot!” She was about to turn when I stopped her.

“Hold on, why are you here and are you alright?”

She looked at me, giving a funny look all the while, “You’re concerned about me?”

“Well, where I’m from, you… well, the other you work in the same school as I do. She taught the younger kids there. And by the looks of it, you don’t seem to look too good.”

“I’m not. I was hoping that I could get Twilight to substitute for me.”

This got my attention. “Substitute?”

“At least, until I get,” she sniffed again, “better. Which I think I’ll be out for a few days.”

“Mind if I ask you something?”

“What?”

“Since I’m going to be stuck here for probably the next few days with nothing to do, would you mind if I take over?”

She seemed really surprised by this. “You! Substituting for my students!”

“Why not? I’m a teacher by profession myself. Besides, I still have my bottle of pills with me.”

“By-the-way, what do those pills do?”

“They help me keep my delusions back. But the thing is, daily I purposely undertake what the doctor had prescribed to me.”

She blinked. “Why?”

“I want to be sane enough to work, but just insane enough to create. Does that make sense?”

“Oddly yes, and the Discord I know never makes sense.”

“So, would you mind if I teach your class, just so I have something to do?”

She put a hoof to her chin, after wiping her nose she said: “I’ll give you one trial day. If you're any good at it and not cause any trouble, I’ll let you sub for me. If you can’t, I’ll make sure you leave.”

I wasn’t certain if that was a threat or not, but I shrugged it off and said, “You got yourself a deal Ms. Cherilee.”

_*_

A schoolhouse? In a way, walking up to the place was like stepping back into the eighteen-hundreds or something. Cherilee told me that her class was made up of kids who are a great deal younger than the ones I’m used to teaching. But not to say that I haven’t taught kids this young before. I used to sub a few times back at the school before my big psychotic episode.

As I near the school, I can hear the kids chatting away. Saying things like: “What’s taking Ms. Cherilee so long?”

“She’s never been this late.”

“Do you think we might get a sub today?”

“Don’t be so stupid blank flank, who is she going to get?”

“Yeah. Everypony knows that Princess Twilight is out of town.”

At this point I opened the door, bending my body through the doorway, the classroom became dead quiet. I didn’t look at them first, my attention was towards the chalkboard. Grabbing one of the pieces of chalk, I wrote on the board the assignments that Cherilee told me to give. After that, I turned around to face my new ponyfied class. A class whose students have a mixed bag of expressions from fear to curiosity.

“Good morning, Ms. Cherilee will be sick for the next few days. My name is Mr. Disc, or Mr. D if you may, I’ll be your substitute teacher for today.”