• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 7,936 Views, 331 Comments

Mr. Disc - CrackedInkWell



Mr. Disc, the rehired art teacher for Canterlot High had an argument with a student when he get's pushed into the portal and into Equestria. Dazed and completely confused, he tries to figure out why every living things is afraid of him.

  • ...
22
 331
 7,936

6: Talking with Myself.

“Well,” I said after all the dust and all that noise settled. “That escalated quickly.”

“Surprise!” Pinkie once again appeared with a cake on her back. She looked around at what remained of the room. “Hey, where did everypony go?” The only ones that remained in the room other than Pinkie and myself are the other me in a chair eating popcorn; Fluttershy with her hooves and wings over her face in a corner; an unconscious version of what I think might be Apple… something; a pegasus with rainbow hair and dozens of hoofprints all over; a white unicorn peeking out from under a table; and a purple, Pegasus… unicorn… thing with a little dragon on its’ back staring razor-sharp kitchen knives at me.

“Discord! Why are there two of you?” She angrily asked both of me.

“Don’t look at me your highness,” the other me said using puppy eyes and a halo. “I’m totally innocent in this affair. I didn’t make him appear, just ask Fluttershy.”

The purple thing went up to Fluttershy in the corner and repeated her question to her, but much more gently.

“Um, do you remember the world where Sunset Shimmer is?”

“Yeah?”

“And you know that in that world, there’s a version of everypony there?”

“And?”

“That Discord,” she pointed towards me. “Is actually from there, but he accidentally got into Equestria.”

A cowlick popped up from the purple one’s hair.

“Darling, you can’t be serious.” The white unicorn said. Wait, who is this supposed to be? Um… She sounds like one student who has a fashion obsession. For some reason, she seems familiar but I can’t get the name.

“But I am, Rarity.” Oh yeah! That’s her name, thanks Fluttershy! “I’ve got a letter from Princess Celestia herself. Twilight, didn’t you get a letter?”

“I thought it was a joke.” The purple one replied with another few hairs spraining up.

“Ow,” this time, the voice came from the rainbow one. She slowly had gotten up on her feet- hooves or whatever they’re called. “Okay. Not cool.” She looked over to the unconscious apple. “AJ? Hey Applejack, you alright?” She went over to the orange pony, checking to see if she’s still alive.

“I think she’s out cold,” I told her.

The rainbow pegasus looked up with accusing eyes. “What did you do?!” she demanded.

“Hey calm down. I didn’t do anything, I just showed up and everyone left.”

“It doesn’t make any logical sense!” The purple one cried out. “I’ve made that portal stay open. So why is he still here?”

“How do I know? I just got here.” I told her, making a mental note to keep a distance from her. She has that look that I’ve seen a little too often at the hospital. The kind of look that warns that somebody is about to crack.

“I hate to interrupt such a lively conversation.” Rarity said looking out of a broken window. “But I do believe we have some more pressing matters to attend to.” We looked outside to see those ponies are running around, screaming about the end, and I think something just caught on fire.

“That looks like fun,” The other me spoke out what I was thinking. The rest of the girls looked at the other me. “What? Add a little mariachi music and we’ve got ourselves a party.” He snapped his lion paw and out popped a mariachi band.

I’ve got to know how he does that.

“Rarity’s right,” the purple one said with determination. “We need to take care of this first. Fluttershy, can you stay with Applejack and make sure those two don’t do anything destructive.” Fluttershy nodded. She then looked right at me, “And we’ll deal with you later.”

The purple one, the rainbow one, Pinks, and Rarity rushed out the door to save the day.

“Excuse me Discord, can I borrow your chair for Applejack, that is, if you don’t mind?” Fluttershy asked the other me.

“Why of course,” he smiled, snapping his tail (again, how does he do that?) he turned his fold-up chair into a comfy looking lounge chair in which he got up from. As Shy was dragging the orange apple to the chair, the other me signaled me to the window.

“You know what one of the things I like best?” he asked. “Is that I can cause total chaos without me ever doing a thing. All I have to do is show up, and it happens by itself. It’s less work that way, don’t you agree?”

“Huh, I tend to say that with art.”

“Chaos, art, potato, tomato, what’s the difference really? If you're anything like me, you know that our creativity really has no limits once we set our minds to it. I guess it’s all a question of how far to take it.”

We both stood there in silence for a moment, and then suddenly, out of nowhere it seems, a realization hit me like a falling brick to my head. Something that made it seemed so amusing that I started to laugh at it.

“What’s so funny?” he asked.

“Nothing, it’s just I realized that since I’ve been in this place for so long, I wonder if those at home are probably be looking for me. They can try getting everybody, including the police to look for me, only they’ll never find me here. I guess it won’t take long for them to put a picture of me with the words ‘Have you seen this weird little man?’ upon billboards. I wonder how long I’m gonna be here anyway?”

“Why worry? Don’t you want to be here?”

“Oh, I don’t mind too much, but I just came to a realization here.”

“What’s that?”

“I don’t have a job here.”

The other me started laughing, “A-Are you kidding m-me. Hahahaha! You have the same powers as I do and you worry about being jobless!”

“Do you want me, who just got here to take your job?”

He stopped laughing, “Oh.”

I nodded. “Besides, we may be similar, but don’t you think we should stick with what we know best, hum?”

“Touché monsieur.”

I can feel my lips make a wicked smirk. I love it when I win a debate with me.

Now I wonder how long does it take for that purple ringleader to calm down a terrified town?

“You don’t happen to still have that popcorn do you?” I asked.

“With a theater chair?”

“But of course. While we’re here, why not enjoy the show?”