• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 7,936 Views, 331 Comments

Mr. Disc - CrackedInkWell



Mr. Disc, the rehired art teacher for Canterlot High had an argument with a student when he get's pushed into the portal and into Equestria. Dazed and completely confused, he tries to figure out why every living things is afraid of him.

  • ...
22
 331
 7,936

13: Back Through the Looking Glass

“Oh, and for art, I thought it would be nice if the students could interact with their drawings, at least, temporarily of course,” I told the dumbstruck Cherliee about my report on today’s class. I told the guard that before I go, I should go to her to fill her in on what has happened today in her schoolhouse; and the fact that I’ll have to take my leave since I’ll be going home.

“That’s… that’s quite a days’ work right there.” She said before she sniffed. “So how were the students?”

“Well, they were uncertain at first, but after they got to know me they were quite good to work with. They were interested in what I had to say, and these superpowers made learning quite entertaining to them.”

“So did,” she sniffed for a moment, “did you run into any trouble with my students? Other than you’re um, (sniff) breakdown?”

“I have. I had to discipline Diamond after I caught her bullying Applebloom. Applebloom is alright now, but for Diamond, however, I gave her extra homework and a… let’s say, a little spell on her so to make things fair.”

“A spell? Is it serious?”

“No, it will wear off until tomorrow, as long as she doesn’t speak to anyone during that time, she ought to be fine.”

Even with a suspicious look and a sniff, she replied. “I’ll just take your word for it for now. So you’re really leaving?”

I nodded, “I am. And I’m sorry I have to leave on such short notice.”

“No,” she sniffed once more. “It’s understandable. You are going home after all. And don’t worry about me; I can still look for another substitute.” She blew her nose in a wad of tissues. “But I do appreciate for taking your time in teaching my foals for the day.”

“You’re quite welcome, Ms. Cherliee.”

_*_

A few hours later with the sun beginning to set, I was back in the Crystal Palace with Celestia, Cadence, and Twilight. Back in the room where all of this had begun.

“Once again, I’m terribly sorry about what our Discord has done,” Celestia said for the four-hundredth time. I know that’s she’s sorry for letting things getting completely out of hand, but I told her for the four-hundredth time that it’s not her fault.

“Just out of curiosity,” Cadence said getting my attention. “When you first came here, you said that I’m a ‘Principle’ in your world. May I ask a principle of what exactly?”

“Oh, with the Cadence I know, she’s the principle of a new elementary school that’s just reopened up. Uh, Crystal Elementary was it? Something like that. Anyway, I’m not exactly sure how good your other you is since I just try to pay attention to my job.”

She nodded. Twilight motioned her head towards the mirror. “I’ve got the portal open again so you should pass through with no problem.” I looked at the mirror, I didn’t see anything different about it, to me, and it still looked like a mirror. That was until I put my lion’s paw to the glass, and it looked like it just slipped right though!

“What the…” I craned my neck to the other side of the mirror, I put the claw through it but I didn’t see it come out from the other side.

“Okay, I have to admit,” I said, taking my bird claw out. “That is actually kinda cool.” Lewis Carroll, maybe you were onto something after all!

“So,” my royal boss said. “I believe this is goodbye on our part.”

“Eh, I suppose so. Before I go, I want to say two- no, three things here. First, is the other me gonna follow me home?”

“I already made precautions to make sure that doesn’t ever happen,” Twilight said with a smug grin.

“Second, I want to thank you for taking care of me while I was in a place I wasn’t quite familiar with. And three,” I pointed to Twilight. “You know Applebloom’s sister, do you? Apple…”

“Jack.”

“Thank you. Can you do me a favor? Keep an eye on Applebloom, just check if she’s okay now and then? Alright?”

Twilight nodded.

“Well, once again, thank you all.” And before I stepped through the looking glass, I gave a chuckle before saying: “And, in case you don’t see me again, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.”

And with that, I stepped through the mirror and fell back into the kaleidoscope.

_*_

I came tumbling out of there like a bowling ball that missed all the pins. Once again, there was the dizziness that spins everything like I just got off a mad merry-go-round. But once things got into focus, I saw that I was back at the school. I looked down, “Hello, normal hands. Hello, normal legs. Hello, clothes…” I felt the rest of my head, “And hello, normal face.”

Standing up, I took noticed what time it was, the sun was beginning to set and there are still a few cars around, my boss’s car and a police call being among them.

I had a good idea where my boss might be, so I went up to her office, knocked and opened the door singing: “Celie, I’m home!”

There leaning against her desk with an officer nearby was Celestia, my human, boring haired boss. And the very first thing she did was to give me a good smack in the face.

“Ow.”

“Julius Author Disc, where on this planet have you been?!”

“Ouch.”

“You’ve been gone for days and there’s a student in the Police Station, so where have you been this whole time?”

Let’s see… One of my students had pushed me into a portal into an alternative universe where you are a horse with a horn and wings that you are the ruler over a kingdom of ponies, ran into myself, and had superpowers that turn all reality upside down.

“I had one of my episodes and I ended up in the countryside. Hitchhiked the way back and now I’m here.”

Sure it was a lie but at least it was believable. My boss facepalmed, “Disc, did you take your medicine then?”

“I thought I had...”

“Just… You know what, never mind, just make sure you come back to work tomorrow.”

“Yes, Ms. Boss.” I saluted the officer, “Sorry about the search party.”

“At least you’re here, now we can call it off.”

“Have a good evening.” And with that, I made my way out of the office.

As I strolled down the hallways, I couldn’t help but reflect on the last few days. Sure, now I have more ideas for paintings to last me a good few months now. And that I’ve learned something from my other self, that being that I can be so dense at times.

I spotted the room number 113, my classroom, I took out the key out of my pocket to see what happened to it. I opened it up and the room is disappointingly clean. Not another drop of paint on the floor since I’ve left.

As I sat down in my chair at my desk, my thoughts started to wonder, should I tell my students about my “hallucination” about being in a world of colorful ponies? What do I do now knowing Applebloom’s secret? And what do I do now that I don’t…

I looked down at my right hand, ready to snap.

“What if…” I muttered aloud. I looked around to check to see that I was alone. Perhaps there’s only one way to find out. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and thought, ‘Well, here goes… something.’

Snap.

Author's Note:

And that's the end everyone.

Wow, this was quite the story and quite the thought experiment. I'm truly surprise that this story would do as well as it has. But like anything, this story has to come to an end.

Now, I think I might wanna take a break from writing stories on FIMFiction, now, please don't panic, I'm not gonna be gone. I'll still come by to reply to comments, read up stories and whatnot. And besides, soon I'll be in a position where I won't have proper internet for two weeks.

So I have ta ask, what did y'all think?
That is, if you don't mind.:fluttershyouch: