• Published 5th Jun 2015
  • 947 Views, 40 Comments

Mare-Do-Well the Brave and the Bold: Requiem for a Rainbow Speedster - Time Agent pony



Rainbow Dash a.k.a. the Dash, is long gone. Mare Do Well tries to keep the crime in Manehatten down but it seems that Rainbow is still alive and trying to tell Mare Do Well and the other Dashes that this is so.

  • ...
3
 40
 947

The Homecoming

The rift opened again, near the giant statue of Lighting Dust, dumping Rainbow Dash on the ground.

She took a moment to recover, then she dashed of back to Lighting's fortress.

Meanwhile, Mare-Do-Well was fighting a loosing battle, even with the two speed bracelets she had, Lighting had the upper hoof and managed to knock Mare-Do-Well to ground.

Mare-Do-Well was too badly hurt to fight Lighting anymore, Lighting prepared to kill Mare-Do-Well by vibrating her hoof through her.

"Lighting!" called a voice.

Lighting stopped her hoof and turned to see Rainbow Dash, "What do you say?" she asked, "One last race?"

Lighting smiled, Soarin and Scootaloo watched with anticipation, Rainbow Dash and Lighting Dust began their fight.

Both speedsters seemed evenly matched, the fight took them down the side of Lighting's fortress, through the city streets, across a desert and finally, across the sea. Lighting and Rainbow Dash traded a few punches, before going back to running.

"My speed was always a match for yours," Lighting remarked "and now augmented by two more Dashes."

Their fight continued, all across every inch of 25th century Equestria, until finally, Rainbow Dash managed to draw Lighting into a desert.

Rainbow Dash started to run in a circle slowly carving out a trench in the ground, with Lighting close behind.

After a few rounds, the trench was higher than them and still they kept on running.

While Rainbow Dash did this, she ran her hoof over the side wall of the trench, heating up the sand in the ground, turning it into glass.

Just as Lighting was about to land the final punch, Rainbow Dash stopped.

Lighting was confused, but kept on running, she looked ahead of her to see Rainbow Dash leaning calmly against the trench wall ahead of her.

Before Lighting could slow down, as she passed Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash stretched out her leg tripping her, sending Lighting flying back around the glass wall of the trench.

When Lighting finished crashing along the trench, she stood before Rainbow Dash, battered, bruise and defeated.

Rainbow Dash stood over her, "I'm The Dash" she said, "speed is my game."

With that Rainbow Dash finished off Lighting with a three punch take-down.


Equestria, the present.
After using some of Lighting's technology, Mare-Do-Well, Soarin, Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash return to the present.

"Good to be home," Rainbow Dash said, looking around.

"I wonder if they'll agree," Mare-Do-Well replied, pointing to the Gold Reserve bank which was getting robbed.

Heat Wave, Weather Wizard and Captain Cold stared in disbelief.

"Is that?" Heat Wave shocked.

"She's back," Captain Cold smiled.

"I promised myself I wouldn't cry" Weather Wizard said, tearfully.

"You don't mind if we take these?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Wouldn't have it any other way" Mare-Do-Well replied.

With that all three Dashes zoomed straight at them and the three villains were knocked happily out cold.

"Welcome home, Rainbow" Mare-Do-Well smiled as she walked away.

Comments ( 7 )

Hey there. Thanks very much for getting the final chapter up. I really appreciate you going to the effort. Very good job on the exchanges, action, emotional content and wrap-up in all the right places. I'll definitely be looking forward to more stories in this series as soon as time and inspiration will allow. Just, a few details:

1. In all honesty, just please try to make the chapters longer by including more detail. I don't mean go overboard on the detail; I just mean be a little more descriptive about certain scenes, characters and actions.

2. Just because these are BASED ON certain episodes of certain shows doesn't mean you have to follow it nearly word-for-word, shot-for-shot. It is not just okay, but also encouraged for you to work in minor differences beyond just the characters.

Beyond that, keep up the good work.

7590532 thank you for the input and to answer you statement about following the story word-for-word I'm not very good at thinking up lines to add to the story, which is why I look to people like you to help me out with that problem and appreciate and consider all the idea you come out with:raritywink:

7590543 Thanks. Just contact me via the Personal Messages and I will do my best to help you. It might take a while (Owing to the fact I don't have much time for that sort of computer work), but I will still try to help over the weekends.

7590559 that sounds good I'm always at school so it's very hard when I get home to think of anything, sometimes,:twilightsmile:

8154897 sorry you feel that way, I hope you enjoy my other stories:raritywink:

Some clever and novel ideas here. I especially liked the twist of LD as the villain!
:rainbowdetermined2:

8652683
I'm glad of you like it:raritywink:

Login or register to comment