• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 26,905 Views, 912 Comments

You in Equestria: Let's Save a Kingdom - RatherHomely



Equestria needs a hero. They got you instead.

  • ...
47
 912
 26,905

68

If there’s one thing you know about Dash, it’s that her brain doesn’t move nearly as fast as her wings. Perhaps this is one area that you can beat her.

“It’ll be a contest of wits.” you say smugly. With all the minesweeper you play, anything you take Rainbow on in will be a breeze.

“You’re on!” Rainbow Dash shouts back. “I’ve got the fastest brain in Equestria.”

“Yeah, maybe if someone threw it…” you mumble.

How is this possible?!

You stare at the chessboard, eying your sole remaining piece. You then look at Dash’s pieces. Except for a few pawns, she still has her entire board intact. Maybe you still have a chance?

You reach your hand out, feeling it shake more than a drink ordered by James Bond. Grabbing onto your last piece, you move it one space forward.

Rainbow Dash, who looks more bored then your friends during your Purple Passion joke, finally lets out a disgruntled sigh. “Look, kid, we’ve been at this for a good half-an-hour. And all this time, I haven’t had the heart to tell you that you lost the moment I took your first piece.”

“Hey,” you snap, “Just because I lost one piece doesn’t mean I lost!”

She lifts her hooves into the air, shaking them at the gods who cursed her with such a crappy opponent. “The first piece I took was your king!”

“… So?”

“You lose when you lose your king!”

You scoff, folding your arms and looking away. “Pfft. Yeah right. My kingdom is a democracy. Once the leader dies, a new one is elected. Therefore, you’ll have to kill all my pieces if you want to beat me.” Rainbow Dash moves her bishop to take your last pawn. You look carefully at the board, and then back at her. “So… Can chess pieces have babies? Because, if so, I think I may have a few more pieces on the board.”

Rainbow Dash screams with rage.

Once you regain consciousness, you find that you have a hoof-print on your face. You’d say something witty, like “My face is now twenty percent cooler,” but it doesn’t feel twenty percent cooler. It just kind of stings.

Alas, it seems your shot at Rainbow Dash has fallen flat. Unless you want a matching hoof-print on another part of your body, I suggest you move on to another pony.

> Head to the list.