• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 26,905 Views, 912 Comments

You in Equestria: Let's Save a Kingdom - RatherHomely



Equestria needs a hero. They got you instead.

  • ...
47
 912
 26,905

59

Without a second thought you begin making blue-prints for some sort of self-propelled glider. If you can make wings and a cockpit, then all you’d need to do is use pedals to turn those spinning things on the wings to get lift. You'd use an engine, but you aren't sure where any local oil deposits are.

You set off to get raw supplies. A majority of the wood for the basic structure of the plane is gathered from the Everfree forest. You also manage to swipe fabric from Carousel Boutique. The metal that’s necessary was harder to come by, but you eventually melt down some shovel heads in a blast iron furnace. You carefully mold all the pieces into the shapes you want them, in particular a number of poles in order to give the wings a proper frame. You spend the next few hours afterwards assembling all the pieces.

Finally, a completed self-propelled glider sits before you. It’s time TO RIDE! You hop into the cockpit and, with a battle cry, smash into Ponyville's Library.

"Keep it down, I'm trying to read!" a voice cries from inside.

Luckily you designed a parachute. Unfortunately you seemed to have misplaced the parachute with an anvil. What is this, some sort of cartoon?

You fall with a loud crunch to the ground. You figure your spine will be fine in a few hours.

You look up and see Twilight’s hot air balloon. Perhaps making a flying machine from scratch was a bit of a hasty decision.

You hop into the hot air-balloon and, with a battle cry, crash into Ponyville's Library.

“Damn it!” you shout. “How in blazes am I supposed to get up to Rainbow Dash’s house?!”

“Beats me.” Rainbow Dash says as she walks by.

>… Okay, perhaps you should have checked Ponyville first before just assuming she was in the sky.