• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 26,905 Views, 912 Comments

You in Equestria: Let's Save a Kingdom - RatherHomely



Equestria needs a hero. They got you instead.

  • ...
47
 912
 26,905

29

You suck in your stomach in an attempt to look more buff. Ignoring the fact that it doesn’t work at all, you proceed to show Fluttershy you’re the boss of this relationship.

“Fluttershy, you’re being a real jerk right now. I demand you stop!”

She gives an obnoxious sniff, and turns her nose up at you. “Make me.”

Oh, that behavior real peeves your cheese.

It’s go time.

“Graargh!” you roar in an intimidating manner. You attempt to rip your shirt in two, but it seems cotton is far more durable than you thought. “Fluttershy, you better listen to me, or I’m going to rock.” You flex your muscles. “Your.” Some more flexing. “WORLD!” And a bit more flexing, for emphasis.

Unfortunately, you flexing your muscles is about as intimidating as limp spaghetti flopping around, and Fluttershy simply gives you a look, a look quite similar to the one your father gave you when you boasted you could finally bench 50lbs. “Really? That’s it?”

“Well… Yeah. Did the flexing work?”

She shakes her head. “If Angel scares me more than you do, there’s something wrong.”

“Hey, Angel’s pretty scary…” you weakly retort.

“Look…” the pegasus continues, a smirk on her face. “Believe it or not, I’ve had some assertiveness training. I’ll give you some tips. For a price.”

An hour later, you find yourself walking away from Fluttershy’s cottage. You’re one hundred dollars poorer, but you have gained far more in terms of knowledge. You go over in your head several mantras; “No means no, you laugh at me I laugh at you, if it doesn’t fit don’t quit…” You also have a card for Iron Will’s assertiveness program, but you probably won’t use it.

You have the feeling as though you forgot to do something important, but you can’t quite place it.

Oh well.

> To the list! Away!