• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 5,229 Views, 69 Comments

Sonata Loan - RitsuD95



Lost her magic. Kicked out by Aria and Adagio. Going it alone. Not a good week for Sonata Dusk. Lucky for her, a certain someone decides to give her a second chance.

  • ...
6
 69
 5,229

CH2.5: On The Other Side Of The Coin

Adagio and Aria had quickly split town, heading to the oddly-named Crystal Empire. Who names a town that, they hadn't the foggiest idea.

Thanks to the Dazzlings long line of manipulation and Adagio's shrewd investments, there was never a threat of them ever running out of resources.

They had arrived at one of their many homes quite late, both immediately breaking off to their own quarters. There wasn't much to be said, and no clear next move.

The remaining Dazzlings had almost immediately fallen into a rigid sleep, going deep into the next day.

It was probably well past noon when Adagio awoke from hers.

She quickly used her private bathroom, readjusting and preparing herself for the new day.

But it was different. There wasn't any grand scheme to advance on. And as much as the Dazzlings leader hated to admit it, no real way for them to even attempt getting payback.

Perhaps even stranger, she didn't feel a drive to. She felt... Okay for some reason. Some reason that didn't make sense.

They were so close to winning. So close to taking control. Then, their eons of manipulation had been toppled. The method had been shattered by literal teenagers.

Yet, she didn't feel vengeful. Incensed, sure. Her pride wouldn't recover from this for a long time. There was never going to be another shot at their plans now.

But she didn't feel like she had to strike back. She didn't even feel like she lost something. In fact, she felt... Free.

She glanced in the mirror, before speaking to herself, "Why aren't I angry? I want to be! I should be furious!"

The Dazzling glanced at her now gem-less necklace, before heading towards her door.

"Whatever. I'll figure it out. Where's that old journal of Starswirl's? There's got to be more on this."

Author's Note:

This is something I haven't worked on in so long. But here we are.

This is a side chapter, small little glimpses into what's happening outside of the main characters.

Yes I'm back.

I hope you can see what's going on in this little look-in 😉

Comments ( 7 )

IT LIVES!

10144951
You're dang right it does 👀

After 5 Chaos damned year IT is back!

Let's get it, my dude.

Glad you're back. :yay:

IT HAS RETURNED!!!

And just as I thought Vinyl and Octavia couldn’t work with anyone else QwQ
Although I’m going Sonata X Octavia, good on you 👌

This story portrays Vinyl perfectly yet it is a shame it's unfinished. Her being a kind, supportive, but still no nonsense, energetic DJ Queen is perfect for her, as well as her making jokes like in this story which is cool.

Login or register to comment