• Published 12th Oct 2014
  • 3,376 Views, 87 Comments

The Princess and the Dragon - Lynchristina



Spike has bad dreams, he doesn't know where his place is.

  • ...
7
 87
 3,376

2 It has just Begun: Manehatten

It was a peaceful night at the Golden Oak Library, everypony was sound asleep. Everypony had sweet dreams in the house, except Spike.

Spike turned from side to side while in his sleep,"Urgh,hmph...."

................................................................................................................

Spike rubbed his eyes,"Wh-where am I?

Spike noticed a dark forest with dark and red trees everywhere. It's leaves swayed in the cold wind through Spike's scales.

Spike struggled through the big forest,"I need to get out of here, it doesn't look safe here."

Strange noises started to whisper things to the little dragon, "ssssssss! Oh Spike?"

The little dragon jumped a little, "Wh-who are you?"

Spike backed up to see beaming eyes in the forest mist. His whole body shivering with fear.

The eyes disappeared in the mist,"Oh, just a friend who wants to help you my dear."

Spike looked around at his surroundings, he tried to find an object to defend himself with, so he grabbed a stick,"Help me, help me with what?"

The ebony colors blended in the shadows and popped out behind Spike,"Help you deliver a message from everypony you knew."

Spike swiftly swiveled his stick to the shadow to cut through it's shadowy body,"What message?"

The shadow rolled it's bright eyes and combined the two pieces that Spike sliced. Dummy.

Spike dropped his stick and dragged his claws to his back. Oh yeah, they're shadows.

The big cloud of smoke leaned in close to the baby dragon, " Well, maybe not like a message, it's more like a future message."

The dragon walked away a few steps, " Okay, what is this future message then?"

The shadow lifted up his chin,"Do you feel special?"

Spike scratched his head in confusion,"How is that a future message? It's more of a question to me."

The shadow disappeared into the ground and sighed, "Well little one, do you feel special to everypony around you?"

Spike jumped happily at the thought of that question,"Well of course I feel special, why wouldn't I be?

The shadow's laughter echoed through the dark forest."Hahaha! You're really that clueless aren't you. Well my dear, it's not going to be like that for long."

Spike tried to find the shadow through the foggy mist. "What do you mean? My friends tell me that I'm special all the time, and that I'm part of their family."

The shadow squeezed the purple dragon into a deadly hug,"My poor naive boy, do you really think that THEY would ever appreciate you?"

Spike struggled to get out of the shadow's hug,"Well of course, they even said it themselves if you want proof."

The shadow freed Spike,"Forget about the past Spike, I'm talking about now. Don't you feel left out these couple of days?"

The shadow disappeared,"Think about it Spike, then you'll realize it, nopony wants you around, and i'm going to help you see that."

Spike felt something pushing him back, "What the, help!"

Spike saw the shadow's tail pulling his own tail. He immediately grabbed a small rock and through it at the shadow's tail.

The shadow felt pain through it's body since it was not in shadow mode," Urgh, dang it!"

Spike ran from the glowing eyes of the gigantic black shadows flying towards him.

The shadows flew up to the dark glistening blood moon, and used it's magic to morph itself into a gigantic shadow pony, and tried to stomp on Spike.

Spike ran as fast as he could, and tried to dodge the huge stomps of the shadow pony.

"Oh spike, don't you want to come and play?"Said The Shadow pony.

Spike tried to find a place to hide, he looked everywhere. Then he noticed something, it was blueish, but it was hard to see. Great, now there are blue shadows haunting this place!

Spike tripped on a thick root of a tree, and fell onto the dirt. He looked up to see that the shadow pony was right there in front of him.

The shadow pony Chuckled, "Nighty Night Spike, be that speck of dust that nopony cares about! hahahaha!"

The shadow pony lifted her hoof to the sky, and dashed it to where Spike was.

Spike shielded himself with his claws,"Nooooooooo!"

..............................................................................................................................................

Twilight Sparkle got out of her bed and went to Spike's bed,"Spi-."

Spike jumped out of bed,"Nooooooooo!"

Twilight immediately flew on top of Spike, "Ahhh!"

Spike looked at the figure that was floating on top of him,"Oh, sorry Twilight."

Twilight slowly flew down to Spike,"What happened Spike?"

Spike jumped out of bed,"It's nothing, just a bad dream."

Twilight threw her hoof around Spike,"Well okay,.... but you better get ready, we have to go to the train station."

Spike scratched his head,"The train station? why?"

Twilight grinned at Spike, "You don't remember? We're going with Rarity to Manehattan for Fashion Week."
.........................................................................................................................................................

Spike and Twilight arrived at the train station, there were a lot of ponies waiting there for the next train stop.

Rarity walked up to Spike,"Spike darling, would you please get my bags over there and pile them up for me please?"

Spike bowed down to Rarity,"At your service my lady."

Spike walked up to see a humongous pile of suitcases and sighed. Why can't Rarity and Twilight use their magic and take it to the wagon for once? Nah, it's not a big deal it's what friends do. Plus, there aren't even a lot of bags. Spike thought as he looked at the many bags being piled up on each other. He sighed again. Spike grabbed a handful of bags and plopped them into the cart.

Once he was finished, he grabbed the handle of the cart and dragged it to where Rarity was,"There you are Rarity, that's the last of your bags."

Rarity looked at the pile of suitcases on the cart."Actually Spike, I have one last pile of bags over there."

Spike looked at the direction of where the other bags were and jumped in astonish.

Rarity lusted her eyelashes at Spike,"Won't you be a dear."

Spike walked to the other pile of bags,"Sure, I'll be a dear."

The little dragon pulled one of the suitcases out of the pile. He dragged it to the spot and threw it. Hngh, these are so heavy. But it's okay, making Rarity happy is what I do. Spike grabbed and threw the bags one by one to the pile, listening to the girls chattering and squealing about Manehattan. He finally got to throw the last bag to the pile. He was tired, he walked to a another cart and dragged it to the pile.

After he was done, he plopped down on a comfy seat and sighed,"So, what were you girls jumping and squealing about?"

Rarity scooched next to Spike,"Well dearie, I was saying to the girls that I have seven tickets to......."

The main five screamed in excitement,"Hinny of The Hills!"

Spike jumped in excitement,"That's great Rarity!"

Rarity looked out of the window to see the beautiful blue skies with pegasi flying through the air. The buildings were huge compared to any building in Ponyville.

There was a voice coming from the speaker."We are arriving at Manehattan at the next stop, please grab your bags and get ready to get off the train."

Rarity tapped Spike on the shoulders,"Spike, would you get the bags for us please."

Spike looked at the bags,"Sure Rarity, I'll get those huge piles of many, many, heavy bags for ya."

Once they got off the train, they went down to the stairs to take a step to the beautiful city of Manehattan.

Rarity went down the steps to the sidewalk,"Come along, ponies! I found us a place to stay only a block from the train station in the very heart of this glorious metropolis!"

Spike slowly went down the rocky steps of the Manehattan stairs. Almost there Spike, almost there, take your time. Spike carefully walked with the ponies while listening to their conversation. Then he stopped, he started to hear singing from Rarity. His stomach started growling. Not now stomach, right now I have to get these bags to the apartment, right after they're done singing. Spike plopped the bags down to see where the ponies were going, then got back up to see Rarity singing next to him.

Rarity leaned in next to Spike,"If some are grouchy, pay no mind. Surprise instead with something kind."

Spike had a grouchy face and looked at Rarity. Then he saw Rarity go to the Veggie Dog Stand to bring him a veggie dog. The hungry dragon dropped her bags and looked at the yummy veggie dog hovering over his head. Rarity is the best pony ever!

Rarity gave the veggie dog to Spike and walked away," Lo and behold, you may just find. A smile is what you bring."

Spike hovered the veggie dog in the air, with his mouth open wide. While doing that, a red jay came swooping down to Spike's veggie dog and snatched it. Spike felt an empty claw and stared angrily at the bird. There goes my lunch going down the drain. Spike grabbed the bags and saw a carrier stallion, he wasn't going to last any longer. While Rarity gave the stallion some gems, he threw the bags on the cart and waved to the stallion. Now that's done, let's go sight seeing! After an hour of Rarity's song, they stopped at a dress shop. Spike sat on the steps, waiting to go to the hotel. Everypony started to look at the windows to see the dresses.

Rarity glanced at the window and sighed,"To think my dresses could soon be displayed on the most glamorous shopping thoroughfare of the most glamorous city in Equestria! Oh, it would be my dream come true!"

Spike looked at his tummy. I'm so hungry, I wish we can go to the hotel. Spike stretched his arms, he felt cracks in them, it was all soar. Everything hurts, it wouldn't kill for my friends to help carry the bags. Or for somepony to give one of her gems so I can eat. And my back still hurts from being knocked down all the way to the ground while nopony helped me when seeing me inside the Statue Of Pony Liberty. Once I got down, a colt laughed at me! Sheesh. Spike shook his head. No,no,no, come on Spike, think straight, it's Manehattan. Of course the girls wouldn't want to carry the bags, they're too excited and must have forgot or something. And of course Rarity didn't think of giving me a gem because it's how she pays here. She's the element of generosity Spike! And since there were a lot of ponies, it's the reason why I fell and why they didn't help me, I was going too fast anyway. Spike sighed and jumped back up on his feet and smiled.

Rarity happily stared at her friends, "There's nothing left for me to do but check in at the runway with my dresses by two this afternoon."

Pinkie Pie leaned in close to Rarity,"Oh, that's funny. Because that clock over there makes it seem like that's only ten minutes from now!"

Pinkie pointed her hoof at the clock tower, then it started raining, it was almost two, and Rarity panicked. "Oh, my ribbons and threads. And the runway ballroom is all the way across town! If I don't get there, I'm disqualified! Taaaaxiii!"

Spike saw the ponies run to find a cab, he was about to go, but something got him sidetracked. He sniffed the dreary smell of the rain, but he also smelled some food coming from behind the building. I smell some yummy veggie dogs! I'll just go get one. He walked over there and saw the stand, he gave the pony some bits and left off with his lunch. He had an itch that he was forgetting something but he couldn't remember.

He walked to Pinkie and leaned next to her for balance,"Whew, that was close."

The girls chatted and nodded their heads at Spike.

Spike had that itch again, he had a feeling Rarity forgot something."Anypony else got a sneaking suspicion we're forgetting something?"

The girls reacted and yelled all at once,"The dresses!"

Twilight and the other four ran to the hotel, leaving Spike in the rain.

Spike ran towards the ponies and slipped,"Hey, wait up! You forgot about me you guys!"

Spike groaned and walked over there himself in the cold and misery rain.

.....................................................................................................................................

The pony gang waved to the bellhop and hoped Rarity wasn't disqualified.

Pinkie raised her hoof," Hey, how about we do some of our to do lists! Like, we can go shopping for souvenirs! Then do the stuff with Rarity later. Oh, and we can buy Rarity souvenirs too!"

Twilight jumped in excitement,"Great idea Pinkie, lets tell Spike....wait, where is he?"

Rainbow Dash looked from side to side,"Wasn't he with us?"

Spike came running down panting and panting,"I'm.....right.......here!"

Twilight stretched her hooves around Spike,"Well Spike you're just in time, because we're going shopping!"

Spike had his mouth wide open,"Sho..pp.ing......."

Spike had a worried look on his face. Oh no...
...................................................................................................

Spike was carrying a ton of shopping bags from the girls. Why, why me? Why did they had to buy so much stuff, urgh. They didn't even buy anything for me! I'm the one working hard here!

Twilight walked happily upon the stairs,"Oh, my gosh, what a great afternoon! That was almost too much fun!"

Rainbow Dash opened the door,"Better pace yourself, 'cause the rest of the day is jam-packed!"

Applejack walked in,"First there's the salon appointment to get our manes done." Applejack flipped her mane.

Pinkie looked at the others,"Then our fancy dinner at the Far-Afield Tavern!"

Fluttershy spreaded her legs out," And after that..."

"Hinny of the Hills!" said the ponies while they jumped in the air in excitement.

While the girls giggled, Spike on the other hoof was not laughing, he was hoping for some assistance from his friends. Are they not noticing me carrying this? Urgh never mind. He plopped the bags on the bed and rubbed his eyes, he yawned, and passed out on the floor sleeping.

He heard some chattering and felt magic hovering him onto the bed. While in his sleep, he heard yelling and anger, he twisted himself back and forth.

..................................................................................................................................................................

Spike wandered through the big buildings of Manehatten, "Whoa, why am I outside? Oh well, I better get back to the hotel."

He started to notice that the ponies were really different, they were dark, no colors were shown.

He went up to one of the ponies,"Hey, do you know where I can get to a specific hotel, it's not far from.."

The shadows looked like they were moving far away, but they stood still.

Spike was confused, he looked around at his surroundings and noticed that everything was going farther away from him. Then he was in darkness, it was pitch black, he was scared. Then he felt himself sinking.

Spike looked down to see that it was sinking him down,"Ahh! No,no,no,no! There's nothing to grab on! Help!!!!"

.............................................................................................................................................

Twilight nudged him,"Spike!"

Spike opened his eyes," Huh?"

Twilight had a worried face,"Come on Spike, we're late to Rarity's show!"

Everypony ran downstairs and went out the door, they saw Suri Polomare and and her assistant at the entrance.

Suri Polomare had a smirk on her face,"If you girls are here to support your friend it's too late, she's already lost to the best designer in all of Equestria! Such a shame isn't it, she came all the way here to lose and embarrase herself in front of everypony."

Spike walked a few steps to the pony and glared at her,"Hey, just because she lost, it doesn't mean that you should gloat about it!"

Suri Polomare pushed Spike slightly to left,"Yeah, so like I was saying, too bad about your friend, bye."

Applejack's ears drooped,"Poor Rarity, she was look'in forward to this competition."

Twilight stomped her hoof on the ground,"Well, we can still stop by and support her, let's go."

Everypony ran to the entrance to where the competition was held, they plastered a big smile for their beloved friend. They opened the door to see Rarity there. Pinkie squeeded at Rarity.

Rarity was surprised."There you all are! I can't believe it, I thought you went back home!"

Spike looked at Rarity, he was happy that she was happy, but the thing that happened with Suri made him feel something inside. He went to hug the pony gang to see Rarity crying in front of them, then they all went outside.

Rarity smiled and looked at her friends,"You know, I already arranged to make it up to you this afternoon! Hope you're all available for an exclusive performance of Hinny of the Hills!"

.........................................................................................................................................................

After the performance, everypony started clapping. He was about to ask Rarity about how she had gotten the tickets but Twilight already asked.

Rarity smiled at her friend,"Remember my costume designer friend who got me the tickets? Well, I offered to make all the costumes for his next show!"

Fluttershy looked worried,"Um, here in Manehattan?"

Rarity looked sad at her shy friend,"Well, um... yes... it will keep me away from Ponyville for a while."

When Spike heard those words, his ears drooped low. What! Rarity is going away. That's not fair, Ponyville needs her there!

Then Spike heard a door open. Hey,it's that mare who was with Suri, she was so quiet the whole time.

Spike walked to the ponies to see what was going on.

Coco Pommel gave the trophy to her and looked at Rarity,"You didn't. You won."

Rarity was surprised and looked at Fluttershy and Twilight.

Coco confessed to Rarity,"Suri was hoping that if you didn't claim your prize, the judges would consider it a forfeit and first place would go to her. So she lied to make you and your friends go away, and, well, I lied too. I've worked for Suri for so long, I started to believe that it really is everypony for herself in this town. Until I saw how generous you were with your friends and how generous they were with you. It made me start believing there was something better for me out there. So, I– I quit."

" I brought you something to say thank you." After Coco said that, she pulled something from her bag, it was a little blue present.

Rarity gave the trophy to Spike,and was given a present. She smiled,"Hm. I suppose you'll need a job now that you're no longer with Suri."

Coco nodded. Rarity smiled at her,"How would you like to work for my friend making all the costumes for his next show?"

Spike glanced at Rarity. phew!

.........................................................................................


Spike took the heavy bags and left to the train, after he was done, he began to think of the shadow's questions, and what they meant. He was confused, very confused. He didn't know if he was special anymore. It's just one day Spike, this doesn't confirm that the weird shadow was right, I'm not useless, I know I'm not. Spike looked at the night sky, and closed his eyes to end his day.

Author's Note:

Such a long chapter! I mean seriously, I'm tired.

I wonder who that shadow Spike was talking about? SPOILERS

Dun,Dun,Dunnnnnnnnnnnn!