• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 10,270 Views, 390 Comments

My Little Dashie: Fourth Times the Charm - PonyManne215



These. These are my final years with Dashie and on Equestria.

  • ...
41
 390
 10,270

Returning Truth

After crawling the walls of my house and going completely bald (figuratively of course), the time is here. Dashie is finally back in Ponyville. I can just sense it. We have a sort of special link that passes physical boundaries. She is taking a while, though, because I thought she would be here by now. She’s probably getting mobbed by the entire town and is being bombarded with questions. Hell, I know that half of the hassle is coming from Pinkie Pie and Scootaloo. Oh well, this gives me an idea; a great way to finally re-unite after all of these long years. I am overjoyed and can’t stop sweating. I write something o a piece of paper, put it on the front door, and make my way out.

----------

Man these ponies won’t get off of me. I can barely breathe let alone think with all of these distractions. Pinkie threw a big welcoming party as I came flying into town. They’ve made me sit here for almost half an hour. I just wanna see Pops again. Pinkie won’t leave me in peace. At least everypony else knows what I want. Well everyone except Pinkie and the squirt that is. Scootaloo is acting just as bad, she keeps asking my all these questions and hugging me. She won’t let go either. I’m gonna go nuts at this rate.

I couldn’t take it anymore. “Would everypony just calm down and give me some time alone!?” I yelled at the town. Everypony saw that I wanted to go back home and nodded in confirmation. I used my newly improved flight speed and whizzed all the way home. I got there as quick as you could say ‘whoosh’. The lights were all out. I thought maybe Dad wanted to surprise me but then I saw a note on the door. I looked at it closely.
“Dear Dashie,
Meet me at the spot where I found you and started this new life together.

Love,

Dad "

Once I finished reading, I knew exactly where he was talking about. I flew at the speed of light towards the lake by the Everfree Forest. I looked for the tree and the beach where I was crying over the lake when he found me. I got over there as quick as I could but there was no one or no pony there. I looked into the lake and closed my eyes. Then I heard a snap from behind me. I was too slow to react but a hand came down on my shoulder. It was warm and soft. I knew who it was. It was Dad.
I turned around and flew into his arms, his big warm body colliding with mine.

“Oh Daddy! I missed you so much!” I said to him while crying. He leaned in closer and whispered in my ear “I know, and I missed you too.” I kissed him on the cheek and looked behind him. All of my friends were looking at us and smiling and crying. The family was finally re-united after these long years. After a couple more minutes of our loving embrace, we walked with our friends back home.

“So uhh Dad, what’s for dinner?” I asked him. He looked at me and smiled. He knew exactly what I was in the mood for. When we got home, he opened the door and inside was all of my favorite food. My stomach made a noise sounding like it was cheering when I opened my mouth. “Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!” Everypony laughed and I laughed too. This was one of the best nights of my life.
---------------

The entire time we spoke about what she missed and what happened with her. Pinkie made this a great night though because everytime we started talking about all the parties Dashie missed, Pinkie’s hair deflated and she got all sad and grumpy. It was definitely a great night. I noticed something though, whenever we talked about her time at the monastery, she looked away and suddenly had a nervous tone in her voice. My little Dashie was hiding something and I could sense it. After a night of fun, eating, and talking, everypony went home. I took this chance to find out what happened.

“Hey Sweetie, I wanted to talk to you about something.” “Yeah sure, what’s up?” She answered. “Well, I want to know what really happened back during your training. Did you get hurt? Did you meet somepony special?” I asked. “No Dad, nothing happened. It was just a normal training ground.” I could tell she was lying. She wasn’t looking straight into my eyes. I grabbed her head and pulled her face towards mine as I looked deep into her eyes.

“Don’t lie to me Pumpkin, please just tell me the truth.” She cracked. “Alright, alright, fine. When I was there, one of the other fliers tried to put the moves on me. But he was second rate so I just brushed him off. If you wanna be with me, you gotta be able to catch my speed. Hey Look! I just made a rhyme like Zecora!” She rolled on the floor laughing. After I eyed her and gave her a serious look, she got back up. “Anyways, this guy wouldn’t leave me alone. He wasn’t grabby or nothin’ but he kept annoying me. It kinda distracted me for a while but eventually, he left me alone.”

I was relieved. It was just some love sick pony who had his eyes on my little girl. I kind of feel sorry for him though because if I know my Dashie, which I do, she won’t settle for just anypony but the best. “I’m glad it was just something silly like that.” I told her in relief. We went to bed when I felt something crawling up next to me. “Uhh Dad? Since it’s been a while since I’ve seen you, could we sleep together just this once?” I was a bit surprised when she asked this because she was a bit old but in my heart, I wanted this too. I wanted my little girl again. So I answered “Sure Honey, anything for you.”

We went to sleep. It was a good dream. We were flying around and lying down on rainbows. We looked up at the beautiful sky and all of its features. Nothing bad happened for once and I was pretty happy. Dashie was too. I woke up early in the morning but the warmth of the bed was overwhelming. I just fell right back to sleep. I woke up about an hour later to a loud crash. I popped right up to see what it was.

I am a bit nervous. I think it could be a monster or a bear. I run into the living room and just see Dashie in the kitchen. She turns to me and smiles shyly. “Sorry Dad, I wanted to cook you breakfast for once because I saw how happy you were when I woke up. And I think I mighta overcooked the cookies.” She showed me the tray of cookies. Well, it was more like a tray of ash. She managed to burn them so much that it wasn’t even a chewable form. She was a horrible cook but the results were always fun. I smile at her and tell her that it’s fine.

I help her put away the breakfast attempt and help her make an edible breakfast. We got a good breakfast finally. I have to say though, she did really good on the hash browns and the hay bacon strips. This morning has already made me and Dashie laugh. After we’re done, I think I’ll leave my journal alone for a couple of months. It takes time away from these loving moments that I can share with Dashie.

I pick up the full glass next to me and open my mouth to drink. I feel something from the glass fall into my mouth but I quickly realize what it is. I spit out all of the remaining ash in my mouth. I guess Dashie somehow burned the milk too. That’s alright though, because she’s my little angel. And all that matters to me is that she’s back home safe and sound.