• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 10,265 Views, 390 Comments

My Little Dashie: Fourth Times the Charm - PonyManne215



These. These are my final years with Dashie and on Equestria.

  • ...
41
 390
 10,265

All in a Day's Time

I woke up early this morning. I made some breakfast for myself and a bunch more for Dashie. I finished eating and left the house. It was around six in the morning when I left. I had to go to the hospital and check if anything was wrong. The news didn’t surprise me. I prefer not to write about them and just let the matter be. I said goodbye to the doctor and the nurses and continued on.

I heard from somepony, I forget who, that Forest got evicted from his room. I decided now was the best time to carry out my investigation. I didn’t know much, but reading enough books of crime mysteries from Twilight’s library gave me some insight on the matter. I made my way to the hotel.

It wasn’t as busy but I could see the café had some early birds drinking their sip of coffee. I decided not to waste any more time so I went to the counter. There, sitting in a slumped position, reading EquestriaDaily, was Crystal. I cleared my throat to get her attention.

The cold-personality and stare she gave me slowly dissipates. “Brian, nice to see you.” I return her smile with one of my own. “How are you doing, Crystal?” “Not too bad, but I can’t complain.” We first met when she arrived in town. She gave me some odd stares which was normal but slowly, she stopped. She was nervous and cheery at first, but as time progressed, she grew more, withdrawn.

People greeted her but no one had really befriended her. By the time Pinkie came around, it was too late. I think this was the final point in which Crystal just went Abominable Snowpony on everyone. She was sad when I found her. She sat in the lobby, sniffling. I heard her while I was walking by the door.

I couldn’t help but stop to ask her what was wrong. She eventually opened up and told me how she was basically sneered at. She seemed so lonely. I told her that I had once felt this, until I found someone who would care for me. She brightened up and since then we became friends.

Even though she hated me being friends with Pinkie, she still liked talking to me. We talked about all sorts of things, lasting hours even. Now though, I don’t visit her much as my old age makes it hard to go out. We still write to each other though, which is still good.

She claps her hooves together to get my attention, interrupting my train of thought and my memory recollection. “Equestria to Brian, Equestria to Brian, are you there?” “Sorry about that, just really thinking.” “So I see…” She started to laugh nasally and I followed.

I decided to ask her for her help. “So, I heard that the new colt, Forest, stayed here. I was wondering if you could give me his key.” I snarled at the thought of mentioning his name. She gave me a nod. “I see you don’t like him either, shows that we have even more in common.”

I answered her with conviction. “I really don’t like him. He’s been nothing but trouble and he talks a little too much. I also guess no one taught him to respect his elders.” She gave me another approving nod. “Same here, he gave me the same routine.” We both disliked Forest.

She happily gave me the key. “Here you go, have fun, just not too much.” “Thanks.” I went to his room and unlocked the door. Time to go Inspector Gadget on his room. I looked all over the room, bathroom, and closets. There was nothing. I was starting to lose hope when it gleamed.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something shiny. I turned my head to see what it was. It was a safe, used from the looks of it. I knocked on the safe to see if it would sound hollow. It wasn’t. There was something inside of the safe.

I tried to pry it open but that didn’t work. I then tried to pick it but that didn’t work either. Finally, I tried every single combination of numbers that popped up in my mind. After an hour of trying, I gave up. I would have to get Forest talking about numbers. I gave the key back to Crystal at the reception desk and left.

I had nothing to do so I decided to take a walk in the forest. I arrived at the forefront of the Everfree forest. It was brimming with sounds of wildlife and magic. As said by many others, this forest was not normal. I was walking around my known surroundings until I decided to take a turn that I had never taken before.

Stretching down before me was the road not taken. The trees seemed to stretch out for me as I walked. I felt many watching eyes looking upon me. Then, I heard a noise; a twig snapping. Something was following me.

“Hello? Who’s there?” I whipped my head in every direction. The forest seemed to freeze at my suspicion. I fastened my pace and tried to leave the forest. More twigs snapped as I moved, each noise was getting closer and closer.

I turned at the final second to see something. I could not make out a figure but could see an aura. A shadow, if you will. It was a blue or azure color. It came towards me as I felt something hit me head. Darkness consumed me as I fell to the floor.

---------------------------

Pops was taking a while. He’s been gone the whole day. I don’t know where he went other than the note he left me. I read it again.

“Dashie,

Went to go take care of business in town. Don’t wait up.

Love, Dad”

Maybe I’m just being crazy. Maybe he was staying the night at one of the others’ house because he was too tired to make it home. I guess that could be an answer. I’ll just go to sleep. When I wake up, I’ll go to all of their houses.

I can’t sleep in my bed so I go to Dad’s room. I find comfort and safety inside of his warm blanket. I shut my eyes and feel relaxed. For some reason, I put my hoof in my mouth and start suckling on it. “Daddy….” I find myself whisper. “Come home soon.”

------------------------------

I heard some shuffling around me. Then I heard some sloshing. Finally, the cold rush of water hits my face. I jump up, taken back by the sudden surprise. I look around me and find myself in a cave. I find myself talking aloud. “Where..Where am I?”

I suddenly hear an arrogant and boastful voice speak, followed by the azure aura. “You are in the home of the Great and Powerful Trixie! Trixie finds you intriguing and wishes to study your body.” I turn and find myself before a blue pony with a silver mane. She is wearing a star-covered cape and has a matching wizard hat on the floor.

I recognize her. She’s Trixie, the boasting pony from My Little Pony’s sixth episode. I had never seen her since then. Dashie and the others also rarely spoke of her. When they did, they wondered where she had gone. I guess I found out.

“Why does my head hurt?” “The Great and Powerful Trixie felt that the only way to subdue a beast such as yourself, she had to knock you on the head with a rock.” I feel my head and feel some blood. It wasn’t bad but it was also treated, feebly. She had probably tried to treat me but wasn’t even sure how to herself.

“Can I just leave? It’s getting dark and my little girl is getting worried.” “Silence, the Great and Powerful Trixie is not finished with you yet. Trixie wants to see how you work, and if you can be controlled.” “Listen Tri- did you just say controlled?” She smiled at me evilly.

“Why, she is glad you asked! Trixie wishes to use you as a means of humiliating that wretched purple unicorn. The one that calls herself ‘Twilight Sparkle’. The one who humiliated Trixie and forced her to live in the forest, eating pine cones and whatever else she can gather.”

This was not surprising. But underneath her tone, I could tell she was a little scared. I got up and started to walk away. “Listen, nopony banished or forced you here. You can go to Ponyville.” “The Great and Powerful Trixie is not done yet!” I turn to face her.

“What’s the worst you can do? Lift me up and hit me with another log?” She pondered this option and shook her head. “No, that is old and not effective. It made Trixie have to treat your disgusting skin. Trixie has a better option.”

“Like what?” I ask her sarcastically. “Well, Trixie does have this whip…” Rarely do I ever curse but this couldn’t go without saying.

“Well, shi-”