• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 652 Views, 26 Comments

End of Days, End of Nights - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Nightmare Moon? Corona/Burning Sun? Who are they? The Dark King Eclipse is the villain to return in this reality, and he will stop at nothing to claim his rightful throne. To bad he's blind to a Grander Design.

  • ...
1
 26
 652

Part Seven: Pawn to E6!

The next day was beautiful. Snow had covered the ground during the night, and everything was just fine. Janice saw all of this through a window in her hotel room. She had always loved winter, and because of her lineage, the cold didn’t bother her as much as it would a regular unicorn. But to keep up appearances, she teleported her navy blue scarf to her from her room in Canterlot. She held it in her azure aura, and wrapped it around her neck. She let the spell drop and smiled. Teleportation was normally hard for unicorns, even those with great amounts of magic like the Astrolight & Lulamoon families. But those of the Trigem family were gifted with not only great amounts of magic, but also Spell Efficiency. This meant that they could use half as much magic for any given spell than a normal unicorn would to achieve the same effect. Janice was glad that her family had a similar gift to that of the Trigems. Janice then decided to go outside.

Just as she exited, Cloudkicker came into view. “Hey, Janice! Aren’t you cold with just a scarf on?”

Janice waved a hoof dismissively. “Psh, this weather is just mildly nippy. My half-siblings and I can handle much colder winters that this! It’s in our blood.”

Cloudkicker gawked. “Lucky! Most unicorns have somewhat poor constitutions, so they have to bundle up tighter and tighter as winter goes on. Lucky for them that the winter’ll be endin’ in roughly two months from the Extravaganza.”

Janice smiled somewhat resigned. “Well, I’ll be sad to see it go, but life must go on.” the Extravaganza was tomorrow, January 21st, so Janice decided to check the skies today. There were no clouds in the sky. “I’m guessing the night shift weather thestrals saw no harm in letting it snow last night, and I’m certain the Princesses won’t mind as long as there’s not a cloud in the sky when they bring out the total solar eclipse.” Eclipses weren’t exactly rare, seeing as partial ones were scheduled every three years, but seeing a total solar or lunar eclipse was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and were scheduled every 100 years, and didn’t run concurrently. This meant that every 50 years, a total eclipse would occur (say, a lunar one), and the next one 50 years later would be the other total eclipse.

Cloudkicker nodded. “M’kay, gotcha!” She then zipped off into the air. Janice then decided to go around and check how preparations were going throughout the rest of the day.


The ice blue stallion looked on in amusement. “So, they still don’t see my hoof in these events, not even that variable? How amusing.” He chuckled darkly. “However, soon it will be time to reveal my influence to these measely pawns… Not yet, though. Let’s just see what they do next…”


Janice felt better, now that she knew that preparations were going smoothly for her friends. Roseluck and Rarity were weighing the ratios of ribbons to flowers, the Union was cooking up equal shares of all the produce, Concerta was confident in her music, and Melia had practiced for her stunts. She decided to pay Maestro a visit at his place since he was on his lunch break. When she entered the emporium, a rainbow scaled hug met her. “Auntie Janice! It’s really you!”

“*gasp* P-prism! C-can’t… breathe!” Janice managed.

The scaly assailant let go and backed off sheepishly. “Sorry, Auntie.”

Janice then took a good look at her dragon of a niece. She’d grown to be the size of an average pony when standing bipedally, and her rainbow scales shone like steel. Her claws were sharper, and her gold belly scales shimmered. Her silver spines had grown as well, and were well glossed. Her copper dragon eyes spoke of a primal hunger, that was well kept in check. Her tail was about half as long as her body, and had small white spikes jutting out. But what Janice noticed most were the wings. Those were definitely new. They had spikes at the crest, and claw like structures at the ends. “My word, you’ve certainly grown a lot, Prism!”

She looked somewhat bashful at that. “Thanks, Auntie.”

Maestro came in chuckling. “So sis, how’d my little gem treat ya?”

Prism whined. “Dad, you know I don’t like it when you call me that anymore.”

Maestro turned to face his daughter, waving a hoof in her direction. “Now listen here, young lady! I am your father, and it doesn’t matter how big you get, you’ll always be my little gem. Do you understand me?”

“Yes, dad.” She looked down, dejected.

Janice then butted in. “Her hug wasn’t quite expected, but she didn’t surprise me too badly. I guess now I’ve gotta go around bracing with my full strength now that she’s this big!” Janice then laughed lightly, and Maestro and Prism soon joined in.

After the laughter died down, Maestro spoke. “Tomorrow’s a big day, but I’m ready for it. You best get ready for it too, Janice.” Janice nodded, and left for her hotel room. Tomorrow was the day that the Princesses themselves would see her hard work. And, for Janice, it came a bit too quickly.

Ponyville was buzzing with activity because of all the ponies coming to visit for the Extravaganza from all over Equestria. The decorations were up, the food was ready, and the booths for various artists hoping to get business were up. The place with by far the most attention was Maestro Spectrum’s Art Emporium, but that was practically a given since he carried art of all disciplines. The only thing missing were the Princesses themselves for the Eclipse Raising Ceremony that was about to start. All of the ponies in the town were anxiously awaiting their arrival, especially Janice. She wanted to to know just how well she’d pulled this together. Then, Mayor Ivory Scrolls announced their arrival, and the National Anthem, Beauteous Equestria, started up. The curtains on the stage rose, and the Princesses stepped out. The Royal Pony Twins were as regal as ever, Celestia with her warm kindness, and Luna with her serene protection. Celestia held up a hoof, and the cheers of the crowd died down. Luna then started to address the crowd.

“Our little ponies, it is for a wondrous occasion that we meet here this day.”

After a pause, Celestia continued where her sister had left off.

“Today is a celebration of Equestria’s greatest artistic minds, and of the ultimate symbol of unity among us all, a total eclipse.”

“It warms our hearts to see so many of you here this day, as it always has over the Extravaganzas of the past.”

“Now, without further ado, it is time for the Eclipse!”

At Celestia’s words, the crowd cheered as the Princesses melded their magic together. The ponies looked up to see the sun darkening, a black circle crossing in front of it. The movement of the black circle stopped when it was covering most of the light of the sun. The spell was cut, and the ponies cheered. “Now, let the Eclipse Extravaganza begin!”


The ice blue stallion looked upon the scene. “It is time for the first pieces to move now. Let’s begin…” He picked up a pawn from his chess board and moved it two spaces forward with a declaration. “Pawn to E6!”

Author's Note:

Here you go! Chapter seven! Well! Who exactly do you-

Hahahahahaha! Oh, I hardly think that those beyond the wall care about who I really am. All they see is a manipulative villain.

Ice-

Ah-ah-ah! Until you reveal what I call myself in chapter 15, you're just gonna have to keep the audience in suspense, now won't you?

Urk!

Now, let's finish this off already. Thanks go to Just A Random Pegasus for editing, constructive criticism appreciated, if you fave also upvote, feedback on what you liked/disliked is also appreciated. Now go back to your insignificant lives, pawns.

*SIGH* Sorry about him... Honestly, I'm not even certain how he got access to my author's notes...