• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 652 Views, 26 Comments

End of Days, End of Nights - The REAL Mister Pkmn



Nightmare Moon? Corona/Burning Sun? Who are they? The Dark King Eclipse is the villain to return in this reality, and he will stop at nothing to claim his rightful throne. To bad he's blind to a Grander Design.

  • ...
1
 26
 652

Part Twelve: Humor

CANTERLOT

King Eclipse was amused. These puny soldiers were trying oh so very hard to break his barrier. But, unfortunately for them, his barrier was the toughest in the world- after all, one would expect such a high caliber spell from the King of Equestria. Even with those two Astrolights firing spells left and right, and the troops constantly guzzling Ethers, it was only a matter of time before all of them over-channelled. And, when that occurred, he would unleash his full power, and force all of these foolish ingrates to bow to his will. Then, he would take the crown for himself once more. No mere mortal would stand in his way. The attacks on his barrier were starting to let up, but he knew that this was only temporary; soon the attacks would pick up once more in full force. King Eclipse had to admit to himself that these fools were rather stubborn, much too much so for their own good. Then, from the south east (the direction of Cloudsdale, he noted) came a squad of pegasai, wearing a peculiar blue and yellow bolt motif flight suit. Who are these fools, then? Eclipse wondered to himself. Then, from the north west (the direction of Thestralopolis, he observed) came a squad of thestrals wearing a similar flight suit that was midnight blue and purple instead. Wonderful, more fools for me to toss around. Eclipse grinned to himself. They can send as many reinforcements as they please, it won’t matter in the end. After all, no mortal stands in the way of King Eclipse and lives to tell the tale. The two squads drew close, coming in for a corkscrew diving attack. King Eclipse frowned. Wait a minute… that maneuver… Could it be…? Then, at the last moment, the squads pulled up, and unleashed flash bombs on Eclipse’s barrier. He scowled. I knew it! They even turned the Wonderbolts and Shadowbolts against me! This will not stand! He then charged up a spell for use the instant that they would let up their attacks from fatigue. Turning my airforce against me was the final straw!

EVERFREE FOREST

The group traveled until they reached a clearing. The then stopped to catch their breaths. Cloudkicker then spoke up. “Does anyone realize just how crazy this journey of ours is?"

Maestro piped up. “It may be insane, but it’s what we’ve gotta do. We shouldn’t stay long.”

Roseluck sighed. “I hope Lily and Daisy are doing okay... I trust that they won’t have thrown the town into utter panic during our quest…"

Melia flapped her wings in indignation. “I just hope that we can really pull this off.”

Zecora sighed. “The longer I stay within the Everfree, the harder it is to feel glee.”

Concerta pulled out her violin. “I know what’ll cheer you all up! One of my songs oughtta do the trick!” She than started to play an uplifting melody.

Maestro’s eyes gleamed. “Oh! I know this one!” He then summoned a saxophone, and put it to his lips and started to supply a steady background harmony. Concerta then started to sing.

“Your faces are etched with frowns,

It’s as if your world is full of browns,

But not to worry, I’ve a cure for you,

It’ll drain away the blues!

You gotta…”

Concerta and Maestro proceeded to act out the next portion of the song while somehow keeping the song going. The ghost of a smile could be started to be seen on some of the other’s faces.

“Jump on yer rump, now don’t be a grump!

Go up high, try and touch the sky!

Twirl on ‘round, ‘till ya fall t’ the ground!

C’mon, let me see you laugh out loud!

Your giddiness will dispel the clouds!”

Cloudkicker and Roseluck were laughing now, and the others had started to smile slightly as well. Concerta and Maestro continued with the song.

“You seem down in the dank,

But hey, let me be frank,

When you’re down and blue,

There’s just one thing to do.

You gotta…”

Once more, Concerta and Maestro acted out the next portion of the song, However, this time Cloudkicker and Roseluck had joined in as well. The others started to smile more openly as Cloudkicker and Roseluck chortled away.

“Tell a joke to someone new, it’ll get ya through!

Gallop through ticklebrush, feel that euphoric rush!

Spin spin spin, ‘till I see that grin!

C’mon, let me see you laugh out loud!

Your giddiness will dispel the clouds!”

The trip through the bristled weeds known as ticklebrush had loosened up everypony save for Janice into a fit of boistrous laughter, but she wasn’t too far from it herself. Concerta and Maestro continued with the song afresh.

“So now you’re chipper along with me,

And don’t you just feel so free,

So next time you’re feeling blue,

You’ll know just what to do!

You gotta…”

One last time, everypony acted out the upcoming portion of the song, and even Janice joined in, laughing up a storm.

"Jump on yer rump, now don’t be a grump!

Go up high, try and touch the sky!

Twirl on ‘round, ‘till ya fall t’ the ground!

C’mon, let me see you laugh out loud!

Your giddiness will dispel the clouds!

Tell a joke to someone new, it’ll get ya through!

Gallop through ticklebrush, feel that euphoric rush!

Spin spin spin, ‘till I see that grin!

C’mon, let me see you laugh out loud!

Your giddiness will dispel the clouds!

So c’mon and laugh wit’ me!”

The group dissolved into much laughter after that, and all were feeling better. Janice then grinned like a fool. “Thanks for that, Concerta. We needed that.”

Concerta chuckled, and spoke. “What can I say? Humor is the best way to alleviate the blues.” The group then ventured deeper into the Everfree.


The ice blue stallion hummed to himself. “It seems that it is time for me to give my pawn a little… push in the right direction. After all, I have to set things up perfectly for my Endgame.” He chuckled to himself somewhat darkly. “It will soon be time for these ‘heroes’ to meet me as well.” He then stood. “I’ll be looking forward to that.”

Author's Note:

Here's chapter twelve! I've come a long way with this so far. Only four more chapters to go! So, what are your guys' thoughts on this chapter? Feel free to let me know! It really helps. Thanks for editing got to Just A Random Pegasus. See you all next week!