• Published 14th Oct 2014
  • 2,329 Views, 28 Comments

The Cool Brazilian Wind - Lazy_



Samuel Rodriguez: Deadly Assassin, Samurai Mercenary, Handsome Rogue, Adorable Pastel Coloured Pony... wait, what was that last one again?

  • ...
6
 28
 2,329

Serious Sam is Serious

...

"Woah, woah, slow down there! What the hay are you talking about?" Red Heart pleaded as Sam furiously tried to explain to her what might happen to Equestria.

"The Winds of Destruction!" Sam blurted out, wildly waving his hooves to further demonstrate his worry about his old colleagues. "Remember the terrorists I was talking about with the Princess? The ones I worked with to cause a war?"

"Uhh, yeah." Red Heart cocked her head in confusion. "What have they got to do with anything? You said that... what's his face? Raiden? Yeah, Raiden, hunted them all down and killed them all. They're all gone now, so what's to worry about?" She finished. Sam grunted in frustration at the nurse's failure to connect the dots.

"I was one of them, Raiden hunted me down just like he did to them. If I got magically zapped into existence in this world then why not the rest of them?" Sam left the question open for Red Heart to figure out, which took only a few short seconds. Once she put everything into place her eyes opened up wide and she hung her mouth open, taking a short gasp. "Now you see my point."

"Do you really think that could've happened? And even if it did they wouldn't be very wise to act now. The Summer Sun festival starts the day after tomorrow and the place will be swarming with guards." The nurse said.

Sam stopped at that. The last time Desperado Enforcement had started a commotion was while a high political figure was on the move. Even with cyborgs and heavily armoured vehicles protecting them they couldn't stand up to their skilled operatives and force, his own force. Of course it was Sundowner who had actually killed the president but he had done most of the killing and the assaulting. The point was that they were not afraid of making appearances at big events and putting on a show. Whatever this 'Summer Sun' festival was, he would bet the big money that Armstrong would have taken an interest in it.

"Red Heart?" He asked. The nurse snapped her head is way after briefly glancing at another nurse attending a patient.

"Hmm?"

"Tell me, what is this 'Summer Sun' festival?"

"Well, it's a one day celebration that takes place in every settlement in Equestria where we celebrate the summer solstice." She explained like it was common knowledge. "Is it important?"

"Are there any famous figures around during the festival?"

"Princess Celestia comes out under guard escort to take part in the festivities, and Princess Twilight Sparkle will probably follow seeing as she and the other Elements of Harmony are charged with protecting Equestria from elevated threats. Princess Luna might even show her face too, though that'll be unlikely."

Alarm bells were ringing out in Sam's head by this point. Two, maybe even three princesses out in public on the same day and two of them even control the movement of the sun and moon! If they were to have mercenaries capture or assassinate one or more of them then that would be the perfect opportunity to offer their services to the kingdom as protectors. No doubt Armstrong would attempt to take the reins and control Equestria as a war hungry nation driven by revenge. This was not good.

"Red'? I need you to send a letter to the princesses. I don't care if they have other duties to do, but get the message across. Tell them I need to speak with them." Sam said sternly, almost an order. It wasn't too often he was so worried over something that wasn't himself, but if the remnants of Desperado were out there in Equestria something had to be done to protect the people who couldn't protect themselves.

"Uh, Ok. Should I do it-"

"Now, Redheart." Sam snapped. The nurse simply nodded and turned tail before walking off down the corridors in a slightly rushed walk. Sam sank back into his bed in thought. "-I have to get out of here, if the Winds' come looking for me, try to kidnap one of the princesses or assassinate them, I have to be able to stop it. I'm not letting what happened back in Africa happen again.-" After Sam had finished his musing, one of the very few ponies in the ward, one beside him got his attention.

"Heads up." He motioned him to look at the door where a certain R and D doctor was walking through in a hurry. "Nosy's here."

"Aww for-"


One hour later...

Twilight trudged through the doors of the Friendship Castle just in time to meet a blast of confetti to the face. She had barely been home for a few seconds, and the place had begun to feel a little too quiet. Of course, this was the cue for Pinkie Pie to Part Cannon an ocean of colour into her eyes and almost give her a heart attack. The rain of techni-colour paper lasted for a few seconds with the cheers of her friends backing all the part poppers and streamers going off. She stood slightly bewildered as her friends jumped out in front of her.

"SURPRISE!" They yelled. Twilight was silent for a second with a shocked look on her face.

"Aww, I think we made her jump!" Pinkie exclaimed, bouncing in place for a moment while Rainbow Dash shot out into the open. She was quickly followed by Rarity, Apple Jack and Fluttershy who all added their own chorus of noise to the 'surprise'.

"Hehe, nice to see you back safe, egghead." Dash dropped down and patted the purple princess on the head.

"Normally I am against such brash surprises, but that was quite the thrill." Rarity added in along with a round of nods and other confirmations. "Anyways, did Princess Celestia have anything important for you to do?"

"Sorry girls. Not that I don't trust you or anything, but that's top secret. I can't tell you anything... yet." Twilight replied, walking through the doors and across the surprisingly clear floor, considering it had just been scattered with technicolour confetti and streamers. Spike stepped out from behind the wall to enter along with her, but stopped when he saw all the mess conveniently placed out of the way, off to the sides.

"Woah, what happened here?" He asked, looking up to Twilight who just gave a light hearted giggle.

"Welcome wagon from the girls." Twilight said as she hauled her slightly weary body over to her chair at the large table spanning a significant portion of the room. "Specifically Pinkie's doing, though." Spike rolled his eyes at the mention of the party pony's name to the sound of the mare in question giving a small laugh.

"Who else?" He asked sarcastically. "To be honest, I'm not sure what else I expected." He joined Twilight by placing himself next to her chair. "So... what's been going on while we've been away?" Rarity seemed to fidget at the question for some unknown reason.

"Oh, not tha' much." Apple Jack answered, rising to the question. "Few ponies here n' there comin' in an' asking for ya'll." She then grew a sly grin and her eyes darted in the direction of the fashionista for a brief second.

"Don't you even dare." Rarity threatened, her lady-like voice creating a very odd tone when combined with an offensive attitude. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash looked like they could barely contain their laughter, having to stay it from leaving their mouths with their hooves. Fluttershy just appeared somewhat unsure of how to react.

"There were this one happenin'..." AJ started as Rarity grew a small blush and mashed her teeth together, looking like she was ready to pounch on the farmer and attack at any moment. AJ let the atmosphere tense for a few seconds before releasing her breath. "...Nah, it wouldn't be proper o' me t' say." Rarity's lethal expression died away and she seemed to be overwhelmed by a wave of relief.

The group set themselves into a small motion of laughter that lasted for a few seconds before it was interrupted by a belch from the little dragon in the middle of the circle. A blast of green fire rolled away and dispersed outwards to unveil a scroll which promptly fell into the claws of the drake.

"Huh, Celestia's Royal Seal." He said, examining the roll of papyrus for a couple of seconds.

"Celestia? I wonder what she could want now?" Twilight pondered, placing a weary hoof under her chin and looking up. The rest of the group gave each-other unknowing glances and exchanged suggestions as Spike unraveled the scroll. He held it out in-front of his face before clearing his throat.

"Dearest Twilight. I am well aware that you may have only just arrived back in Ponyville according to the train schedules, but something dire may have just arisen. Our pat-" He stopped and looked around. "Twilight, I think this one is supposed to be private. It's about him." Twilight sighed and glanced around, checking for any traces of paparazzi in windows and doors. Satisfied, she turned to her friends.

"Girls. Can I trust you all to keep a secret?"

"Yeah!"
"Yessir!"
"O' course!"
"Certainly darling."
"Oh, yes."

"Good. Because we're going to have to spill that secret with this letter. It's a national security thing. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them." The group huddled around to hear what was about to be said. Spike continued his reading.

"Our patient you have revealed to be called 'Jet-stream Sam' has had one of the nurses send me a letter concerning his past..."

"Who's Jet-stream Sam?" Pinkie asked.

"He's a patient they're holding at the Canterlot Infirmary. To the regular visitor he just looks like a normal patient, but as me and Spike have come to understand... He's anything but. No friends, or family. Guy was a free-lance sword who dedicated himself to hunting down terrorists. That was until he was finally beaten and made to join them. Recently he was supposedly killed in action by a figure similar to how he was before joining these terrorists. Awoke from his trauma induced coma only a day ago."

"... as the group he was previously affiliated with may be active in Equestria through the same means as his own appearance. He wishes to have a personal audience with us as the protectors of Equestria. He believes they may be a danger to our safety, and could make a move during the Summer Sun Festival. If he is correct then a lot of ponies may be at risk. I am going to have him escorted to my court within the hour. Though if you could fill me in on as much information on him as possible before then, I would be most grateful. Yours truly, Celestia."

"Woah..." Rainbow started after a brief period of silence. "That sounds serious." Twilight darted around, her head stopping at Spike.

"Spike, get me some papyrus!"

"On it!" He darted away into a deeper part of the castle to find some papyrus for his next scroll.