• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 1,925 Views, 49 Comments

The Scrapper - J8ck78



For 1000 years a pony has been frozen in ice. Whee Twilight frees him, he doesn't know why he did it

  • ...
1
 49
 1,925

Chapter 6 - That part is solved

Two determined ponies sat at a cave entrance while a third read an old book and the fourth looked over the area with a Sonic Screwdriver.

"What's taking him so long?" asked the Doctor.

"It's been a half an hour." remarked Twilight.

"30 minutes, 23 seconds, 97 milliseconds, 872 Microseconds, 5223 nanoseconds, 69834 picoseconds, 234877 femtoseconds, 67873321 Attoseconds!" Pinkie corrected her.

As the other two stared at her in amazement. Whooves thought on it for a second and gasped in amazement: "Wow you're right!"

Playing it off as Pinkie being Pinkie, they continued to wait. It was another few minutes when Derpy felt a shaking behind her and looked to see Pinkie's tail twitching!

"Pinkie! Look!"

Pinkie, too concentrated on the waiting game, looked back to see her tail twitching.

"Twitchy twitcha twitcha twitch!" said Pinkie

"Wait, twitchy tail...." pondered Whooves

"HIDE!" yelled Twilight

Whooves leaped behind a rock as Twilight and Pinkie hid in a bush. Derpy herself looked around for a hiding spot and flew up into the air and blended in with the clouds behind her, except her hair. Either way, she hovered there and looked on as she saw Scrapper nearly crash landing not far off. Knowing the rules of time travel, she didn't hide as she and her friends looked on as Scrapper quickly ran into the cave, tripping over a rock as he ran. From the looks of it, he was a nervous wreck and was already falling over himself. The wings on his back, which looked as if they had been fine crafted from scrap metal and swords, were starting to fall off. He ran into the cave as Whooves stepped out of his hiding place. Scanning the area with his Sonic Screwdriver he looked on alarm.

"Quickly! The event is about to take place! The vortex is starting!"

Twilight, Derpy, and Pinkie followed close behind the Doctor as he headed towards the cave entrance.

"How do you know?"

The entire cave shook with ferocity as a green light glowed at the end of where they were running to.

"Call it a hunch Twilight!" yelled Whooves

They ran to through an opening to find Scrapper facing off against a large glowing green cloud that seemed to be laughing.

"I know that laugh!" claimed a horrified Twilight thinking back to the train

Scrapper stood his ground and looked at the could defiantly before slamming his hoof down.

"I am warning you! Leave this place at once!" he yelled to the cloud

"Oh I will!" mocked the cloud, "I will easily leave this cave and will regain the throne that is my masters birthright!"

"You leave me no choice!" called out Scrapper

As Scrapper pulled out the green gem and shined it at the cloud, it screamed in agony.

"NO! I will not go in there!"

"Too bad!" yelled Scrapper

He fired a magical beam at the cloud, which arced over to the gem and caused both Scrapper and the cloud a great deal of pain. The cloud itself, in a last ditch attempt shot yellow beams to the cave ceiling, and ice began to form. The frozen liquid quickly surrounded Scrapper, but he did not give up, in fact he began to laugh.

"I planned this you witch!" he yelled through grunts of pain, "Within a few days a rescue party will come to release me from your icy prison!"

"Not if you don't remember who you are!"

Scrapper looked on in fear as a white beam struck his horn. He yelped in pain but shot out his own beam to resist it. Yet, this caused the cloud to only laugh.

"Choose you pathetic pony! Lock me away forever, or lose all memory of why!"

Scrapper grunted in pain and agony as he began to lose strength. He couldn't choose for each one would have him fail. Already he was beginning to forget the past few moments, and he could feel his enemy trying to shatter the gem he was trying to seal her with. Not far away, the Doctor and crew watched in horror at the sight beholding them. Derpy and Pinkie ducked for cover afraid what was going on as Whooves shut off his Screwdriver knowing what was about to happen. The battle between the two went on and on until Twilight could stand it no more and aimed her horn at the cloud.

"Twilight!" Yelled the Doctor, "What are you doing!?"

"We have to help him!" she yelled

Whooves tried to drag her back down, but Twilight was too strong at the moment. In desperation he began to plead with her.

"You know what will happen if we mess with the time stream!"

"Whatever that thing is it is sealed away in the gem, and Scrapper still knew who he was!" explained Twilight

Whooves pondered it for a moment before shrugging.

"I guess that's time for you. Fire away!"

Twilight smiled and prepared herself for her most powerful attack spell. Her horn heated up as the power entered it before it was discharged in a pink beam of energy that struck the cloud dead center. It screamed in pain and was temporarily distracted, giving Scrapper all the time he needed and doubled his energy output in the sealing spell as the ice closed around him. His opponent was locked away inside the gem as the ice fully covered him, and he didn't know why.

"Is, is, is it over?" asked Derpy as she came out of hiding

"Yes Miss Hooves, I think it is."

She was still nervous, shaking as she stepped out, followed by Pinkie, who had no words to say whatsoever. They walked into the cavern where the frozen Scrapper lay. The ice was so cold that Whooves first idea was to check the temperature on the ice on the Sonic Screwdriver.

"Good lord! -2340 degrees!"

"That's cold." said Twilight

"S-s-s-s-s-u-u-u-u-u-r-r-r-r-r-r-e-e-e-e-e f-f-f-f-f-e-e-e-e-el-l-l-l-s-s-s l-l-l-l--i-i-i-i-i-k-k-k-k-k-e-e-e-e- i-i-i-i-i-t-t-t-t-t!" shivered Pinkie

"Brr, I'm going over there where it's warm!" said Derpy walking out

"It sure is cold!" exclaimed the Doctor, "That is just the surface! I'm not going to begin on the internal temperature! Let's just put it this way, the way this ice is formed and how cold it is, everything in there stops. Movement, life, magic, even time!"

"Then, how did your TARDIS pick up the Vortex a thousand years in the past?" asked Twilight

"Simple." said the Doctor putting his Screwdriver away, "The Vortex resonated in the ice for so long once it began to thaw it started to escape! It was sheer coincidence that you found Scrapper here not long after I picked up the left overs."

"You s-s-s-s-s-s-sure?" asked Pinkie walking to where Derpy stood

"Of course I'm sure! You forget who I am!"

"Some crazy pony with a magical time box." claimed Twilight walking out

"Hey!" yelled the Doctor “It's not magical!”

"He's right Twilight!" argued Derpy

"Thank you Miss Hooves."

"His box is not magical!"

Whooves didn't say a word and just walked out behind Twilight before she suddenly stopped frozen in fear.

"What is it Twilight?"

"Scrapper still has that Gem! That cloud is sealed up inside of it and he has no clue what it does!"

"A power that great could easily over power Princess Celestia!" said a shocked Pinkie

"You're right Miss Pie! Quickly! To the TARDIS! We need to get to him now!"

----

Meanwhile the "future" Scrapper ran through the streets of Canterlot trailed by his sister and Colgate.

"So, where did you meet my kid brother?" asked Menuet

"Huh?" asked Colgate

"Swords here. Where did you meet him?"

"In Ponyville walking home."

"Tell me, what was he doing there?"

"I don't know! I was just returning a item he dropped and I got roped into this."

"What item was it?"

"Am I being interrogated or something!?" snapped Colgate

"Sorry. I'm a bit protective of my brother." replied Menuet

"Not to worry miss. Nothing against Scrapper, but I'm not interested."

"Really?"

Colgate gave her a look and Menuet understood it all. With no questions left they ran behind Scrapper as other ponies looked on curious as to why they were running. The answer became apparent as they arrived at a high end home near the edge of the capitol city with the word "BENNETT" scribed over the door. Scrapper himself wasted no time and knocked on it with his hoof a few times, but was then forced to wait. A few moments later he knocked again until a male pony was heard yelling "I'm walking down the stairs!" Colgate raised her eyebrow until she heard the same voice grumbling again as he opened the door. He was a short and round burnt orange Earth Pony with a travelers vest on and wearing a pair of spectacles on his face. He was appeared older than Scrapper, but it seemed premature. His eyes laid upon Colgate and he looked on in wonder.

"Menuet? Why are your clothes off?"

"I'm over here Augustus." said Menuet

Bennett looked between Menuet and Colgate amazed and dumbfounded.

"There's two of you!?"

"Bennett! Now is not the time!"

Bennett looked up to Scrapper and adjusted his glasses. He stared in proud amazement as he marvelled at Scrapper sheer appearance.

"Swords! You made it! You defeated her! Please come in, come in!"

He ushered all three of them in and closed the door. His house to Colgate seemed like the very house Daring Do would live in. Ancient treasures, old worn out maps, bones of animals long since extinct ranging from what Colgate read as a Raphus cucullatus, a Thylacinus cynocephalus, and a Harpagornis moorei. As she looked the fossils over, Bennett sat down with Menuet and Scrapper and poured himself a drink. He passed the tray with the pot and cups, but only Menuet proceeded to pour herself a drink.

"So, tell me Swords, how did you defeat her."

"I don't think I did. In fact I don't even know who she is." said Scrapper

"A memory lapse spell." said Bennett, "It will pass."

"Actually, I'm here for this."

Scrapper pulled out the gem from his sleeve, and Bennett spit his drink all over the place. He looked to the green gem in horror and doubled over his chair and hid behind a curtain. Colgate walked up and saw the gem and took a few steps back herself. Even Menuet, seeing the rest of the ponies react in such a way, backed away from the gem which Scrapper held.

"Why did you bring that accursed thing in here! I thought you hid that monster away never to be found!"

"I don't even know what this is Bennett!" yelled Scrapper

"How can you not know what that thing is! You were describing it to me a few hours ago!" yelled Bennett

"I wasn't talking to you a few hours ago." said Scrapper

"Yes you were! You were sitting right there!"

"A few hours ago I was having Lunch with Princess Luna and Princess Celestia."

Bennett tore from his hiding place and grabbed a sword and pointed it at his friend.

"She has corrupted you hasn't she!" he cried, still speaking clearly with the sword in his mouth, "Princess Luna, or as she called herself Nightmare Moon, was locked away months ago in he moon!"

"Calm down Bennett! Let me explain!"

"Explain what!? You've gone insane! She's gotten to you!"

"Who is this "she" you speak of? Bennett, I'm going to be blunt with you: I'm not the Scripted Swords you spoke to a few hours ago."

"Then what are you?" asked Bennett still holding his sword

"I'm Scripted Swords from the future, a thousand years in the future."

"How does that help me? Time travel spells for this long are impossible!"

"Well, I didn't use a spell. It was a box."

"A box? Like a time machine?" asked Bennett, "You really have gone insane."

"Bennett, please listen!" tried Menuet

"I bet you're in on this aren't you!" snapped Bennett, "You, I bet you're her! yes! You are all here to finish me off!"

Colgate looked around and saw no other pony and assumed that meant her. Bennett began to slowly walk forward, brandishing the sword in his mouth when the wall began to shake and light objects flew around the room. Bennett backed up in fear as an orange glow materialized in the center of his room. Another flash came from the center of the room, bringing a big blue police box with it. The door opened and out jumped the Doctor, Sonic Screwdriver at the ready. Twilight was right behind him, her horn charged in preparation. Whooves looked over the area for his target. He saw the gem still in Scrappers hand and aimed his screwdriver toward it. Scrapper felt a sharp pain and the gem flew up into the air before Twilight caught it with her magic.

"Quick! Put it into the TARDIS." ordered Whooves before turning back to the his new crowd, "Oh, hello there!"

"Uh, who, who are you?" asked the pony Whooves mistook for Colgate at first.

"Oh, I'm the Doctor! Time Lord, slayer of Cyberponies, enemies of Daleks, savior of the galaxy!"

"What?" asked Menuet with a puzzled look on her face.

"He's a time specialist. Let's leave it at that." said Twilight walking out.

"That makes it sound dull and boring!" grumbled Whooves.

Upon finishing his grumble, he spotted Bennett shaking, still armed with a sword.

"Hello! I'm the Doctor! How can I be of assistance?"

"You were right!" said Bennett, sword dropping from his mouth

"Well, of course I was!" Whooves said triumphantly whilst poking Twilight

"No he meant me!" Scrapper corrected the Doctor, "I told you Bennett!"

"Sweet Celestia, so that means you are trapped in the caves! I will set up a search party immediately!"

"Ah, no! Can't do that!" said the Doctor rather flatly.

"Why not? He's trapped!" yelled Bennett

"Like he very well should be!" argued the Doctor, "He needs to stay trapped for the next thousand years or else Twilight will never discover him, we'll never come back here, and you will never know!"

"I can't abandon my friend!"

"For the sake of everypony else on this planet, and every other species in this universe!"

Bennett stopped what he was doing and looked to the brown maned stallion standing before him.

"The whole Universe?"

"Well, not at first, but the paradox will start to slowly rip space and time apart until everything is destroyed. Forward and back. Not to mention you will destroy this Scrapper in the process!"

Bennett sat down and looked towards Scrapper. He, though having very little idea what the Doctor was talking about, agreed with the Pony Time Lord. Bennett shook his head and pulled himself together.

"Well, alright."

"Brilliant! Very well then, come along Ponies, back to our original timelines! We mustn't wait!"

"We can show up at anytime Doctor, there is no hurry." said Twilight

"Hold on!" said Menuet, "Will this Scrapper ever be coming back?"

"Yeah can Menuet come?" asked Scrapper

"Don't know." said Whooves, "Maybe, but, well I guess maybe. However, the TARDIS is not a toy and I don't like giving free rides."

"Can I go with him then?"

"Nope." said Whooves

"Why not Doctor?" Asked Derpy, "I don't think she has any real connection to this timeline."

"The grey one is right." commented Bennett, "Menuet has no kids or is even married."

"Exactly my point!" said the Doctor, "If I am correct, Colgate would you stand next to her please."

Colgate stood next to Menuet as Whooves scanned both with his Screwdriver. The two looked at each other in confusion as the Doctor laughed in joy.

"Just as I suspected! She can't go into the future with us because Miss Colgate here is Menuet's great great great Granddaughter."

"What?" asked everyone around him

"Grandma?" asked Colgate, more out of confusion

"She's my granddaughter?" asked Menuet

"Why sure!" exclaimed the Doctor, "Colgates real name is Minuette, a respell of Menuet! You have the same color, near exact match for manes! Also, my Screwdriver said so and it is never wrong!"

"So, that means if I go into the future, I wont be around to have, whoever, and then Minuette here wont be born?"

"Yep!" answered Whooves, "She wont be born and will cease to exist!"

"Well, I can't do that to my Granddaughter. I'll stay."

She smiled at Colgate, who smiled back. It was a little awkward between the two, but in the past few minutes they had seen stranger things happen. Twilight and Derpy entered as Pinkie stuck her head and hoof out to wave goodbye before Twilight pulled her back in. As Colgate entered the TARDIS behind Whooves and Scrapper before Menuet poked her on the flank.

"Do watch after your Uncle, for me please?" she whispered to her

"Sure thing Grandma."

They entered the TARDIS and it powered up, slowly disappearing from sight as it re-entered the time stream.