• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 1,922 Views, 49 Comments

The Scrapper - J8ck78



For 1000 years a pony has been frozen in ice. Whee Twilight frees him, he doesn't know why he did it

  • ...
1
 49
 1,922

Chapter 11 - She's Here!

"Just how far does this cave go?" Derpy's voice echoed as she flew around it.

"As far as it needs to Ah guess." Replied Applejack, "Rainbow, you sure you know where yer goin'?"

"Yes! I'm sure of it!"

On the ground were the hoof prints of their targets. They soon came to a large opening inside the cave where three routes branched off.

"Dang! We'll need to split up!" stated Rainbow Dash.

"I'll take Colgate! Left!" said Applejack

"Pinkie and I can go right!" twirled Derpy right up to Rainbow

"I'll go in the middle." finished Rainbow, "Let's move out!"

The five took off, ready for anything they were to encounter. Or so they thought. Derpy was flying in front of Pinkie when she suddenly saw a a silhouette of a pony ahead. Zooming forwards, Derpy tackled the figure and was ready to deliver a heavy blow when she realized it was Pinkie!

"How did you?" tried Derpy.

"I don't know!" came Pinkie.

The two mares looked around, this wasn't going to end well.

Elsewhere, Colgate was right on the tail of Applejack, glancing around the cave. Upon looking back, Applejack was gone. Colgate scooted to a stop and looked around in fear. It went as far forward as she could see, and the entrance wasn't in site. There was no way Applejack could lose her that fast, or turn around to run past her.

"A-A-Applejack?" stammered Colgate.

"Uh, down here." came a familiar southern drawl.

Colgate looked below her. She began to stare at the floor in confusion.

"Other way." Applejack's voice spoke again

Colgate looked up to see Applejack standing on the ceiling with a equally confused look on her face.

"How did you get way up there?" asked Colgate

"I should be askin' you that!" responded Applejack

"But, you're on the ceiling!"

"No, Ya'll is on the Ceiling!"

There was a awkward silence between the two as they both attempted to figure out what was goin on.

"Maybe we should keep going." Was Colgate's suggestion.

"Sounds like a plan!"

Admits this confusion, was Rainbow Dash. Her tunnel banked straight up vertically, and she was flying as fast as she could. She dodged rocks and stalagmites, or stalactites, and zoomed through a hole in a rock. It seemed to be endless, going on forever, and with her speed she must have travelled several miles straight up.

"Just how tall is this cave?" Her voice echoed through the cavern.

There, yes, there it was! A light, a tiny, minuscule, but oh so magnificent light at the very top of this Discordian blessed cave. Putting both hooves in front of her, she barrelled towards it, teetering on the edge of a sonic rainboom. She was about to break the sound barrier when she burst through the hole causing an explosion of rocks and rainbows.

"Good gravy Rainbow! You tryin' to kill us?"

"Huh? Wha?" said a shocked Rainbow Dash.

All around her were her friends. Derpy, Pinkie, Colgate and Applejack! All of them! Not only that, but there were three tunnels in this little cavern.

"How did you?" tried Rainbow Dash, "How did I, I was going up, not down!"

"Don't ask, we don't know." replied Pinkie with a worried tone,

This coming from Pinkie Pie, the pony who nopony else could understand, was more than enough for Rainbow to drop the subject. She looked to the central tunnel and threw her hoof forward. As the ponies approached it, the cave ended, revealing itself to be a tunne. They heard shouting, and sounds of fighting.

"Protect the cart Guard!" ordered a voice

"That's Shining Armor!" yelled Pinkie

"Twilight's brother?" Applejack looked concerned. “What in the hay is he doing way out here?"

"We got to help him!" Rainbow shouted.

The five ponies charged forward through the tunnel until they came to out to Everfree forest yet again. Down below was a small skirmish between seven Royal Guards in silver Armor, and the three creatures they had been chasing.

"Come on!" yelled Rainbow Dash diving into the fight.

Shining Armor heard what sounded like wings, and before he knew it, he saw five more ponies emerging from the cave. He almost fired when he saw the rainbow trail leaving the lead figure, and he only knew of one pony who had such a trail.

"We got reinforcements!"

"YEEEHAAA!"

Applejack leaped into the air and bucked the largest creature's head, followed by a blow to the side from Rainbow Dash. It stumbled around for a bit before it came face to face with Colgate.

"This is for Berry!"

With a quick buck, it sailed over the horizon and landed in a tree. The spider creature, who was holding back four Unicorns Guards, was sat upon by Derpy, allowing the guards to quickly escape and bound it's legs together with their magic. The leader of the group sprouted a pair of bat-like wings and began flying around the opening. Upon seeing what was happening, he dove towards the cart in a last ditch attempt to break it. He never made it. Just as he was about to smash it open, the Earth Pony leading the cart delivered a powerful blow, knocking him back into the celling. He was then struck twice in the stomach by the Royal Guard Pegasus before Rainbow Dash delivered the final blow. She had flown up and grabbed a stray thundercloud and positioned it right above him. With one jump, 3000 volts entered the creatures body and he fell to the ground. The battle was won, and the victors looked over them. Shining Armor stood over them before nodding to his Guards. The Unicorns charged their horns and each of the attackers was suddenly constricted in magical bindings and unable to move.

"Who are you?" demanded Shining Armor

"Like we'll tell you!" came the leader

"Oh we have ways." A small grin forced its way onto Rainbow's face.

"You do?" asked the Earth Pony Guard

"Oh yes." replied Rainbow Dash, "Pinkie! You have that Party cannon?"

Pinkie smiled happily before reaching behind a large rock to reveal a light blue cannon. She aimed it at them. The three looked on confused before Pinkie fired it. Confetti and party strings flew out, and the three were suddenly dressed like clowns.

"What the?" yelled the Pegasus Guard

"Party Cannon! Never leave home without it!" sang Pinkie

"Get this junk off us!" yelled the one of the creatures.

"Tell us who you are!" Shining Armor demanded again.

"No!"

"Pinkie?" asked Rainbow Dash

Pinkie fired again, and they were dressed like cowboys.

"This is even worse!" yelled the leader

"Excuse me?" asked Applejack, "Pinkie, fire again."

Pinkie fired again, going through a myriad of party styles. My First Birthday, Pirate, sweet 16, black and white, ancient Greece, Victorian, spaceponies, the Mane 6, all ending with them dressed as pretty princesses. Unable to contain themselves, they all doubled over laughing, even the Royal Guard couldn't contain themselves at how ridiculous their captives looked. The three "princesses" themselves grew red in the face at the laughter. Suddenly a bright light emerged from the darkness. They all looked, recovering instantly from the short laughing fit to see that Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Scrapper, and Captain Shadow had emerged from nowhere.

"Twilie!" said Shining Armor happy to see sister

She ran over and hugged her big brother before looking back to see her friends.

"What are you all doing here?"

"Long story Sugarcube." responded Applejack

"Captain Armor! You're going to be ambushed!" yelled Shadow running towards him.

"We know." said Armor revealing his captives

"Uh, why do you have three Princesses tied up?" Scrapper asked, not sure whether to be confused, or to laugh.

"Huh? Pinkie!" yelled Scrapper

Pinkie pulled the lanyard on the cannon, and the outfits were sucked back into the cannon.

"With these Mares help, we managed to stop them. Now we just have to find out who they are."

"Way ahead of you!" said Scrapper, "A fourth one was captured in the Palace had their names written on a scroll that fell out when we were taking her to the dungeon. The big on is Bruturr, the spider on is Aranea, while their leader is Turba.

"Fourth one?" came the Unicorn mare Guard, "Who captured her?"

"Sergeant David." replied Shadow happily

The Guards talked amongst themselves in amazement upon hearing this. However, this was hushed as Celestia and Luna walked up to the three creatures angrier than ever.

"You three are going to be locked up in Tartarus for a long long time." said Celestia.

"Locked so deep that nothing will be able to comfort you!" added Luna

"I don't think so." said Turba with a sinister sneer.

"You challenge me and my sister?" Luna quizzed the prisoner in a threatening tone.

"Not me, them!" sneered Turba again.

The sound of wood snapping from behind caught their attention, and they turned to see shadow-like ponies emerging from the darkness. There were hundreds of them covering the room.

"Guards!" ordered Celestia

The Guard formed a defensive line around the Princesses and their subjects while they themselves got ready to do battle.

"Do we stand a chance?" asked Colgate

"Of course we do!" responded Scrapper, his voice filled with confidence, "We got the Royal Princesses, Royal Guard Captain, Captain of the Lunar Guard, the Guards elite, you, myself, Twilight and some of her friends. This is going to be easy."

"I hope you are right Swords." Luna had a calm and cautious look on her face.

For his own sake, he hoped he was right too.

----

Sparks flew from the center console as Whooves shoved three levers into position and looked at a screen. Nothing, nothing was right, nothing made sense. Still, as Rarity screamed in fear in the background, he didn't give up.

"Doctor! What is going on!" yelled Fluttershy

"I don't know!" was his reply

He fought with the controls, he went to throw a switch, when it threw itself. It caught him off guard when this happened, and it happened again when several buttons pushed themselves he was planning on pushing. Seeing this, he knew whatever it was that was causing this mess, it wasn't his TARDIS.

"Alright old girl! Let's do this!"

With both the Doctor and his TARDIS fighting whoever it was controlling it, things became very chaotic inside. Fluttershy and Rarity hid under the console while the Doctor and his machine worked furiously to stop it. objects appeared on he walls and disappeared,. The room reshaped itself before instantly reverting back to the original form. Lights flickered, sirens wailed. Doors opened and closed by themselves, revealing different rooms each time. One opened to a forest, another to a pool. One to a bedroom, and another to the very room they were standing in. There was a awkward silence as the mirror counter parts stared at each other before the door shut again. Whooves looked around to see the everything going on when he saw it, the panel he installed. It was blinking and fluttering about, the source of all this! Looking around, the TARDIS opened a panel revealing his Sonic Screwdriver, He grabbed it, aimed it at the panel, and fired. Sparks flew before the whole thing erupted into flames and dissolved into nothingness.

"That's how we do it old girl! Great show!"

"Is... is... is it over?" Rarity asked coming out of her hiding place

Fluttershy still had her hooves over her eyes cowering in terror. Rarity coaxed her out until the lights started flickering again.

"Oh no! We still got quite a ride ahead of us!"

"What!?" gasped Rarity

"Oh yeah!" replied Whooves, "With the amount of stuff that happened, the TARDIS is going on a crash course!"

"Where?" yelled Rarity as the TARDIS flipped over

"Wherever the thing that was controlling us is!"

The TARDIS jerked violently throwing Rarity and Fluttershy into a wall while the Doctor held onto the console.

"Oh, this is going to hurt!"

----


The battle was intense. Even with the might of the Guard Elite, both of the Royal Princesses, Twilight and three of her friends, Derpy, Colgate, and Scrapper, the shadow Ponies still advanced towards them. When ever one was blasted away, another took it's place. Celestia shot a beam that evaporated several dozen, while Luna made the trees come alive and grab many more. Pinkie grabbed Twilight's tail and spun it like a lever, releasing magic bolt after magic bolt into the shadows. Applejack and Charger bucked them as they came, while Shining Armor formed a line with the Unicorn guards and with a move of his hoof, fired into the shadow ponies. The continuous stream of deadly magic drove the shadows back. They were joined in by Scrapper, Twilight, Colgate, Celestia and Luna. Pinkie aimed her party cannon and fired while Applejack bucked apples at them. From above, the Pegasus Guard, Captain Shadow, Derpy, and Rainbow Dash grabbed thunder clouds and struck lightning bolts down around the shadow ponies. All the while, the cart holding the gem stayed secure as Haze looked on to see his army falling, yet stood with a smile on his face.

"What do we do?" asked Bruturr

"Don't worry, I know what's going to happen." replied Turba

Then, as he finished his words, the world seemed to shake with incredible force. The Unicorn and Alicorn line stopped firing as they tried to keep their footing. The Pegasus' clouds dissolved into nothing and they slowly floated back to their friends and watched. From above, a yellow ball of lightning formed not controlled by the Pegasi. It struck out and dissolved several shadow ponies into ash before turning a tree to ash as well. One bolt struck out towards Luna who was busy with some shadow ponies, but Scrapper acted fast and rose up a shield. The lightning cracked the magic as if it was glass, but the barrier held firm. More bolts sparked and spewed from the ball, turning things to ash in a instant. Celestia rose up her own shield to protect the rest of the ponies as the lightning went out of control. They all looked on in fear before it exploded and out zoomed the TARDIS. It's familiar sound was heard, but it almost seemed like it was screaming in pain as it did. It flew up into the air, spinning violently before coming right back down toward the ponies.

"Take cover!" yelled Shining Armor

The TARDIS flew in between them as they dove out of the way, taking a few shadow ponies with it. It slammed into the ground, tumbling slightly into the air again before smashing into the cart carrying the gem. The force of the impact unleashed a wave of golden vortex energy that knocked everyone down and turned the shadow ponies into nothing. All was silent save for the steam coming from the TARDIS as the rest started to stand up. Suddenly, the door on the TARDIS was punched open by a brown hoof. Whooves emerged out of breath and slumped over the side of his machine and looked around.

"Oh, hello! Fancy seeing you here!"

"Doctor!" bellowed Celestia, "What is the meaning of this!"

"No, no, no! Wait! I'm not ready yet your Highness!"

He withdrew back into the TARDIS. Some grunting from him was heard before Rarity clambered out of the TARDIS. Her eyes were filled with fear, she was shaking, and her normally beautiful mane was frayed and messy.

"Rarity! What are you doing in there?" asked Pinkie

She shook her head and looked around. She could get a word out before Fluttershy flew out of the TARDIS and hid in a tree.

"Fluttershy?" came Rainbow Dash, "Who else do you have in there? Scootaloo?"

"Nope, that's all!" answered Whooves, jumping out of the TARDIS.

"Now then! What is the meaning of this?" demanded Celestia, "You could have killed us all!"

"Wish I knew!" spoke Whooves, "Apparently, someone had control of my TARDIS!"

"How is that even possible?" Derpy asked, looking rather worried.

"Well, whoever it was had no idea what happens when you try and control a TARDIS with her Time Lord present!" he answered proudly

"So, why did it send you here?" came Scrapper

"Oh right that. Well, you see-"

He was cut off by sinister laughing from behind him. He looked back in fear to see a thick green smoke rising from the destroyed remains of the cart. He quickly turned on the TARDIS invisibility before backing up to the rest of the group. The face of a demonic mare could be seen in the cloud, cackling, as if to mock them. The guards stood in attack position while the Princesses moved to protect their subjects. This made the demonic mare laugh even harder before it released a wave of energy that shook the ground and retracted the trees. It did nothing to anypony standing around them, except Scrapper. His eyes flashed green for a instant before his head throbbed in pain. He grunted loudly in pain and bent down, holding his head.

"Scrapper! You okay?" asked Shining Armor.

"I remember! It's Eris! That's her name!"

"Eris?" Armor responded, "Never heard of her!"

"I do." said Celestia, "Even Discord didn't like to be alone!"

"Huh?" asked Twilight

"What fun is there causing all that Chaos and to have no one to share it with who would understand!" Luna added.

"Pretty much Discords wife!" said Scrapper

"Where did that even come from?” asked the Doctor, but got no response

Eris laughed even louder from inside her cloud before another wave of magic was released, throwing them all to the ground. As they tried to get back up, they were suddenly constricted in bindings and unable to move. Their hooves, their wings, even their horns were caught in this strange magical rope. They all looked over the Alicorn flying above them, each one unable to move thanks to the spell she cast upon her release. She may have very well been Discord herself, for her form may have been a Alicorn, but it was almost a parody of it. A Grey mane with a brown body. One wing was bone, the other of a bat. Two horns sat atop her head. One looked similar to a Unicorns horn, but the other looked like a malformed tree branch. Her front hooves ended in razor sharp talons like of a griffon, whilst her hind legs were that of a Pony and a lizard. Her tail was of three, a dragon, a scorpion, and a lion. She floated the laughing down at them as they all struggled to get free.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! Look at you all!" she sneered in an extremely irritating voice, "Despite your best efforts, all of you are now helpless before me!"

"You wouldn't be saying that if you didn't have us in these bindings!" snapped Rainbow Dash

Her response was just a laughed as she floated to the ground.

"Even the great Pony sisters failed to stop me! Scripted Swords it seems you have failed as I said you would."

"You wont get away with this Eris!" shouted Celestia

"I already have! Soon I will reawaken Discord so that he can take his rightful place on the throne and rule all of Equestria!"

"Seriously!" yelled Whooves, "You want to do that!?"

"Excuse me?" came Eris

"I've seen what Discord's power does! How can you even think that it's a good idea! It doesn't make sense!"

"It's Chaos and disharmony. it's not supposed to make sense!" snorted Eris

"She's got you there." whispered Rainbow Dash

"Even the Captains of the Royal Guard and their elite failed miserably. You have no chance, submit to Discords will, and maybe he will spare you."

"We will never surrender to the likes of Discord." Twilight shouted in defiance.

"Then you can sit by and watch as everypony in Equestria falls. None will be able to stand before me!"

As she laughed maniacally, Shadow looked up and noticed a star that shouldn't be there. It seemed to be getting brighter than the rest.

"You're wrong there Eris."

"HA! How is that?" the twisted Alicorn asked the Lunar Guard Captain

"A certain pegasus guard stands a chance." answered Shadow

"Who him?" with a flat tone Eris pointed to Crescent

"Who, me?" asked the confused Guard

As Eris laughed, rattling began nearby. They looked to see Pinkie's tail twitching violently.

"Uh oh, somethings going to fall from the sky!" yelled Applejack

"What?" asked Eris, "What is? What is falling from the sky?"

"An idiotic guard." answered Shadow

"How do you know that?" Eris demanded.

"Because I married this idiot!"

Everypony looked toward Shadow in confusion, but she just continued to look at the star. Whooves caught on to this and looked up, followed by Derpy, Pinkie, and everypony else on that little destroyed patch of roadway.

"That's not a star." Luna commented, staring into her night sky.

Before their eyes the star seemed to explode. A gold and blue jet trail flew right into Eris, whoever it was screaming the entire way, and impacting with a force. The ground shook and the magical restraints were shattered. It was over in a few seconds. Everyone slowly dusted themselves off, making sure that everyone was unharmed. Walking over to the crater left behind, they could see the dust rising from the impact.

"Whoever that was, was going fast." commented Scrapper

"Not as fast as me." commented Rainbow Dash

"Really Dash?" snorted Applejack

"It's true." answered Whooves, "Rainbow Dash here can go at least Mach 10. Whoever that was was going Mach 2."

Suddenly, a hoof rose out. Every Unicorn there charged their horns ready to deliver whatever was on their minds when the rest of the body the hoof was attached to stepped out, coughing and hacking all the way.

"Staff Sergeant!?" yelled Shining Armor in surprise

OWE-HOW! Sweet Celestia that hurt!" he yelled as he stumbled around, "I don't even know how I did that." said David in a daze before seeing Luna and Celestia, "Reporting your Majesties!"

While still stumbling around, he stood at a loose attention, saluted the best he could, and then fell over. Shadow was by his side instantly as the others looked on amazed.

"What was that!?" yelled Whooves, "Amazing as it was, who is this pony?"

"I think that's the pony who gave the TARDIS a ticket." answered Derpy

"Him? Some desk guard? You mean to tell me that some random guard pony just saved me, Derpy, the living embodiments for the elements of harmony, both Princesses, Shining Armor, and a whole platoon of Royal Guards? Who even though that up!”

*Meanwhile in another dimension, a particular Brony looked up from his computer and felt something odd, like he just pulled a really big douche move that was uncalled for. He shrugged off not caring, drank from his coke, and got back to his computer.*

Scrapper and Twilight peered over the edge of the crater, followed by Luna and Celestia. With a quick spell, Scrapper moved the dust away, revealing nothing.

"She's gone!" cried Scrapper

"I didn't think I hit her that hard." said a still dazed David

"No, she probably teleported away." Celestia said, still analysing the crater.

"So now what?" asked Armor, ready for orders.

"Captain! I want you and your Silver Guard to muster up and oversee the defense of every city from Canterlot to Las Pegasus, Trottingham, Concordia, and Manehatten!"

"Yes Ma'am!" saluted Armor

"Captain Shadow! Do the same!"

"As you wish my Princess." She saluted

Celestia then turned her attention to Scrapper, who was still looking over the crater.

"Scripted Swords, can you get another one of those prison gems?"

He looked up startled, but soon recovered, "Uh, not exactly. They're very rare, and the pony I got them from was a friend about a thousand years ago."

"We can help!" came Derpy, "Right Doctor?"

"Huh? Wha?"

He poked his head out of his TARDIS and looked around.

"Yes Doctor, you will." continued Twilight, "It would be a honor."

Trapped between a rock and a hard place, the Doctor had no choice but to agree.

"I'll go with Scrapper." said Colgate

"You sure?" asked Celestia

Colgate nodded her head adamant. Celestia smiled and couldn't deny her. Scrapper put his hoof around his niece and smiled.

"Lastly, that brings me to you Twilight Sparkle." spoke Celestia walking over to her student, "We'll need the Elements of Harmony."

"Yes Princess." said Twilight

"However, Eris is a cunning foe just like Discord. I want to assign a guard to you just in case."

"In all due respects your majesty!" spoke Rainbow Dash, "We can handle ourselves."

"I know Rainbow Dash, I'm just being safe. I can't risk it!"

"Yes your majesty." replied Twilight, "Who is it going to be though?"

"This guard right here?" answered Celestia

She pointed to David, who was rubbing the back of his neck in pain before turning around not knowing what was going on.

"Huh?"

"Him? He's just a desk guard!" yelled Rainbow Dash

"Yeah! I'm just a desk guard!"

"Captain Armor!" sounded Celestia, "What is this Guards accomplishments?"

Armor looked to David, and then thought on it: "He's a Veteran of the NLR's attack on Canterlot, an excellent fighter, fought against a incursion of mind controlling Diamond Dogs in the Palace, has been able to hold his own against Captain Shadow with a broken wing, fought in the defense of Canterlot during Discords attempted comeback, the Changeling invasion, a riot of steaming hot apple pie armed ponies, and recently, smashed Eris into the ground."

David sat there unbelieving his reputation had just betrayed him

"Oh, and these Guards here, the Canterlot elite, my own body Guards, he was their original CO and lead them through some harrowing combat."

"Except the Captains." corrected David

"Then it is settled!" spoke Celestia, "Luna and I will return to Canterlot to watch over Equestria for signs of Eris."

"Uh, I'll need some time to do some repairs!" shouted Whooves from his TARDIS

"Very well," said Celestia, "you'll come with us to Canterlot in the meantime!"