• Published 7th Oct 2014
  • 11,732 Views, 418 Comments

Starting Over - Twilight Nightmare



After feeling unwanted and abandoned during the Canterlot Wedding, Twilight leaves to try and make a new start for her only to fall prey to a gang. Now Twilight tries to rebuild a life with no memories of her past until circumstances guide her home.

  • ...
14
 418
 11,732

Epilogue

One Year Later…

“So Twilight, have you given thought to my offer?” Celestia asked as she walked with Twilight toward Cadence’s chambers where the others were waiting. Twilight would have already been there, but had to go pick something up for Cadence to help her cravings. Some ponies were upset over the fact that Cadence was pregnant today, but all of the ponies back in the Crystal Empire were happy. The only reason this was going on here was for show since they already had another ceremony back where Cadence considered her home.

“I’m sorry, Princess, I will always love you like a mother…but I just can’t go back to being your student.” Twilight sighed, knowing that it wasn’t the answer the alicorn was looking for. “Besides, I think you have your hooves full with your current student.”

“Remind me to thank your daughter again for bringing my daughter home.” Celestia said with a small smile, not wanting to comment on the let down. Today was a day to be happy, not try to convince Twilight to return to her post as student and possibly start an argument over it.

“I still can’t believe that you never even introduced us while she was here.” Twilight said, rolling her eyes in annoyance. She knew the reason, and she could understand it, but the years Sunset spent suffering in that other world would have never happened if Celestia had just told every pony the truth like she did in the end. Celestia had told every pony everything and promised never to try and hide things again from her little ponies. While it sounded good, Twilight doubted it would last. Politics was impossible without lies sadly, and sometimes those lies were necessary to protect those you love. Thankfully the news was taken rather well and reestablished the faith that many lost during the last half decade.

“It is a mistake I regret every day, much like the mistakes I made with you. I can’t say how sorry I am for not having faith in you when you needed it the most.” Celestia sighed, earning a nuzzle from Twilight.

“It’s long in the past, leave it there, okay?” Twilight said, meaning it. She was a little worried about today, but after going through it a month ago back in the Crystal Empire, she wasn’t as scared about something happening. “Besides, Sunset forgave you and I know she loves you very much.”

“I’m not sue I deserve it, but I’m trying my best to make things up to her.” Celestia said, “By the way…the others arrived while you were getting…what was it again?”

“Some kind of specially ordered stuff from Joe. I’m not sure what’s in it…and I’m not sure I want to.” Twilight giggled, remembering the look on the pony’s face when he read the order Cadence had sent with Twilight.

“Well, this is your stop. I have to go check in with Iron Sentinel and make sure the security detail is running smoothly.” Celestia said, hugging Twilight. “Good luck.”

“Thank you Princess.” Twilight said before Celestia pulled back and trotted away. Pushing into the room where Cadence was surrounded by Sunset, Trixie, Summer, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity.

“You made it, Twi!” Applejack said with excitement, the same excitement mirrored on the Ponyville ponies.

“Of course I made it.” Twilight laughed, pulling the small tub…of whatever the stuff was from her saddlebag with her magic and passed it to Cadence while Summer stuck her head into the bag making the others giggle.

“Did you bring anything else, mama, I’m starving!” Summer asked, finally finding the muffin she knew was hers. Twilight bought them for her every time she came back from any bakery. It had turned out that Summer stayed in great shape no matter what she ate because of the side effects of her heritage. The unicorn magic made her faster, but used more pegasus magic to maintain her abilities. Because of this she had a much higher metabolism and seemed to always be hungry.

“Of course I did honey, your favorite muffin.” Twilight giggled as she floated both muffin and pony in front of her. Hugging the small pegasus filly.

“Thank you mama!” Summer said happily hugging Twilight back before taking a huge bite of the treat.

“She’s grown so much.” Fluttershy said, smiling at the pair as Cadence dug into her own treat.

“I really hope we get to spend more time wither soon.” Pinkie Pie smiled.

“Weeellll…after today, Trixie, Summer, and myself will be coming home to Ponyville.” Twilight said earning a loud cheer from all the Ponyville ponies and Sunset.

“YES! I called it, you owe me a hundred bits princess!” Sunset cheered, hugging Twilight as the other gathered around for a group hug. Cadence only laughed, knowing the true reason Sunset was happy about it. Sunset wanted her friend closer to Canterlot where it would be easier for them to visit each other. After all, Sunset and Twilight had become fast friends, best of friends even…and if Cadence was right…in less that a few months the two would most likely be officially dating.

Oh Cadence almost wished she still lived in Canterlot, she would pay to see the expressions on some of the suitors faces when they complained about the relationship only for Sunset to tell them to buck off. It was so funny, yet effective, how Sunset dealt with the neigh-sayers.

“Darling, we are so happy! We missed you so much!” Rarity said, the others agreeing with her though the moment was broken when there was a knock on the door.

“Ten minutes princess.” The voice called.

“Thank you, we’re almost ready.” Cadence called back before turning to the others. “So Rarity, did you bring the extra dresses I asked you to?”

“Yes, but I’m not sure why you asked. Of course we would dress up for the event.” Rarity said.

“Well, I need more bridesmaids…and I figured that you girls would make the best ones. Twilight, Trixie and Sunset here are my mares of honor. Summer is my flower pony and has the horn rings, and when I asked who could be bridesmaids…Twilight suggested you girls.”

“S-Seriously?” Rarity asked, Cadence nodding yes.

“Well, I kind of figured it would be nice to do this together and I know you girls will be twenty percent more awesome that any other pony we could come up with.” Twilight said with a smile of her own. Once again she was group hugged by them, making her smile as she soaked in their warmth. It was a start, a small start, but a start. She looked forward to the future, and couldn’t wait to see her parents out in the audience and at the reception. They were offered positions in the wedding as well, but declined letting the ‘younger generation’ handle it.

“Hurry up and get ready, we only have a few minutes.” Cadence said as she finished the last of her snack.

“Let’s do this!” Rainbow Dash said as Rarity hurried to help them get ready. It was short notice, but it was a welcome surprise all the same. This time they would do it right, they would do everything right starting with the wedding and on to their new friendship with their friend.

Author's Note:

Well this ends the the Light Path, and the quickly revised ending to the story that didn't include my original plans. Next chapter will go back and start the alternate ending that will be closer to my original plans, though some things will have changed with some of the talking I have done with my GF. A bit of a warning though, I am posting the next chapter with this one...but it is the same as an earlier one except the deleted scenes added back in. Either way, I hope every pony enjoyed this unplanned ending. :twilightsmile:

Also, does anyone know if Starswirl was around during Discord?