• Published 7th Oct 2014
  • 7,449 Views, 545 Comments

Celestia Trigger - Thadius0



Order a Gate Key for your Crono costume, attend a costume party with your friends. Normal enough. What isn't is the darn thing WORKING. Hello ponies, don't mind me. I'm just going to meddle with the time-stream...

  • ...
41
 545
 7,449

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26 - Being exiled from an Era

This time, when I held the Gate Key up to the solid door that blocked our path to the throne room, the thing melted out of our way, and we were permitted entrance. It was only a short walk up to the ruling body of Vis, and what we saw...was not encouraging.

Sitting on a massive throne was a blueish crystal unicorn mare, dressed in what looked like very fine robes indeed. Sitting near her was Lumina, and standing at her other side was a pony wearing heavy, form-concealing robes. And nearby was a orange unicorn stallion, his mark was one of a brown pony.

"Interlopers!" the figure on the throne barked. "How dare you trespass here! For what reason and how did you come by this place?"

Then the figure next to her whispered something, and her expression hardened. "I see. Praefectus, deal with them!"

"At once, your majesty!" he said, raising a hoof and...the next thing that happened was twofold.

First, all the crystal ponies there were somehow wisked away.

Second, a massive brown pony was in the room, glaring at us with angry red eyes.

Oh yeah, Dalton from the game was a thing. And he loved golems. There was a trick to fighting them, I recalled...

I didn't get the chance to recall it before a brown hoof smashed me into the side of the room, winding me and doing what felt like serious damage. Zehan was on me in an instant, trying to heal the damage I'd sustained, while Gregory pulled out his sword and slashed at the massive creation.

Only to receive a similar hoof to the face once his attack was over. Now I recalled it! They mimicked your attacks and threw them back at you. All their magic took time to charge, but their physical counter was instant.

"Justice, see to Gregory!" I shouted as I picked myself up. "Copper, light him up!"

The mare responded with a wave of fire erupting from her form. One that eventually focused on setting the golem alight, causing it to stumble back a few paces. Already though, I could see the cracks in its form glowing red, presumably as it prepared a fire-based tech for us. I held out my hands and unleashed the lightning next, the stuff crackling through the air and striking his form over and over.

The golem recoiled once again, and this time the cracks in its form were glowing yellow. "Zehan, use your ice now!" I bellowed. "We have to keep using different magic on him, keep him unbalanced!"

The Zebra nodded and bowed his head as he focused. Without any fanfare, the golem was encased in ice, and the warrior jumped forward and shattered it with a single blow. This time, the golem let out an actual roar as its glow changed to blue.

"Justice, your turn," I said. The robot beeped and unleashed the lasers once again, striking the golem over and over with the shadowy beams. It stumbled back as it started to glow black, somehow. Or maybe it just dulled to black between the cracks.

"And now we keep this up so that it can't focus on any of us," I said. "Gregory, your water spell. Bring it to bear on this golem and we'll continue beating it down until it can't function anymore."

Scorpan seemed a little put out that he wouldn't get to take part in this fight, but he understood that he'd just incur a counter, due to his attacks all being physical in nature. The magical destruction of the golem proceeded apace, and bit by bit, we destroyed the golem that this pony had conjured up to attack us. Though there was a final surprise at the end.

The cracks in the golem flashed white rapidly, before it exploded and knocked us all back. That was when the ponies from earlier reappeared, and the orange crystal unicorn seemed irate. He then held up another hoof, and several fireballs flew from his form and knocked us all down to the ground. I could feel my strength being sapped thanks to his magic.

"Fools that you were to come here!" the mare atop the throne laughed. "I have a most gruesome fate in mind for you! For those that would stop Vis from its destiny shall suffer for all eternity!"

The world faded to black...


The next thing I knew, the six of us were floating in the room that previously held the Malus machine. It took me a moment to piece together that this was that room, but once I did, I realized things must have escalated. After all, if we were here...

Where was the machine that drained Lavos for the betterment of Vis?

If this world had a version of the Ocean Palace as well, then that was where we'd find it now...and that just meant that things were going to get so very much worse so very much sooner.

The door opened up, and Umbra and Lumina walked into the room. "Silly fools," Umbra scoffed. "What will you do sister?"

"Free them, of course," Lumina said, her horn lighting up. "They might even be able to free the Guru of Life."

There was a gentle, soothing sensation across my body, and we were one by one levitated out of the chamber that once held the Malus machine. "Please," Lumina said. "You must go to the Floating Mountain down below, and free the trapped Guru! He was imprisoned there for daring to cross mother." Then she looked sad for a moment. "And if at all possible...please, don't hate mother or our kingdom."

"I'm afraid I can't allow that," a semi-familiar voice spoke up as that same robed figure from the throne room walked in. "They've already stirred things up. So now I must destroy them, before they interfere further."

"You can't!" Lumina said, blocking the figure's path. Umbra quickly joined her in stopping this pony from getting at us. The figure stiffened before sighing.

"Fine, but in return, you will cooperate with me, Lumina." He then turned his attention to us, to me. "Now, you will show me how you got here."


It was a long trek back to the Gate, but once we arrived, the robed figure nodded and turned to Lumina. "I will pry this portal open and throw them back through it. And then you will seal it shut."

"No!" the princess of Vis responded.

"You will obey me Lumina!" he shouted back. "Their very lives are at stake!"

She was silent for a moment before nodding and the howl of winds picked up again. A glow of magic encased my form, and the six of us were thrown into the open Gate behind us.

We arrived at the End of Time once more, to find Hora waiting for us. And railings. We managed to get about five feet away from him before the platforms were rocked with a minor quake.

"Ah, you found the kingdom of magic," he said. "And got involved again. If only the queen could see how far she's fallen..."

"I think we've been exiled from the era itself," I replied. "Is there a way back?"

"Hmm," the crystal unicorn replied. "Perhaps. I think there's somepony waiting for you in Canter Dome. He might have invented something to help you by now. He's only had so long to work on it of course, and all the resources of the future to work with."

One step closer then. After this, it wouldn't be long...


The six of us appeared in Trott dome, and Scorpan and Gregory appeared to be the most shocked by the state of the world we had found ourselves in. Fortunately, we hadn't run across any monsters while we made our short trip over to the train station and asked for the train to return to us. It wasn't ten minutes before the train pulled into the station. The six of us got onto the train, and I walked into the front compartment and made my request for us to be transported to Canter Dome.

This time, I didn't forget to turn the bloody boost off, as I wasn't a fan of going that fast. I was told the transit would take far longer this way, and confirmed that I wanted it to take that long. We had things to discuss on the way that would keep us occupied. Like bringing Sorpan and Gregory up to speed with all the mechanics behind how we did what we did.

By the time we pulled into Canter Dome, the gargoyle and the griffon were all caught up on what was going on and even past that shell-shocked state that tended to happen with that whole 'Hi, we're fellow time-travelers' thing. "So who are we here to see?" Scorpan asked.

"Somepony that can help us get around the seal on the era of Vis," I replied. "I'm not sure if they're still here or not...I don't even know where to find them."

Then I saw a small, minature dome rising out amongst the other buildings of the destroyed city. "That looks like a good place to look," Copper quipped.

"I am detecting a life-sign within the building," Justice added. The six of us approached the building and walked through the entryway, to see something quite startling.

A draconequus carrying a crystal pegasus out of it.

"Oh hello!" he said happily. "I know how this looks, but it wasn't me!"

PreviousChapters Next