• Published 6th Oct 2014
  • 11,548 Views, 234 Comments

Everything for a Princess - Spider8ite



It was just a normal day in the new castle of Princess Twilight Sparkle, except for a few incidents... Like the Lord of Chaos, the Princess of the Night, the Element of Laughter and two old enemies deciding to confess to Twilight all at once.

  • ...
72
 234
 11,548

Prologue - Dear Princess Celestia, help me!

Prologue

Spectrum Shine


It was just another day in the New Castle of Twilight Sparkle, the other Elements of Harmony were busy. Rainbow Dash was trying to do a test in the Wonderbolts, Rarity had to complete orders for Sapphire Shores, Applejack was busy with the farm, Fluttershy was watching Rainbow in her test and Pinkie was probably making cakes. That meant she would be alone till night, and even with Spike in the castle, Twilight knew he would not give attention to her. The new edition of his favorite comic book had just been released, and Spike would not miss the chance to read the special that the publisher of the comic had made.

And what would be best to do in this situation? Reading of course!

In her new castle, the princess of friendship had gained a huge library in one of her castle’s rooms. Princess Celestia said that even with the loss of her beloved library, Twilight could have an even greater collection of books in this castle. So she gave the giant library that, according to her, had over a thousand books.

And Twilight had read six hundred, by her own accounts, in just one week. And she could not wait to read the rest. And she would have continued to read if she had not heard the noise of lively beats on the large copper doors of the castle.

Twilight let out one of her famous grunts and went to answer the door. When she answered the door, she was greeted by an excited pink-haired woman smiling with a pie in the hands.

"Hey Twi-Twi!"

“Pinkie? What you doing here?”

“I brought a surprise for you!” She stretched her arms, almost putting the pie in the Twilight’s face. The princess blinked a few times, not understanding why Pinkie was there to give her a pie, but she concluded that Pinkie was just being Pinkie.

“Uh… thanks, I think?” she said with a confused smile, taking the pie from the hands of her friend, “Is there anything more Pinkie? I have some other things to…”

“OH YES!” Pinkie exclaimed, making Twilight give a small little jump in fright. She remembered something very important.

“I brought this pie and I have a super-duper-special thing to tell you Twi-Twi! It is soooo important! Like, that I have wanted to tell you it for months! But you are always in middle of these books and silly princess things, then Tirek came to here, then we saved Equestria, then I could not tell you, and now I’m here telling this and you…” Twilight Sparkle just stood there looking at the girl who would not stop talking for a second. Calm down Twilight, you'll read, it must be something important and you should…

PRINCESS TWILIGHT SPARKLE!” The tall girl’s thoughts were interrupted by a great shout which probably echoed everywhere. It was Princess Luna, logically. Upon hearing this, Pinkie stopped talking and looked back with wide eyes. Luna came flying alone and without any guard. Pinkie shouted "Nightmare Moon!" and jumped in a bush that was next to the castle. Twilight already, dug her nails into the pie dish not to drop it of so much fright. First Pinkie and Luna now? What were the chances of that happening in a day?

“Pr-Princess Luna?” asked, seeing the starry haired woman with a purple dress landed in front of Twilight, facing her with her teal eyes.

“We have come here for… I mean, sorry for that, I am used to talking like that, like you know, Twilight Sparkle. I am here to tell you a important notice, that I was not able to tell you in previous months… I want to tell that… That… Uh…” She began to nervously stutter and Twilight sighed, looking to the side to see the head come out of the bush, staring intently at Luna with a suspicious face. Luna cleared her throat, blushing, “I want to take you for a…”

“Lulu!” Luna's eyes widened, without even looking back she knew who this sarcastic and playful voice belonged to. Discord…

“Discord?” Twilight asked, taking her eyes the older man sitting on a pink cloud , 'driving' it with a steering wheel until he got close to Twilight and getting a little above the studious girl. “What are you doing here? Don't you have something to do in Canterlot or somewhere?”

“Oh Twilight!” He came down from the cloud, going to the ground and throwing the steering wheel in his hands in a corner, causing a small explosion. The Lord of Chaos moved toward her, leaning his face close to her’s, “You know Twilight, sometimes, even I don’t know what I’m going to do! Ummm… Like this!” Discord used his magic to turn into a bird like a vulture, Twilight frowned along with Luna and both of them heard Pinkie laughing when he perched on top of the head of the studious girl.

“Discord! Get out here now!” she cried, blushing.

“Ok, ok! You don’t need to be that serious!” He exclaimed, coming to the ground and becoming human again, "Oh well, and I have something to say Twilight! Ummm… What was it?" Discord stroked his beard, “Oh yes, I was coming there to say if you accept, well, of course you will, I’m the Lord of Chaos and all Disharmony. But, I need to ask if you will go out with me on a…”

“Sparkle!” two shouts called at the same time. And there was only two people in Equestria that would call her like this. Trixie and Sunset Shimmer. This is not good, they do not get along...

Luna, Discord, Pinkie and Twi’s attention now towards the two old enemies of Sparkle. Twilight shook her head at Trixie hiding and then showing up and throwing a powder bomb to the ground, appearing in behind a small flower stall. Meanwhile, Sunset was walking, but stopped just to look at Trixie when she realized that she had been there for the same thing. Well, probably. They were there for Twilight. Both looked at each other challengingly. but Sunset was smarter, and with a snap of fingers was right in front of Twilight with a coquettish smile, but she then looked back and gave a slight chuckle to Trixie, who had just flipped her the bird.

Sunset coughed, turning her attention to the princess, “Twilight! Could we talk for a second?”

“No! The Great and Powerful Trixie is way more powerful than you! And she will not allow you to be the first to talk with Sparkle, you listen well!” Trixie, still a little afraid of someone seeing it because of her past deeds, came walking with a determined grimace and pointing a finger directly at Sunset.

“Nope dope! I was the here first! I even brought the pie for her!” Pinkie jumped into the middle of the small circle formed around Twilight.

“But I, as the Princess of the Night, I have a right to be the first one to say what’s on their mind! And we bet that it is far more important!” Luna shouted at Pinkie, going back to the royal we, and almost slipping into the Royal Canterlot Voice.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk! Was a foolish thought!” Everybody looked where the voice came and then they looked up, Discord was a bird again, now hovering above them.

“I’m of course the most important here! Look into my angel face and say otherwise!” He landed on the ground and turned into a human, but he had an angelic aura surrounding him, a golden halo hovering above his head and sported a pair of angel wings on his back.

"See?” Discord smiled, trying to look as innocent as possible.

“Oh yeah, so it’ll be like that?” Sunset asked, her eyes narrowing.

All the others looked at her and looked at each other, not caring more for the presence of Twilight, that this moment just watched everything with a slight frown and raised eyebrows. Was heard a slight groan that came from Sunset, and it was just enough for everyone threw themselves on top of one another, attacking each other. Twilight let out a soft "Oh no..." and a sigh looking at the scene, not knowing what to do. Discord was irritating Luna, becoming a bird and pecking her. Luna was waving and fighting off Discord, forgetting her magic. Trixie used her almost useless magic against Sunset, irritating her more than harming, Pinkie, somehow, got out her party cannon and using it with effect against everyone in the free for all and some how avoiding the others’ attacks, while Sunset used her powerful magic against Trixie, who was using her worthless magic to dodge it and irritate Shimmer to end.

“ENOUGH!” The Princess of Friendship finally said.

“Everyone, calm down and say to what you want, please!” Everyone recomposed themselves, looking at the ground in shame, then looking at her, sadly sighing as they saw her stern gaze at them. Strangely, they said all together at the same time:

"I just want to say I love you!" Everyones’ eyes widened, including Twilight, who was now blushing. Everyone was quiet until Sunset broke the silence.

“What in all burning Hell?!” This started a series of much less physically violent verbal battles between Twilight’s admirers .

After observing them again, Twilight, half colored by the fact that they are actually fighting over her, sighed, and without wanting to, shouted, “ENOUGH!” and everyone stopped, once again.

“What does that mean? How can this be true? You guys... Had thousands of opportunities to come here to confess to me and all have to do it right now? How do you explain this to me?”

“Destiny” Luna answered.

“Coincidence” that was Sunset and Trixie.

“It is logical that this is the fault of Celestia, blame her, it's always her fault!” Discord said, always playful, making Twi roll her eyes.

“Witchcraft!” Pinkie screamed.

Twilight sigh with all the answers, the odds of this happening were almost zero. She rubbed her temples for a moment, closing her eyes and thinking, then opened her eyes again with a smile, but then coughed and began, “Ok guys, I… I love you all, but as friends, but…” everyone gave out a depressed sigh in a defeated manner, their love unrequited.

“I said ‘but’ guys, don’t get sad yet. Well… I will allow each of you to take me on a date and try to conquer my heart. I know this may sound cliche or something, but it's the only way. Whoever I find to be the most special to me will get me as their girlfriend. I just hope I get this right.” She murmured in the end of her profound speech.

“For realsies?” asked Pinkie lively.

“Yes, Pinkie, I’m serious. This starts tomorrow, this week each of you will take me on a date, and… Well, let’s see what happens!” Embarrassed she said, leaning back on the great doors of the castle and winding one of her loose strands of hair with her index finger, avoiding looking at her admirers.

“Well... I think you'd better go get ready for tomorrow, right? I mean, uh, you Pinkie is the first…”

“Really?! Woah!” the girl jumped in the air “Oh my gosh Twi-Twi, I’ll do cakes, especially for you! I have to go now for Sugarcube Corner. I’m sooooooo excited for tomorrow! You like…” she began, was always.

“Pinkie, we understand. Why won’t you go and make your…”

“Our!”

“Well okay. Why don’t you go and make our cakes?” asked Twilight, trying to calm her friend.

“Okie-Dokie-Lokie!” and then went bouncing to her home with a smile on her face.

“Er… And you guys back there, in this week, Luna will go second, Discord you will go third, Sunset as the fourth and Trixie as the last.” She explained slowly.

All admirers gave a slight smile, content with Twilight’s decision. After that, everyone ended up back where they came from, Luna went to Canterlot, Trixie and Sunset back to... Well, wherever they came from. And Discord to a place that he mentioned to Twilight, but really did not explain nor describe in an understandable way.

Twilight took a deep breath and entered her home, closing the door and ran to her room. Spike raised his eyebrows seeing her like that when she passed in front of his open door, but soon turned his attention back to the comics.

Twilight just jumped into bed, sighing, she stared at the ceiling and took a book with her ​​magic. She knew the week would be more than long, and it would be crazy.

Author's Note:

So, yeah guys, that's the prologue for my little story (with 5-6 chapters)! With some Twilight ships, and I want to say that I never ever have read any Discolight or Twinkie (I don't count the Twinkie Clopfics... Hehe...), so sorry if my interactions between this two couples don't get very right! Thanks to Lord Dragon for the awesome editing and the random talks we have! I hope you've liked this! Please, if you find any error, say to me!

Oh well, here we go again! Seeya!