• Published 6th Oct 2014
  • 2,360 Views, 15 Comments

Conga? - Szalhi



Twilight finds a locked reel and a key. What does she unlock? Why conga of course.

  • ...
1
 15
 2,360

Dancing! It's fun!

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed. If you want a sequel, i may think about it

Do people still read this shit?

Twilight was relaxing inside the castle, Her new home after her old one blew up. When her old house blew up, of course the new one is going to be pretty much the same, albeit 3x larger. She was enjoying a book, a new one that was never in her old library. Everything is not real is what it was called. Because we all don’t know if we’re real or not.

But she didn’t even make it half way when their new doorbell gave off. Frustrated, she made it to the front door of the Tree castle. Was it even a tree? I don’t really know. Opening it up, she found a box outside, lying by itself, no name but just sitting there. Looking around to see who left it, she was given no answer.

“Spike, Did you see anyone leave outside?” She asked as Spike came down to the front door.

“No, Why?”

“Just an unmarked box lying here, Nothing on it. Just wanted to know who could’ve left it here.”

“Well what do you do with an unmarked box that is on your front door.?” He asked grabbing it and pulling it inside before closing the door. “Why you open it of course.”

Twilight looked at the box, hesitating to open it. And unmarked box could have anything in it. Maybe, nothing at all. Which counters the first statement where it could have anything in it. Taking in a deep breath, She quickly opened the box to see what’s inside it before what’s inside, if it were sentient, could get out.

A reel. You know, one of those reels, that were used before dvds? Actually, Dvd’s Don’t exist in Equestria yet. They are used to show film by quickly changing between frames, so they merge together into animation. But this one was different. It was locked up. But the reel wasn’t only what was inside the box. Inside, there was also a key. The key was relatively the equivalent size of the Lock. What’s the point on locking something up, but leaving the key right next to it?

“A reel, is that Reely what’s in that? Heh, get it? Reel?” Spike said Picking up and inspecting the reel.

“Yes, i get it. But if it’s chained up, then there must be a secret lying within it. Grab the key and we should unlock it.”
Spike grabbed the key and handed it over to Twilight. Picking up the key and the rele with her magic, She proceeded to insert the key into the lock. She Turned it slowly, for she didn’t know what was going to exactly happen. As soon as she turned the key all the way, a click was heard as a big flash appeared. Twilight dropped the reel and moved away from it as the flash went away.

The Reel was still there, but a button appeared on it’s side. A rather large one. She picked up the Reel inspecting it before looking at the button.

“It looks the exact same, except there’s a giant button right here.” She said looking at the giant button.

“Well than, we must push it!” Spike said reaching out to push the button before Twilight moved it out of his reach.

“Spike, Who taught you to push every button you see?”

“Every book ever made. They all practically show some pony pushing a button.”

“Well, i’m going to be the one who pushes it” She said as she placed her Hoof on the button and proceeded to push it.


“Woah twilight, you’re dancing all funny.” Spike bursted out laughing at the way Twilight was moving. As soon as she pushed the button, She started dancing and the Reel disappeared. But it was the way she was dancing that interested Spike. She stood on her hind hooves while waving her fore hooves in the air. She had no trouble balancing as she had stopping.

“I Don’t know why, but i can’t stop doing this!” She shouted as Spike laughed at her as she danced around the room. 4 steps, with the 4th one stretching the limb out in front.

“Hey hey, let me try!” Spike said as he made his way closer to Twilight. Copying the Way she was dancing, he started imitating her while noting that he couldn’t exactly stop either.

“This is fun, but how do you stop?” he asked as he danced around the room with Twilight.

“That’s exactly what i’m trying to ask you.”

Just then, Rainbow Dash entered the room.

“Hey Twilight, you busy right now? Because i have the best…” her sentence was cut out as she saw the two dancing around. She gave out a laugh as she saw how funny it looked. Especially Twilight as she was a quadruped like all other ponies.

“What are you doing? That looks so hilarious!” She asked trying to hold in her laughter.

“I know, Twilight found this reel with a button. She pressed it and now she can’t stop dancing! I joined in, and we can’t find out how to stop.” Spike answered cheerfully prancing around the room.

“Hang on, let me try!” Rainbow Shouted as she went closer to Spike before imitating him. She was par on with the dance as she danced around, with a perfect balance although being quadruped.

“It’s fun isn’t it?”

“Heck yeah, I can’t stop, but i don’t even want to!” Rainbow replied at Twilight’s discomfort.

“I’m going to call it Conga. Sounds great doesn’t it?” Spike said as he started dancing even faster.

“This is the best dance ever! I’m going to Conga everywhere!” Rainbow said speeding up to catch up with Spike.

“You think you can Conga faster than me?” Spike said speeding up the Conga while maintaining the correct rhythm.

“I WILL CONGA FASTER THAN YOU EVER WILL!” Rainbow Shouted gaining an edge with Spike.

“I’d hate to break this to you guys, but how are we going to stop doing this?” Twilight said breaking up the fun between Spike and Rainbow.

“WE NEVER WILL!” The two shouted in unison.