• Published 17th Oct 2014
  • 15,903 Views, 368 Comments

Wolf Child - Pixel Berry



Fluttershy finds an unknown creature in the Everfree, with a kind heart, she decids to raise the creature to live among the equines. Well...secretly, I mean.

  • ...
23
 368
 15,903

Chapter 4: The New Pony

It has been six years since the encounter with Yemei and the little human was still kept a secret. None of the five knew why they had to keep Yemei a secret, but nopony knew how the ruler of Equestria will react to seeing the only known human on the face of Equis.

As Yemei grew to be a sweet girl, the five mares learned a lot of things from the little girl.

One of the things they figured out was that Yemei's kind walks on two legs. At first Fluttershy thought Yemei hurt herself, but once she figured out that it was natural for Yemei, the yellow mare got used to it over time. They also figured out that Yemei needed clothes since her bare skin wouldn't protect her from the harsh weather. Thanks to Rarity, Fluttershy had no problem with finding clothes that fit the young human. Another thing they realized was that humans were omnivores. In the beginning, Fluttershy tried to make her a vegetarian, but then Yemei wasn't getting enough protein, so every once in awhile, she would feed the human a small steak (though she didn't like it at first).

The yellow mare also noticed that as the human grew, so did her wolf form. At this moment, Yemei could change into the said wolf at her own will. At that, Fluttershy could bring Yemei along in her wolf form. At the start of it, most ponies gave questioning glares at the duo, but when they realized that the shy pegasus was an animal caretaker, it seemed almost natural seeing the two, but the catch was that Yemei couldn't speak to her mom in public.

As the years went by, Yemei's two best friends were growing up as well. Sweetie Belle moved with her parents at Hoofington, making their friendship, disappear. As for Apple Bloom, she would sometimes visit the cottage and play with Yemei, both in human and wolf form.

Fluttershy also noticed how Yemei sometimes look at the moon; seeing the pony form on the lunar sphere in the sky. Fluttershy was a bit worried about Yemei, but Rarity just explained that it's probably a phase... probably.

~

Today was the day of the Summer Sun Celebration. Everypony in Ponyville was getting ready for the special event. Fluttershy and her friends has a huge part of the Celebration itself. Rarity was in charge of the decorations, Applejack on the edible arrangements, Rainbow on the weather, and Fluttershy was in charge of the music. Surprisingly, Pinkie had no job around the huge party, but that didn't phase her.

With everypony busy with preparing for the event, nopony could keep watch of Yemei, so Fluttershy decided on brining her along, though, Fluttershy had to find a secluded place to practice with her bird friends. When she told Yemei about it, she was elated on coming with her mom instead of staying in the cottage. Sure she had Angel Bunny to play with, but that wasn't enough for the eight year old.

If your wondering how they figured out she was eight, they just used the day Fluttershy found her as her birthday date.

Anyways, back to the now!

Today, the duo woke up quite early. Yemei waking up earlier than her mom. Yemei, with her wolf form, dashed up the stairs and jumped on Fluttershy's bed, waking up the yellow mare.

"Wake up, wake up!" Yemei said, her cute little voice calling out.

"Yemei, please. No jumping on your mom." Fluttershy said.

"Oh! Sorry mom." Yemei stopped, shifting to her human self.

"It's okay, sweetie. Why don't you go make your cereal while I get myself ready." The pegasus spoke.

"Okay! I'll eat those Cap'n Scrunch." Yemei said. She then jumped off the bed, and ran out the room.

She quickly ran down the stairs and went to the kitchen. The little human noticed that her running woke up most of Fluttershy's animal friends.

"Sorry everypony!" She shouted through the house.

The little human then climbed up the counter, opening one of the shelves, seeing a red box with a brown pegasus with a pirate costume on.

"Come here you." Yemei said to nopony in particular. She grabbed the red box and jumped off the counter. She went to the dish rack and grabbed a blue bowl from the rack. She opened the box and poured the cereal neatly into the bowl. She then placed the cereal back and took out the gallon of milk from the fridge.

The carton was pretty heavy for the tiny human, but she had a firm grip on it, making sure not to drop it like last time. She then opened the cap and poured the milk into the cereal-filled bowl. Just like the cereal box, she put the milk back where she found it.

When she placed the bowl on the coffee table in the living room, her mom walked in from the mare's room.

"Hi mom. Look! I did it all on my own!" Yemei shouted.

"Oh, that's wonderful Yemei. Your growing up so fast. If you grew any more, I bet you'll be old enough to live on your own." Fluttershy praised.

All Yemei did was show a big smile.

After that, both Yemei and Fluttershy finished their food (after Fluttershy made hers). When Fluttershy finished washing the dishes, the two then got to work doing their morning chores. Of course the morning chores being to wake up the other animals, and to feed them their breakfast.

After everyone was well fed, Fluttershy and Yemei got ready to prepare their bird friends for their rehearsals. As Fluttershy gathered her animal friends, Yemei was getting dressed and was filling up her hand bag with very important items. Them being some bits, an apple, and three cookies.

When the duo were finally ready, Yemei changed to her wolf form and followed Fluttershy out the cottage and into the cobblestone streets.

It was super hard for Yemei to not talk while in public, since her young mind made so many unanswered questions that needed to be answered.

Thankfully the trip was short and they were in a small grass area. There was a small tree with many branches for their feathery friends to stand.

"Okay everyone, now we're gunna practice for a few, and see if we all got this figured out." Fluttershy explained to her birdy friends.

"Mom, what can I do?" Yemei asked, still in her wolf form.

"I need you to stay next to me while we practice. I don't want to running off, okay?" Fluttershy explained.

"Yes momma." Yemei said, sitting down right next to her.

Yemei watched as her mom started to direct the birds at the right tone. Only one bird was going all out and Fluttershy noticed, asking him to follow the rest. Yemei didn't notice two things while she listened. One being that her tail was waging, and that somepony new was coming towards the two.

"Hello!" The new pony spoke, scarring Fluttershy, Yemei, and the birds, the latter flying off. As both Yemei and Fluttershy turned to the new pony, she spoke again.

“Oh my, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten your birds, I’m just here to check up on the music and it sounded beautiful.” The mare complimented as Fluttershy landed in front of her. Yemei was a bit confused on why her mom was being so shy, but then she remembered that her momma doesn't do well with new ponies.

As the silence continued, Yemei looking back and forth between the two, the mare tried to introduce herself. "I'm Twilight Sparkle."

More silence.

"What's your name?" The mare named Twilight Sparkle asked.

Yemei's mom then spoke. “Um... I’m Fluttershy.”

"I'm sorry what was that?" Twilight asked.

“Um...my name is Fluttershy.” Yemei's mom said a bit too faint that she had to focus on what her mom said.

“Didn’t quite catch that.” Twilight said.

At this point, both mare and human-turned-wolf can only hear her make a squeaking sound. After a few seconds, Yemei noticed that the birds returned, now back on the branches.

“Well, it looks like your birds are back. So I guess everything's in order, keep up the good work!” Twilight said, getting more silence from the yellow pegasus. “Oookay...” The purple unicorn then started walking away, at first eyeing Yemei, then walking up to a scaly creature that Yemei never seen before.

“Well, that was easy!” The mare spoke to the creature.

But before Yemei could question what it was, she heard her mother shout. "A Baby Dragon!" At that, she flew past Yemei, making her let out a loud "Eep!"

The new duo noticed that.

"Wait, did you hear-" The mare was then catapulted away from the creature to be replaced by Fluttershy.

"Oh, I've never seen a baby dragon before. He's sooo cute!" Fluttershy cooed. Yemei then got closer, sitting a few hoofsteps away from the two.

"Well, well, well...!" The dragon spoke, making Yemei a bit surprised. She noticed by it's tone the dragon was a boy, probably the same age as her.

"Oh my, he talks. I didn't know dragons could talk. That's just so incredibly wonderful I, I just don't even know what to say!" Fluttershy said, fluttering a bit in the air. Yemei then saw a purple aura surround the dragon, the dragon itself being levitated off the ground and onto the unicorn's back.

"Well, in that case we'd better be going." The purple mare said, starting to walk away. At first Yemei thought that her mom was gunna get back to the rehearsal for the birds, but she watched as her mom followed the mare, asking for the dragon's name.

Yemei then turned to the birds, giving them a look saying to go home. When they did, Yemei quickly caught up to the trio, hearing a bit of the conversation.

"-uttershy. Wow, a talking dragon! And what do dragons talk about?" Yemei's mom spoke.

"Well, what do you wanna know?" The dragon asked.

"Absolutely everything" Fluttershy answered, getting a groan from both Yemei and the purple mare.

Of course, Twilight noticed that. "Spike, did you hear that?"

"Huh? Whatever it was Twilight, I bet it's nothing. Now, where was I? Oh yeah!" At that Spike ignored everything to explain to Fluttershy his whole life.

~

"...and that's the story of my whole entire life! Well, up until today. Do you wanna hear about today?" The dragon now called Spike asked.

"Oh, yes, please!" Fluttershy answered quickly.

That was then the purple mare 'accidentally' turned around to face Fluttershy, making him let out a loud "Gyah!"

"I am so sorry, how did we get here so fast? This is where I'm staying while in Ponyville and my poor baby dragon needs his sleep." Twilight explained.

"No I don't-- whoa!" Twilight then made Spike fall off her back.

"Aww, wook at dat, he's so sweepy he can't even keep his widdle bawance!" Twilight explained, showing a cheesy grin and getting a grumpy dragon look from Spike.

"Poor thing, you simply must get into bed..." Fluttershy said, lifting the baby dragon and almost flying in the library, that is, until Twilight stopped her and grabbed Spike.

"Yes, yes, we'll get right on that. Well, g'night!" Twilight said before slamming the door behind her.

"Psssst!" They heard somepony call out.

"Um, who's calling us?" Fluttershy asked.

"Fluttershy! Yemei!" They then noticed that Pinkie was half whispering and shouting to them through the back door of the library. "Come here! Now!" At that, the duo ran into the library, seeing that it was pitch dark.

"Uh, Pinkie? Why are we-"

"Shhhh!" Pinkie hushed Yemei.

"But-" But before Yemei could say another word, the lights flashed on, and she noticed that Pinkie was now in the front.

"Surprise!" Pinkie shouted, then blew a kazoo in front of the same purple mare that walked in a few seconds ago.

All Yemei could hear was the unicorn groan in aggravation.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie, and I threw this party just for you! Were you surprised? Were ya? Were ya? Huh huh huh?" Pinkie Pie introduced herself, then questioned.

"Very surprised. Libraries are supposed to be quiet." Twilight explained.

And like everypony knew, Pinkie went on a rant on why a quiet library would be boring and why she even threw the party. And while she was explaining, Twilight walked up to a table full of sweets and drinks, the latter being poured into a brown cup. What she didn't noticed was that she was poring hot sauce into the cup and is now drinking it.

"And now you have lots and lots of friends!" Pinkie finished, the other four of Yemei's friends coming over and showing wide grins.

At that, Twilight turned around, showing her tear-filled eyes and red cheeks

"Are you all right, sugarcube?" Applejack questioned.

But before anypony else could ask, the mare's mane and tail went aflame and she dashed upstairs.

"Aww, she's so happy she's crying!" Pinkie said, getting a confused look from Yemei.

Spike picked up the bottle to see what Twilight was drinking n the first place. "'Hot sauce'. Ooh..." Pinkie then poured the bottles contents onto a cupcake, then eating it in one bite, receiving weird looks from the other four mares and brown wolf.

"What? It's good!" Pinkie said through her chewing.

~

Sadly, throughout the party, Yemei couldn't do anything, due to being found out. She had to stay by her mom. Thankfully, she was alone with her mom, therefore she could finally talk to her.

"Mom? I'm bored." Yemei spoke.

"I know you are, sweetie, but you need to stay hidden." Fluttershy explained.

"Can I at least go outside? I think eveypony in Ponyville is here." Yemei asked.

"Oh- alright, but be careful." Fluttershy said.

"Yay!" The human-turned-wolf then dashed out the door, making sure that nopony saw her leave. When she was finally out, she shifted back to her human self. "Ahh. Much better." Yemei said.

Yemei then noticed a rather tall three next to the library-tree that was in front of a large window. Yemei then remembered the unicorn mare named Twilight.

"I wonder why she hasn't come out from upstairs. Isn't this her party?" Yemei said to nopony in particular. "Maybe I can see what's up with her."

At first Yemei thought of climbing the tree in her wolf form but there was two things wrong with that option. One is that she can't climb trees with her wolf form and the second was that she didn't want to.

"Hands don't fail me now." Yemei said as she slowly started to climb the tree. Thankfully, she didn't lose her balance and was light enough for some branches to hold her weight. When she was finally at the top, she noticed that the mare was starring at the moon. Yemei soon did as well, seeing four bright stars getting closer to the moon with a mare shape shadow on it.

Yemei was too entranced by it that she didn't realized that the mare's eyes shifted to the tree the little human was on.

“What in Equis is that?" Yemei heard a familiar voice. The tiny human turned just in time to see the mare's purple eyes look into her own.

'Oh no! I've been spotted!' Yemei then jumped down the branch she was on, landing on another that was lower. This continued until she was close enough to the ground to not hurt herself. Yemei then dashed away from the giant tree, as she ran she turned a corner and shifted to her wolf form.

What she didn't notice was that the window the mare was looking through was high enough to reveal her transformation, at that, Twilight was very interested on what Yemei is.

Twilight then ran downstairs, getting the attention of five specific mares.

Twilight didn't noticed cause she was too busy levitating Spike to her line of sight.

"Spike! Theirs something outside and it can walk on two legs and transform into a wolf! I think it's an alien! It was climbing a tree and I think it was trying to spy on us or, or maybe it was trying to make first contact!” Twilight explained, a huge grin plastered on her muzzle. But she didn't noticed that there was a rather pale pegasus in the group, letting out shaky breaths.

When Twilight finally left, saying something about research, the five mare's then ran out the door after her, hoping that maybe Yemei will be back at home out of reach from the purple mare.

~

As Yemei was running through the town, tears were forming under her eyes and going down her furry cheeks.

'I'm so sorry mommy! I should've stayed inside and now I'll be taken away from you cause of that new pony!' Yemei continued running, starting to see a familiar cottage in her blurry sight. But she also heard some faint clopping of hooves, at that, Yemei ran faster, her four legs making it easier and nearly effortless.

She then dashed through the doggy door and ran upstairs under her mom's bed.

'Please let this be a scary dream. I don't wanna leave mommy!' Yemei thought as she slowly transformed into her human form, sleep coming over her.