• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 8,595 Views, 499 Comments

The Ultimate Sacrifice - DarkWolf



Metal 0-1 is warped into Equestria after a strange turn of events in "Down The Rabbit Hole"

  • ...
30
 499
 8,595

Chapter 6: Origins

Chapter 6: Origins

“Crash Breaker! Wake up! Corosive Dash found Alexander! We got to go help him!”

Crash Breaker slowly opened his eyes, waiting for them to adjust to the light pouring in from the opening of his tent flap. Standing above him was his friend, Grease Gear.

“Crash Breaker! Come on, we don’t have time to mess around! Corosive found Alexander!”

“Wait, they found him? Where is he!?”

“Not far from here, Cloudy Bolt and Sea Breeze already went out after him with Corosive. They said he was about two miles away, heading for some old ruins in the forest. They will need our help. If Alexander tries to use his Element again, the others won’t stand a chance. Only all five of us together have a chance of stopping him.”

"Again…”

The first time Alexander had used his Element, it resulted in the destruction of their village.

Alexander was a human. One day, he came to the outskirts of their village seeking help and shelter. He didn’t know where he was or why he was here, he only knew that his name was Alexander. Humans had been seen before, but they were very rare. They usually just seemed to come and go, vanishing into the wilderness beyond without a trace. Alexander was different though, and everypony knew it. Every time somepony would go near him, they could sense something amiss, especially the unicorns. He had proven to be helpful though. He had tons of knowledge about architecture and politics, and he was a skilled hunter and soldier from his world. He said he gained his talents from a group called the ‘Equestrian Order’ in the ‘Roman Republic’, but nopony knew what that was, or where it was for that matter.

After a while, the ponies of their small village began to accept him as one of their own. It was soon after that they finally discovered what was so off about him. He had control over an Element of Harmony, something that was thought only to be in control of ponies, for there were only five ponies known to control Elements. Crash Breaker was the Element of Wisdom; Grease Gear was the Element of Knowledge; Corosive Dash was the Element of Courage; Cloudy Bolt was the Element of Equality; and Sea Breeze was the Element of Friendship. Alexander was the sixth Element, but nopony knew what his was called though, not even Alexander himself. They only knew that it was very powerful.

One day though, Alexander just seemed to lose his mind. It started slowly at first. He became dishonest and distrusting, refusing to speak to anypony. He began to think that the ponies of the village were stealing from him, plotting against him in his sleep, and that they had all lied to him. Whatever that lie was, nopony knew. After a while, ponies began to get scared of him. The five of them tried to confront him about it, but eventually, he just... lost control. The ground began to shake and the skies turned dark. Then, everything went white, followed by the loudest sound anypony had ever heard, louder than ten thousand thunderclaps. The only reason the five of them had survived was because they used their Elements to create a shield around themselves at the last second, but once the white light had went away and they were able to see, there was nothing left to see. The entire village was gone, as though it were zapped off the face of the planet. In its place was a barren wasteland of smoke and fire that seemed to continue for miles.

There weren't even any bodies to bury.

In the distance, they could see a lone figure running off towards the forest edge in the distance at a speed they had never seen before. The Element had taken him over, giving him abilities nopony or human should ever have.

After that day, they had all taken an oath that they would stop him from doing it again by any means necessary, even if it cost them their lives.

“Um… Crash Breaker? You ok?”

“Yeah, I was just thinking…”

“We don’t have time to think! Alexander could be getting away!”

“Well, then we need to go!” Crash Breaker said as he jumped to his hoofs. He ran outside his tent and flew up above the camp.

“Which way is it?” He called down.

“Corosive said that he was about two miles East, but you will need to lead me. Some of us don’t have wings ya know.” Grease Gear said, pointing towards the horn on his head.

”Ok, follow me!” He yelled down.

Crash Breaker flew off towards the rising sun, while Grease Gear mirrored his image from the ground. They went for around fifteen minutes in that direction until Crash Breaker spotted what appeared to be a broken watchtower sticking out above the trees.

“I think I see the ruins Corosive was talking about!” Crash Breaker yelled out to Grease Gear on the ground.

“Alright, lead the way!” He shouted back up.

They both soon found themselves standing at the entrance of what appeared to be a small castle that had been reclaimed by the forest. Vines grew through cracks in the cobblestone walls and pieces of it were lying all over the place.

“It’s about time you both got here!” Somepony shouted from behind them.

They both turned around to be met by their three friends; Sea Breeze, Cloudy Bolt, and Corosive Dash.

“Nice to see you guys too.” Grease Gear responded with a laugh.

“We saw Alexander run inside the castle, but we wouldn’t follow him in until you guys got here. It will take all five of us to have a chance at stopping him.” Sea Breeze announced.

“But even then, it’s only a chance. We were able to block the power of his Element, but can we take his Element head on?” asked Cloudy Bolt, fear leaking out of his words.

“It doesn’t matter!” Corosive Dash retorted. “We all took an oath to stop him, no matter the cost! If it comes down to it, I’m willing to uphold that oath. Are you?!”

“Yes I am! You know that! I just don’t want to go rushing into there, not even knowing if we can beat him!”

“I know a way we can beat him, or at the very least stop him from ever doing it again. But, it comes with a heavy price…” Crash Breaker interrupted.

Everypony turned towards him, giving him their undivided attention.

“Well, how?” Grease Gear asked.

Crash Breaker let out a long sigh before continuing.

“Here’s what we will have to do…”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group entered the ruined castle in silence, their plan they made previously their only thought. Their clever, suicidal plan. The only plan they had.

The only plan that would work.

They began to search the castle, which turned out to not be very big after all. Most of it was destroyed, so there weren’t many areas that were accessible. After a few minutes of searching, they stumbled upon a giant hole in the floor that led into a cave system.

“He must be down there somewhere.” Cloudy Bolt said.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Corosive agreed.

One at a time, they dropped down into the cave. At first, it was pitch black, but as they continued onward, they began to see lights further down in the cave.

“He’s here.” whispered Sea Breeze.

They proceeded towards the light, trying their best to make as little noise as possible. Soon, the cave opened up into a giant cavern. Inside the cavern was what appeared to be some sort of altar. It consisted of five pillars in a circle with a larger pillar in the center. Above it was an inscription carved into the wall, but the language was foreign to them all. However, this was of no importance to them, for standing next to the center pillar, was none other than Alexander.

“I knew you would come find me.” he mumbled. “I knew it would only be a matter of time before you came to make me pay for what I did.”

He slowly turned to face the other five Elements standing before him.

“But you must understand… I didn’t want to… but at the same time… I did. I knew that if I didn’t, then you would have come to get me. You all would have tried to kill me! You all lied to me! You pretended to like me, only to more easily stab me in the back!”

“Alexander, you know us!” said Sea Breeze. “We would never try to hurt you! We are your friends, just as you are our friend!”

“No… not anymore. Maybe once, but no longer. Things can’t be changed. History can’t be changed. I can’t be changed.”
Alexander turned back towards the inscription on the wall.

“Do you know what that inscription says? Probably not, for it is not native to your kind. It is written in Latin, a language that I know very well. It says that when five Elements are present, a sixth will be revealed and it will grant one with unbelievable powers. All I need is that Element. When I combine it with my own, it would make me unstoppable! Thanks to you, five Elements are present now, which means that the ritual can begin.”

All of a sudden, the pillars began to glow with multiple colors while Alexander jumped up on top of the middle pillar.

“NO! Stop him now!” Corosive yelled out, but it was too late.

The pillars launched out beams of light at Alexander, causing a giant flash of white that temporarily blinded the others. When they turned back around, Alexander was off the pillar on his feet with a multi-colored aurora surrounding him. He looked stronger and more powerful in every way, shape, and form.

“Now, you will pay for your treachery!” he shouted out at them.

“Remember the plan!” Crash Breaker yelled out to his fellow Elements.

They all grouped together and powered up their most powerful Elemental ability.

An ability that could hopefully stop Alexander.

An ability that would claim their lives in the process.

At the same time, Alexander began to unleash his newfound power. The walls of the cave began to shake, and rocks fell from the ceiling. A shield began to form around the 5 ponies and small flares of light began to shoot off of the shield itself. Alexander began to hover in the air, showing that his Element was ready to be unleashed. All of a sudden, giant beams of light shot out from Alexander in all directions, and then one extremely giant beam shot out straight towards the 5 Elements. It hit the shield around them with unrelenting force, collapsing the sheild in an instant. The group lost concentration on their for a moment, but set the barrier up once more and continued.

Alexander launched another, collapsing it a second time, but the five others continued their spell. He launched a third, seeking to incinerate the group, but it did not have the desired affect. The spell itself latched inself onto the beam, stealing Alexander’s Element from him, but this act had also caused the spell to steal the Elements from the other five ponies as well, and if an Element is taken from its host...

... Its host is killed in the process.

“What? How? No! Impossible!” Alexander shouted as his power was drained from him.

In an instant, the power of Alexander’s Element combined with the power of the other five Elements shot back out in all directions. The ground exploded, and a blast much similar to the one that destroyed their village swept through the forest, destroying everything it its path. Then, there was silence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, Twilight! You need to get up! The Princess sent you a letter!” a familiar voice called out.

Twilight woke up with a start, nearly falling out of her bed. She was back in the Library.

“Jezz Twilight, are you okay?” Spike asked.

“Ugh, yeah Spike, I’m fine. I just had a really weird dream. How did I get back here? Last I remember I was at Fluttershy’s with the Princess.”

“Some guards along with Pinkie Pie and Applejack brought you back home around 2:00 last night. You were dead asleep. But anyway, the Princess sent you this letter. She told me that it was for your eyes only.”

“Ok, thanks Spike.”

“Sure thing, Twilight.” He responded as he walked off down the stairs.

Twilight used her magic to open up the letter and began to read it to herself.

My Faithful Student,

I have come across some new information in my Library here in Canterlot regarding the humans and the Elements. I believe you and your friends should know about it. I want you to gather up the other Elements and meet me in Canterlot tonight around 5:00. A train has been acquired for you, expenses paid. I will explain in more detail when you arrive.

Princess Celestia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many thanks out to the following users who allowed me to use their OC's in this chapter of the story!

Mr. Slireon with his OC: Crash Breaker

saxon with his OC: Grease Gear

corosive dash with his OC: Corosive Dash

Darkakorri with his OC: Cloudy Bolt

superfunnelc with his OC: Sea Breeze