• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 13,611 Views, 11,580 Comments

Persona EG - MythrilMoth



Flash Sentry, a new student at Canterlot High School, must adjust to life in a new town and school, make new friends, battle evil creatures that threaten mankind, and solve the mystery lurking within Canterlot's social media network.

  • ...
129
 11,580
 13,611
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 139 )

Bit by bit, the damage is repaired. Not undone; there's no reset button to be had here. But it is being mended, restored as best it can be. With Twilight confronting her part in the events, it will hopefully prove to be a lasting effort. We'll have to see.

Frankly, I kind of feel like what Flash did and what Twilight did are kind of unequal. During the argument over the pool party, Twilight was kind of coming from a reasonable POV. Granted she said some very rude and unkind things. But she kind of had a point. Flash then knowingly goes and cheats on her to spite her. It just feels to me like what happened is unequal. Twilight said some hurtful things, so Flash cheated on her, and most of the characters think he had a " a halfway valid reason" for it. I would understand if Flash was very mad at Twilight and said some equally hurtful things back at her, that would make what they did equal. But what Flash did seems much worse to me. Just my opinion on the matter.

I can't believe things are almost repaired already. My guess is tomorrow Flash will talk with Applejack, but that will still leave two revered links and a broken link when dealing with the next shadow trial, I hope that will be enough. Then hopefully Flash and Twilight will sit down and talk things out like they should have done from the start.

8458684
ok, you have point, but still...

HA! I knew Rarity would be the next one to have their link repaired!

Ah, another update, another restoring of a bond. This truly was worth the wait.

It is good that we're getting farther with the issue at hand. I wonder what will happen so that every link maxes out by the end of the story.

CSC

Very nice.

Well that makes me happy. So we just need to fix the bond with Applejack, and then the big one.

sighs, I really hope Twilight can let this go. But, something tells me this won't end well. Something's going to happen before they can fix it. Watch.

8458575
While you are kinda right, the whole situation had been brewing for quite some time. Twilight's blowup about the party was the tipping point. To wit "call a man a thief long enough, and he'll end up becoming a thief." Twilight's continuous comments about his behavior combined with Zodiac, plus the argument pushed him over the edge.

8458575
As 8460572 said, you are kinda right, but I don't think it is a matter of "who did worse?", but a matter of "both did bad". Both of them have negative numbers, so they have to work up back at least to zero. And if Twi starts now, she'll get there at the same time as Flash.

Okay, couple things I liked here

1: Shining not acting like a dick. Seriously, I think that what Flash did was atrocious, but Shining is the one person I would not have tolerated crap from given his own track record.

2: Rarity chiming in to make sure we're not sugarcoating what Flash did or treat it as a valid reaction.

I don't blame Twilight for being slow to forgive, despite her own faults. Forgiveness is not an obligation, under any circumstances. Still, they both seem to want to patch things up, and I'm optimistic for them.

It's great to see this story again. Happy writing, Moth! :twilightsmile:

Quick question MythrilMoth. Why don't you publish the LTE version to FIMfiction as well?

8462501
Because I don't want to and because believe it or not, all the formatting for the LTE version is the result of hours and hours of hard work on my part and it'd all be for nothing if nobody was actually going to my site to read it.

8462677
Okay. I was just curious is all. Though I'm looking forward to the next day for ZIT.

8462677 what is the LTE version?

8462845
It's basically an "uncut remastered" version of the story on his website. It is similar to how the real Persona video games are remade at times, like how Persona 3 was remade into Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 was remade into Persona 4 Golden.

Check it out here.

8462863
No problem. If you want you should also check out the tv tropes page for this story. Tv tropes is tons of fun to read and contribute to. Find that link in the description of the story.

8462877 oh I know, I've been using that website a lot to look up information. Again, thank you for your help.

That was also an excellent horoscope.

I am just waiting for the Plot Twist, Flash is going to try to convince Twilight for Forgiveness, But he discovers that Twilight Sparkle have become Evil...static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/planned2_5245.png

Well, it's been 3 days. Time for another round with Zecora and Door Number IV!

Zef

8460415
Thanks! :) I've been holding off on the usual MSTing of recent chapters because it might hurt the atmosphere of the narrative. They'll resume some time in the future if the mood allows it, though.

Now all we need is Applejack.

One thing that still bugs me, When Flash broke all the S. Links with Twilight and the others, shouldn’t it of effected their personas in a way? (Please keep in mind that even though I’m familiar with the Persona games, I’ve never played them myself, so please, no rude comments)

8484480
No, I think it only prevents him from using any persona of that arcana. It shouldn’t affect anyone he shares the link with. I mean, Rarity got her persona before he even got a link with her started.

8484556
so, when the link with Rarity was broken, all it did was cost Flash the ability to summon Hippolyta? (I’m just using Rarity as an example)

8486284
That's how reversed/broken Social Links work. It robs you of the ability to fuse/summon Personas of that Arcana.

8486297
Oh, interesting. Thanks

8548503

8486297
Holy shit. I never noticed. Hmm

8548596
When will the next update be up?

8604775
That's what you get for asking the one question I don't like people asking.

8604825
How would I have known that sense I have never asked you that before?

8605635
Gee, I dunno, you could've looked at my user page, maybe? Where it says this very clearly:

Stories not listed above will be worked on/updated on an unscheduled basis depending on my own time and mood. Please do not ask me when stories will be updated.

8605915
I look for five, not the writers pages.

8606040
I thought I put down 'fics'.

8859119
To be fair, in-series that is roughly possible. I mean not at once but, like subsequently in one session.

Also Moth, it has been a pleasure rereading this, hell, you've given me drive to reboot an old Persona fic idea I had....well that and replaying Persona V

8807343
Well, considering Personas, in pretty much all incarnations of the games, CAN'T be summoned in the "real" world, I don't think ol Arsene can do much.

8888781
Mark your P5 spoilers AS P5 spoilers OUTSIDE the spoiler tags, please. I'm the one who has to screen every last damn comment posted on this story and I haven't finished P5 yet and you just dropped two MAJOR spoilers on me. Thanks for that, by the way. :/

8981731
Hey dude, it's almost been a year since the last update. Is everything okay for you?

9066824
There have been multiple blog posts about this story and other stories. It's going to be a while before I get back to this, for a LOT of reasons.

9093615 I've watched 4's animation and played 5.

9093640
So, again, you (a) know nothing, and (b) are under the mistaken assumption that you can "predict" this story based on that.

9093675 Alright, fine. I won't try and guess how the story ends. I'm just really impatient to find out what happens.

9093680
I understand how that feels, but doing stuff like asking when the chapter will come or comparing the story to the rest of the franchise won't do much good.

Though I believe I understand what you are trying to say. I have watched the Persona 4 Animation too and have watched many videos about Personas 3, 4, and 5, and it seems like a common thing they all have with the very first Persona is usually the very last Persona used is a "super version" of the very first one. But one major difference between the anime and the games it is based on is that in the games the original Persona is usually very weak, so most players get rid of them as soon as they can. The anime usually make the original look much stronger than they actually are.

I admit, if things happened similar to the anime and games, then it would be cool if Flash got a super version of Chrion during the climax of the final battle, like a Rainbow version of it or something, but that still feels like it would be a bit of a stretch. Personally, the two things I am hoping for the most in the story right now are for Flash and Twilight to get back together (since they are my favorite couple) and to avoid an ending similar to the Persona 3 ending where Flash dies after saving the day.

Login or register to comment