• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 4,602 Views, 253 Comments

SIEG EQUESTRIA! - Macross84



Sgt Michael Black has found himself in a land far removed from the hellish fighting of the "One Year War". Yet, even here in the land of Equestria, dark clouds of battle loom over the horizon.

  • ...
13
 253
 4,602

A Zaku In Equestria (Edited)

A half Century has passed since Humanity began moving its burgeoning population into space. These gigantic colonies orbiting the Earth became a second home for Humanity. Where people were born, and raised, and died.

It is the year 0079 of the Universal Century. The furthest group of colonies from the Earth, known as Side 3, proclaiming themselves as the Principality of Zeon has launched a war of Independence against the Earth Federation. In roughly one month of fighting, the Principality of Zeon, and the Federation Forces saw the loss of half the Human population. Humanity was horrified by its own actions. The War became a stalemate, and little over 8 months have passed with no end in sight. During this war, many have stepped up on both sides to answer the call of duty. With each believing their side is just and their cause is true, they march onwards to fight and shed blood for their Ideals. Some of their names shall be remembered, most will not.

Large heavy footfalls thundered through the forests of Central Europe on the expanding Zeon Front, each one was as loud as an explosion or a crack of thunder, as a Zaku II "J" Type was trying to escape from an ambush that went horribly wrong. Its Pilot was cursing up a storm as he navigated the thick forest with the behemoth he piloted, constantly keeping his suit on the move to prevent it from taking a shot in the back. "Damn Intel! They got it all completely fucking wrong!" He seethed through clenched Teeth. 100mm rounds cracked by the Zaku as they slammed into, and shattered nearby trees like toothpicks, showering the very strong armor of the Zeon Mobile suit in splinters.

The Zaku II was the Principality of Zeon's premier Front line Mobile Suit at the outset of the war. Its design, and versatility easily surprising the Federation Forces, whom had assumed the petty rebellion would be quashed shortly, and thus had nothing that could counter the new weapon. It would be one of the most recognizable Symbols of a blood conflict that would be known through out History as "The One Year War".

The Zaku II was produced by Zeonic Company, and stood 17.5 Meters all. Its bulbous, rounded body was wrapped in Super Hard Steel Alloy that was often painted Olive Drab Green. Though there are models painted a various other colors at their Pilot's decretion, but these were more for Pilots that have distinguished themselves in combat. The most notable being Commander Char Aznable, otherwise known as "The Red Comet". The two main types of Zaku was the "F" type which was made for space Combat, and the "J", or "JC" type that was produced for Terrestrial combat upon the Earth. Though there was some "F" Types operating upon the Earth during the war. The Main differences was that the J/JC Type Zaku did not have the Thrusters in the Feet, nor around the bottom of the legs that the "F" Type did. However, it was given a more powerful Minovsky Particle Ultra Compact Fusion reactor to handle the Earth's Gravity. These two Mobile suits would spawn other variants of Zakus like the High Maneuverability "R" Type, as well as the F2 Type that would see action at the end of the war.

Sgt. Michael Black, and the other members of the four man mobile team he was with were supposed to ambush a Federation Supply convoy that was going to be passing by very close to Zeon held territory. A simple mission, something they had done hundreds of times by now. Intelligence stated that the Convoy was going to be very lightly escorted for the sake of speed. A couple of Tanks, maybe one or two GM suits at worst, but nothing beyond that. Their Leader, a Lieutenant as green as the skin of a Zaku II was eager to make a name for himself, and called the charge into the attack. Sgt. Black was on Heavy Weapons detail, meaning his MS carried not only the 120mm Zaku Machine Gun, but the 280mm Zaku Bazooka. As the other three Zaku's charged into the attack, Sgt Black's Zaku was knelt down on a rise with the Bazooka Shouldered, and aimed at the bend where the Convoy was supposed to round at any moment.

Almost instantly the ambush went wrong. The Convoy was far more heavily guarded than Intel told them. The three Suits that surged forward with Black providing support from the rear found themselves immediately surrounded by GMs, and Guncannons. Black barely had time to get off a couple of shots with the Bazooka before he watched the three members of his team go up like roman Candles. With no back up, or support anywhere nearby, Michael did the only thing he could do, run.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure about this, Applebloom? Is this really the way to Zecora's place?" Scootaloo asked as she buzzed behind the other two rambunctious members of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Once again, the three were in search of their Cutie Mark. Today's idea was to meet with Zecora the Zebra, and seek her wise council. Applebloom had theorized that since she was a shaman from her homeland, that she must have helped many other young zebras find their cutie marks and would share her knowledge with them. That is, if they could somehow understand the funny way she talks.

"Ah'ma certain its this way!" Applebloom announced as the trio trotted through the Everfree Forest. It was still relatively sunny outside so the forest didn't have the spooky factor it would have if had been later in the day. Even still, the forest still had a forbidden feel to it. That simply being here was just wrong.

"Right, Right. That's what you said last time." Scootaloo huffed as she followed. Applebloom, and Scootaloo, if not for the fact that they were the best of friends. They could be the worst of enemies with how they often fought over things.

"Hey, no fighting!" Sweetie Bell, the peacekeeper of the group, stated firmly as she kept herself between Applebloom, and Scootaloo before they could start butting heads again.

The trio's voices carried far in the dense woods, and caught the attention of a couple hungry predators. Timber wolves glowered at the three little fillies that were moving through their woods. Slowly, they moved out of cover, and started to stalk their prey. The succulent taste of young pony meat was a very rare, and an adored treat for the magical predators of the woods. their feet barely made a sound as they followed. Remaining in the shadows cast by the trees, and bushes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are we all doing here, Twilight?" Rainbow Dash asked as she hovered impatiently in the air. She could be training, and practicing a new move to try, and impress the Wonderbolts with, or sleeping on her favorite nimbus cloud. The invitation to head to Twilight's Library had been rather sudden, and the others thought that this could have been something very important. Like a Summons from the Princesses, or perhaps another threat to Equestria has appeared.

"Oo, Oo Maybe she's gonna throw us a surprise party!" Pinkie stated as she bounced like her legs were made of springs. The bubblegum pink Earth Pony always seems to be in the midst of a Sugar high so intense that it should have been illegal. It often made the other Ponies wonder how she could keep going at her pace.

"Ah don't reckon so, Pinkie." Apple jack spoke with her trademark drawl. The other ponies were eagerly awaiting what Twilight wanted to show them.

"Just a second." Twilight announced as she turned, but knocked one of her books over. The book landed with a thud, causing the young Alicorn to wince, and grumble at her new appendages. Since recently ascending to Alicornhood, and attaining her wings, she had been knocking everything over with them like it was going out of style. It was getting quite old by now, but not to a certain rainbow haired Pegasis. Rainbow Dash simply laughed as she hovered in mid Air.

"Well, I asked you all here so I could demonstrate my latest spell!" Twilight announced proudly. The others "oo'ed" in response. Though there were a few concerned looks mixed in. "Um, Twilight...Are you sure about this? Considering your recent upgrade to Alicorn status, are you sure you've adjusted to your new powers?" Rainbow asked incredulously.

"Everything will be fine. Nothing to worry about. I've done all the research for this spell." Twilight assured, but the others didn't look so confident. Twilight took her stance as she started to charge up her spell. The tip of her horn glowing brighter, and brighter as the others started backing away from her. Whatever this spell was, it looked to be a doozy! Twilight gritted her teeth as she concentrated. Sweat starting to bead, and drip down her forehead as the small ball of magic steadily grew until there was suddenly crackoom of energy, a bright flash of light, and magic followed by a gust of mighty wind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Trees splintered, and snapped as Michael threw the Zaku into a full fledged run. "Damn tenacious bastards." He seethed as the Feddy Suits were still after him. he guessed that they wanted a kill that badly. The ground quaked with the heavy metal shod footfalls of the Zaku as Michael tried to evade his pursuers. the long tube of the Zaku Bazooka swaying with each step. Michael thought about ditching the weapon for speed, but with this many, he may need the last two rounds to give him an edge.

With a huff, Michael planted his Zaku's right foot and threw the hips around as he turned the MS to face his pursuers. If he was lucky, he may be able to get a snap shot off, and perhaps cripple one of the Feddy Suits. That may discourage the others, and give him an opening to escape. The Zaku II raised the Bazooka to its shoulder, the left hand coming up, around, and grabbing the extra handle to stabilize the unit as Michael made the final adjustments to fire a round into the lead GM. However, before he could even press the Trigger, there was a bright flash of light that shorted his main camera, followed by the sickening feeling of falling, and crashing before all Michael saw was blackness. .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was getting dark as the Three Fillies of the Cutie Mark Crusaders found themselves at an odd dead end. "Gah, We're lost!" Scootaloo announced to the forest. Her voice being swallowed up by the trees.

"We're not lost!" Applebloom snapped back. Yet, she was uncertain. She was confident that this was the way to Zecora's hut, but she never remembered there being an obstacle here before. She peered at this strange green wall before them as if she stared hard enough, the secrets of the universe would be shown to her, and her friends. It was odd, and didn't feel like anything she knew to be natural. It was too dark to see anything, let alone discern any markings, or details of this strange obstruction to their path.

However, they wouldn't get time to be idle for long as a snarling growl was heard behind them. The three spun on their hooves, and the color drained from their faces as they saw that there was a pack of Timber wolves slowly approaching them. Their glowing green eyes seemingly sapping what little strength they had to flee from them. The three Fillies quickly forgot their own quarrel, and clung to each other. "This is it!" Sweetie Bell whimpered.

"Apple Bloom, I'm sorry I ate your Pudding!" Scootaloo blurted out before tucking her head back into the Huddle. If she was going to be sent to the next life. She wanted to go with a clean heart.

Apple Bloom's eyes popped open as she looked at Scootaloo. "It was you that ate muh apple puddin'!?" Applebloom asked angrily. She had been saving that puddling for a while since it was her favorite flavor, and it was hard to get them.

"I'm sorry, okay? It was so good, and it called out to me with its delicious flavor!" Scootaloo replied with a sheepish grin.

Before Apple Bloom could get even angrier, Sweetie Bell cut in. "Girls, Focus!" She shouted, thrusting a hoof in the direction of their demise. The Timber wolves were continuing to advance slowly. Savoring the fear coming off the three pony fillies. All three started saying prayers for help over, and over again.

Their prayers would be answered, but in a way they couldn't have possibly imagined. From behind them, they heard something move, something big. They continued to cling to each other, their eyes shut. They didn't want to see the attack coming. Suddenly, the ground quaked, and jostled as there came a sickening crunch of one of the timber wolves being crushed underneath a tremendous weight. Sweetie Bell would be the first to open her eye, as a great dark mass could just barely be seen in the Moonlight that filtered down through the Everfree Forest's canopy. One part of the mass was close, within a couple of feet of her. "Whew, that was close!" She said happily. wiping the sweat from just beneath her horn.

However, it would appear that she spoke too soon. The mass moved again, this time, rising off the ground like an awoken god of the forest, finally coming to life after a long sleep. Revealing that it was an enormous hand, much like Minotaurs had. Each one of its dark fingers were as big around as a tree trunk. The hand planted back down upon the ground, and pushed. The three Fillies slowly turned, and looked up as an enormous green giant rose behind them. It just kept getting bigger, and bigger till it towered even over the trees. A bright eye appeared with a strange hum, blazing red angrily. The eye looked right, and then left before seemingly focusing on the three Fillies. Their irises shrank to pinpricks, and their ears folded back against their skulls. Their mouths hung open right before the three let out such a scream, they discovered a new octave. Out of pure fear, and panic, the three fillies ran for their lives back to Ponyville.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Twilight, are you okay?" A soft voice called in the darkness as the purple Alicorn was slowly coming to her senses. It was Fluttershy, the young Pegasus, and the bearer of the Element of Kindness. She was using her wings to fan air over Twilight as she let out pain filled groans, curling up on the rug in the middle of the Library.

"I...I think I'm going to be ill." Twilight groaned as she tried to get her hoofs beneath her. She felt incredibly weak, and dizzy. It wasn't helping her nausea any. Her normally lavender face turning a rather interesting shade of Green as Fluttershy continued to fan her friend.

"Now Darling, please don't go, and do something unladylike. Spike, could you be a dear, and fetch Twilight some water?" Rarity stated quickly as she looked around, and found a garage bin. Using her magic, she quickly levitated the pail over to Twilight. Rarity held the Bucket before Twilight's muzzle just in case, but made sure she was well away as she had a poor gag reflex.

"Right away Rarity!" Spike stated as he bounded out of the Room. While he was honestly concerned for his "Sister", Twilight. Spike also had the ulterior motive of trying to impress Rarity with his willingness to be useful.

Blessedly Twilight would not lose her last meal as Spike came over with a small glass of water. "Thank you Spike." Twilight stated with a pant as she seemed quite unsteady upon her legs. Using her magic, she took the glass of water from the tiny dragon as slowly she sipped the water as the other ponies gathered around, save for Rainbow Dash whom was quite focused on something outside.

"Take 'er easy, sugacube." Applejack stated as she came to Twilight's side, and gave her something to lean against. The strong Earth Pony easily countering the weight of Twilight as she felt her friend lean against her. "There, there. Just rest easy now." Applejack spoke quietly.

It was about this time that Rainbow Dash decided to speak. "Um, Twilight....what were you trying to do with that fancy spell of yours?" Rainbow Dash asked as she looked over her cyan colored shoulder to her still recovering friend.

"I was trying to summon Gummy from Pinkie's place." Twilight stated more easily now that the dizziness, and nausea were beginning to subside. She took a couple of cautionary steps to see if she could regain her balance, but looked more like a new born deer learning to walk for the first time.

"Oooo really!? Cause that would be like...SUPER awesome!" Pinkie bounced with excitement before suddenly darting all over the place. "Gummy!?....Gummy!? Where are you?" She called out as she looked for her beloved pet.

"Yeah, well~....you got the scales right. Just not the scale." Rainbow Dash stated as she continued to hover before the window. The other ponies looked up at her, and could only look on in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Rarity asked with a bit of a disgruntled huff at the rainbow haired Pegasus. The very next moment a ear splitting roar could be heard. Four of the five ponies quickly made their way to a window to see what was going on. Fluttershy turned, and dove underneath the nearest table. She didn't need to see what she knew she heard. It was the stuff of her nightmares, a full grown Dragon!

Author's Note:

Set in an Alternate Universe between Seasons 3, and 4. Twilight just recently ascended to Alicorn, and is still adjusting to her new powers, as well as title of princess.

Next Chapter: "Zaku Vs. Dragon!"