• Published 6th Oct 2014
  • 448 Views, 8 Comments

A Mistfits' Story: The Son of Nopony - LE_MALEM



This story could be considered as a prequel to my OC in the story of "The Misfits" by Cyber System, narrating his childhood and exile altogether.

  • ...
 8
 448

Lurking Evil: Part 2

Chapter 3 Lurking Evil: Part 2

Laa-Mohr's cell, Tomorrow Night

This was the night he was waiting for, the night where all will probably be revealed. It is now or never. Tonight, he will uncover the dark secret behind the mastermind of slave trading and, if the Creator is willing, end this on his own. However, he has one obstacle to overcome: The hulking mass of a camel in front of him known as Kamal. You can see the latter meditating and chanting a mantra in his own native tongue. This picked Laa-Mohr's curiosity as he asked his opponent.

"So, preparing for battle it seems?" it was an innocent but nevertheless rhetorical question but what Kamal answered was probably different.

"Me pray for spirit that soul of you go to the sky safely. Me really don't like to kill much but if I not kill, I die. Fighting I live for. All I do all my life since little camel. Fight for glory, fight for survival, fight for myself, fight so that Camellia people not suffer. Tyrant lurking. Tyrant watch over all. Tyrant knows if me fail, not only me, but people of me die."
Laa-Mohr thought for a little then started saying the following.

"Do you not wish for freedom, Kamal?" At those words, Kamal's ears perked.

"Free-dom? Me not know that word. But word seem good on the tongue. You know many things for slave. Me rare to see slaves know anything." The eyes of Kamal were looking intensely at the pony. He felt something he never felt before: Inferiority. For the first time of his life, the poor camel found himself rather weakened in a domain he didn't even expect to be. He looked in admiration at the grey young colt and said.

"Me really wish not to kill you. You could be good pony but I sorry if I do kill you."

"I have three words for you then: Do your worst!" exclaimed Laa-Mohr, laughing. Truth is the latter was afraid. He really is fearing for his life. He couldn't keep his hoof shaking. But he knew that now is not the time for fear, it's time for a duel to the death as the jailer came, opened their cell and yelled.

"Alright you two, into the arena! Give the spectators some spectacle that they enjoy." And with that, the bells of fate toiled for both.

Coliseum Arena

The arena was not as Laa-Mohr expected. For a place built in the underground, it was big, well-maintained and not to mention crowded, so crowded that you couldn't hear yourself from the amount of cheering there is. The two opponents were unchained and are presented with their respective weapons: For Laa-Mohr, his trusty scimitar made of iron and was a gift from his previous caretaker. As for Kamal, he had a giant axe. From the smell of blood, the axe has seen many victims in its battles, probably in the hooves of Kamal. Laa-Mohr looked at his sword then at the guard.

"I couldn't reject the old man's request so I had the sword with me until your duel. Good luck! You'll need it." Laa-Mohr smirked at what he said and went to the arena, facing Kamal. Before the fight could start, a horn was blown from the spectator's seats, specifically the VIP spot which was the highest. A masked pony with a big cape covering his whole physique appeared as the crowd grew wilder. His cape bore the mark of slavery: A green cobra head with its tail constricting a pony's hoof.

"Mares and Gentlecolts arena lovers, I welcome you personally to witness another glorious battle tonight" he said with a distorted voice as the cheers echoed more and more through the arena walls. "Without further adeu, let me present you our gladiators. To my left, we have everypony's favorite champion and my personal favorite. Kamal the Gargantuan." As he announced Kamal's name, the latter grunted while facing Laa-Mohr then he bowed to the masked pony. "And his challenger, another victim if I might add. What is your name, son? That is if you have one" he added laughing like a maniac and making the crowd boo and laugh with him. Laa-Mohr, however, didn't talk or even faze as he was looking at Kamal intensely. He assumed a sword stance, ready to battle as he waited for the egocentric pony to finally give his signal.

"And let the battle begins!" And he did give his signal for the battle.

With a roar, Kamal charged his opponent with a murderous intent and swung his axe at him from above only for Laa-Mohr to barely dodge the swing.

"Not only he's bulky and strong but he's swift too. One of these and I join the Creator for sure." Laa-Mohr thought as he dodged more swings. All of Kamal's swings made cracks on the ground as Laa-Mohr continued dodging until he was cornered. Kamal smirked as he took the opportunity and swung again only this time Laa-Mohr blocked, but it was inefficient as he was sent flying to the crowd stand. Blood splattered from his hoof as he stopped the impact by grabbing one of the fences that served as protection for the crowd. He quickly analysed the terrain and jumped from fence to fence while thinking of a strategy.

"He probably won't reach me here-" But his train of thoughts was interrupted by the axe being thrown at his direction and almost cleaved him hadn't he ducked in time. The axe went back to Kamal's hoof as it went by and the latter just smirked while shaking his head. "I take back everything I said! This camel is fearsome. I gotta do something against that." As he was thinking about his opponent, he used his sword on a nearby banner and made it back to the center of the arena. The crowd cheered for Kamal and his unknown opponent as they resumed fighting, this time Laa-Mohr took the initiative with fast swings on the camel. Some of these swings hit their mark but something told Laa-Mohr that they were barely scratches on that body; his suspicions were confirmed by a grab from the giant on his throat. Kamal headbutted his opponent which made Laa-Mohr's ears ring. As he readied another headbutt, Laa-Mohr regained his composure and stabbed the hoof on his throat, making Kamal scream in agony and rage. Sword still in hoof, Kamal removed it and impaled it in a nearby wall like a needle on a pincushion. Laa-Mohr tried to rush to his sword only to be stopped by the hulking mass and his axe's swing barring his way. He stepped on the axe's handle and delivered a magnificent overhead kick to the camel's face, rendering him down for a second. Taking the chance, he went for his sword only to find that it's really stuck there and would take time to remove it. Kamal approached slowly as he was ready for a downward swing. The pony saw this as he acrobatically dodged it by using his sword as a bar and standing on its blade. Using the wall as a path, he walked vertically on it and descended on his sword's pommel, omitting it from the wall and catapulting it towards Kamal's chest. The impact was unbearable for Kamal as the sword pierced his body from both sides. Laa-Mohr decided to finish the match by taking his sword out from his body and delivered a hoofful of bucks in the camel's face, knocking him down to the ground. The gargantuan has finally fell down, sweating, panting and bleeding heavily but he wasn't the only one as his triumphant opponent grabbed his bleeding hoof and limped towards Kamal, looking at him.

"You... defeat me..." Kamal said, breathing heavily between his words. "Me die... warrior death... an honor... to die... by you..." As he closed his eyes, prepared for the finishing blow of his opponent.

"You have done what has nopony done in the past ten years. Defeating my champion makes you the new champion of my arena. I won't need Kamal anymore. You can finish him however you choose." The masked pony said, venomously. Laa-Mohr looked at him and at Kamal. He grabbed his axe, ready to swing it...

"The only pony that is to die here is YOU!" he yelled as he threw the axe with all his strength towards the masked pony who barely dodged it but not without cracking his mask off. The pony's face was familiar for Laa-Mohr as his eyes widened to the realization: The pony had a brown mane and blue stilted eyes.

"KASSHIM! You were behind all this?!" he asked, voice booming to all the spectators who panicked as they rushed past the guards, some of them were impaled in the route of safety, screaming in terror the name they heard from Laa-Mohr's mouth.

"Why do this, Kasshim? Aren't you the son of the Sultan?" He was indeed the son of the Sultan as Laa-Mohr revealed. He heard many things about him from his father and only saw him a few times without even baring attention to him.

"The son... of the Sultan?" He laughed so evilly that Laa-Mohr could even see the demons coming from his mouth "I am no son of that fool! He practically disowned me after finding I was unworthy of the throne after him. It happened a long time ago, before you were brought to the castle. He and his 'trustworthy' Vizier found out that I wasn't doing my job properly, that I was having fun while my servants were doing my work! I am the heir of the Sultan and I have to do jobs? I have all rights to appoint anypony at my job. All I wanted is the life of a king where nopony questions me, obey me and my words. I was going to lead the kingdom one day but my father decided to appoint his Vizier instead. I was always jealous of that bastard. I am Emperor here at my own arena. I allowed slavery in secret because I wanted to build my own empire one day. But this day is going to be your last instead." He manically laughed as he lunged form his spot to finish off Laa-Mohr only to bump into Kamal's body. He was standing between both ponies as he grabbed Kasshim and splattered his head on the ground with such a force that his head exploded from his lifeless body.

"Me fear you... Me feared you long time... No more... Me freedom... Me not obey you no longer...." As Kamal fell on his knees, Laa-Mohr came to his aid.

"You needn't killing him. But after all he did to you and all he did to his own family, he deserved it. He was going to lead the kingdom to its dismay with his one-sided thinking. His father, may the Creator bless his soul, saw through that. It is as the Vizier feared, it was somepony from the inside that was controlling the strings to this operation. I better go back to Istablbul and inform them about the situation." As Laa-Mohr was ready to depart, he heard slow hoof beats from behind.

"I no understand words" it was Kamal going after him "But me come with you. Tribe tradition for saving life. Me owe you life forever. Me your slave." As he kneeled in front of him. Laa-Mohr went back towards him.

"I don't understand! You wanted freedom, you got it by your own hooves. Go back to your tribe and make sure to let them know that they're welcome to Saddle Arabia." He felt a grab and a shake.

"Me do that later! Me want to go with you. Freedom with you. Me not free without you." Kamal said solemnly. Laa-Mohr sighed as he gave up and walked with him outside towards Istablbul. "But please, you're not slave anymore, let's be friends instead." He added smirking.

"Fr-iend-s" Kamal mimicked "Me need to learn a lot." They laughed hardly as they walked through the dawn.

Laa-Mohr's POV

The Sultan was shocked by the news of his son betraying him but has accepted his fate and appointed Caliph as the new Sultan candidate, which made me the heir of a Sultan candidate, which meant a lot more paperwork but a lot more action too which I accepted humbly: There was no running from responsibility after all. Three years have passed since that event. Kamal officially became the ambassador between Saddle Arabia and Camellia as it officially became a protectorate under our hooves. He has learned Saddle Arabian for that and I never convinced him to break his oath of him protecting me forever, until 'that' day.

Arena grounds.

"I have finally found him. The pony that shall receive my prophecy one day." an unknown cloaked figure with a cane at hoof walked off the arena ground in pursuit of Laa-Mohr and then vanished into thin air.

Author's Note:

Another chapter done! I might be lazing off a bit but little by little until I finish the story. Things are going to be interesting from now on. I know I felt lazy with the villain BUT he's not the main one I can tell you that!

To Cyber: If you have any questions, feel free to ask them all! I'll answer them!

Comments ( 3 )

Alright, sorry it took me so long to comment but I could not find an error in this, except this:

he said with a disorienting voice

I think the word you're looking for is distorted, disorient means confusing or losing sense of things.

Also the way you're wording this makes it sound like they're holding their weapons in their hooves, how does that work?

5404596 Well if Applejack can hold sticks and marshmallows with her hooves, it works here too! If it's running with 3 hooves, why not! It's a cartoon and I don't question it! Let's not forget that swordsmanship is part of Saddle Arabian martial arts and a noble one that is! A Saddle Arabian with no sword expertise is no Saddle Arabian for me!

5405044 touché, very well then, continue.

Login or register to comment