• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 2,342 Views, 12 Comments

Becoming A Princess For A Day - Matt11



Princess Celestia and Princess luna decide to hold a contest for the little fillies at Cheerilee's school.

  • ...
10
 12
 2,342

chapter 1

The beautiful sunny sky shined across the land. The birds chirped and the powerful wind blew fast across nature.
Today was a different day in Canterlot. Today Princess Celestia and Princess Luna had decided to do a contest for school filly's. Each one would send a letter to them. Of course they would need Twilight’s help, but the winner would be able to come to Canterlot and become princess for a day.

Right now Celestia was in her throne room with her sister and Discord discussing everything that is going to happen. Luna was listening carefully; keeping a good eye on her while Discord just polished his nails, not even caring. He was still upset that he didn't get a throne in Twilights new castle.

Celestia levitated a stack of paper to Luna and the other to Discord. Discord felt the paper smash into his stomach, making him flinch. Celestia didn’t like that he wasn’t really paying any attention. He sighed and opened up the paper to start reading it. After he finished he looked at Celestia as if she broke the law.

“Is this a joke? Are you seriously going to have some little filly become a princess for a day? Just think of all the chaos one of those little things could do.” A light bulb came up to his head like he had an idea. He flicked the light bulb off his head with his finger. “Hmm, actually, that sounds like a great idea. Do what you want. Chaos is the best in this world. Let me know when you have a winner. Maybe I’ll help to teach them some… unusual ways of ruling. Hehe.” With that he snapped his finger and disappeared from the room
Celestia and Luna just shook their heads, they should have known Discord would just leave but now that gave them some time to talk alone.

Princess Celestia used her magic and shut the door softly and turned her head to Luna. “So, Sister. How shall we do this? Any ideas?”.
Luna put a hoof on her chin to think for a bit and after a few seconds she had an idea “How about a pie eating contest?”.

Celestia shuck her head “Sorry, Luna, but to be honest I don’t think that would work, perhaps we could have each of these fillies write a letter explaining why they feel they deserve the honor, and they can give it to Twilight Sparkle to send to me. Once we pick the winner one of us will personally go to Ponyville and bring her back to Canterlot.” She got up from her throne, walking towards the window.

Luna just stared at her sister. The way she said it seemed like it work a lot. Luna smiled at Celestia. “Thou sister, that’s a fantastic idea! Shall we inform Twilight now?” she asked, receiving a nod in response.

Luna decided to go to her room and send the message herself, leaving Celestia to think about some things. They had a lot of planning to do if they were going to have a filly come to Canterlot. The place will need to be as clean as possible.

Opening her door and sitting down in a chair Luna pulled out a quill and scroll and began writing to Princess Twilight Sparkle.

“Dear Twilight, I am happy to announce we will be starting a new contest and Celestia would like to put you in charge. We want all the fillies to write a letter explaining why they feel they should be a princess. You will be teleporting their letters to us. The winner will get to come to Canterlot and be princess for a day. Once we have read through the letters we will come there personally to pick them up. Please inform Miss Cheerilee about this. Signed, Princess Luna.”

With that a flash of blue magic went around the quill and it was soon teleported out of there, Luna then left to find Discord to make sure he wasn’t up to anything when he left like that she felt suspicious of it.
****
Several hours later in Ponyville Twilight’s library was packed with Cheerilee’s students, each one writing down why they would want to become a princess. Twilight was asking Spike to bring the ones that finished over to her. She was very excited. This was the first time Celestia had ever done something like this and she couldn’t wait to see the look on the fillies face when they won.

Diamond Tiara was there with her butler. Instead of doing it herself she ordered her butler to write the letter for her. After all, she was basically a princess already with her crown and the prestige of her family. This was just the next logical step. If she won she was going to throw the Crusaders in the dungeon for being blank flanks. She had a devious look on her face as she glanced over at them, imagining them begging to be let out.

Silver Spoon, on the other hoof, was writing her own letter. Unlike Tiara she wouldn’t make anypony do her own work. All she wanted was to hopefully try to see the master golden spoon, a very valuable spoon that she’d always wanted.

The crusaders however were doing theirs different. Twilight had told them only one could go so they would not able to write as a group. They didn’t take the news too well but that didn’t stop them from writing to the princess.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were sitting next to each other along with Scootaloo, but, unlike Apple Bloom and Sweetie, Scootaloo was remaining silent. She wanted to be a princess for one reason only.

“Dear Princess Celestia, my name is Scootaloo and I’m an awesome scooter riding pegasus. I can’t fly yet because my wings haven’t grown in properly, but someday I hope to be as awesome as Rainbow Dash. My dream is to fly and be as good as Rainbow Dash.

“I live with my mother Dizzy Twister. She’s almost always too busy with work to hang out with me, but that’s okay. I have loving, caring friends to help to fill that void of loneliness inside. I don’t know much about my daddy. He died in a war a long, long time ago and I never got to meet him. Mom doesn’t talk that much about him.

“I only have one reason that I want to be a princess. I’d like to be loved and admired by everyone, even if it is for only a short time. I’d like to show my mom a picture of me surrounded by lots of ponies and being loved, and show it to her and tell her that it’s what I’d like to have from her. I think if she see’s how important it is to me than maybe she’ll stop caring about work so much and spend more time with me. I know it’s a lot to ask, but I never got a chance to meet my dad. It would be too sad if I never got to know my mom either. I want us to be able to spend more time together, and I think this would be the best way to get her attention. Please, Princesses, I’m begging you. Help me to get rid of this distance between the two of us. Signed, Scootaloo.

Once finished she dropped the quill and went to give it to Spike. However, she ran into Diamond Tiara on her way there. She hid the paper under her wing and said, “Hey, watch where you're going!” She tried to get past her but she kept blocking Scootaloo’s path.

She looked at Scootaloo and saw the paper sticking out. “Ha! Blank flank, hiding that paper because you're scared I’ll rip it or something. Well, that hardly seems worth my time. Besides, I’ll be the princess and then I’ll have you and your loser friends thrown in the dungeon. Haha, see ya Scootaloser.” With that she left and threw her quill at Spike’s face, not even caring if she made him drop all the quills he was carrying.

Scootaloo saw the stack of quills Spike was carrying fall after Tiara’s little stunt so she helped him pick them up. Once they finished she gave him her quill.

Several hours had passed and only the crusaders were left inside. Who would be the princess? It would be decided tomorrow. Excited about the event the crusaders head home to get ready, Twilight had told them to be at her library early.

Scootaloo walked into her home. She was a little sad her mother wasn’t home. She would have loved telling her about signing up to be a princess for the day but… her mother was always busy and she was just a filly so she couldn’t do anything about it. Getting a daisy sandwich from the kitchen she left to go to her room to eat it. When she was done she laid her head on her bed and let out a sigh as she began drifting off to sleep.
****
Princess Luna and Discord were talking with one another in her room. “Tell me, Discord. You're not planning on causing any trouble tomorrow, are thou, because I’d hate to have to send Fluttershy here to teach you another lesson” she said with a frown.

Discord pouted “WHAT!” he said in an innocent tone. “Me? Cause trouble? Why, what do I look like… a filly?” He snapped his finger and turned into a filly Fluttershy “I mean, come on. I’ve changed, remember?” He gave her an evil grin that looked out of place on a pony like Fluttershy.

Luna simply face hoofed “Ugh! Whatever. If I find out you did something you're spending an entire week at Shy’s cottage. Understood?” she said politely. Discord simply nodded and left the room still in his filly form.

Luna put some make up on and left the room to meet up with her sister. She motioned the guard to leave once she got in the throne room which was packed with around fifty letters. Her ears drooped. “Looks like this will take longer than I thought it would, dear sister.” She levitated about half over to herself leaving the rest for Celestia to read.

They each read the letters patiently but were not impressed with the reasons that the fillies had. However, when Luna got to Scootaloo’s she felt a tear slide down her face. Hers was the only one that seemed to fit so she levitated it over to Celestia, “I think I've found our little princess,” she said with a determined look.

Celestia read it as well and cried a little. The poor little filly had lost her father and her mother’s too busy to watch over her. A day as a princess should fit nicely for the young filly, “Sister we must rest for tonight, and tomorrow we will get this young filly. We will make sure she has the best day ever” she said with a bright smile. The two sisters walked off to their bed rooms and slept peacefully that night.
***
Scootaloo walk up early at 8:00 in the morning. She went to the kitchen and unsurprisingly her mother was already gone. It was nothing new to her. She made herself breakfast and once finished she rode her scooter out of there and went to meet her friends at Twilight’s library. Upon getting there she saw her friends and only a few other students. She could only think of two things that could've happened: either they slept in or were running late. She rode over towards Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.

Diamond Tiara smirked. “Enjoy your last look at the sunshine. Just a short while longer and you may address me as “PRINCESS” Diamond Tiara.”

They decided to just ignore her.

As the fillies waited they decided to play a bored game that Sweetie Belle brought over. After about ten minutes they saw a carriage that was carrying one of the princesses. Once they stoppednear the library all the fillies ran out there and bowed, including Diamond Tiara.
Celestia walked out of the carriage, smiling at the young fillies. She saw her old student twilight walking towards her and said “Twilight, could you please show me where this Scootaloo is?” she asked in a soft voice.

Twilight was shocked that Scootaloo won but she walked over to Scootaloo and said “Scootaloo, go. The princess is here for you.”
“You...you mean I….I won?” She smiled brightly, her eyes twinkling. She walked with Twilight and once they got up to Celestia Scootaloo started to bow but was stopped by Celestia.

“No need to bow to me. After all, you are a princess for today, remember? No need to be respectful like that.” She allowed Scootaloo to walk into the carriage. Scootaloo nods and walks into the carriage. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were cheering for her. Diamond Tiara, on the other hoof, was crying, which made Scootaloo giggle. She thought of returning the favor for Diamond’s plan by ordering her thrown into a dungeon. But… she wanted to be above such things, or it would make her no better.

Celestia waved bye to Twilight and went in with the young filly. Once she got in she draped a wing over Scootaloo. She could tell the filly was nervous, “It’s okay, Scootaloo. Everything will be fine” she said softly.

The guards flapped their wings and began to lift the carriage just as a small storm began. Loud thunder could be heard. This caused Scootaloo to jump and she went falling out of the carriage. She was quickly caught in Celestia’s magic and put on Celestia’s lap.
“What’s the matter, my little pony?” she asked curiously, it was strange to her to see a pegasus scared of a little thunder, normally pegasi loved the weather like this but this filly seemed to be scared of it.

Scootaloo blushed. She couldn’t believe she was acting this way in front of a princess. “I...uh, I… well, you see…” She trailed off.
“Don’t be nervous, Scootaloo. I’m not gonna bite” she said reassuringly.

Scootaloo gulped “Well, the reason I’m so scared of storms is because when I was younger I had nopony to hold me or protect me when I had a bad dream or anything. Like I said in the letter my mom is always busy. That’s why I’m scared of thunder or even monsters that might come after me.” After saying that she felt a little ashamed.

Celestia gave Scootaloo a small hug. “It’s okay. Let me tell you a secret. When I was younger I was always scared myself. My parents were always busy with running Equestria to care much.”

A few tears dropped out her eyes as a small smile appeared on her face. “Really? But I always thought princesses were never scared of anything.”

Celestia smiles “We all have our own fear and so does my sister, Scootaloo. Being brave is not about feeling no fear about at all. It’s about feeling scared and yet doing it anyway. Now whatcha say we get you into a nice dress for today, little princess?”Using her magic she put a small tiara on Scootaloo’s head.

Scootaloo blushed. She never expected to actually be a princess but something popped into her head “Wait, if I’m a princess can I become an alicorn?” she asked, her eye lighting up at what her friends would say to that. She then thought of Diamond Tiara’s jaw dropping in awe when she came to class..

Princess Celestia let out a small chuckle at that. “Sorry, but remember this is only for one day. I can’t be letting a small filly be a alicorn.” She patted Scootaloo on the head and used her magic to put Scootaloo on her back and walked into the castle. Her sister was waiting patiently for her arrival.

Luna bowed to the young filly. “It is nice to see thou again. I understand you have been having better dreams now?” she asked, even though she knew the truth.

Scootaloo jumped off of Celestia’s back and gave Luna a hug on her leg “YEAH! You bet I have. It’s nice to see you again.” Luna’s leg was so warm to Scootaloo. Soon she let go of her leg and blushed a little. “So, uh, what kinda cool stuff does a princess do anyways?”
Celestia draped a wing over Scootaloo “Follow me.” she leaned over Luna’s ear and said “Make sure Discord doesn’t do anything… uh… too chaotic”.

“Do not worry. I already sent him to Shy’s cottage. We won’t be seeing him for a while,” Luna responded.

Once in the throne room Celestia sat down in her throne and levitated Scootaloo on her lap. She then brought some papers over to herself and showed Scootaloo exactly what a princess would need to do, “You see how there’s a riot in Manehatten?” Scootaloo nods, listening carefully. “Well, these ponies have been on riot because they are getting mad about how the police ponies handle their job.” Celestia noticed Scootaloo was bored, “Uh, on second thought maybe this is something a grown pony should handle” she said smiling.

"I'm sorry I just find this very boring. Do you always do these kinda things?" she asked even though she was a little frightened.

Celestia simply smiled "Not all the time, no. Sometimes we like to have some fun. Have you ever played paintball, Scootaloo?" She asked
Scootaloo puts her small hoof on her chain thanking for a minute "No, I can't say I have," she said sadly as her ears drooped.
Celestia rubbed Scootaloo on her back "It’s ok, Scoots. I can completely understand."

“Hey, Princess. Is this all you ever do is work? Have you ever done anything well...fun” Scootaloo asked.
The princess nods “I’m afraid so. I hardly do have time for fun running a kingdom. It’s hard but we all have our responsibilities. I do know that I’ll do anything to make any filly happy, including you”.

Seeing as her efforts to make her smile failed she put Scootaloo on her back and started to tickle her as if she was her own foal. Scootaloo broke onto a fit of laughter. She then bent down and put her lip on Scootaloo's belly and performed a raspberry. Scootaloo was finally happy at last.

Once finished they headed to the paintball course and fired some paint at one another. Scootaloo even ordered some of the guards to bring her tons of ice cream. When the two were done it was Luna's turn to have the filly.

Scootaloo took a real fast bath to get all the paint off. Once she finished she put on a purple dress her size, and walked into Luna's room and looked at the night sky.

Luna dropped a wing over Scootaloo and scoots her close to her. "Enjoying yourself today, little filly?" She asked a little curious.
"Yeah, you bet. This is the best day of my life but I got a question. Why is being a princess so hard, why can't it be easy?" she asked, getting a little sleepy her eyes slowly shutting.

Smiling at Scootaloo Luna booped her nose "Well, being a princess isn't all fun and games. We grown ponies do a lot more work" she looked down and saw Prince Blueblood and she smiled evilly. “Watch this."

Using her magic she threw mud all over the Prince caursing him to shout and yell about his clothing getting messed up. Scootaloo started to laugh.

Luna put Scootaloo in her bed and laid down with her she then started to sing a lullaby "Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to lay your sleepy head. Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to go to sleep, child." Seeing that Scootaloo was asleep she kissed Scootaloo on the head "Goodnight, young foal." She went into a deep sleep herself.

Celestia let out a soft sigh. She couldn't help but smile those two looked very cute sleeping together. Closing the door she went to get some shuteye herself.

Author's Note:

I hope the ending was good and hope you liked it ^^

Comments ( 12 )

I've said it before, and I say it again...
oi61.tinypic.com/29oh6ac.jpg

I loved this story!

5145560 glad ya liked

I thought the whole point of Scoots being a princess was so that she could be loved and show her mom how much it meant to her (right in the feels)...what happened with that?...Also
5145502 AKKKUUUUU

5146063 my editor told me that it needed more I might of ignored that and submitted it anyways I am to stubburn sometimes, this is why I stick with Scootadopts mostly :scootangel:

is it okay if I make a story based on this if I give you credit for it?:pinkiesmile:

5147207 yes go ahead and do it ^^

I enjoyed the story but I noticed in a few places you switched tenses, mostly from past to present and vice versa. All in all, it was nice. :3

We will make sure she has the best day ever”

good story yes very good indeed

Login or register to comment