• Published 5th Oct 2014
  • 11,407 Views, 40 Comments

Heartwarming Moment With Fluttershy V2 - NightShader



You are Anonymous the lone human in equestria. Due to some recent events, you end up living with Fluttershy. A timid mare that will change your life forever,

  • ...
8
 40
 11,407

A Night To Remember (2nd person, Anon)

You had always known in the back of your mind that the possibility was there. That it might not all be fun and games and that life couldn't always go your way. And even so, you had always stayed optimistic, erasing bad thoughts from your mind and insisting that everything was going to be okay.

But you would have never expected that it would take only one letter to break you down. Word from Celestia had arrived... And it was not what you had hoped.

There was no turning back. Everything you had back on earth was gone now, never to be seen again. Your friends, parents, your little sister... All was lost and you didn't even get time to say goodbye. Not that you would have said goodbye anyways. You would have held on, tried to find a way to stop it all from happening. Never would you have willingly disappeared only to respawn in a world full of ponies.

But... It happened...

Yet you can't blame these ponies, they helped you after all. It wasn't even their fault to begin with.

After Twilight gave you the letter, you haven't spoken a word with anyone. You just turned around and went straight back home. Back to what you called your home now... You were happy Fluttershy wasn't here when you came back. You wouldn't want her to see you like this anyways.

If you listened closely you could hear voices from outside your room. You'd figured that Twilight would tell people that you weren't feeling all that well. But you didn't expect them all to come to the cottage.

Your thinking was interrupted by soft knocks on your door.

"A-anon, I know you're not feeling so well. But I'm still coming in," a voice that you recognized to be Fluttershy's spoke softly.

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy asks as she slowly creaked open your door and started to make her way in. "Everypony's worried about you."

It was a stupid question honestly, but you acknowledged the situation Fluttershy was in as well. Not being really the social one she probably didn't even know what to say in the first place.

"I...I guess I've been better..." Were the only things you were able to say.

Fluttershy had made her way towards the side of your bed and with a light flap of her wing, she placed herself on your bed right next to you.

"It's going to be alright," she whispers as she slowly wrapped a wing around you. Her gesture actually made your heart ache a little. The tender tone she spoke in, you take back what you thought at first. She does know what she's doing.

"Try to get some sleep okay?" She says repositioning herself, now laying directly next to you, directly behind your back. "I'm here for you, Anon."

Turning over, you reach towards her and grasp her in a hug, making her gasp in surprise.

"Thank you..." You whisper softly.

<_~~/[ ]\~~_>

The night had progressed fairly quickly and Fluttershy actually managed to fall asleep before you did. Her warm breath caressing your chest every time she exhaled. Even though you were feeling a lot better already, you still couldn't sleep. Lingering thoughts roaming through your mind, keeping you awake.

Suddenly you could feel the mare on your chest repositioning herself.

"You're still awake, Anon," Fluttershy sleepily mumbles a bit as she rubbed her eye with a hoof. "Let's go for a walk okay? It'll make you feel better."

You felt happy that she was worried about you, but on the other hand, you didn't want her to feel responsible in any way to make you feel better. Now however, you think she's right. A walk can do no harm...

You make your way out of the cottage with Fluttershy, getting caught by surprise by a cold breeze and fresh air. It wasn't unpleasantly cold, though. It was quite refreshing actually.

As you and Fluttershy start trotting of towards the apple orchards, Fluttershy is the first one to speak up.

"It's really nice outside tonight, don't you think?"

You hadn't actually payed attention to your surroundings from the moment you left, and now for the first time, you look up to the sky towards the stars and the moon. She was right, it was truly astonishing. The colors, the stars, but especially the moon seemed more present and bigger than usual. It felt very anti-climatic in your mind, as today wasn't really the best. It was still something to cherish nonetheless.

Your thoughts started to wander off a bit as you slowly start spacing out. Fluttershy seemingly noticing this, interrupts your thoughts.

"Hey, Anon," Fluttershy suddenly calls out your name out of the blue. " Tag, you're it!" She says tapping you on the head as she starts running towards the apple trees now only a few steps away.

Oh no you don't. You think by yourself as you commence the pursuit, following Fluttershy as she (surprisingly, with huge amounts of agility) dashed between trees along the way.

It didn't take long though before you caught up to her as she wasn't really a speed devil, but even so, it took you a while.

As she was right within your grasp you ready yourself for the catch. Equestria had other plans for you though, as a twig seemingly brings you off balance, turning your simple snatch into somewhat more of a murder leap. You did manage to catch her nonetheless as you both roll over a few times, still landing surprisingly soft as you both laugh a bit at the sillyness of the situation.

Only then is it that you both notice in what kind of situation you are in, as you once again lie in the same position as you did minutes ago in bed. With Fluttershy lying on top of your chest. Instead of getting off of you though, she rests her head on your chest. As the forces of nature compelled you to put your arms around her, she lets out a small hum in delight.

"Anon..." Fluttershy speaks up again. "If Celestia's letter would have been positive. Would you have left if I asked you not to?"

What?

Clearly seeing the confusion in your eyes, she rephrases her question.

"Would you have gone home. If I told you not to... If I told you to stay with me..." She says hiding her head partially in your chest.

You didn't know what to answer. It's true that you wouldn't have wanted to be here in the first place. And it's true that hearing that you had no way to return and that you would never see your family and friends ever again had devastated you. But if Fluttershy had asked you to stay... You don't know.

Maybe I would have tried to explain her the situation. Maybe I would have promised I'd come back. Maybe...maybe...

"I-I don't know, Flutters," You respond being catched by surprise and not really knowing what to say. This wasn't enough of an answer for her as she just lied there, motionless.

"What I do know is that you mean the world to me, and I'm here now. And I'm not going anywhere without you," You say softly cupping her cheek with your hand.

You swore that even though it was dark outside, you saw her whole face go red before she buried her face in your chest, a few muffled squeakes the only sound she was making.

"Meany... You shouldn't play around with a mares feelings..." She spoke softly, as she pressed a bit harder into your chest.

"This is your fault," In one swift movement she repositions herself, pausing only inches away from your face, before connecting her lips with yours. The warmth of her lips flowed through your body, as you could feel her pressing herself closer to you. Jolts of electricity sending shivers through your spine. Your brain stopped functioning for the moment.

After a few seconds Fluttershy parts the kiss, once again beet red as she shyly looked the other way.

"S-sorry," she muttered softly as she was starting to get off you.

Your still not functioning brained rendered useless, instincts kick in as you stop her by grasping her by her waist and pulling her close once again. You were the one to initiate the kiss this time, startling Fluttershy for a split second before she returned the kiss as well.

"I'd be a crazy man if I still wanted to leave now," You say after you both part once again, provoking a few giggles from Fluttershy.

"You better keep your promise, Anon. " She responds as she wrapped her wings around you, in some kind of hug. After making herself comfortable she slowly closed her eyes and started nuzzling in to your neck.

You couldn't do anything but nod in response, as you eyed the mare. Internally slapping yourself for not noticing how beautiful she was earlier.

It doesn't matter though as there is only one thought that still flowed through your mind.

Yay.

THE END?!?!

(Not really, no.)

Comments ( 34 )

Glad to see your still righting cant wait

You've made a lot of fans super happy now that they know you are still writing

Comment posted by Stick81 deleted Oct 27th, 2014

Here's the thing. The story, I found to be pretty heart-warming and had good character development for anon. However, not the same could be said for Fluttershy. Her behavior, namely in the second chapter when Anon and her were laying down together seemed...off.

Also. Your grammar, namely your past-present tense, capitalization, and sentence structure does need some work. But, overall, a nice story.

+The couple is cute, and you can feel the heart warming.
+The twinge of heart wrench came when you found out what Celestia had replied (but was gone when you learn the result.)
+Anon does act like a sensible human, though I would have imagined him more uneasy in the beginning.

-Grammar does need some work. Not too big of an issue.
-Fluttershy's behavior is a bit off, but in all honesty, she's a little hard to get, despite having one of the simplest personalities.

Rating: 7 Anon cuddling Fluttershys out of 10

A minor typo I noticed:

Clearly seeing the confusion in your eyes, she refrases her question.

That should be "rephrases".
That, and you didn't capitalize "Twilight" early on.
Besides that, this was good, though I just realized there was a prologue, so I'll get to that later.

5101062

Thx mate, fixed it :rainbowkiss:

5100390

2480 words and still counting, my son. I might finish it today or tomorrow:raritywink:

5101103 can't wait.

ya cuteness overload! love these serious. the V2 much much better.

Aww. This is adorable. I really liked the first HWM Fluttershy story you did but this one is even better. I loved how the characters were more fleshed out and how you told the story from the viewpoints of both parties involved. Definitely made for more interesting reading. I look forward to the Epilogue and any other HWM stories you choose to do. Love this.

Cool man I think you should do a version 2 of the heartwarming saga.
Also man you a dam good writer.

I would like to see Heartwarming moment with Princess Luna :derpytongue2:

The cuteness is too strong!

I always love it when you release a new update for the heartwarming series, just so damn adorable. :yay:

Exactly what it says on the tin. Cute and heartwarming, exactly what I like to read before going to bed. The pacing felt a little off, but it was too cute for that to be a problem. Also, it's so damn rare to see a perfectly in character Fluttershy in AiE stories...

Well, I guess I'm off to read the Lyra one now.

5127836

Glad you're enjoying my stories :twilightsmile:

THIS IS GREAT EVEN MUCH BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE :yay:

Sir once again this was a splendid story I fully enjoyed it amazing description it practically flowed through my mind like a movie you done well nightshader and good to have you back my friend

5128006 oh and if I may ask nightshader could you possibly do a trixie heartwarming moment please I'm quite curious as to what you could write about her

My heart is so full of awww right now!!!:heart:

whats the v2 about a sequela or new story with the same bases





stay classy:moustache:

5426090
I'ts a different story completely.

aaawww





stay classy:moustache:

Very cute man very cute. :heart:

woah...........................................................................................................................................well.......that escalated quickly! :rainbowlaugh:

Kudos. This was great and well written.

Cute. Well written. Heartwarming. Although you did sort of contradict yourself about how long it took for Anon to catch Fluttershy.

8/10 Vodkas :moustache:

So adorable!

Easily one of your beter written ones! Good job :twilightsmile:

Even cuter then the first aww

Login or register to comment