• Published 5th Oct 2014
  • 6,120 Views, 24 Comments

Dark Days - That One Guy In The Back



After a particularly bad day, Twilight does something that causes a rift between her and Spike.

  • ...
76
 24
 6,120

The Darkest Of All

“Spike, can you come here for a moment!”

A certain purple dragon’s ears perked up when he heard his name being called. Spike was in his room, reading the newest edition if the Power Ponies comics. Wondering what he was needed for, Spike put down the comic and hopped off his bed. He walked to his door, where he stuck his head through and saw his friend, Twilight Sparkle, back at him.

“Uh...hey Twi?”

Spike was surprised to see that Twilight was wearing a scowl and holding a torn up book in her hooves.

“What is this?” she asked, holding up the book.

“A book.” Spike replied hesitantly.

“Yes, Spike. It is a book. What I want to know is what happened to it!” As she said this, Twilight slammed a hoof on the floor, causing Spike to jump.

“I don’t know! I’ve never seen that book before, I swear.”

“Of course you haven’t. I just got it.”

“Then why are you yelling at me!”

“Because I ordered a new and undamaged book and this is what I get!” Twilight huffed, throwing the book on the floor. “And they have the nerve to send...this!”

“Okay...” Spike said uncertainly. “And this involves me how?”

“Why does everything have to be about you, Spike!?”

Twilight’s outburst once again frightened Spike, causing him to fall down. As he he hit floor, the impact caused a burst of flames to leave Spike’s mouth. The stream of fire flew past Twilight, barely grazing her mane. The two looked at each other in silence, as they both noticed the burnt hairs in Twilight’s mane.

“Oh wow, Twi. I’m sorr...”

Before Spike could finnish he felt himself being levitated into the air. The startled dragon looked at Twilight and was shocked to see her face had on an expression of pure anger. He was even more surprised when she used her magic to slam him back down onto the floor. Spike swore he heard something crack, as a huge pain shot through his arm.

“Ow!” Spike cried. “Twi, my arm! I think it’s broken.”

“Don’t care!” She replied, rather harshly.

Again, Twilight lifted the poor dragon into the air and slammed him back down. She repeated this process again and again until Spike was in tears.

“Twilight!” he wailed. “Please stop!”

Instead of answering him, Twilight used her magic to summon some rope. In a flash, the rope appeared before them and she began to tie Spike up with it.

“Twi, what are you doing!?”

“Something I should have done long ago!”

She continued to rap the rope around her assistant’s body until he was completely surrounded. She used her magic to pull on the rope and strain it, making Spike yelp in pain. Eventually, she tied a knot and grabbed more rope. This time, she wrapped it around Spike’s mouth. He tried to protest, but his words were muffled by his tied up mouth. Once she was done, Twilight stepped back and looked down at her work.

“Okay, Spike. I don’t hate you. You’re my best friend, my assistant, and I see you as a brother.” She paused to watch Spike’s confused expression. “However, I am having a very bad day. Even though I love you, I have to do this.”

Spike shuddered at Twilight’s cold tone, but he quickly stopped as he felt Twilight lifting him up into the air again. He braced for another impact, but this time it never came. Instead, she floated him over to a nearby closet where she roughly threw him in.

“Don’t worry, Spike,” Twilight said as she began to close the closet door. “I’ll be back in a couple of days.”


2 Days Later

Spike had never known pain like this. After Twilight had beaten him senseless, he was sure at least some of ribs were broken and his arm felt like the bone was completely shattered. On top of that, he was starving. Being tied up in a closet for two days, Spike had not had a chance to eat or drink.

However, worse than all this was the pain he was feeling in his heart. He couldn’t believe how Twilight had treated him. She said he was like a brother to her, but if that was true, why did she do this to him. Spike began to cry again as he thought about Twilight’s outburst.

“How could she do this to me?” he thought. “I thought she loved me!”

Suddenly, he was blinded by light as the closet door opened. Squinting his eyes, Spike could see a purple figure standing in the doorway. Once his eyes got adjusted, he could see it was Twilight. Unlike the last time Spike saw her, Twilight’s face was one of pure dread. He felt the rope around his body and mouth and loosen until they dropped to his sides. Spike looked up at Twilight with wide eyes as she began to tear up.

“Spike, I..I..I’m sorr...”

This time cutting her off, Spike quickly hopped up and ran past her. Immediately, he felt a new wave of pain hit his body, but he worked through it and kept on running. Spike kept on running and running and running. He ran until he was out of the castle. He ran until he was out of the city limits. Spike kept on running until he was in the Everfree forrest. Eventually, Spike couldn’t run anymore and collapsed into a heap.

“S...so tired,” he whispered, before passing out from the extreme amount of pain he was feeling.


“Spike! Spike!”

Twilight was absolutely hysterical. Ever since Spike ran off, she hadn’t stopped looking for him. She needed to. After all, this was her fault. Twilight winced as she replayed the past three days again in her head. Twilight remembered having an absolutely awful day, then taking it out on her best friend. Then she recalled ignoring the pained cried coming from the closet she new Spike was suffering in.

“How could I do this to him?” she thought. “I’m supposed to be his older sister!”

Suddenly, Twilight heard a loud yell coming from not to far away. She grew up with Spike, so she obliviously recognized the sound of him yelling. And right now, she was sure that scream had come from him.

“Spike!” Twilight called. “Please hold on! I’m coming!”

Immediately, she took off flying in the direction she heard him yell. After a seemingly endless amount of time, Twilight flew into a wide open clearing in the forrest. She touched down and was horrified by what she saw. Near her, not even ten feet away, was Spike, face down and bloody. She rushed over to him and inspected the young dragon’s body. He was covered in deep cuts and bruises, plus many of his scales were shredded or ripped off.

“What happened?” she frantically thought. “What could have done this?”

“Timberwolves,” Spike said weakly, seemingly reading Twilight’s mind. “I passed out a while ago. When I woke up, they were ripping me to pieces.” Spike began to cry as Twilight lifted him into her forelegs. “Twi?”

“Yes, Spike?”

“I’m so sorry.”

“No, Spike. You didn’t do anything but get abused by me. I don’t know what happened. I was just so frustrated and I...” Twilight stopped as Spike put a finger to her lips.

“Shhh. It’s okay. I forgive you.”

“B...but why?” Twilight cried. “How can you even talk to me now?”

“I still love you. Always have, always will.”

“Oh, Spike.”

The two embraced each other tightly, listening to each other’s heartbeats. That is, until Spike’s heart stopped.

“Spike! Spike! Please, no!” Twilight wept as she shook the limp body of her brother. “This all my fault!” All Twilight could do was cuddle with her dead assistant, crying into his shoulder in the dark of the forrest.

Comments ( 24 )
Comment posted by The Delirium deleted Oct 5th, 2014

Nice job! :twilight smile: few grammatical errors here and there, but i like it!

Now that was dark and sad.

Sad and short:raritydespair::raritycry::fluttercry::twilightangry2:... still good though.:pinkiehappy:

You know, although I am a huge Spike fan, I don't know why, but for some reason, I've wanted to read a fanfic about true abuse shown by Twilight toward Spike. :fluttershysad: That is awful for me to say I know, but I say that, because I wanted to see or read how Twilight would react to her actions toward the one who supposed to be her best friend and little brother/son. :fluttercry: It was sad, yet real good at the same time.

Im sorry, but the cover image just made me have to look.

Fear her! Fear Twilight Sparkle and her tiny, mutant leg!

5098623 I think you wan't to see the aftermath.

Meh........It was actually pretty boring. Well at the end there anyways, it was good in the middle part and then it turned south. :facehoof:

Really? Forgiving her after that?
5098623 There's plenty of fics under that category. I think it was called "Spike tells ponies off" or something like that.

Whhhhaaaaaat?!!!!!! Whaaatt?!!!!!

:rainbowhuh: We wish it was longer but still this was so sad:fluttercry: :raritycry:

Comment posted by Solar Pony deleted Jun 8th, 2016

he should rip her heart of with his claws

5098281
I Agree. Twilight is way, way OOC in this story. While it is certainly possible that she would lash out at him in a moment of anger, it would evaporate the moment she realized that she hurt him. That she not only continues to hurt him but also takes the time to bind him in rope suggests deep-seated malice on her part, as does the fact that she left him in the closet for two days (Loooong after any real frustration and anger would have abated) before suddenly growing a conscience for no adequately explained reason. Now, if she was under the influence of dark magic and was only recently cleansed of it then her behavior would make sense; but you don't imply anything like that so she has no excuse.

I'm sorry, but this story gets a downvote from me.:applejackunsure:

I saw the intro and thought this would turn out way different than it did. It was bad. Spike and Twilight were so OOC that if it weren't for their names, I wouldn't know where this story came from.:ajsleepy:

Sorry If I sound mean; I am not trying to be, Its just that I was disappointed. Maybe next time:duck:

This story would work better as a parody as the Twilight in this story is completely OOC and over-the-top. Roughly abuse her oldest and (subjectively) closest friend because... she got sent a damaged book. Makes sense how Twilight earned her wings and title.

I'd tag this story: Random, Alternate Universe, Dark, Gore. Not really sad as this story makes little sense in general.

Grammar and spelling was alright, though.

Twilight take that book of yours and go burn in hell :flutterrage::twilightangry2:
and what is she going to tell the princesses and her friends :fluttershysad:

este fic no tiene mucho sentido que digamos, me parece una razón muy estúpido para darle ese tipo de "castigo"... si hubieras agregado mas acciones "accidentales" por parte del dragón, creo que funcionaria mejor... pero no estuvo mal para tu primer fic...
this fic doesn't make much sense, it seems to me a very stupid reason to give him that kind of "punishment"... if you had added more "accidental" actions by the dragon, I think it would work better... but it wasn't bad for your first fic...

Login or register to comment