• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 619 Views, 8 Comments

Creature Catchers - TheFanficFanPony



The CMC are Creature Catchers!

  • ...
4
 8
 619

Chapter 1

Brrring! An alarm clock stung the Crusaders' ears as they opened their eyes. They tried to find out where they are, when they realized they weren't ponies anymore.

"Aaaaaaaaa!!!!!!" the girls screamed, looking themselves over. Scootaloo looked at her hands. Sweetie placed a hand on her forehead, surprised to find herself hornless. Apple Bloom looked down at her blue jeans and light yellow t shirt. Sweetie Belle was wearing a white dress with a lavender ribbon around the waist. Scootaloo had on cargo pant-shorts and an orange t shirt. They wondered why they had normal clothes on even though they seemed to be asleep.

"Girls! The sleepover is over, time to go get your pokemon!" a voice called out. A familiar voice, in fact.

"Huh?" Apple Bloom said, trying to trot down the stairs, but thumping her way down, along with Sweetie and Scoots.

"How can you be so clumsy, little sis?" a purple haired girl said, looking down at the girls. She was wearing a chic white dress, and she had on purple high heels.

"Rarity?" Sweetie Belle said ditzily, standing up as this version of Rarity was. Scoots and Apple followed suit.

"Come on, you need to get to the lab ASAP!" Rarity chided.

The girls tried walking to the door, and they caught on surprisingly fast.

They walked with Rarity to a small lab nearby, and the girls stared in awe at all the big machines.

"Hello, girls! I see you've come!" an older voice said. "Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo!"

They turned to see an older man with a lab coat and a clipboard.

"Hello, Professor Oak!" Rarity greeted him.

"Hello, Rarity! It's been a long time since I've seen you! How is your little Eevee doing?" he asked, leading them over to a machine with three spheres in it.

"She evolved into a Glaceon!" Rarity smiled.

"Amazing! Now girls, come here." Professor Oak motioned to the Crusaders.

"What are these thingys?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Oh Sweetie Belle, you know what they are! They're pokeballs!" Rarity smiled.

"Pokey-Balls!" Scootaloo laughed to her self.

"Now, Scootaloo, don't be immature!" Rarity chided.

"Now, every one in Pallet Town gets their first Pokemon on their tenth birthday. You are able to choose from these three." Oak explained. "Diamond Tiara!"

"Yes, Gramps?" this world's version of Diamond Tiara ran up to the Professor.

"You got your Pokemon yesterday, and you'll set out at the same time as these three." Oak told his granddaughter. "Can you help me give these girls their starters?"

"Ugh! Why couldn't I have gone yesterday!" Diamond complained.

"Your birthday is today, and I let you get yours a day early so I have enough for these three." Oak explained. "Also, I let you get a special Pokemon, not a starter."

"Ugh, fine." Dia complained.

She threw one of the pokeballs at the ground, and it let off a bright glow.

A blue, turtle like creature appeared. It had a curly tail and it smiled at the crusaders.

"This is a Squirtle. It is a water type Pokemon that will soon evolve into Blastoise." Oak said.

The Squirtle jumped up in the air, shooting a blast of water at a nearby plant.

"Next is Bulbasaur!" Oak said, and Dia threw another one of the pokeballs.

A green creature popped out. It had a bulb on its back, and it looked a little like a turtle too. Vines came out of the bulb and whipped the plant.

"And finally, Charmander!" Oak said. The creature was a lizard like red thing with a little flame on its tail.

A flame came out of its mouth as it blasted the small plant, which was becoming pulverized.

"So, which one do you choose?" Oak asked. The three Pokemon lined up, and they looked up hopefully at the Crusaders.

"I choose... Charmander! He looks so cool!" Scootaloo cried happily, pumping a fist in the air. She thought that it looked the toughest, and she figured that if you had a tough guy, you were the coolest.

"I want Squirtle!" Sweetie Belle cooed, picking it up and smiling.

"I don't mind. I wanted Bulbasaur from the start anyway." Apple Bloom shrugged. "Hi, little guy!"

"Now, do you know of the eight gyms?" Oak asked the girls.

"No, but they sound AWESOME!!" Scootaloo cheered, and her Charmander let out a happy cry.

"Let me explain." Rarity said, gesturing to a small case in her purple bag. She opened it up to reveal eight shiny badges, each in the shape of a different symbol.

"There are many gyms scattered around Kanto." Rarity explained. "You battle with Pokemon, as everyone does, and the Gym Leaders are some of the best battlers in the world, other than the Elite Four and Champion of course."

"Okay!" Apple Bloom smiled. "Now how do I use this here pokeball!"

Rarity demonstrated. She sent our her Glaceon. It was a light blue creature with a dog like look to it. Then she called it back, and the Crusaders oohed.

"And here are your Pokedexes! They record all the Pokemon you've seen, and you should try to fill them up!" Oak said, giving three devices to the girls.

"So we should get goin'! But Rarity, where should we go first?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Follow Route One. That should lead you to Pewter City!" Rarity smiled.

The Crusaders walked out of the lab, and started walking down Route One.

"Well, didn't Rarity say that we're supposed to catch these creatures?" Sweetie asked the others, a gleam in her eye.

"Yeah!" Scootaloo smiled, catching on. She had heard this before.

"We could be.... Creature Catchers again!" Sweetie Belle smiled.

"Yeah!" Scootaloo and Apple Bloom shouted.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders Creature Catchers!" the girls shouted, and took their first step into the world of Pokemon.

Comments ( 5 )

This is both adorable and terrifying since the CMC will be making lots of friends... But some of those friends have lots of destructive potential to combine with the usual CMC antics.

I can tell you right away, the prologue's not really necessary if you have it that short. You can open the story with them waking up in the new world and then discussing how they got there when they have some time alone.

"Quick, girls! What was the last thing you remember happening before we woke up like this?"
"Wasn't I trying out a new spell?"

And so on, then continue with the story as normal.

This story is my dream come true.

This is awesome! But I only have a few concerns. (Not that I'm any better)

Instead of saying two words twice, think of a similar word.

Example:

"Okay you two, quiet down!" Cheerlie shushed.

Applebloom sighed, "But Cheerlie-"

"Shh!" Cheerlie quelled again.

Login or register to comment