• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 6,724 Views, 144 Comments

Obligatory Post-Wedding SoarinDash Ship - Cygnus



Soarin and Dash hang out after the wedding reception. Shipping ensues XD.

  • ...
14
 144
 6,724

Roulette Dares

Dash was flying on her own now, her blue wings beating the air along with Soarin's. They descended to Canterlot Castle together and entered through a window in one of the towers. Dash began to trot towards her room before whirling around and shooting Soarin an accusatory glance.

"Wait... how the hay did you know I was staying here?" Rainbow Dash pointed towards the decorated door to the room she'd be given by Celestia.

Soarin cocked his head at the door before laughing to himself.

"What? What's so funny?" Dash was concerned, confused, and maybe even a little creeped out. There was no harm in the playful flirting they'd partaken in during their previous encounters, but stalking?...

"I... I didn't know you were staying here. I was taking you to my room; right here," Soarin inserted a key into the door directly across the hall and opened it.

Dash's face turned red. She had been staying right across the hall from him for the past two nights, and hadn't realized it. She was about to apologize, until she realized that Soarin himself hadn't realized this either. At least, as far as she knew.

She was so consumed in her own thoughts that she hadn't noticed that Soarin's room was much more impressive than hers. And larger. The Wonderbolt himself had disappeared into the marble covered suite, but upon noticing Dash hadn't followed him, he called out:

"Dash? Where are you? You gotta check out these digs."

She followed his voice. Her room wasn't modest by any means, but it paled in comparison to Soarin's. Marble statues of alicorns adorned the main room, a large hot tub with a TV above it, and a full kitchen. Through a short hallway, she saw the bedroom, adorned with a massive cloud bed. it was unlike any cloudbed she had every seen, and it certainly wasn't woven with the cumulus strands made up her Ponyville bed. Her body yearned to curl up on it and catch some much needed rest, but she wasn't naive; she knew the implications of following a colt home for drinks and immediately hopping into his bed, especially when her own was right across the hall. Her attention shifted to Soarin as she heard him closing one of the cabinets. He held two tumblers in one hoof and a bottle of Commander Hurricane's Hard Cider in the other. He poured a small glass for Dash, and then a much larger one for himself. Dash might've protested, but upon further inspection, she realized her glass wasn't that small. Rather, Soarin's was really big. She followed him to the stools in the kitchen, and together, they gazed at the lights of Canterlot below through a large glass window.

More like a wall than a window... Dash thought to herself. She took a sip of the cider and was pleasantly surprised. She was used to Applejack's cider, which was stronger but less refined. She began to understand why Soarin poured himself so much. Not that the cider was bad, it wasn't. It was actually very good, and it had clearly been distilled several times over, unlike Applejacks.

Dash realized that for what seemed like the first time all night, Soarin hadn't interrupted her thoughts with a witty comment or inquiry. He was just quietly sitting at his bar, sipping his drink, looking down at Canterlot. She searched for anything "cool" to say to break the silence, but her words failed to adequately represent her emotions.

"It's pretty."

Dash and Soarin had obviously had quite a moment during their trans-Can flight, and she didn't want to lose the growing chemistry the two of them had. Frankly, she wasn't sure if she was ready to sleep with him just yet, but she certainly wanted to be around him. She'd never been alone with Soarin like this before, and the mutual attraction was quickly spreading to lust in Dash's mind.

"Yeah... I guess," Soarin began, his tone less enthusiastic than his initial post-Rainboom greeting. "I kinda feel like we as pegasi have become jaded. We're so used to being up so high while flying that it makes views like this a little less special."

Dash was a little taken aback by Soarin's profound remark. Not that she thought he was stupid but... well, 'deep' was not the first attribute that came to her head. He just always seemed kinda goofy, prioritizing silly things like pie and mares. However, the hour or two she'd spent with him highlighted a different side of his personality; she would almost have considered him 'aloof' had he not been so friendly and forthcoming initially. Now however, outside the public eye, he was acting... 'cool', yet distant at the same time,

Dash silently scolded herself for her assumptions. Soarin may be goofy, but he's the most talented flyer in the group of Equestria's most talented flyers. The cream of the crop; the best of the best. If he has time to put on those shows and goof off at the same time, he's obviously doing something right, and it's not her place to criticize him; even if it was only in her head.

Soarin noticed Dash's internal conversation and turned to her as he refilled his glass with a smaller amount of cider.

"Hey Dash... Is there something wrong?" Soarin seemed genuinely concerned; he really was acting in strong contrast with his publically perceived personality. Dash considered that she might not have even noticed this fundamental personality change were it not for the fact that she'd been following Soarin's career since before he was even a prospect; a fact she did not plan on telling Soarin. At least, not yet. Realizing that Soarin's question still hung in the air unanswered, she shook her head and addressed the Wonderbolt.

"...no. No, nothing is wrong."

Usually when a pony says something like that, it's bullshit. She knew it and she knew Soarin knew it. However, the more Dash thought about it, the more she realized there really was nothing wrong. She resigned that she owed Soarin an explanation for her behavior, but before she was able to speak, Soarin cut the silence while simultaneously stretching the tension even further.

"Dash should I not have... kissed you? Y'know... earlier?"

Dash didn't want Soarin to think he'd done something wrong. She was just... apprehensive? Nervous?

Excited?

Realizing that she'd left Soarin hanging yet again, she tried to assuage the uneasiness she began to detect in his words.

"No no, not... not at all."

Soarin's already pale blue complexion appeared even paler as he spoke in a loud whisper:

"Do y-, do you have a colt friend or... something?"

Dash was confused for a moment before she realized Soarin's mistake. For what seemed like the first time since her Rainboom, she found the words she sought immediately:

"No, no, no! I mean't it like: 'no, you kissing me was fine'!"

Soarin looked relieved for a moment, but concern quickly washed over his face yet again. Fortunately, it was quickly replaced with a smile. He was almost giggling as he spoke.

"Well then what the hay is the problem Dash?"

This time, Dash was the one who made the move. She'd noticed their stools getting closer together with every glass of cider, and she finally threw herself into Soarin's arms and locked eyes with him.

They kissed again, softly at first, until Dash turned up the heat. She leaned into the kiss so intensely that Soarin's stool began to tip over. She looked down at her partner and saw his eyes widen as the stool shifted from four legs, to two. Acting on pure reflexes, Soarin flapped his wings (which had been slowly unfolding and rising as the night progressed) with a tremendous force. Rainbow Dash heard an audible 'crack', and the propulsion from his wings caused the stool to right itself. Unfortunately, Soarin hadn't considered the extra weight of Dash in his lap, and the two of them went hurtling in the opposite direction.

Dash shut her eyes and braced for impact, but it never arrived. She opened her eyes to find herself cradled in Soarin's wings, looking up at the Wonderbolt who was now on top of her. Soarin initially appeared horrified, but upon seeing that his friend was unharmed, his mouth broke out into his trademark goofy grin as he began to speak.

"I uh, I guess I overdid it."

Dash was momentarily stunned. Soarin really was an amazing pony. Regaining her composure, she beamed at Soarin, the same way he had beamed at her after her Sonic Rainboom.

"Soarin, that was... that was... you were..."

Soarin was relieved that she was unharmed, but before she could finish her complimentary statement, he place his hoof over her mouth.

"Shhhh..."

Dash stopped and the two stared at each other for a brief moment that seemed like a lifetime. As he gently released her from the cradle of his wings, Soarin continued to gently kiss her every few seconds as he laid her on the floor. Dash began to speak between the increasingly passionate kisses.


"Hey... Soar... mmmm... So-Soarin..."

Soarin's casual reply was barely audible amidst his furious kisses.

"Yep?"

Dash hesitated for a brief moment. Fortunately for her, the couple's toungeplay allowed her to fully commit to the circumstances before her voice said the words that her body had been craving since she walked into the apartment. No, since she'd first ran her eyes over Soarin's cutie-marked flank.

"Why don't we get into your bed?"

The now rapid fire assault of Soarin's kisses ceased and he looked down at the blue mare he was on top of. She was smiling, he couldn't detect any apprehension in her at all. His previously limp wings shot upright as the meaning of Dash's words washed over him. He leaned in close and nibbled on her ear for a second before whispering his response into Dash's ear:

"Us Wonderbolts... We're used to getting whatever we want, when we want it.

Dash got a slightly annoyed at Soarin's perceived misunderstanding of her offer. She whispered back;

"I... know. That's why I said, 'Why don't we go into your bedroom?'"

Soarin had another smile on his face, though this time it appeared more amused than goofy. He continued to whisper into the mare's ear.

"...let me be more clear; we're not getting in bed is because Wonderbolts tend to get whatever they want, whenever they want it..."

Dash's look of annoyance became one of sheer confusion. She tried to decipher what Soarin was talking about; she knew what he wanted, and she wanted it too! However, she didn't have much time to ponder his meaning, because Soarin made it very clear with the conclusion of his sentence.

"...you know what I want, and I want it right now!"

As Dash's eyes widened with understanding, Soarin resumed his furious exploration of her mouth. He pulled the ponytail out of Rainbow Dash's uncharacteristically styled mane as she began to undo his tie.

END OF CH2