• Published 3rd Oct 2014
  • 6,923 Views, 366 Comments

A shadow of what I once was. - FaelaArts



Twilight get's caught in a blizzard, and finds Sombra, broken and unconscious.

  • ...
7
 366
 6,923

PreviousChapters Next
Or so I thought.

There was a soft pop, and Twilight appeared. Behind her was a small brown unicorn, looking at them nervously. Twilight hugged her friends and smiled, it was good to be home. Especially after the conversation with Celestia and Luna. It had started out fine, but when they asked what she needed time to think about before, she had had to lie to them. Guilt shuddered through her body, ruining the moment as she remembered the exact sentence.

’I just needed time to separate the two Sombra’s. I consider him my friend so it was difficult to hear.’ They had believed her, and she shook the thoughts out of her head, noticing Sombra’s gaze. While she firmly believed they should know the truth, it wasn’t her secret to share. Sombra would tell them, eventually. At least, that was what she hoped.

“This is Fleetfoot, he’s a Changeling.” Twilight stepped away from her friends, and brought herself in front of Fleetfoot as he shook under the ice cold gaze from Sombra. After a moment, Sombra closed his eyes, bowing his head in recognition. Once they opened, they were completely stoic, devoid of emotion.

“Hello,” he spoke softly, “I have a message from Chrysalis for Sombra. That is, if you are interested in hearing it.” Fleetfoot shivered as Sombra stepped forward, splitting Twilight’s friends into two groups as he passed. Standing before the changeling, he nodded. Gulping, Fleetfoot turned into a smaller version of Chrysalis.

“I wish to apologise for my ancestor’s actions. I know my words are a poor substitute, but I ask you not to hold her actions against us.” Finished, the changeling turned back into Fleetfoot, and looked to Twilight. Twilight waited as Sombra stood there, and then turned his attention to her.

“Fleetfoot, you are free to stay in the castle, but try to find your own place to live soon. The earlier you get integrated, the better.” Twilight turned her attention to the changeling, who nodded, and went to find a room. Breathing out, she turned to her friends and smiled. They seemed a lot more comfortable around Sombra, the time had done them well.

“I don’t know about you but I am bushed,” she yawned, and the others copied the action. Waving her friends goodbye, Twilight followed Sombra back into the castle, and paused at her door. Spike passed her, entering it and plopping onto his bed.

“Goodnight Sombra, try to get some sleep.” Twilight smiled in sympathy as Sombra turned and headed for his room. Closing her door, she slipped into her bed, and into wonderful dreams.

Sombra walked over to the kitchen and pulled out the box of tea leaves, looking at it for a moment. Sighing, he closed his eyes, and began making the tea, taking the cup in his magic and giving it a sip. It was a nice change of pace, and it was soon finished. Sombra turned toward his desk, and placed the new papers he had written onto it, placing them in a messy pile. Turning, he stifled a yawn, and turned toward the bed. Slowly, he slipped into it, turned on his side, and closed his eyes.

“Come on slowpony, thou run as fast as crystal grows!” Luna laughed as Sombra growled, and his horn lit up, and crystal began to grow under him, forming a slide that shattered behind him. Luna took to the air as they raced across the grassland, heading toward the empire.

“It was never in doubt I would win,” he spoke, standing with his chest out as Luna gasped on the ground. Glaring at him, she tripped him with her magic, watching as his eyes widened and his cape tangled around him. Both began to laugh openly. and stand back up. Turning, they headed into the city.

“I wish my sister had more time to come here, I miss hanging out with you.” Luna smiled at the civilians as they passed. Sombra chuckled, and leaned into Luna both enjoying the company.

No.

“Soon I too will be tied up in the tape of a leader, but I will try my hardest to make time for you. My Moon." Sombra paused, entering a side street. Luna tilted her head, but smiled as Sombra rolled his eyes, and gestured for her to follow.

Oh god, please no.

“Where are we going?” Luna watched as Sombra held a hoof over his mouth and shushed her, coming toward a local park. As they emerged, a large group of children could be seen playing. However, she was quick to notice the one pony who was larger, laughing merrily as she played with the children.

Let me go, no please!

“Crystal,” he shouted over the clearing, and the pony raised her head. Smiling, he felt his heart melt, and she strolled over, a sassy swing to her step as she raise an eyebrow.

No! Let me out, please I’ll do anything!

“Well well my Prince, bring your marefriend along?” Crystal winked, and Luna quickly opened her mouth to disperse such rumors. However she was cut off as Sombra chuckled, and stepped to Crystal's side, their tails curling together.

No...Please

“My dear, are you jealous I find more mares than you do colts?” Sombra smirked and they both nuzzled for a moment, chuckling good naturedly. Turning to Luna, Sombra smiled, a smile so warm and welcoming Luna felt a slight pang of jealousy, knowing she would never be the cause of such a smile. Luna discarded it quickly though, she had no romantic interest in Sombra.

LET ME OUT!

“This is Crystal Heart, we are to be wed within the year. She cares for the local orphans, and I give her my allowance to help feed them.” Sombra smiled warmly at Crystal, and both leaned toward the other.

AAAAAAARRRGH!"


Twilight jerked awake and ran into Sombra’s room as she heard the cry in the middle of the night. Blinking, her brain quickly absorbed the situation in front of her. Sombra was huddled on the bed, face covered by his hooves as he shook occasionally. Her ear flickered, it sounded like sobbing. Taking a step, her hoof clicked and he jumped, raising his head to glare at her.

LEAVE ME ALONE!” As Sombra spoke, Twilight found herself indented into the hallway as the door was slammed, nearly shattering under the force. As it was, there was a large crack going through it. Twilight stared at the door for a moment, remembering Sombra’s eyes, ears flopping down as she realised just how bad some nightmares could get.

Stepping back into her room, she settled into her bed, staring into the distance until dawn rose.

PreviousChapters Next