• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 596 Views, 34 Comments

The coming of the Shade - Salizar65



500 years after the sisters Celestia and luna steped down from their reign a new Alicorn has decided to make his excistance know to equestria.

  • ...
20
 34
 596

Differences and similarities

“I fear Twilight is not strong enough to handle her kind of power as of yet. Seeing as my alter ego has almost 15 hundred years of experience on her and the fact I know how to control her magic and none of you do. I think it’d be wise to let me have control. I would also ask that the Princess place me within a barrier so that when I she comes out she can’t run off. That is if you want to meet her? I will leave it up to you all to decide. Oh by the way Rarity I think you would like her, she is very much like you in a small way.”

I move off to the side as they all look from one to another no pony wanting to speak first until Luna steps forward.

“We for one want to see this female alter ego of his. we accept his terms for us to do so. we have delved his mind and seen his actions first hand. There is no threat for us to abide to his terms.”

“I can’t believe I’m saying this but I agree with Luna on this one. He can’t be bad from what I have seen of em. And I have not sensed a single lie come from em thus far. On top of that I’ve never seen a stallion turn into a mare. So this ought to be fun.” Apple Jack walks over to stand beside Luna.

“If Apple Jack is up for it then so am I. This is going to but fun, besides nothing has happened around here in ages. I need some excitement, and if she gets out of hand well it would give me a chance to kick her but.” Rainbow Dash doesn’t even wait to finish talking before she flies over next to the other two.

“Well I hate to admit but if both Apple Jack and Rainbow are ok with it and with Luna being the first to step forward, then I guess I’ll go along with it even if it does mean I have to remove my spell.” Princess Twilight grudgingly walks over, looking the least enthusiastic of the bunch.

“If Twilight is willing to go along with it then I will too.”

“Me three!!!”

Both Rarity and Pinkie Pie move over to the group now standing opposite of Celestia.

“Um, I for one do not think this is such a good idea. I mean he is a strange creature after all. What if somepony gets hurt? I don’t want to see anypony get hurt. That would be just awful.”

“Fluttershy really? You’re going to stand against this? You were the only pony who thought to give discord a chance and look how that turned out? It turned out great! On top of that you were the first pony to actually touch him when you fixed his head! I would have thought you would have been before Twilight in agreeing with this.” Rainbow Dash said in exasperation.

“Well um I normally would of but um he looks kind of scary don’t you think?”

“Darling I know he does have a ghastly appearance but you can’t judge a book by its cover. Remember when we had that run in with poison joke all those years ago? We all jumped to conclusions because Zacora looked different from us. All of us looked right past the book that had all the answers just because of the cover and made assumption about Zacora being behind it all.”

I am a little insulted by the way Rarity answered that question but I let it go because it wasn’t the first time I have heard something like
that. After 2,000 years you kind of get used to hearing it.

“Rarity is right sugar cube. We have to give em a chance because it’s what’s inside yah' that matter'. He seems to be an all right pony.”

“All of you think this?”

“Umm hmm” the other five say in unison.

“Well I suppose I can go along with it even if he does look (gulp) scary.”
They all turn to Celestia standing by herself. She has a look of somepony that has just bitten into a rotting lemon.

“I still don’t think this is a good idea.”

“Celestia if there has been anything that I have learned from you over the last 500 years it would be to follow my instincts. My instincts are telling me to go along with this even though it goes against my better judgment.”

“Fine do what you want but keep in mind I am still against this idea. You and I are going to have a very long talk later about this Luna.”

“As we expected sister.”

“So I see you all have agreed to this. Before we get started Twilight would you be so kind.” I point to my horn. “Only I know how to control her magic but only just. She is much more powerful than I. Thank you now the barrier? Good that should do. Ok everypony here it goes. You may want to turn aside or shield your eyes.”

I reach deep within the recesses of my own mind and move aside for the one that is so beautiful and yet so very dangerous. My fur begins to glow, my mane and tail is set afire with a black heatless fire. I begin to glow brighter and brighter to the point I have to close my own eyes. I start to lift off the floor as the magic transformation takes hold. With a sudden flash the transformation is over.