• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 592 Views, 34 Comments

The coming of the Shade - Salizar65



500 years after the sisters Celestia and luna steped down from their reign a new Alicorn has decided to make his excistance know to equestria.

  • ...
20
 34
 592

Arrivals

“Twilight I came as soon as I heard. Whoa now that is something you don’t see every day. What is he?”

“He says he is an alicorn” replied Rainbow Dash

“Ah yes spike. I had forgotten that your assistant was still around as well seeing as he doesn’t leave the castle much. Spike would you be so kind and send a letter to Celestia for me telling her about this situation?” I ask.

“Um Twilight? How does he know about Celestia? How does he know who I am for that matter? We have never met before.”

“I don’t know spike that is what we are trying to figure out. But…” she turns to me “That is the first thing you have said I have agreed with since you have been here. Spike take a note, dear Celestia. I formally request your presence in Ponyville for there is a situation that has come up that has proven to be beyond my knowledge. It is difficult to explain. The situation will become much clearer when you see for yourself. Always your faithful student Twilight Sparkle.”

Just then the door opened again and in walked an orange earth pony being tailed by a yellow Pegasus.

“Howdy Twi, we came as fast as we could the guard that Rainbow had sent made it sound very important that we get here right away. What was it yo... Whoa nelly, now that is important.”

“Honest Apple Jack, you are actually the pony I had hoped would show up next. Though I’m surprised to see Fluttershy with you. But that is of no matter; I would really like for somepony to actually know I am speaking the truth when I say I mean no harm to anypony. Seeing as how your element is honesty and over the last 500 years it’s power has grown so you can now sense when others are being dishonest.”

“Um Twi? Did you tell him about me? Then how does he know me and my talents?”

“I honestly don’t know Apple Jack. He seems to know all of us somehow. The 'how' I haven’t been able to figure out.”

“Apple Jack could you please come over here so you can tell Princess Twilight that everything will be just fine if she releases me from her spells? I would really like to stretch my hooves out.”

Apple jack looks over at Twilight who nods for her to go ahead. “So the first thing I would like to know is what in the hey are yah? Where do you come from? Why should we let you free?”

“Well first off as you can see I am an alicorn male, though I am not the first but I am currently the only living male alicorn to my knowledge. Second I come from the lands beyond the Everfree, from a small town called Shadows Peak. As to why you should release me from this shield, it is extremely uncomfortable being bound like this and I mean you no harm. I came to Equestria in peace and I intend to either leave in peace or stay in peace. How this all turns out will decide whether I stay or go.”

“Um Twi, he is telling the truth as far as I can tell. You did put your magic sealing spell on him right? Well just to be safe I wouldn’t remove that just yet. He is after all unfamiliar to us so he may be able to counter my abilities. But I do believe it would be safe to remove the forcefeild and let him move on his own. I sense no bad intent in him right now.”

“Thank you Apple Jack. Twilight if you would? This is really uncomfortable. Fluttershy you can you can come out from behind Apple Jack now I’m not going to bite. Where are Rarity and Pinkie Pie? They should have been here by now.”

“How do you know about… oh never mind I’ll find out soon enough.” Apple Jack said after realizing it was a pointless question.

“They should be here any moment now. Speaking of witch here they are now.”

“Hey Twilight I stopped over at Rarities because I could feel in it my pinkie sense that’s there was going to be a dozy at the castle that would require all of us and before we could leave to get the others a guard showed up and told us to meet here right away and everypony else was on their way and boy what a dozy this is!” Not even sounding winded Pinkie giggles upon entering the throne room while bouncing like she does when she gets excited.

“My, what garish colored coat you have my friend. How unfortunate for you, you don’t look very friendly with that color scheme.” Rarity as usuall seeing only the ‘fashion’ standpoint of things.

“Other than the obvious fact I am a male alicorn, why else do you think I am trussed up like this? I have a very unfriendly looking stature. Twilight could you please put me down now?”

“I think it is safe to at least let him walk around. All six of us are here now so I think we can handle him if he gets out of hand.” The first thing Rainbow Dash has said since shortly after they had arrived.

“I suppose your right,” she turned to me “remember I will not hesitate to protect those that I love.”

“I understand, I would do the same thing in your position.” Stretching soar and stiff muscles from being held immobile for so long. “I promise you there is no need to fear me. I am not Tirek or king Sombra. I have come to know most of you over the last 500 years; I know your strengths and you weaknesses. I know each and every one of your personalities first hand with the exception of Apple Jack. I’m sorry but you I avoided because of your talent of reading when people lie. And I had to lie about who I reaIly was in order to get to know you ponies and Equestria. For I knew my physical appearance would have this very reaction. So I had to lie and I’m not proud of it but it was necessary. I hope you all will forgive me?”

“Why should we forgive you? For that matter why should we trust you? Hey Twi why don’t we just turn him to stone? After all we re-imprisoned Tirek and he escaped a second time so we turned him to stone so he couldn’t harm anypony again. Why take the chance with this guy?” Rainbow’s usual brash and rough solution for everything difficult.

“I think we should wait for Celestia and Luna to arrive. They should know how to deal with him. After all she taught me that if I didn’t think we could or we couldn’t handle a situation always ask for help. Who better to ask than her?”

Everypony in the room started fidgeting nervously while trying not to look like they were watching my every move. Finally after stretching out the soreness in my limbs I sigh and lay down causing every eye to turn towards me as I do so. After a short time the six gather together and start to whisper just soft enough that I can’t make out what they are saying. After what felt like hours the door opened and in walked Celestia and Luna.

“So my dear twilight what is this strange situa…?”

Suddenly in a flash of light Solar Flare and Nightmare Moon are standing were Celestia and Luna just were. Both of them were staring at me so hard it felt like I should be riddle with holes. For the second time today I was wrapped up in a forcefield before I could sneeze. Suddenly I was flying across the room so fast that when I hit the opposite wall there was a very loud crack. It sounded like the stones or something in me broke. The last thing I heard was Twilight shouting;

“Celestia stop! Control yourself! This is…”

Then everything went dark…