• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 596 Views, 34 Comments

The coming of the Shade - Salizar65



500 years after the sisters Celestia and luna steped down from their reign a new Alicorn has decided to make his excistance know to equestria.

  • ...
20
 34
 596

First meeting.

He stepped out of the Everfree and took in the view of the quaint little town he enjoyed visiting. All but unknown to its inhabitants he often visited the town of Ponyville but the town never truly knew who he was. Until today he had always come in disguise for fear that the inhabitants and its resident princess might take a strange Alicorn entering their town as a possible threat. His usual disguise was that of an old elderly earth pony that enjoyed traveling Equestria. Today he decided to forgo any disguises and let Equestria know him as he truly was, a male Alicorn from beyond the Everfree forest named Camo. As a young colt he had heard tales of Equestria from his adoptive parents. He never knew his true parents. Only days after he was born his parents had left him wrapped in his swaddling in the center of Shadows Peak’s town square. His adoptive mother was taking her usual midnight stroll through then town when she happened upon him. The only thing she found of where he came from was a note.




To whoever finds our son,

Please take good care of our child for we fear that very soon we may not be around much longer to do so ourselves. We wish there was another way to ensure his safety but alas we cannot find one. We entrust our son to you in our absence. Please make sure he knows how much we truly love him and hope to live to see him someday. Be warned that his Alicorn powers are very unstable at this time and need to be controlled. The doctors could not find him for 3 hours after he was born because of his ability conceal himself in plain sight. They must be kept under constant control until he is old enough to control them on his own. His name is Camopony Shadewings. Please take care of our beloved son.



His mom had kept that note and had given it to him when he turned 12. After he turned 20 he finally decided to leave home and try to find out what happened to his parents. He never did.

His mom had told him of how the two princesses Celestia and Luna that ruled the Everfree Forest. For almost a millennia they had ruled before jealousy and anger took hold of the younger sisters heart. Every pony knows the story for it happened almost 3,000 years ago. After 1,000 years the sisters were reunited and ruled Equestria for another 50 years before stepping down and letting their successors Princess Twilight Sparkle and her husband Prince Flash Sentry, Princess Cadence and her husband Prince Shining Armor take over the rule. From what he had heard the two Princesses were still doing a very good job of ruling Equestria together after both Armor and Flash had past almost 500 years ago. He had always thought twilight was a beautiful pony even before she became an alicorn but he had never expressed his feelings.

It was still early morning in Equestria when he walked into town, Luna had not yet fully lowed her moon and neither had Celestia raised her sun. He figured the best way to appear friendly while making sure everypony noticed him was to lay down in the busiest part of town and just wait for everypony to wake up. It was the best plan he could come up with. All his other ideas sounded like they would cause a panic or get himself attacked. He found his spot and got comfortable. He didn’t have to wait long before he started seeing ponies going about their day, but as expected due to his unfortunate coloring he wasn’t noticed for a good while.

After an hour of waiting for the early risers to notice him he decided to stretch his wings and flash they’re brightly colored undersides to get someponies attention. It worked. Several ponies saw him and stopped dead, confusion slowly giving way to fear and finally terror as they bolted away no doubt going to find some royal guard and report his presence. Within minutes he was surrounded by centurion guards with pikes pressed against his throat.. “Well hello every pon...”

“Quiet” one of the guards said as he pressed his spear a little harder against his throat “Not another word, we will see what the first captain wants to do with you.”

As the guard was talking Camo could see a multi colored main coming towards him and his necklace of guard spears. He wasn’t surprised to see the pony it belonged to for he had meet the captain on several occasions for she was a resident of the town and frequently to meet up with her friends.

As the captain walked up she turned her attention to him and introduced herself, “Hello I am first captain Ra…”

“Rainbow Dash” He said finishing her sentence and was slightly amused by the expression of confusion that showed on her and the guard’s faces.

“How do you know who I am?” she said.

“We have met before on several occasions in town here”

“No I don’t think we have, I would have remembered meeting… somepony like you.” She said looking even more confused and just a dash uneasy.

“We have, just about a month ago we had a lovely conversation in the park as we lay on the grass and watched the birds fly about. You just don’t recognize me because I didn’t look like this then. . This is my true form.”

“You’re a CHANGELING!? We had thought that they had been forced out of equestrian completely?”

“No I am not a changeling, I ca...”

“SILANCE! We shall see about that. Bring him we are going to see the princess. She will get to the bottom of this. Sergeant Broad-shield, go and get the others, tell them to meet us in the throne room.”

“Yes maim!” He replied with a salute just before he took flight to go gather the others.
Rainbow Dash turned back to him “No we are going to bring you to the castle and we shall see what kind of CREATURE you really are. Until then be silent and no funny business, I don’t want to have to kill you before we get some answers.” With that she turned around and started to walk off.

One of the guards motioned for him to get up and follow with a stern warning look that clearly said he would have no problem skewering him if he did try anything. Camo just sighed as he stood up and trotted along with his ‘escort’ still surrounding him. It didn’t take long for them to reach the castle from where he decided to make his presence known. He was still in awe of the castles sheer beauty. As he entered the castle he was shocked to find the inside was just as beautiful as the outside if not more so.

As they entered the throne room rainbow dash started to say something but before she could get a word out he yelped in surprise and was suddenly hit with a spell that sealed his alicorn powers away leaving him unable to use them and was lifted by a purple hazy field of magic keeping him from moving a muscle even in the slightest.