• Published 7th Oct 2014
  • 2,671 Views, 149 Comments

Of Wubs and Men - MoltenXKid



My music career is falling. My house is trashed. I'm slowly becoming addicted to a cartoon pony show. And to top it all off, I ordered Vinyl Scratch off the internet from Vogon Biotech.

  • ...
8
 149
 2,671

Wednesday 2

“Alright, Mr. Williams, everything seems alright. Our machine says you have a couple bruised ribs and some other bruises but for the most part, you are okay, “said a female Paramedic as she pulled a scanner way from Mason’s body, “Though, I will give you this cream that’ll accelerate healing.”

“Thanks, “Mason replied, “I need it so I can be in tiptop shape for my next fight.”

“Please, sir. Our records show that you’ve been in too many fights. Please, just don’t move. Also, don’t worry, the police have everything they need to catch the guys who did this.”

Mason nodded, signed for the cream, and leaned back into his chair as the paramedic went to retrieve the medicine. He looked around his home to see his family all standing in various parts. His mom and dad were in the kitchen while Anastasia stood by the window. Vinyl and Octavia were sitting on the couch near him. With a sigh, he closed his eyes and let himself sink into the cushions.

His face hurt like hell. His ribs burned like the place too. Every time he breathed, it felt like the devil was sticking him with a pitchfork. He wanted to tell his family how bad he felt, but he couldn’t. That would only cause more panic. He wanted them to stay calm

While he fought the pain, Mason felt a soft hand touching his; he opened his eyes to see it was his mother. She gave him a soft smile which he returned, yet winced from the pain. His mother’s expression changed to one of worry, yet the Dj moved his hand so to playfully squeeze hers. This calmed her down a little, yet she couldn’t help but worry for her child.

“Alright, Mr. Williams, here’s the cream. I suggest you apply it ASAP, “The paramedic stated as she sat the cream on the coffee table, “And don’t hesitate to call the authorities when needed.”

Once she left and closed the door, everyone turned to Mason. He could only let out a nervous smile as they all crowded around him.

“What the fuck…?” Anastasia asked, “Please explain what you were trying to do…”

“Well…” Mason began.

“Dude, do you know what could have happened if we hadn’t of came when we did?” Vinyl interrupted.

“Yeah but…” Mason said.

“Were you trying to play hero?” Octavia asked, “Because that’s not a very smart thing to do. You could have gotten seriously hurt.”

“Guys…guys…I know what I did was stupid, but we were having such a good day. I didn’t want it to be ruined…I…who knew the Californian Puritans were so rough. I thought they would back off but…I guess not. I suppose they were pissed off at whatever you did, pops.”

Sasha, Mason Sr., and Vinyl froze. Each one being there when the event happened; they knew why the Puritans did what they did.

“Well-“ Mason’s father started.

“Don’t tell me. Those fuckers deserved it…whatever it was.” Mason stated as he reached for the cream. Once he got it, he tried to open it only cringe in pain before smiling towards his family, “Who wants to help me?”


“Warning: This medicine may cause diarrhea, rashes, blisters, sneezing, blindness, and/or erectile dysfunction…” Octavia read.

“Wait…What?!” Mason questioned as he jumped from his chair, ignoring the pain, “Get this stuff off me!”

“I’m just kidding…kidding”


Mason lowered back into his chair, calming himself while letting out a nod of approval to the gray pony. Octavia smiled before continuing to read the medicine package. Once Mason settled, Vinyl and Ana resumed applying the cream. The Dj’s torso and face both were hit hard, so the two decided to split the work among each other. Of course while they worked, the two held back giggles of their own towards Octavia’s joke.

As they cream was smeared, it would start out cold and slowly warm up. It reached a point where Mason could barely tolerate it, yet the heat would disperse and disappear. Mason could only curse as this process had to be repeated three times a session, three times a day. Plus, the cream was relatively expensive. The money he would spend on alcohol would be used to buy it.

“Damn... you’re getting a little chubby…”Ana commented, “Like really. I think I see love handles forming.”

“Hey! I’m as fit as I have ever been, “Mason replied, “That’s just muscle you’re seeing.”

“Naw, dude…that’s fat, “Vinyl stated as she grabbed said love handle, “Squishy and soft.”

Mason grabbed his shirt and quickly tossed it on; his face slightly red.

“I didn’t come here to be made fun of.”

“I’m not making fun of you…just commenting on what I notice.”

“Don’t be embarrassed,” Vinyl said while looking at Octavia, “The bigger ones are more fun in bed.”

Octavia glared at vinyl for a moment before walking towards the kitchen to pour herself a glass of water. Ana and Mason nodded their heads in agreement, yet Anastasia punched Mason in the shoulder; her face of questioning and accusation. Mason simply shrugged and laughed nervously.

Everything for the day had seemed to calm down. Mason’s parents left out for more sightseeing. Everyone else stuffed themselves onto the couch and watched T.V. Breathing room was to be desired as each person struggled to get comfortable.

“You know I have more seat, right?” Mason asked, turning on the television. He truly didn’t mind being close to them.

“Yes…” The other three said in unison.

The Dj nodded his head before flicking through the channels. In all honesty, he didn’t know why he paid for cable. It’s not like watched T.V that often. If he wanted to watch something, he’d just use any one of the many streaming services. He guessed he was just for convenience or background noise. Maybe even for when a guest decided to come over which was rare. At the moment, his home was as full as it has ever been.

Soon the TV settled on a cooking channel that none of the group was paying attention to. Mostly, they enjoying each other’s company and deep within their own thoughts. Idle words were said here and there followed by shifting on the crowded couch. Then back into the thoughts they went. Until the door bell rang.

“Who could that be…?” Vinyl asked.

“You don’t think they came back, do you?” Anastasia asked.

“Well it could be anyone…let’s not jump to conclusions,” Octavia insisted, trying to keep everyone calm.

“Let’s just open the door,” Mason stated, walking towards the door, “The worst that can happen is I get the shit beat out of me again.”

Mason opened the door; each of the females on the couch were ready for anything, yet calmed when they saw Percy, a Police Officer who looked slightly older than Mason, and Mason’s parole officer. Mason, on the other hand, looked worried as he was unsure why those three would be together.

“Look…so some of the samples in my music are copyrighted, but I can explain…” Mason stammered.

“Shut up, kid,” Percy replied, “We aren’t here about that. I don’t even know who these two are. They just happened to pull up when I did. Though, I’d like to know Miss. Officer.”

“Not a chance in hell, pal, “The Parole Officer said, “I just came to tell Mason thanks for attending my nephew’s party. How you did it…I don’t know. One second your tracker is here, the next gone. Then it reappears on the map again, yet it doesn’t move for three hours.”

“Magic!” Vinyl says as she wiggles her fingers and curved her arms movement.

“Whatever it was, thank you. As promised, your citation is gone. As a bonus…I’ll end your parole early.”

“Really? Fuck Yeah!” cheered Mason

“Don’t be too happy. I’m still watching you. Just don’t be stupid, Mr. Helix. I don’t like my trust to be broken.”

The lady then kneed down, entered a code onto the tracker around Mason’s leg, and pulled it off. Then, with a nod, she walked away, got into her car, and drove off. Mason smiled as he rubbed the raw section of his leg. It had been a while since he scratched the skin, so he scratched it until the feeling went away.

The next person of the trio to speak was Percy.

“What the hell happened to your face?” Percy questioned as he unlocked his phone and passed it to Mason to read, “Looks like hell opened up you.”

“Ehh…more like heaven.”

“Just take care of yourself. Anyway, ya see that, kid? It’s a simple competition. You go, you play one song, you win, and bam! 5k credits!” Percy explained, “It’s this Friday at six, and you are signed up to join. If…no when you win this, you explode! This, mixed with that pony show, plus the song with that rapper…things are going to get back on track!”

“Nice, dude. I can always count on you,” Mason spoke; he turned to Ana, “I think I’ll hit them with…”

Anastasia was looking downwards, not making eye contact. She seemed sad and maybe a little heartbroken.

“Percy…I can’t make it. I got a date that day.” Mason explained.

“Kid…I’m not mad and I’m not disappointed. It’s your life, and you choose how to live it, but who will feel this spot? It’s too late to say no and not showing is giving you a bad reputation…shit…”

“Hmm…how about Vinyl?”

“The pony?”

“Yeah…she’s a good if not a great DJ. Probably better than me. She can fill the spot, win, and give you your 15 percent.”

“That’s not a bad idea…”Percy spoke as he took his phone back, “Yeah…this can work…I see it…What do you say, pony?”

All eyes turned to Vinyl took off her shades to wipe them. Her scarlet eyes seemed to glow a little bit brighter.

“Of course I’ll do it. I’ve been meaning to test the jokers around here who call themselves musicians.” Vinyl smirked, “Put ‘em in their place.”

“Alright…alright…I’ll see you Friday, pony…erm Vinyl. Be late. Not too late, but late.” Percy said as he walked to the door, “I gotta make some calls, fly to Detroit, sign some papers, attend a couple meetings, and be back here Friday. I’m getting too old for this…I really am.”

Percy closed the door leaving Mason with the Police officer, who was waiting patiently in silence. Once it seemed like things had calmed down, he took off his hat reveling his brown hair, opened his arms, and invited Mason in for a hug. The only thing Mason could do was open his arms and return the gesture. The two men hugged for a couple moments before letting each other go.

“Where the hell have you been?” Mason asked; a huge grin on his face.

“Not all of us can live on one show a month, dick!” The officer smiled letting out his Hispanic accent, “The rest of us have actual jobs!”

The two men began to talk and ramble on about their lives while Vinyl and Octavia each had a confused expression on their faces. Neither knew why this Police Officer was so friendly and cheery towards a man who quite frequently broke the law. Anastasia sunk into her seat, not letting the officer see her.

The men continued to talk until Octavia cleared her throat, alerting the two men by the door. Realizing what was happening; Mason led the officer closer to the ponies. At first, the officer didn’t want to, but soon gave in and walked towards them.

“Alright, guys…this man right here is a special man,” The Dj stated as he patted the Officer on his back, “This is Officer Andrew Harper…this first man to ever arrest me ,and my best bro!”

Octavia placed her hoof to her forehead and sighed before walking to officer and giving her a warm welcome. Vinyl looked him over before deciding he was decent and following suit. She, too, wasn’t too well with the law. Anastasia continued to sit in her sit, ignoring the guest. She seemed not want to be noticed.

Andrew had a sort of star struck look in his eye when he greeted the ponies. He had been a brony since his father showed him an episode and gave him his first plush, which he keeps in his squad car. Now- many years later- he was finally meeting a pony in real life. He felt their fur, their warmth, and even the rise and fall of their chests. There was no doubt; these ponies were living and his friend had something he needed to be told.

“It was nice meeting you all…and you too Ms. Clark...I hope you’re staying out of trouble,” Andrew said, “Anyway, I don’t have long to chat, so Mason can we speak outside?”

“Sure."

Both men excused themselves before walking outside. When they stepped in to the open, they were nearly blinded by the rays. Even though the sun was starting to set, it still provided more than enough light for the neighborhood children to play outside. This brought some join to them and let Mason forget the pain in his face and torso.

“About time you finally let your inner brony out, “Andrew stated as he lit a cigar, “They say holding things in is dangerous. Though, when you finally let it out, you went with a boom.”

“I am not a brony, okay? Vinyl and Octy are just awesome ponies.” Mason corrected, “And why do you smoke those things? You know they’re dangerous.”

“Old habits die hard, my friend.” Andrew released a puff of smoke, “Those Puritans… they did a number on you, huh?”

“Nothing too bad. It was 3 vs. 1. If they had one more guy, it would have been a fair fight.”

“You wish, Mason. I got good news and bad news. Good news is: We found the guy who did it. Luckily, the footage from your home camera gave us a good glimpse of his face. Facial recognition traced him quick. “

“What’s his name?!” Mason blurted out. He felt some type of anger build in him.

“That’s the bad news. I can’t legally tell you yet. More bad news is…We may not be able to book ‘em. Puritans are everywhere, even in the legal system. Now listen, you’re little school yard bully is a fish that got tired of swimming with the small ones. He wants to get bigger which he has. Slowly working his way through the ranks. Because of that, he has gained a lot of connections that can get him out quickly.”

“So you’re telling me this guy has the potential to keep tormenting me without any consequence?”

“Legally: no…Within his power: yes.” Andrew answered; he put out his cigar and slid it into his shirt pocket, “No worries, I asked for more security around your house and Anastasia’s club.”

“Is that all you all can do…I mean…I have…” Mason struggled for the words, “A family to watch out for.”

“I’ll personally make sure this case goes as quickly as possible. I suspect your bully has more than transgressions than this that’ll help us get ‘em.”

“Thanks, dude.”

“No problem. Alright, Look, I gotta go, I only stopped by to check on you and make sure you they didn’t beat you like the wimp you are.”

“Shut up, dude. Go eat some donuts or something…”

“Whatever…you just make sure you take care of those ponies...”

“What do you mean?”

“You know you’re not the only one with a pony. They are appearing around everywhere. I’m not sure whether to say ‘Congratulations’ or ‘I’m sorry’, but you’ve become part of something that may potentially change this planet. Trust me…I watch CNN.”

“CNN…” Mason teased, “Hey, how’s your Saturday looking? I gotta show you should come to.”

“Oh yeah…I heard about that. The one where Vinyl is gonna beat you. Two ass whoopins in one week. Shit…this I gotta see.”

The two friends shared a quick chuckle before Andrew left. Hands were shook, a vehicle was started, and goodbye were waved. Mason watch his friend drive off into the distance,quickly becoming a dot, before he locked the door back closed.

Inside the home, the three ladies were sitting on the couch, watching the same cooking show as before. As stealthy as he could, Mason walked towards before hopping over the couch and landing in his previous spot. This startled no one except Anastasia whose ears weren’t keen enough to hear Mason walking.

“How was the ‘bro ‘- time?” Asked Anastasia.

“The usual. Just caught up on some things.” Mason replied as he snuggled into the spot.

“What did ya talk about?” Vinyl asked?

Mason looked too his left to see the ponies, and to the right to see Anastasia. He wrapped his arms around three and hugged them tightly while letting out a small smile.

“Oh, you know, the same thing we always talk about: some bullshit.”

Author's Note:

Alright! Finally got this out the way! Great. As usual, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, leave them below.